LittleWalter

PXG 0211 Irons Inbound

Our Sponsors

After playing the same irons (JPX 800 Pro) since 2011/12, I have finally decided to upgrade my irons.  Courses here are open, but the ranges are closed.  As a result, my new sticks will get a baptism by fire on the course Saturday.  I have PXG 0211 irons (4-GW) coming in addition to a Gen 1 Mustang Black Dot putter.  Feel free to hit me up with any questions related to these irons or the putter.  Since most PXG fitting locations are closed, they agreed to check my specs once we return to normal; whenever that is.  I'll be as honest and frank as possible.  As a veteran, I believe in supporting companies that support veterans.  The PXG Heroes deal, which just so happens to be open to everyone now, is a great way to expand the brand.  I just really hope I like these.

• Like 5

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

Enjoy the clubs.

Dave

Keep us updated. The clubs look great, and it would be great to get an honest opinion on the only set of their irons in my price range!

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Fujikura Pro XLR8 61 X

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 3w 15°, Fujikura Pro XLR8 71 Tour-X

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4i, KBS Tour 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Model Blades 5-PW, KBS Tour 130X

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour 130X

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Best of luck with your new clubs!  Always exciting to get the chance at some new clubs, especially when it's clubs that you will use frequently during the round.  

You may have already done this, but look closely at the loft differences between your old sets so you can come up with a baseline of what club you should be using for different distances.  A 7 iron is not a 7 iron anymore, if you know what I mean.  Unsure if you had anything done to your old Mizuno lofts, but if the specs come in correct, they should be about 2* stronger which should mean you are hitting the PXG's  5 to 8 yards further. 

image.png.a11cdd3e073abdfcf5fd1a2a22957205.png

image.thumb.png.2a52873acf4b7f021fb350694353102c.png

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

7 hours ago, juspoole said:

Best of luck with your new clubs!  Always exciting to get the chance at some new clubs, especially when it's clubs that you will use frequently during the round.  

You may have already done this, but look closely at the loft differences between your old sets so you can come up with a baseline of what club you should be using for different distances.  A 7 iron is not a 7 iron anymore, if you know what I mean.  Unsure if you had anything done to your old Mizuno lofts, but if the specs come in correct, they should be about 2* stronger which should mean you are hitting the PXG's  5 to 8 yards further. 

image.png.a11cdd3e073abdfcf5fd1a2a22957205.png

image.thumb.png.2a52873acf4b7f021fb350694353102c.png

Feedback is much appreciated.  My Mizunos are 1/2 inch long and 2 degrees upright.  I compared my specs with the stock 0211 specs and ordered accordingly.  I went with 1/2" long and 1 degree up on the lie angle.  I've made it a point to not go as hard at the ball as I used to.  I'm 45 but had back surgery when I was 27.  I've learned that clubbing up is better than aggravating my back.  Those 5 to 8 yards could really come in handy.  I'll keep you all posted.

I’ve found my new 0211 irons to fly within a couple yards of old set (Big Bertha). What I have noticed is that I am much more accurate with scoring clubs. Enjoy yours when they get in!

On 4/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, LittleWalter said:

As a veteran, I believe in supporting companies that support veterans.  The PXG Heroes deal, which just so happens to be open to everyone now, is a great way to expand the brand.

Bob Parsons is the real deal. Have fun with the new irons... odds of you loving them is very high.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

On 4/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, LittleWalter said:

After playing the same irons (JPX 800 Pro) since 2011/12, I have finally decided to upgrade my irons.  Courses here are open, but the ranges are closed.  As a result, my new sticks will get a baptism by fire on the course Saturday.  I have PXG 0211 irons (4-GW) coming in addition to a Gen 1 Mustang Black Dot putter.  Feel free to hit me up with any questions related to these irons or the putter.  Since most PXG fitting locations are closed, they agreed to check my specs once we return to normal; whenever that is.  I'll be as honest and frank as possible.  As a veteran, I believe in supporting companies that support veterans.  The PXG Heroes deal, which just so happens to be open to everyone now, is a great way to expand the brand.  I just really hope I like these.

Good luck with your 0211's, they are a great club at a great price from a company with really good customer service!

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

Thank you @LakeCowboy.  Clubs showed up yesterday.  I was going to post some comparison photos of those and my JPX 800 Pros before I christen them tomorrow.  Can't wait!

Little Walter....I am waiting very patiently to recieve my 0211, But I want them here, now...I might have a question on PXG putters for feel and stability.  Congrats for your 0211 (a beatiful club, by the way} and thanks to Bob Parsons and all he has done for us prior military veterans.

Good luck with your new irons tomorrow... interested to see how you faired with them out of the box.

KaBoom Baby!!! You"ll hit them well  Little Walter

On 4/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, LittleWalter said:

I took advantage of the For Heroes program as well. I know have 0211 irons 5-GW and an 0341 3 Wood. Because of weather and virus I have only had them on the course once but initial results are promising. At the range I've been impressed with the results. I have never played better feeling irons and I hit the 0341 much better than the TM M1 3 wood I had previously.

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° set to 9.5° w/ALTA CB R

image.png Gen 1 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/TFC 419H R

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° Green Dot Mitsubishi Tensei Blue R 

image.png 0211 irons 5 - GW 2° upright w/True Temper Elevate R 

:callaway-small: MD3 54.12 W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

Great purchase.  Pxg makes great irons.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Ive had about a month with my 0211's (5-SW).

My impressions:

5i & 6i are giving me some trouble. I am inconsistent at best with these two. Mind you, I believe the problem lies more with the user than the tool. I tend to try too hard with these clubs and "help" the ball. I am hopeful that these clubs will force me to make the swing changes necessary to improve my overall game.

7i-W are money! I am experiencing a great improvement in accuracy with these clubs. A few yards shorter than my old sticks but the accuracy has more than made up for the 3-5 yards less distance. I have simply adjusted my club selection and proceeded.

GW is becoming a real favorite. I use it mostly around the green when I need a soft shot that won't roll out. Haven't tried to use it for many full swings yet. I don't tend to hit that type of shot anyway.

SW seems good. Traps are hard to figure right now as they are not raked and conditions are spotty at best.

Overall, I am really happy with my set. The clubs look great and do respond when struck properly. I look forward to continuing to get more experience with them and improving my game. It's good to have something to look forward to in these times.

Stay safe one and all.

I'm just happy the range is open again.  I've played 2 rounds with them so far.  86 and 87.  I'm still adjusting.  They are noticeably more forgiving than the Mizunos.  I also hit the ball higher and farther.  Not a lot, but enough to make a difference.  With the ranges being open again, I plan to get some range time in before Saturday's round.  I "would" play Monday, but the high for that day is 100 degrees in Bakersfield.  My golf addiction is cured once triple digits hit.  I once played in Dubai in 127 degree heat and made God a promise that if I survived, I wouldn't tempt death on the course again.  To each their own.

On 5/20/2020 at 3:40 PM, LittleWalter said:

I'm just happy the range is open again.  I've played 2 rounds with them so far.  86 and 87.  I'm still adjusting.  They are noticeably more forgiving than the Mizunos.  I also hit the ball higher and farther.  Not a lot, but enough to make a difference.  With the ranges being open again, I plan to get some range time in before Saturday's round.  I "would" play Monday, but the high for that day is 100 degrees in Bakersfield.  My golf addiction is cured once triple digits hit.  I once played in Dubai in 127 degree heat and made God a promise that if I survived, I wouldn't tempt death on the course again.  To each their own.

Normally in arid climates I just say "But it's a dry heat".  At 127, that goes out the window I'm guessing.

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

Anyone have any issues with the higher bounce on the PW and GW.  I get mine in a couple weeks and that is the only thing that worries me. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji: XLR8 Draw Setup

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Hazardous Yellow 6.5 UPRT

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs

Also did anyone pair this with the 0311x driving iron? It is intriguing at its price point now. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji: XLR8 Draw Setup

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Hazardous Yellow 6.5 UPRT

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs

On 9/8/2020 at 9:50 PM, rbsiedsc said:

Anyone have any issues with the higher bounce on the PW and GW.  I get mine in a couple weeks and that is the only thing that worries me. 

If the bounce is causing problems, you might try strengthening the lofts of the wedges a degree or 2.  That will also lower the bounce.  Given the 5 degree gaps in the 9-W-GW, this might work.  Of course, it may mess up your gapping with your sand wedge.  I've had a couple of sets of irons (not pxg) that went 39, 43 and 48 in the 9 through the gap and haven't had any problems with the gapping between the GW and my 54 degree sand wedge.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood and 7/8 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW (Mizuno HMB's when I'm feeling sporty)

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser