TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG 0211 Irons Inbound

LittleWalter

After playing the same irons (JPX 800 Pro) since 2011/12, I have finally decided to upgrade my irons.  Courses here are open, but the ranges are closed.  As a result, my new sticks will get a baptism by fire on the course Saturday.  I have PXG 0211 irons (4-GW) coming in addition to a Gen 1 Mustang Black Dot putter.  Feel free to hit me up with any questions related to these irons or the putter.  Since most PXG fitting locations are closed, they agreed to check my specs once we return to normal; whenever that is.  I'll be as honest and frank as possible.  As a veteran, I believe in supporting companies that support veterans.  The PXG Heroes deal, which just so happens to be open to everyone now, is a great way to expand the brand.  I just really hope I like these.

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

Keep us updated. The clubs look great, and it would be great to get an honest opinion on the only set of their irons in my price range!

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Best of luck with your new clubs!  Always exciting to get the chance at some new clubs, especially when it's clubs that you will use frequently during the round.  

You may have already done this, but look closely at the loft differences between your old sets so you can come up with a baseline of what club you should be using for different distances.  A 7 iron is not a 7 iron anymore, if you know what I mean.  Unsure if you had anything done to your old Mizuno lofts, but if the specs come in correct, they should be about 2* stronger which should mean you are hitting the PXG's  5 to 8 yards further. 

image.png.a11cdd3e073abdfcf5fd1a2a22957205.png

image.thumb.png.2a52873acf4b7f021fb350694353102c.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

7 hours ago, juspoole said:

Best of luck with your new clubs!  Always exciting to get the chance at some new clubs, especially when it's clubs that you will use frequently during the round.  

You may have already done this, but look closely at the loft differences between your old sets so you can come up with a baseline of what club you should be using for different distances.  A 7 iron is not a 7 iron anymore, if you know what I mean.  Unsure if you had anything done to your old Mizuno lofts, but if the specs come in correct, they should be about 2* stronger which should mean you are hitting the PXG's  5 to 8 yards further. 

image.png.a11cdd3e073abdfcf5fd1a2a22957205.png

image.thumb.png.2a52873acf4b7f021fb350694353102c.png

Feedback is much appreciated.  My Mizunos are 1/2 inch long and 2 degrees upright.  I compared my specs with the stock 0211 specs and ordered accordingly.  I went with 1/2" long and 1 degree up on the lie angle.  I've made it a point to not go as hard at the ball as I used to.  I'm 45 but had back surgery when I was 27.  I've learned that clubbing up is better than aggravating my back.  Those 5 to 8 yards could really come in handy.  I'll keep you all posted.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, LittleWalter said:

As a veteran, I believe in supporting companies that support veterans.  The PXG Heroes deal, which just so happens to be open to everyone now, is a great way to expand the brand.

Bob Parsons is the real deal. Have fun with the new irons... odds of you loving them is very high.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 4/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, LittleWalter said:

After playing the same irons (JPX 800 Pro) since 2011/12, I have finally decided to upgrade my irons.  Courses here are open, but the ranges are closed.  As a result, my new sticks will get a baptism by fire on the course Saturday.  I have PXG 0211 irons (4-GW) coming in addition to a Gen 1 Mustang Black Dot putter.  Feel free to hit me up with any questions related to these irons or the putter.  Since most PXG fitting locations are closed, they agreed to check my specs once we return to normal; whenever that is.  I'll be as honest and frank as possible.  As a veteran, I believe in supporting companies that support veterans.  The PXG Heroes deal, which just so happens to be open to everyone now, is a great way to expand the brand.  I just really hope I like these.

Good luck with your 0211's, they are a great club at a great price from a company with really good customer service!

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

Thank you @LakeCowboy.  Clubs showed up yesterday.  I was going to post some comparison photos of those and my JPX 800 Pros before I christen them tomorrow.  Can't wait!

Little Walter....I am waiting very patiently to recieve my 0211, But I want them here, now...I might have a question on PXG putters for feel and stability.  Congrats for your 0211 (a beatiful club, by the way} and thanks to Bob Parsons and all he has done for us prior military veterans.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, LittleWalter said:

I took advantage of the For Heroes program as well. I know have 0211 irons 5-GW and an 0341 3 Wood. Because of weather and virus I have only had them on the course once but initial results are promising. At the range I've been impressed with the results. I have never played better feeling irons and I hit the 0341 much better than the TM M1 3 wood I had previously.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Great purchase.  Pxg makes great irons.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Ive had about a month with my 0211's (5-SW).

My impressions:

5i & 6i are giving me some trouble. I am inconsistent at best with these two. Mind you, I believe the problem lies more with the user than the tool. I tend to try too hard with these clubs and "help" the ball. I am hopeful that these clubs will force me to make the swing changes necessary to improve my overall game.

7i-W are money! I am experiencing a great improvement in accuracy with these clubs. A few yards shorter than my old sticks but the accuracy has more than made up for the 3-5 yards less distance. I have simply adjusted my club selection and proceeded.

GW is becoming a real favorite. I use it mostly around the green when I need a soft shot that won't roll out. Haven't tried to use it for many full swings yet. I don't tend to hit that type of shot anyway.

SW seems good. Traps are hard to figure right now as they are not raked and conditions are spotty at best.

Overall, I am really happy with my set. The clubs look great and do respond when struck properly. I look forward to continuing to get more experience with them and improving my game. It's good to have something to look forward to in these times.

Stay safe one and all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just happy the range is open again.  I've played 2 rounds with them so far.  86 and 87.  I'm still adjusting.  They are noticeably more forgiving than the Mizunos.  I also hit the ball higher and farther.  Not a lot, but enough to make a difference.  With the ranges being open again, I plan to get some range time in before Saturday's round.  I "would" play Monday, but the high for that day is 100 degrees in Bakersfield.  My golf addiction is cured once triple digits hit.  I once played in Dubai in 127 degree heat and made God a promise that if I survived, I wouldn't tempt death on the course again.  To each their own.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 3:40 PM, LittleWalter said:

I'm just happy the range is open again.  I've played 2 rounds with them so far.  86 and 87.  I'm still adjusting.  They are noticeably more forgiving than the Mizunos.  I also hit the ball higher and farther.  Not a lot, but enough to make a difference.  With the ranges being open again, I plan to get some range time in before Saturday's round.  I "would" play Monday, but the high for that day is 100 degrees in Bakersfield.  My golf addiction is cured once triple digits hit.  I once played in Dubai in 127 degree heat and made God a promise that if I survived, I wouldn't tempt death on the course again.  To each their own.

Normally in arid climates I just say "But it's a dry heat".  At 127, that goes out the window I'm guessing.

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

• 3 months later...

Anyone have any issues with the higher bounce on the PW and GW.  I get mine in a couple weeks and that is the only thing that worries me. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

• 2 weeks later...

Also did anyone pair this with the 0311x driving iron? It is intriguing at its price point now. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 9/8/2020 at 9:50 PM, rbsiedsc said:

Anyone have any issues with the higher bounce on the PW and GW.  I get mine in a couple weeks and that is the only thing that worries me. 

If the bounce is causing problems, you might try strengthening the lofts of the wedges a degree or 2.  That will also lower the bounce.  Given the 5 degree gaps in the 9-W-GW, this might work.  Of course, it may mess up your gapping with your sand wedge.  I've had a couple of sets of irons (not pxg) that went 39, 43 and 48 in the 9 through the gap and haven't had any problems with the gapping between the GW and my 54 degree sand wedge.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seriously considering these irons now that the price point is $89 per club. It seems this discount is set to end on 9/30 so I'm trying to gather info super quickly.

My current set is a nearly 10-year old set of Ping clones (I was young and stupid, sorry) and I've found that they tend to be very accurate and forgiving but I'm hitting ~20 yards shorter than my friends with similar playing ability.

The fitter is open now near Seattle, does anyone have insight into how that process works? Compared to something like Mizuno JPX 9XX Hot Metal or Sub 70 irons how do they fare? Is there anything else I should be considering along with the PXG 0211? Are they a good choice for a mid-handicapper?

Any insight on the above greatly appreciated!

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 12.0

Woods: TaylorMade SLDR 3-Wood

Irons: PXG 0211 4i-Gap Wedge

Wedges: Vokey SM1 56 / Nike SV 60

Putter: Cleveland Frontline Elevado 33"

21 hours ago, Narkolepse said:

I've been seriously considering these irons now that the price point is $89 per club. It seems this discount is set to end on 9/30 so I'm trying to gather info super quickly.

My current set is a nearly 10-year old set of Ping clones (I was young and stupid, sorry) and I've found that they tend to be very accurate and forgiving but I'm hitting ~20 yards shorter than my friends with similar playing ability.

The fitter is open now near Seattle, does anyone have insight into how that process works? Compared to something like Mizuno JPX 9XX Hot Metal or Sub 70 irons how do they fare? Is there anything else I should be considering along with the PXG 0211? Are they a good choice for a mid-handicapper?

Any insight on the above greatly appreciated!

I don't mean to come off snarky, but lets be honest. If you've been playing a set of Ping clones for 10 years, you're not really too interested in your equipment, and you're not going to order a new set of PXG's, no matter how cheap they are right now.

You probably just enjoy getting out there a few times a year and playing the game with your friends and having a few beers.. There's nothing wrong with that, as I'd guess those of us who are more into the "techy" side of things rarely get any major benefits from changing equipment. For the most part, our scores don't change nearly as much as our equipment does. We are just more into "the quest" than you are, lol. 

To answer your question though, I'll ask you a few questions. Do you think playing the clubs you're playing helps you play your best golf? Do you really care? Do you really need to be educated on how to get fit for a set of irons? Haven't you seen and read enough about fittings and these irons both here and elsewhere to help you decide whether they'd be right for you? Or are you going to rely on the opinion of someone whom you don't know, and who knows nothing about your game to convince you to switch out of those 10 year old Ping knockoffs?

Like I alluded to earlier, I think you already know the answer.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, Grand Stranded said:

I don't mean to come off snarky, but lets be honest. If you've been playing a set of Ping clones for 10 years, you're not really too interested in your equipment, and you're not going to order a new set of PXG's, no matter how cheap they are right now.

I bought them at a fitting and picked them up on Monday, but thanks for making a lot of baseless assumptions about me. 

I bought them at a fitting and picked them up on Monday, but thanks for making a lot of baseless assumptions about me. 

So what did you try, how did they compare for a mid handicap, and what did you end up with? I am not sure about the 0211 since they seem to have limited adjustability unlike other pxg irons. Low hook clubs for me and Shafts don’t seem to help. The head weights make it seem like it would be easier to fine tune.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

So what did you try, how did they compare for a mid handicap, and what did you end up with? I am not sure about the 0211 since they seem to have limited adjustability unlike other pxg irons. Low hook clubs for me and Shafts don’t seem to help. The head weights make it seem like it would be easier to fine tune.

I wound up really liking them during the fitting. We focused on fixing the poor fit of my old clubs, and wound up actually standard/standard. I also like this for future re-sale if my interest in golf continues strong and I look to replace in the next couple of years. From what I've seen locally PXG clubs get snatched up quick when someone puts them on OfferUp or similar.

We tried just about every shaft combination and dialed in a stiff shaft with some weight to it. Wound up with the Elevate Tour S300 shafts at just under 120 grams and they felt great. What I was really looking for was forgiveness and distance, and these gave me both. I hit my 7-iron a good 25+ yards further in carry and dispersion improved as well. They just felt right when I had that head & shaft combination.

I'm sure more fine-tuning would be great for someone who's more consistent, but if you're just looking to dial in length / lie angle / shaft their fitting would likely help you do it. One thing they said to me in the fitting, and this resonated with me, is if you're trying to correct a swing flaw by dialing in custom clubs you'd be better suited to spend the money on lessons.

My next step will be to take them to a range for a gapping session and hit them all, they're still brand new in the box in my trunk. PXG Seattle also offered to let me come in and do it in their fitting bay with the launch monitor, which I thought was a pretty great option. I'd be happy to follow up more after I've hit them all.

37 minutes ago, Narkolepse said:

Sorry you took it personally. My post was meant to make fun of guys like me, who are always "looking for better" than it was to make any baseless assumption about you. Looking back I could have worded it better, but ... enjoy your new irons.

That said, pics or it didn't happen🤪🤪🤪!!!!

I wound up really liking them during the fitting. We focused on fixing the poor fit of my old clubs, and wound up actually standard/standard. I also like this for future re-sale if my interest in golf continues strong and I look to replace in the next couple of years. From what I've seen locally PXG clubs get snatched up quick when someone puts them on OfferUp or similar.

We tried just about every shaft combination and dialed in a stiff shaft with some weight to it. Wound up with the Elevate Tour S300 shafts at just under 120 grams and they felt great. What I was really looking for was forgiveness and distance, and these gave me both. I hit my 7-iron a good 25+ yards further in carry and dispersion improved as well. They just felt right when I had that head & shaft combination.

I'm sure more fine-tuning would be great for someone who's more consistent, but if you're just looking to dial in length / lie angle / shaft their fitting would likely help you do it. One thing they said to me in the fitting, and this resonated with me, is if you're trying to correct a swing flaw by dialing in custom clubs you'd be better suited to spend the money on lessons.

My next step will be to take them to a range for a gapping session and hit them all, they're still brand new in the box in my trunk. PXG Seattle also offered to let me come in and do it in their fitting bay with the launch monitor, which I thought was a pretty great option. I'd be happy to follow up more after I've hit them all.

Sounds like you got a great setup. Any reason you didn’t go to the local PXG store to do the fitting?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

Sorry you took it personally. My post was meant to make fun of guys like me, who are always "looking for better" than it was to make any baseless assumption about you.

My bad if I took it the wrong way, re-reading my response it doesn't look very good either. I've wanted to get back into golf for a long time and finally feel able to, for a host of different reasons. 

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Sounds like you got a great setup. Any reason you didn’t go to the local PXG store to do the fitting?

Sorry if I wasn't clear - the fitting was at PXG Seattle.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, Grand Stranded said:

Do you think playing the clubs you're playing helps you play your best golf? Do you really care? Do you really need to be educated on how to get fit for a set of irons? Haven't you seen and read enough about fittings and these irons both here and elsewhere to help you decide whether they'd be right for you? Or are you going to rely on the opinion of someone whom you don't know, and who knows nothing about your game to convince you to switch out of those 10 year old Ping knockoffs?

I feel like I owe you answers to these now 🙂

Do I think the clubs I was playing helps me play my best golf? No.

Do I really care? YES. I haven't been able to afford much besides knockoffs and hand me downs or used equipment. These irons are only my second really nice addition to the bag after my putter, which has been a HUGE improvement.

Do I need to be educated on how to get fit for a set of irons? Yes, kind of. This fitting with PXG basically confirmed my previous fitting from a pro golf discount sucked. I'm still a little bit unsure if these are the best option for me since the fitting ONLY allowed for PXG irons, but I liked them enough to get them. In the future I think I'd consider something like Club Champion, where PXG is one option of many. I'll likely go there for a driver / woods fitting.

Haven't you seen and read enough about fittings and these irons both here and elsewhere to help you decide whether they'd be right for you? Not really - so much of the info about 0211s is 2+ years old, and they're not really compared to the newer irons very much. Part of the impetus for my original post was driven by how little time I'd spent on research up until that point and looking for quick answers.

Or are you going to rely on the opinion of someone whom you don't know, and who knows nothing about your game to convince you to switch out of those 10 year old Ping knockoffs? No convincing was needed, I know I need to make a change. What it came down to for me was finding something that was very high quality, fit my game, and if for some reason doesn't work out I can re-sell and try again. These clubs fit that bill.

22 minutes ago, Narkolepse said:

I feel like I owe you answers to these now 🙂

Do I think the clubs I was playing helps me play my best golf? No.

Do I really care? YES. I haven't been able to afford much besides knockoffs and hand me downs or used equipment. These irons are only my second really nice addition to the bag after my putter, which has been a HUGE improvement.

Do I need to be educated on how to get fit for a set of irons? Yes, kind of. This fitting with PXG basically confirmed my previous fitting from a pro golf discount sucked. I'm still a little bit unsure if these are the best option for me since the fitting ONLY allowed for PXG irons, but I liked them enough to get them. In the future I think I'd consider something like Club Champion, where PXG is one option of many. I'll likely go there for a driver / woods fitting.

Haven't you seen and read enough about fittings and these irons both here and elsewhere to help you decide whether they'd be right for you? Not really - so much of the info about 0211s is 2+ years old, and they're not really compared to the newer irons very much. Part of the impetus for my original post was driven by how little time I'd spent on research up until that point and looking for quick answers.

Or are you going to rely on the opinion of someone whom you don't know, and who knows nothing about your game to convince you to switch out of those 10 year old Ping knockoffs? No convincing was needed, I know I need to make a change. What it came down to for me was finding something that was very high quality, fit my game, and if for some reason doesn't work out I can re-sell and try again. These clubs fit that bill.

I could have answered your original post very simply, by telling you how the 0211's are working for me, and why I chose them, but how would that have really helped you? What I was trying to tell you is that it would be foolish to rely on how I or others are doing with them. When I said "you already know the answers" you knew deep down I was right. Why would you suddenly spend $800 on irons that someone like me or anyone else here recommended to you? 

You were playing a set of 10 year old knockoff irons that you said were incorrectly fit for you, so it was fair to assume that

A. you didn't play a lot, or care much about your equipment, since anyone who did wouldn't have kept that set for 10 years.

B. Just about any iron you tried (assuming they weren't a players blade or MB) would've given you a big gain in distance and probably forgiveness.

C. The fact that as far as I know no one else responded to your original post after I did should've shown you I told you what you needed to hear.

In the end you went and did what you knew you should've done in the first place, which was go and get fitted for an iron you were interested in. You liked what you saw, and bought them. For what it's worth, I think you made an excellent choice. You now have a set of irons that can get you to wherever you want to go in this game. By that I mean they're forgiving enough that you can enjoy them now, and still game them as you get better, all the way to asingle digit handicap if you so desire, because they're that good.