TESTERS WANTED! ×

Kirkland Sig Putter

TShaffer

In the mail today I picked up my Costco Connection magazine and like most of you, I flipped through the pages to see what bulk items I might get my hands on. 

And there, on page 51, I found this. After a quick search of the internet, I couldn't find much info, but the description makes it sound like it could be what I have hoped for for a long time, all the Scotty Cameron, non of the price tag. Forged stainless steel, milled face, and comes with a SuperStroke CounterCore grip.

Anyone else excited to see this knockoff beauty in June??

15881093569476931016253110775533.jpg

Wow, it's real! There is like a 30 page GolfWRX thread that has been speculating about this putter for months. People were depressed because they thought it would never come out.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Copy/Paste of IMHO, the best line of Putters, Ping has ever created. Light years ahead of it's time. The discontinued Ping IWI Series. The weight kit comes with 2 X 20 gr and 2 X 28 gr Tungsten weights. The Putter is fitted with 2 X 12 gr weights. On FleaBay, scammers sell kits of 4 X 12 gr inserts, for a small fortune. 

I cherish my Ping, IWI Series, Craz-E Putter, with the (proper) weight kit.

Edited by mdgboxx

DRIVER: :ping-small: G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: 
:srixon-small: Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: 
:srixon-small: Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: 
:ping-small: i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2, Red Dot
PUTTER: :ping-small: Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: 
:ping-small: Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: :srixon-small:-XV
CART: :1590477705_SunMountain: V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: :1590477705_SunMountain: H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: :ping-small: S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

52 minutes ago, mdgboxx said:

Copy/Paste of IMHO, the best line of Putters, Ping has ever created. Light years ahead of it's time. The discontinued Ping IWI Series. The weight kit comes with 2 X 20 gr and 2 X 28 gr Tungsten weights. The Putter is fitted with 2 X 12 gr weights. On FleaBay, scammers sell kits of 4 X 12 gr inserts, for a small fortune. 

+1. I have been playing the IWI D66 several years as there is just something about this particular shape that works for me and Ping's other D66 offerings have been shaped differently in each line where it has been available.

As for the Kirkland Sig, based on posts from a Costco employee in the WRX thread, the initial run is limited to a handful of select stores (mainly west coast). It is strange that they would offer a weight kit online for a putter that is only available in a few stores though. 

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

8 minutes ago, storm319 said:

+1. I have been playing the IWI D66 several years as there is just something about this particular shape that works for me and Ping's other D66 offerings have been shaped differently in each line where it has been available.

As for the Kirkland Sig, based on posts from a Costco employee in the WRX thread, the initial run is limited to a handful of select stores (mainly west coast). It is strange that they would offer a weight kit online for a putter that is only available in a few stores though. 

I still can't believe how many folks on WRX are making such a big deal about this Costco putter. People were accusing that employee of making up stuff, but then he came through with the inventory info by store locations.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

So June 1st at midnight, Costco’s website is going to crash? Lol I’ll pick one up if I can and see what the hype is about! Plus 34.5” is the length I currently play!
Didn’t ping try to sell the weight kits separately for like $70 in the IWI series?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

21 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I still can't believe how many folks on WRX are making such a big deal about this Costco putter. People were accusing that employee of making up stuff, but then he came through with the inventory info by store locations.

I personally wouldn’t have posted anything if I had been in his shoes. Very little benefit vs the potential risk and ridicule. 

10 minutes ago, Rtracymog said:

So June 1st at midnight, Costco’s website is going to crash? Lol I’ll pick one up if I can and see what the hype is about! Plus 34.5” is the length I currently play!
Didn’t ping try to sell the weight kits separately for like $70 in the IWI series?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yep. The putter originally retailed for $170 and the weight kit was $70. Heck, I paid less for my used D66 years ago than I have been able to find a weight kit for!

I could do with out the busy sole design that screams Costco on it but it looks like a good putter honestly. I wonder what the PGA trade in value will be on this one?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I would be open to giving this a shot.  I don't see anything mentioned about LH or RH only, but my guess would be RH only.  We will see

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I like it.  If its sold at a great price and you get 30 days to return it no questions asked, what do you have to lose?  Ive seen people whining that they copied Scotty Cameron and Im like, "what do you think Scotty Cameron does?  He has made a career of taking existing, popular designs, basically copying them, putting his own little flair on them, crowing about his superior craftsmanship and then selling them at 3x the market price."

If Kirkland can have it made in China at a fraction of the price, has much lower overhead than Cameron does and can sell it at a 1/3 of the price, good on them!

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

13 hours ago, DMarrero said:

Would love to see Costco get a golf section with a putting green and a simulator. You would see 30-40 people there constantly. 

Men would more readily agree to go grocery shopping with their wives haha

This is the sort of putter I’ve been looking for. I’ve been battling different putters for years and just recently parted ways with my beloved Scotty cameron studio stainless. Hoping this putter will help ease the regret

Long time lurker, first time poster!  On the MGS No Putts Given podcast this weekend they mentioned that it is more likely akin to the Odyssey line (about min 33.)  Regardless, I've been playing the only putter I've ever owned/used - bought in '92 from a thrift store with my first set.  It is a conversation piece when I play with new people.  But it's going to be time for an upgrade to something with a higher swing weight (mine is a C1 and distance control is a weakness) and more forgiveness.  If I can't get into get evaluated/fitted for a new putter, I'll probably give this a go in the meantime. 

On 4/28/2020 at 4:16 PM, mdgboxx said:

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

13 hours ago, Gatorbob said:

Long time lurker, first time poster!  On the MGS No Putts Given podcast this weekend they mentioned that it is more likely akin to the Odyssey line (about min 33.)  Regardless, I've been playing the only putter I've ever owned/used - bought in '92 from a thrift store with my first set.  It is a conversation piece when I play with new people.  But it's going to be time for an upgrade to something with a higher swing weight (mine is a C1 and distance control is a weakness) and more forgiveness.  If I can't get into get evaluated/fitted for a new putter, I'll probably give this a go in the meantime. 

I think they were referring to the cosmetics more than anything (the sole weights do look very similar to those that were in Odyssey's Metal-X Milled line). 

1 hour ago, storm319 said:

I think they were referring to the cosmetics more than anything (the sole weights do look very similar to those that were in Odyssey's Metal-X Milled line). 

Fair point.  I went back and listened a little closer and I think you're closer to the truth than I am.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

15 hours ago, Gatorbob said:

And probably the only forum member with that putter in his/her signature line. Use whatever works. Pros used blade putters for years with equal success as the plethora of options we now have to choose from. All is needed it to return the face square to the target line. Modern weighting and distribution only helps with off center hits IMO.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

On 4/28/2020 at 3:29 PM, TShaffer said:

In the mail today I picked up my Costco Connection magazine and like most of you, I flipped through the pages to see what bulk items I might get my hands on. 

And there, on page 51, I found this. After a quick search of the internet, I couldn't find much info, but the description makes it sound like it could be what I have hoped for for a long time, all the Scotty Cameron, non of the price tag. Forged stainless steel, milled face, and comes with a SuperStroke CounterCore grip.

Anyone else excited to see this knockoff beauty in June??

15881093569476931016253110775533.jpg

If it comes with the rounded bumpers, I will take a look. Otherwise, no dice for me.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

I am sure it will be decent, but at that price you are right in line with some name brand putters. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Look forward to seeing the reviews on this. I agree might be hard to justify spending as much on this as you could a brand name putter, but if it performs it performs.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I just read that it was $139.99 for the putter and another $34.99 for the weight kit.  I was hoping that it would be around $150 for the package.  The weight kit is only sold online and separate.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

47 minutes ago, Rtracymog said:

I just read that it was $139.99 for the putter and another $34.99 for the weight kit.  I was hoping that it would be around $150 for the package.  The weight kit is only sold online and separate.

Looking like less and less of a good deal to me. 

I am super curious where this putter is coming from. Who is making it?? 

This thing is going to be sold out as soon as released, all purchased by Golf WRXers, lol.

Updated 07/15/2022

I'm willing to give it a try.  I enjoyed the 4 piece ball, don't like the 3 piece ball... if the putter doesn't work it'll either go into the reject bag or I'll return it due to their nice return policy

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Long time follower, first time poster.

Just an update for all, the day has finally come. Costco KS1 Putter is online for sale for $149 (link)

Optional weight kit available here

Just purchased, can post a review after it arrives.

KS1-putter.PNG

Driver: 3+ Epic Speed
Woods: 3, 5 Rogue ST
Irons: Mavrik Pro 4-AW
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52 & 56
Wedges: Titleist SM8 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide