TESTERS WANTED! ×

What would you want?

1. Knowledge: Why I swing the way I do and what it causes for example.

2. This is a tougher one as expectations are all over the board. If I can apply what you taught and it effects my game in a positive way then it was a success. 

3. Checkpoints and follow up instruction. The hardest thing with golf is that the vast majority of changes are incremental. Having the ability to have some sort of check points or follow up with instructor (without another full lesson) would be very beneficial. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I actually sought out an instructor last year and this first question was my #1, what I wanted from a coach. I actually interviewed  the prospects because I wanted to know where their head was concerning teaching golf, what their philosophies were and how they approach a new student. I actually found 1 person that fit my requirements, I wasn't concerned with age or gender when I sought out an instructor, I was more concerned with what I could learn from this person and would they "listen" to me! I found that in the coach I decided to take lessons from.

The only way to know the answer to #2 is after the first lesson. After my first lesson I went and played a round at my home course, league night of all things. To my surprise and ego boost the par 5 on the front confirmed I had made the right choice on a coach. A par 5, 550 yards. My 3rd shot, following her instruction from the day before, I planted the shot 6 inches from the pin!!! Tap in birdie!  I've noticed  improvement in my irons from only 1 lesson. She suggested a few changes in my swing, we talked through everything so we were both on the same page before making any changes. Unfortunately the winter weather moved in and ended the season.

The only thing that would have been nice is to play a par 3, 4 and 5 with the coach after the lesson to reinforce and confirm the things covered in the lesson. If not the same day maybe the next day or next lesson, kinda like a playing lesson.

As for me I can't wait to get back with her to review last years iron progress and to make further progress on my game.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

5 hours ago, edteergolf said:

As a golfer:

1. what do you want from an instructor or coach?
  2. What makes you say, I paid for and received exactly what was expected? 
  3. What is missing that you wished was always included?

1.  Someone who takes the time to analyze all aspects of your game and your swing, and then works with you in order to formulate a plan/schedule prioritizing the things likely to make the biggest difference or most improvement (and therefore  hopefuly leading to more enjoyment of this wonderful game)

2. Someone wholly and 100% focused on you for the time of the lesson. Someone who sticks to and implements the plan/schedule devised in#1. Someone who gives "homework" and drills to be worked on at home or on the course.

3.  More on-course, or game-situation training. Non-perfect lies. Feel training.

On 4/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, edteergolf said:

As a golfer:

1. what do you want from an instructor or coach?
  2. What makes you say, I paid for and received exactly what was expected? 
  3. What is missing that you wished was always included?

1.  An instructor that can effectively communicate information in a way i can understand.  An instructor that will help me achieve my goals or help me modify my goals to something realistic.  An instructor that is going to provide an honest assessment.  An instructor that can help build a plan to get achieve my goals.  

2.  Part of this is the communication; during the lesson the discussions are centered around expectations and what can be achieved during the lesson.  The other part is that I am able to perform the swing/drills effectively during the lesson which will enable me to continue to work on those skills after the lesson.  If I leave the lesson and don't understand how to repeat what we did or what was explained, the lesson wasn't successful

3.  A clear understanding on post lesson followup.  Am I allowed to ask questions for a day, week,  month?   Not expecting additional instruction but the ability to contact the instructor to help with clarifications.  After a lesson,  I an reluctant to contact the instructor for help.  

Some of this is dependent on the player instructor/coach relationship.   If there is an established ongoing coaching relationship there will be multiple sessions in which followup would be covered.   If it is more of an instructor where the player takes a lesson or two the followup would be different.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG