Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

My question for you guys is are you trying to maintain balance when going after it as hard as possible or are you just ripping at it? I’ve seen a few people’s videos and they would be lucky to hit a fairway or two the way they are going after the super speed sticks. Are you at all worried about sacrificing accuracy for the sake of speed?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

My question for you guys is are you trying to maintain balance when going after it as hard as possible or are you just ripping at it? I’ve seen a few people’s videos and they would be lucky to hit a fairway or two the way they are going after the super speed sticks. Are you at all worried about sacrificing accuracy for the sake of speed?

Good question.

Two things:

1) As far as I understand, the SuperSpeed team wants us to go as hard as physically possible in order to activate the proper motor neuron pathways to develop new speed.

2) I have worked very hard to shorten my backswing. I am not planning on turning into John Daly and falling over. If that’s wrong, I hope the SuperSpeed team will correct me.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

WITB:

Good question.

Two things:

1) as far as I understand, the SuperSpeed team wants us to go as hard as physically possible in order to activate the proper motor neuron pathways to develop new speed.

2) I have worked very hard to shorten my backswing. I am not planning on turning into John Daly and falling over. If that’s wrong, I hope the SuperSpeed team will correct me.

Nope you’re right. They want you to try to swing as fast as possible without thinking about your mechanics.
That’s why it’s normal to not see all of the speed gains right away as you need to mix the speed and skill elements once you go play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:23 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Congrats testers!  @jlukes and  those of you that have been fitted:  Do you think your current setup will no longer fit due to the speed gain/change in dispersion?  

Great Question! I was actually curious about this myself. I actually got a chance to ask this question and the answer I got was YES. It was explained to me that if we were to increase our swing speeds it could throw off our fitting mainly because when we increase our swing speeds, its going to change curtain characteristics of how we swing the club, throwing off our fitting. It was recommended to me to go see my fitter at some point during and after the program.

Honestly, as an amateur 18 handicap golfer, I plan on playing it by ear when it comes to my clubs. Im very satisfied with the amount of distance I currently get with all my clubs. Of course I hope to gain swing speed. But I want to use that gained speed  for is the feel of a more effortless swing of the speeds I currently possess, if that makes sense.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

Good luck everyone - just finishing my 3rd level two, revisited workout

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congrats testers!  [mention=56939]jlukes[/mention] and  those of you that have been fitted:  Do you think your current setup will no longer fit due to the speed gain/change in dispersion?  

Just found this, great question!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 5/1/2020 at 10:23 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Congrats testers!  @jlukes and  those of you that have been fitted:  Do you think your current setup will no longer fit due to the speed gain/change in dispersion?  

I think I'll be good. Won't be changing any real mechanics here, and I'm already fit into xstiff shafts across the board and iron heads that are based around precision and not manufacturing ball speed. 

I think I'll be good. Won't be changing any real mechanics here, and I'm already fit into xstiff shafts across the board and iron heads that are based around precision and not manufacturing ball speed. 

Same for me. But who knows? I have a buddy who tried long drive for a while. He said that trying to play an actual round of golf with his max effort swing was completely useless. He had no clue where the ball was going. When he tried to swing 80% effort, his driver shaft was too stiff for that.

So long story short, it may be a thing where it is just way easier to hit your golfing round top speed with current gear, if you don’t want to just go all out every swing. But I’m talking in complete hypotheticals here.

WITB:

Same for me. But who knows? I have a buddy who tried long drive for a while.

We had a guy in the area who took 1st place in regional long drive. I was watching him play at our local Golfzone he was hammering his drives 320 yds. However, he was so inconsistent in direction that he didn't score any better on the course then the partners who were driving the ball a lot shorter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

We had a guy in the area who took 1st place in regional long drive. I was watching him play at our local Golfzone he was hammering his drives 320 yds. However, he was so inconsistent in direction that he didn't score any better on the course then the partners who were driving the ball a lot shorter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Long drive competitions sometimes come down to who can hit the grid. I’ve seen lots of competitors lose because they simply never got a single ball in play.

It seems that the faster/farther you hit it (at the extreme levels), you potentially bring in more danger with misses.

