TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Only have done one day so far, but my Max on the green on the final 3 swings was 128 (followed by max driver speed of 114) 

Back on the old thread or maybe even one of the main site articles there was mention of swinging the driver at 80% of green speed so 114 driver speed could see 140ish on the green stick. I am currently seeing closer to 90%. Not that I’m complaining as the end result in the course is what matters. Just curious if there’s anything else I can do or should try.

(But that’s freaking awesome for a first session man!)

I can already tell this is going to be a good group to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

[mention]Bucky CC [/mention] any SuperSpeed C updates? I’m thinking about giving it a shot since
I typically feel like my hands and arms are along for the ride in my swing.

[mention]SuperSpeed Golf [/mention] any advice here... I’m almost done with “week 11” workouts and have noticed my max green speeds seem slow compared to my actual driver swings.

If I take a session of dry swings with driver making as good a “real” swing as I can I hit 108-111 with regularity. My top speeds with the green stick tend to be around 120. I feel like I should be swinging the green faster.

Is this within a normal range you guys see?
Is the SuperSpeed C club good to help someone with “dead hands” get a little more action? Or is it more suited to someone who already uses their hands actively?

Adjustments.jpg.30a086e98042ead91176170f3671dad8.jpg
I saw the green stick go through some serious up and downs when I was heavily in to it over a year ago. For a time I really struggled and was actually swinging the blue faster then the green. Now with this second test group I've tried picking it back up more consistently. Lefty swing is actually faster then is used to be but righty still has some catching up to do(I'm a right handed golfer). Good luck to everyone just starting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I saw the green stick go through some serious up and downs when I was heavily in to it over a year ago. For a time I really struggled and was actually swinging the blue faster then the green. Now with this second test group I've tried picking it back up more consistently. Lefty swing is actually faster then is used to be but righty still has some catching up to do(I'm a right handed golfer). Good luck to everyone just starting.

The off hand swings are crazy. I had one session last week where all of my peak lefty swings were faster than my peak righty swings.

I’ve had plenty of ups and downs with the training so far. But my actual driver swings have remained pretty consistent. It’s been said so many times but it really is true..
Some days I’m just slower than others lol

I love those days where you’re getting loose and can tell it’s going to be a fast swing day.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I'm glad to see you all getting your speed sticks and hearing about you starting out. The Zoom meetings are a great source of information plus, Daisy and Kyle are very helpful if you have any questions or concerns. 

It's crazy, but you'll definitely see days where one set of swings or one club will outperform the others. My fastest swing ever happened with the middle stick and it 3 mph faster than any light stick this go round. There are days that the non dominant swings are faster, I think that might have to do with feeling looser on that side and it's something I've tried to incorporate on the dominant side. 

The off hand swings are crazy. I had one session last week where all of my peak lefty swings were faster than my peak righty swings.

I’ve had plenty of ups and downs with the training so far. But my actual driver swings have remained pretty consistent. It’s been said so many times but it really is true..
Some days I’m just slower than others lol

I love those days where you’re getting loose and can tell it’s going to be a fast swing day.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg.bf3a35f6d82f468655635a87a233076d.jpg
Those days really are the best when you feel that you can really push all your high numbers.

17 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

More of a video documentary of the entire process. Basically a video version of what will be happening in the thread. Some people are more visual and it might be useful to them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I think it's a great idea. When I was looking at SuperSpeed before starting my routine, one of the first things I looked at was YouTube. There wasn't a lot of quality stuff out there for actual "real world" results. I felt like most videos didn't actually show results, or some started a series and never finished it.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I think it's a great idea. When I was looking at SuperSpeed before starting my routine, one of the first things I looked at was YouTube. There wasn't a lot of quality stuff out there for actual "real world" results. I felt like most videos didn't actually show results, or some started a series and never finished it.

I am planning on videoing my sessions , or some of them as i start out and progress. I was going to put them up on a YouTube channel and share the link in my reviews if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

12 hours ago, B.Boston said:

[mention]Bucky CC [/mention] any SuperSpeed C updates? I’m thinking about giving it a shot since

For me the C stick was a marginal gain at best.  On the plus side that means the regular SuperSpeed sticks and my fitness program have been working great since I really focused on increasing club head speed these last two years.  On the negative side it means there are no easy gains left.  I think it's time to go into maintenance mode with CHS and look to save strokes elsewhere.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

For me the C stick was a marginal gain at best.  On the plus side that means the regular SuperSpeed sticks and my fitness program have been working great since I really focused on increasing club head speed these last two years.  On the negative side it means there are no easy gains left.  I think it's time to go into maintenance mode with CHS and look to save strokes elsewhere.

Speed is great, but there is much truth to also obviously working on the rest of the golf skills. While there is a statistically significant positive correlation between swing speed and earnings on the PGA Tour and a statistically significant negative correlation between swing speed and average score(see an analyses I ran below), we have seen golfers of all speeds win multiple at the highest levels.

IMG_6173.PNG
IMG_6174.PNG
IMG_6175.PNG
IMG_6176.PNG

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

15 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Back on the old thread or maybe even one of the main site articles there was mention of swinging the driver at 80% of green speed so 114 driver speed could see 140ish on the green stick. I am currently seeing closer to 90%. Not that I’m complaining as the end result in the course is what matters. Just curious if there’s anything else I can do or should try.

(But that’s freaking awesome for a first session man!)

I can already tell this is going to be a good group to follow.

Yes - the 80 percent is a starting point and where you are at before you do a protocol.  Right at the end of the protocol you will be faster with your own driver than you are normally.  Try it some time.  If you do your dry swings first - without the full dynamic warm up - you'll be at a significant slower speed than you will when you swing driver at the tail end of a protocol.  I've even tried doing a protocol and going out on the course - the speed lasts about 3 holes and I still am swinging faster than normal around 9 but then it's gone. The idea of course is to lock that faster speed in permanently - that's when the jumps occur.

The numbers that you showed would be similar to mine - just a tad faster but percentage wise similar to mine.  Everyone seems all over the place speed wise - I don't know if that's real or the radar doesn't quite pick some swings up right. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have the SuperSpeed set.  It definitely increases swing speed.  I have to take care to make sure I am releasing properly, as my speed training can result in holding the face open if a go too long without playing.

I typically incorporate the swing speed training into my gym time (my location affords me that opportunity.  I also add ball tosses once per week and 30 minutes of assisted and intense stretching at least three times per week. These really help with balance and swing speed.  

I recommend the SuperSpeed training.

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges: 50-54-58: Mizuno MP T20 w/DG S400

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸    :skycaddie:

So testers, do any of you have a target in mind or a speed you would like to achieve?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

2 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

So testers, do any of you have a target in mind or a speed you would like to achieve?

Today I was playing around with the radar they sent to try to optimize placement for when we start the program. Using only my normal warmup with the Orange Whip, I averaged 98 mph on 10 swings and reached 100 twice. I would ultimately like to end up in the 110 range - I know that's a bit of a reach from their average increase of 8.5%, but I figure a stretch goal may force me to push myself a little more. I would be happy with the 8.5% though, as that puts me right around 106 mph.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

A 180mph ball speed would be epic!

WITB:

On 5/5/2020 at 9:50 PM, revkev said:

The guys from the first test are brothers forever and now we have a much needed sister!

I’m all in on the LPGA given that my club has two members of it as members or former members.

Go for it testers - go for it. I hit 116 with my driver today - 116! I mean mine was 88 when I started this 2 years ago - hit a for real one on the course at sea level 261 on Sunday.

This is not sorcery, it’s hard work but it teaches a person what his or hers potential truly is.

116 driver speed rev?  I assume you've upgraded to an XStiff shaft? If not, it's time for a new driver fitting if you're only maxing at 261!

On 5/5/2020 at 9:37 PM, B.Boston said:

[mention]SuperSpeed Golf [/mention] any advice here... I’m almost done with “week 11” workouts and have noticed my max green speeds seem slow compared to my actual driver swings.

If I take a session of dry swings with driver making as good a “real” swing as I can I hit 108-111 with regularity. My top speeds with the green stick tend to be around 120. I feel like I should be swinging the green faster.

Is this within a normal range you guys see?
Is the SuperSpeed C club good to help someone with “dead hands” get a little more action? Or is it more suited to someone who already uses their hands actively?

Adjustments.jpg

I like your chart - I'm going to copy it! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I like your chart - I'm going to copy it! 

feel free!  I used conditional formatting in each column to call out the highest speed.  hopefully those highest numbers stay close to the last week.  Time to focus on my right hand blue and red! 

Awesome engagement so far. Really cool to see. Still waiting on shipment but shouldn't be too much longer. Had a delay with the virus. However a few driving ranges just opened up so should be good timing!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 5/5/2020 at 4:37 PM, jlukes said:

Just finished my first ever protocol. What type of sorcery is this... 

IMG_20200505_142201-picsay.thumb.jpg.b3496fa0bb6f445a8d5a1e6ba5e87371.jpg

IMG_20200505_161113-picsay.thumb.jpg.7c912f585abc672a0acab6799a82433f.jpg

Joe - when you set up the LM for the protocol do you have it set for the driver? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

116 driver speed rev?  I assume you've upgraded to an XStiff shaft? If not, it's time for a new driver fitting if you're only maxing at 261!

[/quote

Again - these are swings at the end of a protocol - those speeds don’t last but I do think I’m approaching 100 on the radar which for me is about 3 mph faster than a trackman type - I could probably go into S flex but this Motore is stronger than the shaft it replaced and I’m getting nice ball flight and distance from it.

The numbers I’m reporting here are during protocols

And wait a minute,I just reread what I wrote - it was 111 with my driver not 116 - the highest that I’ve hit with my driver is 112.

COVID moment - sorry about that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just an FYI for anyone considering getting the SuperSpeed system with the PRGR launch monitor. This is a big factor in getting the most accurate readings I’ve found.

When I played around with the PRGR the first time in my living room and backyard, I could never get a reading higher than 100mph. This was very confusing because whenever I hit in Foresight GC Quad, my ball speed is upwards of 169mph. Soooooo

You need to set the PRGR up with absolutely no grass, carpet, etc interference. Period. Also, it seems as though it needs to be raised to the level it would be if it were a ball on a golf tee. When I did this, I got swing speed numbers like I was expecting.

IMG_6189.thumb.JPG.12e93cd0ff8b8dba97511a6232ba5b5e.JPG

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

I was looking for the price of that launch monitor on the Superspeed site and couldn't find it - is this a new product that isn't out in the US yet?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I was looking for the price of that launch monitor on the Superspeed site and couldn't find it - is this a new product that isn't out in the US yet?

$199

https://superspeedgolf.com/collections/all-products

IMG_6192.PNG

WITB:

I will second @ChasingScratch on raising the PRGR device to the level of the driver swing. 

PRGR_2.thumb.JPG.177832f3e99ad29aea024252775117c7.JPG

Got nervous when I was seeing low 80's but once its up it is fine.

Going to be using a tripod since it has a screw mount on the back, and when I start swinging the SuperSpeed sticks they suggest 8" above the ground.

1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png M5 9 deg [Project X Evenflow Black 65g] // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png SIM Max 3w 15 deg [Fujikura Ventus Blue 5-R] // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png JPX 919 5i-PW // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png ATV Grind Wedges 52-60 [KBS Tour Steel] // 1455271488_Odysseylogo.jpg.b9b3d31d23a9b217779870779776c15d.jpg Stroke Lab 7 // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png TP5 // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png BRD-4 [Cart-Red-Gray] // adidas_logo_21.png.8b407cf238a5268554c70f59912c11a7.png CodeChaos [White-Red]

1448174426_SuperSpeedLogo2.png.17b2bb92c3fb344ab94e0e85f7419d12.png SuperSpeed 2020 Testing Group

Initial Driver Swing Speed: 95 mph

I will second [mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] on raising the PRGR device to the level of the driver swing. 
PRGR_2.thumb.JPG.177832f3e99ad29aea024252775117c7.JPG

Going to be using a tripod since it has a screw mount on the back, and when I start swinging the SuperSpeed sticks they suggest 8" above the ground.

I'm going to try that. I played around with it today and my speeds were about 10 mph below what they normally are.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I'm going to try that. I played around with it today and my speeds were about 10 mph below what they normally are.

Same for me and a few others.

WITB:

Found an old tripod this morning in my closet that I used when traveling. Hopefully this takes care of the height/read issue. 

IMG_6847 (1).JPG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Found an old tripod this morning in my closet that I used when traveling. Hopefully this takes care of the height/read issue. 
822546900_IMG_6847(1).JPG.520a699554f7bcab937f3f1e3528833a.JPG

Nicely done!

WITB:

I have a small tripod with flexible legs that I took to work a few months ago. I may have to grab it when I get back in the office, which for me, could be next Wednesday.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I found an old camera mount from when we had baby monitors I’m going to try. Might screw it to a wood base to make it more stable.

Might could even just use tees in the ground to hold it steady.

IMG_6200.thumb.JPG.418dbd2363afa40738139846879a1717.JPG

WITB: