🏑 How often do you wash your Balls❓ 🤣

Our Sponsors

Before and after a game?

On every hole?

Only when they are stinky?

Will you miss the ball washer in covid times?

How many strokes do you use in the ball washer? Must have some OCDers here. I do 10.

🤣

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No ball washers on the course here.  I'm more of an every hole guy, but I recently picked up the GrooveIt Brush for my clubs.  It squirts water on the club and then brushes them clean.  Huge unexpecte

As we play at 8 in the morning, there is dew on the ground......enough to clean the ball. When there isn’t, I simply spit onto my towel and clean the ball, especially when I reach the green. Sent f

I have one of those little neoprene pouches with terry cloth inside.  I wet the terry cloth before my round, and it stays wet for the entire round.  I usually only clean my balls (golf) when I see dir

Both your regular balls (pun intended) and found balls.

Keep them clean boys important now more than ever.🧴

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Ball washing

• Haha 2

No ball washers on the course here.  I'm more of an every hole guy, but I recently picked up the GrooveIt Brush for my clubs.  It squirts water on the club and then brushes them clean.  Huge unexpected positive with the brush, I can use it to squirt water the ball and clean it with my towel.

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have a brush with bottle incorporated as well but lost the bottle a while ago, that was a great set up. Still have the brush always keep it hanging off the bag. Always clean a club off with the brush and wipe in the club towel unless it did not get dirty. I have a towel for myself as well if it gets hot or starts to rain, proessional CA towel for me and regular towel for the clubs,

I only clean my golf balls when they are dirty or when I find some lost balls I clean them at the next tee box. 🛁

Don't know why they don't just put some hand sanitizer attached to the ball washers, would be better and easier as don't have to remove them then. 🧼

As we play at 8 in the morning, there is dew on the ground......enough to clean the ball. When there isn’t, I simply spit onto my towel and clean the ball, especially when I reach the green.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

If they catch you doing that now you will be in trouble with the new rules of covid golf. The way they talk people / inspectors maybe out and if there is violation that course and maybe all in the area maybe everywhere will be closed, no joking here, word and rumour travel in milliseconds now, real news and fake news makes no matter.

Stay safe fozcycle.

Wet my ball towel (thank you, Hilton San Francisco - took home by mistake) before the front 9 and before that back nine. Cleans off my clubs and I usually take it to the every green to clean the ball after I mark.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS/Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST V2

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5/Cameron Santa Fe

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

I assume you are talking golf.

Guess that may be the norm know. Wet towels to have clean fresh balls.

I have one of those little neoprene pouches with terry cloth inside.  I wet the terry cloth before my round, and it stays wet for the entire round.  I usually only clean my balls (golf) when I see dirt.  I read that Ernie Els tosses a ball once he gets a birdie with it.  He says balls are only good for one birdie.  I believe that superstition would go away if he were paying for his balls.

• Like 4

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

Only clean the ball when there is dirt visible. Usually a towel does a sufficient job and I only have to use the ball washer a couple of times per round. No problems for me playing without ball washers during the Covid conditions as long as I wet the corner of a towel.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

5 hours ago, LittleWalter said:

I have one of those little neoprene pouches with terry cloth inside.  I wet the terry cloth before my round, and it stays wet for the entire round.  I usually only clean my balls (golf) when I see dirt.  I read that Ernie Els tosses a ball once he gets a birdie with it.  He says balls are only good for one birdie.  I believe that superstition would go away if he were paying for his balls.

Ernie is correct when it comes to my game.  If I get a birdie, that ball will be worn out or lost before I get another with it.  🙄

Ball is cleaned when I reach the green.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Still have ball washers at every tee box at my typical course of dismay.  And lately it's been a swamp, so I use every ball washer and my towel along the way.  Fresh balls are hard to keep in Arkansas' rainy seasons.  Humidity doesn't help either 😉.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Every day...

• Haha 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Funniest Bill Murray Caddyshack Moment? : pics

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small: Rogue 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0

:ping-small: G400 3W, 5W, 4H Alta CB S

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 5-PW TT Elevate 95 S

:vokey-small: SM6 48F, 54S, 58S TT Dynamic Gold

:odyssey-small: Lab Works 7s

:bridgestone-small:Tour B X

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 4/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, viking said:

Before and after a game?

On every hole?

Only when they are stinky?

Will you miss the ball washer in covid times?

How many strokes do you use in the ball washer? Must have some OCDers here. I do 10.

🤣

My hole in one came from a rather dirty ball. I don't wash the balls the whole round. I do carry a rag and wipe off mud from approach shots. 

I only use the ball washer in the course of the tee if backed up something fierce.

Usually, I will use the same three balls the whole round, rotating them from hole to hole. I usually have 2 different types: prov1 for par 3s and some sort of X ball for into the wind or longer holes cuz they go a little further.

No ball washers on the course because of Covid.  I carry a wet towel and a brush/water bottle and clean my ball before I tee off.  Of course on the green if I need to.  

Ping G400 Max driver | Ping G410 3 & 5 fairway woods | Titleist 818 H1 4 & 5 hybrids | Titleist 718 AP1 irons | Titleist SM6 52 F & 56M wedges | Rife Mid Mallet 400 putter | Bushnell NEO Ghost GPS | Snell MTB-X yellow / Srixon Q Star Tour yellow ball | GHIN hcp floats between 10 & 14

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

• 2 weeks later...

I keep them clean throughout my round and then when I get home drop them in a bucket let them soak for a little then clean them along with my clubs. It's a good habit extends the life of the balls and clubs at the same time. Also I've seen people miss putts because of something on the ball, that won't be me!

• Like 3

On every tee and usually when I reach the green.  My wife would kill me if I picked up found balls on the course during this time.  So rather than deal with that, I leave everything alone and am constantly using the hand sanitizer on my bag.

• Like 1

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I have a small square towel that I like to dampen and use for cleaning golf balls on the course. Half the time, ball washing stations are located somewhere other than the tee box I'm playing and it's rare that I'll actually remember to stop before or after teeing off to make sure I've got a couple of clean golf balls in my rotation. One course I play has a ball and club washer attached to their carts which is nice - I wish more clubs would do that.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag