TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

3 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Update: went to the doctor, he said he expects me to be fine. Just need more rest and recovery. Kyle from SuperSpeed doesn’t want time to try and return too soon again. I’m anxious but want to be smart as well. I’ll probably end up being a few weeks behind when all is said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What did the doctor say just a tweak? Good news either way though!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

What did the doctor say just a tweak? Good news either way though!

Most likely a bad muscle pull or minor tear. It’s just in a really unfortunate spot (lower left back which is the clearing side for a righty). Said my hips were a bit out of alignment and that could’ve just been the straw that broke my back.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

1 hour ago, Smellis745 said:

Now that you guys are getting deeper in the training, what are you finding on the course?

So far, I've been perhaps a little more inconsistent off the tee with more right misses than usual, but no left misses since I started the program. I'll take a one-sided miss over my usual nearly 50/50 left/right split any day. Distance is hard to assess with wet fairways and no roll, but many have been in the high end of my Arccos smart range, even without much roll. I have topped a couple tee balls, which I almost never do, so I'm tempted to think all these protocol swings intentionally trying to be around 6" off the ground may be contributing? Just a guess. Irons have been good - I feel smoother and this week in league I was a half to a full club longer than normal on quite a few shots. It may be too soon to tell for me since I tend to be inconsistent from week to week and can be very streaky, so we'll see as things progress.

They finally opened the range at our league course, so I'm going early next week to spend time hitting balls and see what adjustments I can make.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I started doing the protocols during last years testing and stopped due to pain in my fingers but the 2020 thread inspired me to get started again.  The big question was where to start;  I was through 19 weeks so my thought was to start protocol 3 over again but I would judge based on numbers from my first session.  Having done most wanted driver testing,  I knew my swing speed on GC Quad was generally in the 106-108 range when making a normal shot.   Took a before number and swung at 108.   Started the protocol and my initial numbers were just under where I stopped last year so I think I am starting at a good place.   
Very quickly my fingers starting hurting like they were last year.  I thought that maybe I was holding the club to tight so I loosened my grip a little which helped with the pain but will be something I continue to monitor.    
Did a driver speed test after the session and recorded a top speed of 117.   
Thanks to all the people participating in the thread to help get me motivated to get started again!

Have you considered CBD cream? That stuff works well for most people. It’s been a Godsend for me. I use it on my left elbow and fingers two or three times a week.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

46 minutes ago, revkev said:

Have you considered CBD cream? That stuff works well for most people. It’s been a Godsend for me. I use it on my left elbow and fingers two or three times a week.

Can't use it.   My company has stated that using CBD oils, cream, etc. should not be used due to avoid any potential of issues with a drug test. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Can't use it.   My company has stated that using CBD oils, cream, etc. should not be used due to avoid any potential of issues with a drug test. 

That’s a bummer. Have you tried Voltaren gel?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

2 minutes ago, joen said:

That’s a bummer. Have you tried Voltaren gel?

Haven't tried anything;  once I stopped doing the protocols the pain stopped.  I'll try a couple of more sessions and if the pain comes back Ill take a look. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Haven't tried anything;  once I stopped doing the protocols the pain stopped.  I'll try a couple of more sessions and if the pain comes back Ill take a look. 

Got it. Sorry, I didn’t realize that this was pain brought on by the training.

Two thoughts pop to mind. 
     One. This is musculoskeletal. 
     Two.  This is a nerve irritation which is occurring. 
These exercises are done at crazy high speeds with a high potential for injury. 
My shoulders were killing me last year, and I stopped the Superspeed program. Shoulder pain went away. I have hit the weights like never before, and resumed the Superspeed training. No more shoulder pain. Clearly I wasn’t strong enough to handle the torque that I was generating. 
I never do my training if my body doesn’t feel like it wants to.....I was supposed to train today but I slept horrible last night so no training. I wish you the best with this because your increase in speed you discussed makes you a Superspeed poster boy. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I suggest the "Deep Blue" essential oil blend by Doterra. It works.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

18 minutes ago, joen said:

Got it. Sorry, I didn’t realize that this was pain brought on by the training.

Two thoughts pop to mind. 
     One. This is musculoskeletal. 
     Two.  This is a nerve irritation which is occurring. 
These exercises are done at crazy high speeds with a high potential for injury. 
My shoulders were killing me last year, and I stopped the Superspeed program. Shoulder pain went away. I have hit the weights like never before, and resumed the Superspeed training. No more shoulder pain. Clearly I wasn’t strong enough to handle the torque that I was generating. 
I never do my training if my body doesn’t feel like it wants to.....I was supposed to train today but I slept horrible last night so no training. I wish you the best with this because your increase in speed you discussed makes you a Superspeed poster boy. 

Thanks.  Last year I thought it was just too much golf.  I was doing superspeed,  playing twice a week and then doing most wanted testing a couple of times a week.   Been playing about once a week this year and no issues.  Pretty sure you are right and it is coming from the effort to swing fast.  

Not sure I am a poster boy,  my speed gains are pretty typical.  Comfortable swings were about 5 MPH faster after doing the training last year.  It be happy to have a comfortable 112-115 swing speed;  I think that would be pretty good for a 55 year old.  

On 5/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, B.Boston said:

@B.Boston you’re seeing some great gains here! What we’ve found is that the C club can help players break through plateaus and also those who are deficient in speed in the hand and arm segments. The 3 club set you have will help improve ground mechanics and how fast your pelvis and torso segments move but typically won’t increase hand and arm speed as much. The C club targets that specifically. You’d most likely see even more of a jump adding in the C club. Doesn’t have to be now but at some point. 

mention]Bucky CC [/mention] any SuperSpeed C updates? I’m thinking about giving it a shot since
I typically feel like my hands and arms are along for the ride in my swing.

[mention]SuperSpeed Golf [/mention] any advice here... I’m almost done with “week 11” workouts and have noticed my max green speeds seem slow compared to my actual driver swings.

If I take a session of dry swings with driver making as good a “real” swing as I can I hit 108-111 with regularity. My top speeds with the green stick tend to be around 120. I feel like I should be swinging the green faster.

Is this within a normal range you guys see?
Is the SuperSpeed C club good to help someone with “dead hands” get a little more action? Or is it more suited to someone who already uses their hands actively?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjustments.jpg

On 5/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, B.Boston said:

@B.Boston we are looking for the following speeds in relation to your driver while hitting a ball. When not hitting a ball with driver it should be closer to the red club. You may not start there but those are goals to strive for.

20% faster with green

16% faster with blue

10-12% faster with red

Some things we find that can help get players a little more speed during the training are wearing a stable shoe and a glove on each hand. If the feet are slipping or hands are slipping your brain will slow you down to make sure you are stable and to not let the club slip out of the hands.

Back on the old thread or maybe even one of the main site articles there was mention of swinging the driver at 80% of green speed so 114 driver speed could see 140ish on the green stick. I am currently seeing closer to 90%. Not that I’m complaining as the end result in the course is what matters. Just curious if there’s anything else I can do or should try.

(But that’s freaking awesome for a first session man!)

I can already tell this is going to be a good group to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: went to the doctor, he said he expects me to be fine. Just need more rest and recovery. Kyle from SuperSpeed doesn’t want time to try and return too soon again. I’m anxious but want to be smart as well. I’ll probably end up being a few weeks behind when all is said and done.

That’s great to hear!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

23 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

That's great news! I'm glad to hear that it was nothing major. I wish you a speedy recovery and can't wait for you to be able to safely get back to training. Your vlogs have been amazing! 

On 5/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, revkev said:

Hi @revkev we switched this year to the new PRGR pocket launch monitor instead of the Swing Speed Radar. It measures swing speed with our without a ball, ball speed, smash factor, total and carry distance. Pretty darn good for the price point considering other devices out there.

I was looking for the price of that launch monitor on the Superspeed site and couldn't find it - is this a new product that isn't out in the US yet?

On 5/9/2020 at 10:56 AM, Rtracymog said:

@Rtracymog @ChasingScratch we are looking for you to get out of your comfort zone during the training. Doesn’t need to be falling over but we want you to be aggressive through the hitting zone. 
Just because you may swing somewhat differently during the training doesn’t mean that it will transfer that to your swing when hitting a ball. 
Some also find that this helps their swing become more efficient. 

My question for you guys is are you trying to maintain balance when going after it as hard as possible or are you just ripping at it? I’ve seen a few people’s videos and they would be lucky to hit a fairway or two the way they are going after the super speed sticks. Are you at all worried about sacrificing accuracy for the sake of speed?

On 5/10/2020 at 6:55 PM, jlukes said:

@jlukes for a player at your speed the things to consider are just optimizing finer detail specs after gaining speed. You may notice trajectory and flight change some. The things that could help are a ball fitting and ensuring the set up on the woods is good like shaft and weight. 
Also, the ability to hit long irons goes up tremendously when adding speed. It’s amazing what guys like Rory can do with a 3 iron. 

I think I'll be good. Won't be changing any real mechanics here, and I'm already fit into xstiff shafts across the board and iron heads that are based around precision and not manufacturing ball speed. 

well, something new to report. My driver has become completely unhittable. Last week, my driver was the best club in my bag, I was hitting it farther and straighter then ever and today, I can barely hit it....not feeling great about it

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

well, something new to report. My driver has become completely unhittable. Last week, my driver was the best club in my bag, I was hitting it farther and straighter then ever and today, I can barely hit it....not feeling great about it
I'm not that far down the rabbit hole but today I had a massive late turn right on my driver and 3 wood. Ended up having to go irons off the tee because of the trouble it was getting me into.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

3 hours ago, MALyons31 said:

We warned you if you read through last year's reviews and threads. 🙂

What SuperSpeed sometimes calls a plateau feels like an out and out train wreck when you are going through it.  No worries it will pass.  I'm pretty sure that I would not have made it through the program had I not been a part of a testing community.  You will have ups and downs with your protocols and your swing and perhaps your body as well - most of us did the first time around.  Hang in there - the swing issues don't last long - less than two weeks and you will find your new normal - at first it won't be that you are hitting it that much farther, just that you are at the top of your range way more - if you can hang in there the farther comes towards the end of the second level beginning of the third.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Since I haven’t hit a ball since I started the training (and now the injuries are delaying me indefinitely), I have a question. For those who have noticed their accuracy and/or confidence go south with driver, are you swinging all out like you would with a SuperSpeed stick/swing, or are you swinging your normal golf course driver swing?

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Funny you should say that. The last two times I went out, my driver was the most inconsistent club in my bag. Normally I'm hitting the driver straight (I average 77% fairways). The last 2 times I was either topping it or skying the ball. Maybe I need to rethink how I'm hitting the sticks.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Since I haven’t hit a ball since I started the training (and now the injuries are delaying me indefinitely), I have a question. For those who have noticed their accuracy and/or confidence go south with driver, are you swinging all out like you would with a SuperSpeed stick/swing, or are you swinging your normal golf course driver swing?

I feel like I am dialing it back quite a bit. I took the PRGR out to the course with me a couple weeks ago and set it up for two drives and ended up with 107 and 106. Not quite what I've been maxing out at, but not as far off as I expected. Swings felt smooth, but they were both high slices. Since they opened the range at our league course, I plan on going early this week to try to sort things out.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Ended week three with a slight improvement over weeks one and two. You can see the numbers in the link at the top of the page. Overall my best numbers were 87 - 91 - 86.  I was actually disappointed. While I made progress over previous weeks, I didn't make progress this week. My best numbers actually came from Week 3, Day 1. I've got to figure out what I did differently on day 1 vs 2 or 3. 

On a different but related note I was able to drive the ball today which was a problem the last 2 outings. I think I missed only 2 out of 18 fairways today and both of those were to the right vs. short. No topping, no sky balls, just my normal straight drives. I just have to separate my swing thoughts; driver vs. sticks. But OTOH don't ask me about the rest of my game 😡.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Stage 3 videos and wrap up being uploaded to my YouTube channel as i type this. My best numbers we on the final 3 swings with the super light yellow speed stick. Hit 95 mph a couple times. I seem to be finding the most speed with the middle green light stick.
My driver speed swings have been hovering around the 85 mph level the last couple weeks. I am seeing some driver issues on the course like a few others have reported.. seems like a few bad habits creep in. Never thought I’d say it, but thank goodness for my short game which is not great either.

Stoked for the continued progress I’m seeing and looking long term I think next spring after a winter of no golf , i will see the most gains.

Thanks again to MGS and Super Speed for this great opportunity

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Ended week three with a slight improvement over weeks one and two. You can see the numbers in the link at the top of the page. Overall my best numbers were 87 - 91 - 86.  I was actually disappointed. While I made progress over previous weeks, I didn't make progress this week. My best numbers actually came from Week 3, Day 1. I've got to figure out what I did differently on day 1 vs 2 or 3. 

On a different but related note I was able to drive the ball today which was a problem the last 2 outings. I think I missed only 2 out of 18 fairways today and both of those were to the right vs. short. No topping, no sky balls, just my normal straight drives. I just have to separate my swing thoughts; driver vs. sticks. But OTOH don't ask me about the rest of my game 😡.

Keep on keeping on. Not sure if there are dips in this usually. But I know with lifting and most exercises you will tend to see a dip while muscles recover! Either way keep it up!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

19 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I finished Week 3 on Saturday. The week started well with a personal best driver speed of 117 mph on the first day. The rest of the week, I regressed somewhat. I know some peaks and valleys are to be expected, so I don't consider it a big deal. Especially since I did my session Saturday after running a chain saw for a couple hours (I was trying to be conscious of making sure I did it while I was still somewhat fresh, so I took a break and relaxed for a while, did the protocol, and then went back to cutting). I'll just keep chugging away at it. Here is a chart tracking Driver speed (before and after):

image.png.5c9234eca0e9e14949a5ec93cfe5ec25.png

I think the trend was really nice until sessions 8 and 9 get added, but I know that kind of progress is probably not sustainable.

To me, one of the most noteworthy results of the testing to-date is how good my back feels. It has been a struggle for me to find stretches that helped relieve pressure in a golf swing. It seems the combination of the dynamic warm-up and the protocols is doing exactly what I was looking for. There have been a couple times I've finished the sessions and felt some tightness, but as time goes on, I feel better and better after I'm done.

Your back feeling better is surprising; I hope I get that benefit!  I don't have back pain per se, but after deadlifts, rows, and squats during the week I get pretty stiff...very hard to limber up for a weekend round.

Does there seem to be a common trend as to when most people do the protocols?  I lift aggressively MWF, cardio on T & TH.  The MWF workouts have plenty of ab work, mostly planks and ab wheels.  So, last week (week 1 for me) I did the protocol around 8 pm when I felt reasonably fresh.  My workouts are o'dark-30, I don't know that I want to get up even earlier to do this before.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1: