TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

SuperSpeed03_grande.jpg.eea4f1c58e7a569ed7178423d98c965b.jpg

Follow along as our nine (9) dedicated testers embark on the journey to gain more speed. The group has been broken into 3 sets of 3 testers (low, medium, high) with the goal to show that all types of people can benefit from the famed overspeed program. This thread also doubles as the Official SuperSpeed thread for any/all members that may have the system separate for the test.
Low SS:
[mention=92649]J_L_35[/mention]
[mention=77450]Jbmullin[/mention]
[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention]
Med SS:
[mention=93980]MALyons31[/mention]
[mention=72853]MaxEntropy[/mention]
[mention=61361]Apolloshowl[/mention]
High SS:
[mention=56939]jlukes[/mention] 
[mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention]
[mention=94875]alisarodriguez15[/mention]

Congratulations Boys, looking forward to your reviews

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

can't wait to see the improvements

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have always said the only purpose my left arm serves is to keep my body balanced, because it's otherwise almost worthless, so I am actually looking forward to seeing just how awkward my left-handed swing is. I'm good with sharing that with the world. 

First couple sessions it will feel super awkward. After a while, you will surprise yourself. My left handed swing sped up quite a bit and at times actually feels more natural than my normal swing. Sounds weird, but let me know if you experience if after a few weeks.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Congrats everyone, GET THEM GAINZZZZ

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Hey everyone!

I'm feeling very blessed to be doing another review for MGS.

I'f you've read any of my previous reviews (click links for Srixon Z-Star and XV; Cleveland Frontline Elevado), you'll know a little about my gear setup (see signature) and that I love to rip long bombs!

My regular playing partners already tell me I hit it too far (I tell them to move up a tee box), so I'm sure they'll flip a lid when they hear I'm using the SuperSpeed training program.  

I currently enjoy weight lifting and did a little power lifting in my late 20's and early 30's but have since dialed that back.  I maintain a regular weight-lifting routine and do daily rowing on my rower.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pre/post protocol results.  I really enjoy data analysis (again, see my other reviews) and am interested to see if this program actually works!

Edited by ChasingScratch

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Here’s a swing I made back during a testing session for the M5 to get our SuperSpeed juices going!

WITB:

Congratulations.  Following; I'll be in the market for my own set, will be paying close attention to your results!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

15 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

SuperSpeed03_grande.jpg

Follow along as our nine (9) dedicated testers embark on the journey to gain more speed. The group has been broken into 3 sets of 3 testers (low, medium, high) with the goal to show that all types of people can benefit from the famed overspeed program. This thread also doubles as the Official SuperSpeed thread for any/all members that may have the system separate for the test.

Low SS:
@J_L_35
@Jbmullin
@tony@CIC

Med SS:
@MALyons31
@MaxEntropy
@Apolloshowl

High SS:
@jlukes 
@ChasingScratch
@alisarodriguez15

Congrajulashions!!  😆

You guys will have a blast!!  It's tough work, but keep it up and you will see improvements.  I hope SuperSpeed Golf is as involved in this test as they were with ours.  Good luck!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Congratulations and good luck to all the testers.  The SuperSpeed sticks are an absolute blast and you are all in for a treat.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Congrats guy! Can't wait to see how your speed improves!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Ahhhh! I’m so amped to be a tester for this! I’ve been seeing these products for a while and have always been interested in trying them. I’ve always been one that struggled with a lot of distance for my age, for a number of reasons, one being swing speed. In the past year, I’ve gained a ton Of distance just by getting fitted and working on swing sequencing but I still lack a little bit of speed. I’m really happy with the strides I’ve made in regards to distance and I feel it is now adequate for a serious golfer but by doing this program I’m excited to put it over the top. 
I’m looking forward to getting more comfortable with higher swing speeds and by doing so gaining more effortless distance. 
Thank you MyGolfSpy and SuperSpeed golf for choosing me to work with this product. Let’s get swinging!

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

Congrats everyone!  I was hoping to be a part of this.  I might just get these anyway 🙂

good news is our courses are opening again 🙂

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

12 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

So I had some time to think on it last night. One of the things I’m excited about is not necessarily an increase in top swing speed for distance-sake, but rather being able to hit my current swing speed with what feels like less effort. Maybe that will improve accuracy?

It reminds me of when I used to play basketball. I was a three-point shooter. My warmup routine was actually to shoot balls from 10-15ft beyond the three point line so that as I got closer and closer to the actual line it felt like a shooting a free throw. It was very effective way for me to practice.

I’m thinking this system may have the same effect, but it’s all hypothetical at this point. Regardless, I’m excited. What are my fellow testers most intrigued by?

YES!! You hit the nail on the head with this.  While I could use definitely use MORE speed and some distance. I think the thing I’m most excited about is the higher swing speeds feeling more effortless like you said and in turn helping with accuracy. 

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

Congrats everyone!  Hopefully none of you run into injuries or issues beyond your control that take you out of the training schedule like I did 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Congrats to all those picked, I can't wait to see the results

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

I see some of our testers thinking about stuff like accuracy and consistency. That’s great but if you’ve ever read Golf my way by Jack his advice is to teach a kid to swing as fast as he can and the other stuff will come later. SuperSpeed’s goal is speed - learn to swing faster -

It won’t be a straight line. Many of you may be tempted to say, “No mas!”

But if you stick with it you will see increased swing speed, distance and ball striking consistency. I doubt you will feel any sort of ease in your swing. But I doubt that the “smooth” swinging guys and gals on tour feel ease either even though it looks like it.

If it’s like the first time around SuperSpeed will check in here periodically. Hi guys and Daisy!

If you do could you provide your rebuttal to the blue stick only craze that’s going around, please. When I started back up with protocols in January I was trying it with little or no results. I’ve gone back to the more traditional protocols that you suggest with great results - I’m back where I was at the end of our test in about half the time this go round. (I started from a better place). Thanks in advance.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 minutes ago, revkev said:

I see some of our testers thinking about stuff like accuracy and consistency. That’s great but if you’ve ever read Golf my way by Jack his advice is to teach a kid to swing as fast as he can and the other stuff will come later. SuperSpeed’s goal is speed - learn to swing faster -

But if you stick with it you will see increased swing speed, distance and ball striking consistency. I doubt you will feel any sort of ease in your swing. But I doubt that the “smooth” swinging guys and gals on tour feel ease either even though it looks like it.

If it’s like the first time around SuperSpeed will check in here periodically. Hi guys and Daisy!

If you do could you provide your rebuttal to the blue stick only craze that’s going around, please. When I started back up with protocols in January I was trying it with little or no results. I’ve gone back to the more traditional protocols that you suggest with great results - I’m back where I was at the end of our test in about half the time this go round. (I started from a better place). Thanks in advance.

Rev and others who have gone through the program: If you had to do it again - what would you have done different? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Here is my list...

1. Always perform their dynamic warmup in the order they give it.  It's part of the protocol.  Don't skip it!!
  2. Try to set up a routine; same time of day, same place.  Don't make it easy to skip!  3 times a week is tough but stick with it.  I liked mornings.  Hopefully, you have a place that is out of the weather.  I had to do my protocol outside in the fall and winter, which made it too easy to say "I'll skip today."  You guys are lucky to do this when it's warm.
  3. If you HAVE to play golf, try to do the protocol at least an hour before playing.  My experience... don't do it after golf.
  4. My memory is not that good.  I had to write down speeds, so having a place to easily do that is helpful.
  5. Use a radar device to track speed; critical because what you feel is not reality.
  6. Find the maximum range that the radar picks up the speed.  I did not have to swing very close to the unit which reduces the possibility of an "accident".
  7. The SuperSpeed pad for kneeling is great!  Not sure if you are getting it, but a good pad is necessary.  Probably can get it cheaper, but it should be firm, yet soft on the knees.
  8. Follow Daisy's advice.  

Thank you! Will definitely take all this into consideration. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Here is my list...

1. Always perform their dynamic warmup in the order they give it.  It's part of the protocol.  Don't skip it!!
  2. Try to set up a routine; same time of day, same place.  Don't make it easy to skip!  3 times a week is tough but stick with it.  I liked mornings.  Hopefully, you have a place that is out of the weather.  I had to do my protocol outside in the fall and winter, which made it too easy to say "I'll skip today."  You guys are lucky to do this when it's warm.
  3. If you HAVE to play golf, try to do the protocol at least an hour before playing.  My experience... don't do it after golf.
  4. My memory is not that good.  I had to write down speeds, so having a place to easily do that is helpful.
  5. Use a radar device to track speed; critical because what you feel is not reality.
  6. Find the maximum range that the radar picks up the speed.  I did not have to swing very close to the unit which reduces the possibility of an "accident".
  7. The SuperSpeed pad for kneeling is great!  Not sure if you are getting it, but a good pad is necessary.  Probably can get it cheaper, but it should be firm, yet soft on the knees.
  8. Follow Daisy's advice.  

Great list thx. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Great list thx. 

I'm sure others can add to the list.  I think we all had our own unique experiences.  I hope all of your experiences are good ones.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think @Kenny B sums it up pretty well. Getting into a routine and fully committing to it is vital. There will be days you just don't feel it, just try to minimize the effects those days will have on you. It's a long program, but it works and the results are worth it.

Shoes. Wear golf shoes if doing it in the yard. A solid connection to the ground is vital to performance. I did a lot of protocols at night after work when we started, so I got out of the habit of changing from my tennis shoes since I did them in the driveway. 

Most importantly, swing hard and have fun! 

Thanks MyGolfSpy. Given that we’re (mostly) all isolated at home, I too was interested to increase my swing speed. I’m 67 and reside in the Toronto area and have a 94 mph driver speed and wouldn’t argue in increasing it a bit without hurting my back or other body parts. I will review Peter's YouTube suggestions as well. I wouldn’t turn down a testing opportunity for the SpeedSticks if MyGolfSpy would ship them North of the 49th. Be well and be safe to all.

Thanks for the input! I’m not one to ever hold back or swing “smooth” with the driver. I let the natural variance play itself out and aim where I have the best chance of hitting the fairway. The farther I can hit it the better off I typically am. I find that when I tried to “guide” the golf ball and swing smoother with driver my accuracy went bye bye. Even my fitter said “you shouldn’t have to swing slower, swing as hard as you want and it’s my job to build you a driver that performs. Don’t give up your distance.”

I guess my hope is that on days when I don’t have as much energy or it’s colder that my new speed will produce the old results (which I’m happy with as is), rather than losing distance on those types of days.

WITB: