Pxg are they making money?

Our Sponsors

They have been out long enough. Anyone if they are making money ?   Tough market at their price point. 

Family , golf , fitness , tournaments, and yes work. Golf junky.  

Tough Market at their price point?  I see it as the opposite.  They have actually created a market in which the other OEMs are starting to play (Titleist Concept irons, TMaG P790ti, etc)

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Tough Market at their price point?  I see it as the opposite.  They have actually created a market in which the other OEMs are starting to play (Titleist Concept irons, TMaG P790ti, etc)

Very true look at honma etc. Lots of snobby richy richs out there.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Very true look at honma etc. Lots of snobby richy richs out there.

I have a Honma driver....... Not snobby, or rich.

Also, the new TR20 irons are $1200 a set. That’s on par with Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Also, the new TR20 irons are $1200 a set. That’s on par with Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, etc.

I have a full PXG bag...and I would also say I am neither as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Sorry just being sarcastic. Honma seems good except for those golf clubs that cost $20k?

$1200 a set is crazy anyway you look at it though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

2 hours ago, tjyorke said:

They have been out long enough. Anyone if they are making money ?   Tough market at their price point. 

They are making money and have been rated by inc 500 as one of the fastest growing businesses. 

They are in the high end niche market and there is always a market for that. Despite that they have a comparable or better market share in irons as some well know mainstream brands. Theres been a market for Miura and other high end jdm. Most don’t see it at their everyday muni and most public courses but it’s there.

As jlukes mentioned they brought enough attention with their sales that other brands have jumped on it some with some success and others maybe not as much. Titleist did it with TMB and Concpt irons. The tmb were a good driving iron and didn’t sell much in the full set and titleist moved into and went with the u500/510. The cncpt irons they make in a small batch of about 1000 sets at a premium price and sell out.  Callaway tried with the epic forged rons and to my knowledge it wasn’t that successful. We will see if they do another release for those as a replacement set or if they move on

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Sorry just being sarcastic. Honma seems good except for those golf clubs that cost $20k?
$1200 a set is crazy anyway you look at it though.

Those are the Beres clubs. Yeah, crazy expensive.

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

My post was more i simply didn't know. My thoughts are if you can afford them go for it. No one should care , just like the guy playing a 10yr old driver who cares. Too many judge by clubs.  

• Like 2

Family , golf , fitness , tournaments, and yes work. Golf junky.  

The PXG offerings are intriguing to me. I’d like to get my hands on LH demos to see if they are better for me than what I’m playing now.
I think it’s a great looking club thru the lineup.
As far as making money I believe they are.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

The PXG offerings are intriguing to me. I’d like to get my hands on LH demos to see if they are better for me than what I’m playing now.
I think it’s a great looking club thru the lineup.
As far as making money I believe they are.

The heroes program crushed the second had market prices for gen1 and gen2 after they were released. You could probably find a single club on eBay for a decent price and last time I checked $1200 was max price for a like new set. When I sold my Gen2 last year I squeaked our $1k locally for them and they only had maybe 7-8 rounds on them.

• Like 2

The heroes program crushed the second had market prices for gen1 and gen2 after they were released. You could probably find a single club on eBay for a decent price and last time I checked $1200 was max price for a like new set. When I sold my Gen2 last year I squeaked our $1k locally for them and they only had maybe 7-8 rounds on them.

I’ve seen 2 right hand sets in the wild and they are really good looking clubs.
Putters were on sale last week for $125 then $175 but I didn’t pull the trigger.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

39 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve seen 2 right hand sets in the wild and they are really good looking clubs.
Putters were on sale last week for $125 then $175 but I didn’t pull the trigger.

I think lots of people were taking advantage of the heroes program and flipping for a small profit. They had Somme good deals on putters too including free ones with 0211 iron purchase iirc. It’s nice they are a brand that offers everything in LH but like most there aren’t many in the wild 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

They are making money and have been rated by inc 500 as one of the fastest growing businesses. 

They are in the high end niche market and there is always a market for that. Despite that they have a comparable or better market share in irons as some well know mainstream brands. Theres been a market for Miura and other high end jdm. Most don’t see it at their everyday muni and most public courses but it’s there.

As jlukes mentioned they brought enough attention with their sales that other brands have jumped on it some with some success and others maybe not as much. Titleist did it with TMB and Concpt irons. The tmb were a good driving iron and didn’t sell much in the full set and titleist moved into and went with the u500/510. The cncpt irons they make in a small batch of about 1000 sets at a premium price and sell out.  Callaway tried with the epic forged rons and to my knowledge it wasn’t that successful. We will see if they do another release for those as a replacement set or if they move on

You can't throw a rock without hitting a set of PXGs at my club.  They aren't common at muni's and public courses like you said, but they are definitely all over a lot of private courses.

• Like 3

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

You can't throw a rock without hitting a set of PXGs at my club.  They aren't common at muni's and public courses like you said, but they are definitely all over a lot of private courses.

Huh, interesting. Their like seeing a Unicorn in our part FL. In 4 years I’ve seen 2 sets. They are definitely easy to spot.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Posted (edited)

The No Putts Given Podcast said PXG were discounting up to 50% during April to boost online sales during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Would this not really annoy someone who forked out full price for an iron set pre-discount? They hiked the prices and created this niche market. It's a more exclusive brand. The problem I see is that this move will dilute that exclusivity and the people who bought these irons because they could afford them may not continue to buy them if everyone can afford them (at discounted prices). Have PXG removed the "U" in their "USP"?

I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on this. 

Edited by jaybeemaestro
The No Putts Given Podcast said PXG were discounting up to 50% during April to boost online sales during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Would this not really annoy someone who forked out full price for an iron set pre-discount? They hiked the prices and created this niche market. It's a more exclusive brand. The problem I see is that this move will dilute that exclusivity and the people who bought these irons because they could afford them may not continue to buy them if everyone can afford them (at discounted prices). Have PXG removed the "U" in their "USP"?

Having been fit and bought an entire PXG bag in February the answer is no. They had full bag deals before the price cuts that were less than what the current specials are. I just for fun built my entire bag with the new pricing and without the upgraded shafts that I have and the bag that was included I was still about $600 under the current pricing. Also the pricing they have now is essentially the Heroes pricing that they always have just extended to the mass populous. If anything I think it will build some brand equity and get more people into their gear that normally would not play it.

I do agree with the podcast in that their sales model gave them a better chance to move product with most retailers closed. Also the model Ben Hogan uses and they just launched new product today that will get some traction in the coming days.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

53 minutes ago, jaybeemaestro said:

Not at all. I bought Gen2 before they were out on the heroes program and wasn’t bothered by it at all.

Most people who are buying them aren’t concerned with the price they have to pay. This discount is no different than active duty, military vet or first responders getting better pricing than those without that status.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Having been fit and bought an entire PXG bag in February the answer is no. They had full bag deals before the price cuts that were less than what the current specials are. I just for fun built my entire bag with the new pricing and without the upgraded shafts that I have and the bag that was included I was still about $600 under the current pricing. Also the pricing they have now is essentially the Heroes pricing that they always have just extended to the mass populous. If anything I think it will build some brand equity and get more people into their gear that normally would not play it.

I do agree with the podcast in that their sales model gave them a better chance to move product with most retailers closed. Also the model Ben Hogan uses and they just launched new product today that will get some traction in the coming days.

OK, cool. I was just wondering. PXG does not have that big of a footprint here in the Ireland. PXG sets are few and far between (as the saying goes) this side of the Atlantic. I'd say most purchases are online. If any of the retailers have, and I can't recall seeing them, they would not be doing the "heroes" offer.

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not at all. I bought Gen2 before they were out on the heroes program and wasn’t bothered by it at all.

Most people who are buying them aren’t concerned with the price they have to pay. This discount is no different than active duty, military vet or first responders getting better pricing than those without that status.

So essentially they were hitting the public at the "heroes" offer anyway. They seem like nice clubs. Glad you like them. Would love to try them some day but not really available here and I think I'll get fit for my next iron set.