WITB:

Alright!  With our kickoff happening tomorrow, I did my official pre-testing this afternoon.

Prior to today, I had only played around with the PRGR in tennis shoes, no golf glove, no warmup, etc.

Tonight, I made sure to go through most of the SuperSpeed warm-up protocol and put on my golf shoes and glove.  Those three things really make a difference!

I hit 119mph many times (dry swings) and even got 124 once (not sure if that one was a fluke).

You can watch the video below to see and hear my thoughts on it:

Granted, this is not how I swing on a golf course.  I stay closer to the 110-112 to maintain accuracy off the tee.  However, the name of this protocol is SPEED!  Let's get it!

IMG_6242.JPG

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

16 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Alright!  With our kickoff happening tomorrow, I did my official pre-testing this afternoon.

Prior to today, I had only played around with the PRGR in tennis shoes, no golf glove, no warmup, etc.

Tonight, I made sure to go through most of the SuperSpeed warm-up protocol and put on my golf shoes and glove.  Those three things really make a difference!

I hit 119mph many times (dry swings) and even got 124 once (not sure if that one was a fluke).

You can watch the video below to see and hear my thoughts on it:

Granted, this is not how I swing on a golf course.  I stay closer to the 110-112 to maintain accuracy off the tee.  However, the name of this protocol is SPEED!  Let's get it!

IMG_6242.JPG

I'm enjoying the videos and thanks for the update. Man, that driver speed sounds vicious! I've videoed mine before and the sound is so much slower. It's interesting to see that the PRGR was accurate in terms of driver speed to what you've seen on both Trackman and GC Quad. I know we were told the Swing Speed radar was off by 2-3 mph and wasn't sure about the accuracy of the new radar. 

I like all the creative ways each of you have mounted the PRGR. Good luck to each of you this week and I can't wait to see how the first week goes. 

@ChasingScratch intersting dry run.  Man I thought that driver looked familiar.  I am looking forward to seeing how this works out for all of you testers and in particular, how it all translates to "regular play" swing speeds.  I bought a set, but I do not have a radar (yet) so it will be interesting to see if I see any real world change myself without having numbers to compare while going through the protocols.  Best of luck to you all.

Edited by Subdiver1
  • Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Will be following this closely especially @jlukes comparable swing speed can’t wait to see what kind of gains you get and if you have to adjust anything afterwards swing wise

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Today is start day!

I'm kind of jazzed to see how this is going to work out.

12 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

I am looking forward to seeing how this works out for all of you testers and in particular, how it all translates to "regular play" swing speeds.

Since the launch monitor is very compact, I am going to take it to the course with me for our league nights and track progression on a few holes in a real-world setting. After all, how this translates to the course is what we are really interested in.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

This is directed to the last SuperSpeed Official Tester group: 

1. Did you notice a speed difference between the launch monitors you were using before hand and the ones that came with the system. I noticed about a 4 mph difference between what's been recorded on trackman as well as SC200 and the PRGR LM. I intend on using the PRGR data but just curious. Maybe I was just too bundled up  - it's 44* cloudy and windy here. . 

2. On the protocol sheet for the first level are you capturing the highest mph regardless of the swing orientation and protocol (step change/normal)? Or are you recording for each? The protocol sheet only has one line for each stick - but wondering if it makes sense to capture on a separate worksheet highest speed for swing orientation along with normal and step change. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1. Did you notice a speed difference between the launch monitors you were using before hand and the ones that came with the system. I noticed about a 4 mph difference between what's been recorded on trackman as well as SC200 and the PRGR LM. I intend on using the PRGR data but just curious. Maybe I was just too bundled up  - it's 44* cloudy and windy here. . 
2. On the protocol sheet for the first level are you capturing the highest mph regardless of the swing orientation and protocol (step change/normal)? Or are you recording for each? The protocol sheet only has one line for each stick - but wondering if it makes sense to capture on a separate worksheet highest speed for swing orientation along with normal and step change. 

I’m trying to capture each orientation’s highest and for each type of swing (normal, step-change, etc.). I’m using a separate sheet.

WITB:

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I can't answer the first one, as I don't have a launch monitor. I think @revkev would have the answer to that. As for the second question, we recorded just our fastest swing of the session from each side whether it was regular, step change, or last three with each of our sticks. So our light stick might be last three, middle stick regular, heavy step change.

Just now, ChasingScratch said:

I’m trying to capture each orientation’s highest and for each type of swing (normal, step-change, etc.). I’m using a separate sheet.

I decided to do the same thing. I'll be doing it excel  - that way over time I can graph the data. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Feeling pretty good with the first workout of week 12.

I matched my personal best with the green stick (126) and had quite a few in the 120’s. All the others Left and Right were on the high side of recent trends... and I did this with my own driver TWICE!

IMG_9633.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I just finished my first protocol...in 39 degree weather.

FirstSession.jpg.d0d779f51c474a41a4321733c7468889.jpg

Actual average of 5 swings with my driver after dynamic warm-up was 95.6 mph versus 110.6 mph after completing the protocol. Ignore the ball speed and carry distance (middle and bottom numbers). There wasn't a ball there.

I will be posting my intro and initial thoughts Wednesday evening or Thursday morning - I'm done writing but need better pictures and videos than what I have. Weather has sucked since last Thursday.

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Actual average of 5 swings with my driver after dynamic warm-up was 95.6 mph versus 110.6 mph after completing the protocol. Ignore the ball speed and carry distance (middle and bottom numbers). There wasn't a ball there.

That's an awesome jump!  I'll bet it's an awesome feeling to be up 15mph!  I find that when you are going that fast, it is almost as if you are just along for the ride.  No time for thoughts other than rip it!  Good job!

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

That's an awesome jump!  I'll bet it's an awesome feeling to be up 15mph!  I find that when you are going that fast, it is almost as if you are just along for the ride.  No time for thoughts other than rip it!  Good job!

Thanks. It was strange. The before swings felt like they took more effort then the after and they were certainly more repeatable after. The before swings ranged from 93 - 102, whereas after were all either 110 or 111.

1...Yes - the radar SuperSpeed supplied us with was about 3 mph faster than my voice caddie or trackman swing speed. Regardless you need to use the same device throughout.

2. I recorded all my swings on a separate sheet and then put the fastest ones down on theirs at the end of the week. I actually came across my records the other day.

Finally I found that I was faster when it was warm out than in cooler days - yes we have sone of those in Florida in December and January.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

15 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I just finished my first protocol...in 39 degree weather.

FirstSession.jpg.d0d779f51c474a41a4321733c7468889.jpg

I will be posting my intro and initial thoughts Wednesday evening or Thursday morning - I'm done writing but need better pictures and videos than what I have. Weather has sucked since last Thursday.

I had similar results! After warming up, I was swing about 98-100 mph when I was really giving it a go. Then I completed the level 1 regiment exactly how they asked us, giving every swing everything I had. When I was done, my give it 100% driver swing was 111. Even my "lets just make good contact and get a good one out there" swing that felt like a 70% swing was up to 102. I was completely shocked. I thought, that cant be right, so I jumped on here to see if anybody else was having similar results and I was happy to see that you had!

The most interesting and cool thing about it was my initial 100% driver swing (100 mph) felt exactly the same as my 100% driver swing at the end (111 mph). I know youre probably thinking "well duh" haha, but when you see that big of a jump in that little of time, its shocking!

Right Handed

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:56 AM, Rtracymog said:

Good question. No, I am not exactly striving to maintain balance while swing the super speed sticks, I am just making sure I swing them as hard as I possibly can. Reason being is you are trying to train your body to move as fast as it can. I think you are exactly right to say in some of the videos, swinging like that we absolutely are not going to hit many fairways, but over time, when are bodies get used to the faster speeds, we will have gained speed in our swing and that will the new normal without trying to swing out of our shoes. So to answer your last question, no, im not concerned about losing accuracy for the sake of speed because as time goes throughout this program, im still going to go out on the course and sing my  normal everyday balanced swing, its just going to get a little faster as time goes...

Right Handed