Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

🏑 How often do you wash your Balls❓ 🤣

viking

Before and after a game?

On every hole?

Only when they are stinky?

Will you miss the ball washer in covid times?

How many strokes do you use in the ball washer? Must have some OCDers here. I do 10.

🤣

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Both your regular balls (pun intended) and found balls.

Keep them clean boys important now more than ever.🧴

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

No ball washers on the course here.  I'm more of an every hole guy, but I recently picked up the GrooveIt Brush for my clubs.  It squirts water on the club and then brushes them clean.  Huge unexpected positive with the brush, I can use it to squirt water the ball and clean it with my towel.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have a brush with bottle incorporated as well but lost the bottle a while ago, that was a great set up. Still have the brush always keep it hanging off the bag. Always clean a club off with the brush and wipe in the club towel unless it did not get dirty. I have a towel for myself as well if it gets hot or starts to rain, proessional CA towel for me and regular towel for the clubs,

I only clean my golf balls when they are dirty or when I find some lost balls I clean them at the next tee box. 🛁

Don't know why they don't just put some hand sanitizer attached to the ball washers, would be better and easier as don't have to remove them then. 🧼

As we play at 8 in the morning, there is dew on the ground......enough to clean the ball. When there isn’t, I simply spit onto my towel and clean the ball, especially when I reach the green.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If they catch you doing that now you will be in trouble with the new rules of covid golf. The way they talk people / inspectors maybe out and if there is violation that course and maybe all in the area maybe everywhere will be closed, no joking here, word and rumour travel in milliseconds now, real news and fake news makes no matter.

Stay safe fozcycle.

Wet my ball towel (thank you, Hilton San Francisco - took home by mistake) before the front 9 and before that back nine. Cleans off my clubs and I usually take it to the every green to clean the ball after I mark.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

I assume you are talking golf.

Guess that may be the norm know. Wet towels to have clean fresh balls.

I have one of those little neoprene pouches with terry cloth inside.  I wet the terry cloth before my round, and it stays wet for the entire round.  I usually only clean my balls (golf) when I see dirt.  I read that Ernie Els tosses a ball once he gets a birdie with it.  He says balls are only good for one birdie.  I believe that superstition would go away if he were paying for his balls.

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

Only clean the ball when there is dirt visible. Usually a towel does a sufficient job and I only have to use the ball washer a couple of times per round. No problems for me playing without ball washers during the Covid conditions as long as I wet the corner of a towel.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

5 hours ago, LittleWalter said:

I have one of those little neoprene pouches with terry cloth inside.  I wet the terry cloth before my round, and it stays wet for the entire round.  I usually only clean my balls (golf) when I see dirt.  I read that Ernie Els tosses a ball once he gets a birdie with it.  He says balls are only good for one birdie.  I believe that superstition would go away if he were paying for his balls.

Ernie is correct when it comes to my game.  If I get a birdie, that ball will be worn out or lost before I get another with it.  🙄

Ball is cleaned when I reach the green.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Still have ball washers at every tee box at my typical course of dismay.  And lately it's been a swamp, so I use every ball washer and my towel along the way.  Fresh balls are hard to keep in Arkansas' rainy seasons.  Humidity doesn't help either 😉.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Every day...

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 4/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, viking said:

Before and after a game?

On every hole?

Only when they are stinky?

Will you miss the ball washer in covid times?

How many strokes do you use in the ball washer? Must have some OCDers here. I do 10.

🤣

My hole in one came from a rather dirty ball. I don't wash the balls the whole round. I do carry a rag and wipe off mud from approach shots. 

I only use the ball washer in the course of the tee if backed up something fierce.

Usually, I will use the same three balls the whole round, rotating them from hole to hole. I usually have 2 different types: prov1 for par 3s and some sort of X ball for into the wind or longer holes cuz they go a little further.

No ball washers on the course because of Covid.  I carry a wet towel and a brush/water bottle and clean my ball before I tee off.  Of course on the green if I need to.  

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

• 2 weeks later...

I keep them clean throughout my round and then when I get home drop them in a bucket let them soak for a little then clean them along with my clubs. It's a good habit extends the life of the balls and clubs at the same time. Also I've seen people miss putts because of something on the ball, that won't be me!

On every tee and usually when I reach the green.  My wife would kill me if I picked up found balls on the course during this time.  So rather than deal with that, I leave everything alone and am constantly using the hand sanitizer on my bag.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I have a small square towel that I like to dampen and use for cleaning golf balls on the course. Half the time, ball washing stations are located somewhere other than the tee box I'm playing and it's rare that I'll actually remember to stop before or after teeing off to make sure I've got a couple of clean golf balls in my rotation. One course I play has a ball and club washer attached to their carts which is nice - I wish more clubs would do that.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 4/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, fozcycle said:

As we play at 8 in the morning, there is dew on the ground......enough to clean the ball. When there isn’t, I simply spit onto my towel and clean the ball, especially when I reach the green.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Since I'm not expecting ball washers to come back soon, I think I'll just fill a solo cup with an inch or two of water, to plop the ball in as needed. Since we're riding single in carts for now, there are four cup holders free...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

When I can touch it during play, it gets cleaned and dried.. Same goes for the club before hitting... It is amazing the amount of people I play with that won't clean their ball or club before swinging away. It makes a big difference..

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* - LA Golf Trono 75X

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 15* - Graphite Design TP7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* - Graphite Design TP7S

7 wood: Titleist TSi2 21* - Graphite Design TP8S

Irons: Miura KM700 (5-P) - DG Tour Issue X110

Wedges: Miura Milled Tour 50/56/60 - DG Tour Issue S400 

Putter: LAB Golf Link1 w/ TPT shaft

Ball: ProV1

Do ball washers on the course still exist?! I haven’t bothered to pay attention since I was a kid!

Wet towel, after I’m on the green, then again before I tee off on the next hole.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I wipe down my ball with a wet towel after every hole and more if it gets muddy.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

ball washers here in socal have been given the ol serial killer treatment ( covered with a plastic bag ) so i use a wet towel to clean my ball when i see dirt

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

The hardest part about washing my balls is balancing on top of the ball washer.

Kidding aside, I have a few of the neoprene ball washer pockets. I clean the ball once it gets dirty.  Usually on the green. Mornings require more cleaning than afternoon rounds due to morning dew and damp soil. Once it gets scuffed it goes in the practice bucket. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag