TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why no forward facing push carts?

Titleist87

Bags all lie on a cart oriented it same direction - clubs pointed back to the golfer doing the pushing. Why is this not reversed to have the bag oriented as if you were using a carry bag/stand? I remember seeing a cart designed like this many years ago. With the technology we have today with materials and design capability, you'd think this cart style would be available.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

38 minutes ago, Titleist87 said:

Bags all lie on a cart oriented it same direction - clubs pointed back to the golfer doing the pushing. Why is this not reversed to have the bag oriented as if you were using a carry bag/stand? I remember seeing a cart designed like this many years ago. With the technology we have today with materials and design capability, you'd think this cart style would be available.

I am confused on the reason for this.   When I approach the ball with my pushcart,  I stand behind the cart and pull my desired club.  When I carry the bag,  I set it down and position myself in front of the top of the bag to pull clubs.  Facing the other way would require me to walk around the bag.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I kind of agree, it would be nice to have a push cart in which the bag stood straight up or faced forward.  To the comment above and walking around the bag, in the current state of push carts, you have to walk around the back to the put the club back in the bag anyway.  If it faced forward, you could put in directly after hitting, and you would not have to deal with the arm / handle of the cart being in the way.  

If you remember back to when they were all pull carts, the bag also faced toward the handle, suppose most of this is probably due to the balancing of the weight of the clubs and bag while keeping the total length of the cart as short as possible.  

Cobra LTD Driver

Sterling SL 5-SW

Maltby MG 60 Wedge

Wishon 4W

DF Blad2 Putter

It faces backwards because that is where you are standing when you walk up to the ball.  It's also where you have to return to push the cart.  So makes complete sense to have the clubs facing the direction of where you start and end the process.  If they faced forward you would have to walk around the bag to get a club and to put it back.

That said, would it not be simpler to just pull the cart if you want the bag facing forward?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Who would walk around a bag if faced forward? Walk alongside? Yes, when faced forward or back. If it faced forward or back, I would still park it in the same spot off the right (right-handed) of my ball to get yardage. No walking around a bag regardless of orientation.  Perhaps there is one or two more steps but that is really it.

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

... OEMs bottom line is they are in the business of making money. If there were any advantage at all to a forward facing cart, we would at least see an infomercial:

TIRED of your golf bag facing the wrong way after a shot? 

WANT the convieneice of a carry bag combined with the convenience of a push cart?

WANT the best of BOTH worlds? 

Then you NEED RightWay Golf Carts!!!!

RightWay owner: I played the WRONG way for years. My wife and I could not be happier other our WrightWay carts and we shoot lower scores AND are less tired after our round. We could barely walk 18 holes with our old cart (insert video of fumbling to replace club the old bag hunching over the front after hitting a shot and the club falling to the ground and the customer grimaces and throws up his arms in frustration) now we play 36 and are ready for MORE!  After playing with us ALL our friends want one!!! 

Call Now, operators are standing by for your order but HURRY! These are in limited supply because the demand is so HIGH! In fact if you call in the next 30 minutes, you get a FREE WriteWay stencil of your name on your bag to let the people behind you know who is hitting it close to the pin in front of them! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had a picture of the push carts my club has.  They are old school, three decent sized actual bicycle tires facing forward, a nice spot to store divot mix, a really nice area to keep your drink, scorecard, rangefinder, also a nice sized basket below to throw your pullover, vest, etc in.  They move effortlessly and are very stable, we've had rookies put them by a green and have them get blown into a ravine with a small breeze or a small decline 🙂  Everyone that plays our course has the same look on their face when they see the ol relics, but by the end of the first hole they are always believers.  A couple years ago, a club in the Minneapolis area closed it's doors and had all of their pushcarts for sale.  They were the same old carts as ours, except ours are green and these were grey.  Our pro drove up there that day and bought them all. 

Our grounds crew has reinforced them many times and modified them for divot mix.  Every time they try to replace them everyone bitches and won't use the "new" carts.  There's nothing on the market better strictly as a push cart.  The problem with them is they do not fold so they aren't going to work for situations where you need them to be portable.

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

28 minutes ago, KatoGolfer said:

I wish I had a picture of the push carts my club has.  They are old school, three decent sized actual bicycle tires facing forward, a nice spot to store divot mix, a really nice area to keep your drink, scorecard, rangefinder, also a nice sized basket below to throw your pullover, vest, etc in.  They move effortlessly and are very stable, we've had rookies put them by a green and have them get blown into a ravine with a small breeze or a small decline 🙂  Everyone that plays our course has the same look on their face when they see the ol relics, but by the end of the first hole they are always believers.  A couple years ago, a club in the Minneapolis area closed it's doors and had all of their pushcarts for sale.  They were the same old carts as ours, except ours are green and these were grey.  Our pro drove up there that day and bought them all. 

Our grounds crew has reinforced them many times and modified them for divot mix.  Every time they try to replace them everyone bitches and won't use the "new" carts.  There's nothing on the market better strictly as a push cart.  The problem with them is they do not fold so they aren't going to work for situations where you need them to be portable.

KatoGolfer as in Mankato Golfer? I lived on #5 of New Ulm CC. 

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

18 minutes ago, Titleist87 said:

KatoGolfer as in Mankato Golfer? I lived on #5 of New Ulm CC. 

You got it.  I don't get over to New Ulm very often but I've played over there a handful of times.  We have a recip with them 🙂

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

• 1 month later...

My club also has fixed aluminum carts with larger wheels and the bag stands straight up.  My kids use Sun Mountain speed carts and once they tried the clubs carts the SM carts are only used on other courses.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

What about a push cart where your bag is mounted upside down? That way it will be easier to get your clubs out.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

• 4 weeks later...

The OP's idea makes perfect sense if you had a full time cart caddy but liked pulling your own clubs... just saying. 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My initial thoughts are, weight balance and maneuverability. Similar to placing something heavy in the very front of a shopping cart, the cart becomes almost impossible to maneuver. Couple that with balance issues from having the redistributed weight in front, I don’t think it would be practical.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy