Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

38 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I finished Week 3 on Saturday. The week started well with a personal best driver speed of 117 mph on the first day. The rest of the week, I regressed somewhat. I know some peaks and valleys are to be expected, so I don't consider it a big deal. Especially since I did my session Saturday after running a chain saw for a couple hours (I was trying to be conscious of making sure I did it while I was still somewhat fresh, so I took a break and relaxed for a while, did the protocol, and then went back to cutting). I'll just keep chugging away at it. Here is a chart tracking Driver speed (before and after):

image.png.5c9234eca0e9e14949a5ec93cfe5ec25.png

I think the trend was really nice until sessions 8 and 9 get added, but I know that kind of progress is probably not sustainable.

To me, one of the most noteworthy results of the testing to-date is how good my back feels. It has been a struggle for me to find stretches that helped relieve pressure in a golf swing. It seems the combination of the dynamic warm-up and the protocols is doing exactly what I was looking for. There have been a couple times I've finished the sessions and felt some tightness, but as time goes on, I feel better and better after I'm done.

This is great stuff! Also my back always feels better after making some swings. 
loosens things right up for me and back pain goes away. I think it’s a sign I need to workout more. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I finished Week 3 on Saturday. The week started well with a personal best driver speed of 117 mph on the first day. The rest of the week, I regressed somewhat. I know some peaks and valleys are to be expected, so I don't consider it a big deal. Especially since I did my session Saturday after running a chain saw for a couple hours (I was trying to be conscious of making sure I did it while I was still somewhat fresh, so I took a break and relaxed for a while, did the protocol, and then went back to cutting). I'll just keep chugging away at it. Here is a chart tracking Driver speed (before and after):
image.png.5c9234eca0e9e14949a5ec93cfe5ec25.png
I think the trend was really nice until sessions 8 and 9 get added, but I know that kind of progress is probably not sustainable.
To me, one of the most noteworthy results of the testing to-date is how good my back feels. It has been a struggle for me to find stretches that helped relieve pressure in a golf swing. It seems the combination of the dynamic warm-up and the protocols is doing exactly what I was looking for. There have been a couple times I've finished the sessions and felt some tightness, but as time goes on, I feel better and better after I'm done.
Those before and after coming together will happen periodically. I am not to proud to say I've had a couple before swings be faster then my after swings. Sometimes the workout just zaps me and by the last swings I'm on E.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

This is great stuff! Also my back always feels better after making some swings. 
loosens things right up for me and back pain goes away. I think it’s a sign I need to workout more. 

Prior to the pandemic, my wife and I usually made it to the gym 2-3 times per week. I tried to find a bunch of golf-specific exercises to strengthen my core, knowing I need more core strength to help relieve my back pain, but I never really felt like I was making progress. Prior to about two weeks ago, the dull pain/tightness was almost always there, no matter what I was doing, but especially after golf. Now, I barely feel anything in random day-to-day activities and the degree of tightness after golfing is definitely improved. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

@Getoffmylawn - I aim for MWF to do the protocols, trying to be consistent and doing them around 7 PM, but have had to make a couple adjustments for weather.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 5/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, ChasingScratch said:

@tony@CIC @ChasingScratch Long Drive Professionals can teach us a lot about how to hit the ball farther. Really fun to watch them! As you both mentioned their main goal is to create the maximum amount of speed and distance as possible and try to get one of those ball in the grid. Due to the length of their drivers at just under 49 inches and loft of the driver below 5 degrees this makes accuracy much harder. 

Technology has really helped faster swing speeds maintain accuracy in the normal game. The way the balls and heads are designed compared to 20 years ago drops spin and maintains launch much differently. You’re seeing guys like Cameron Champ and Bryson DeChambeau able to swing over 130 mph and keep the ball in play and win. 

Long drive competitions sometimes come down to who can hit the grid. I’ve seen lots of competitors lose because they simply never got a single ball in play.

It seems that the faster/farther you hit it (at the extreme levels), you potentially bring in more danger with misses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 5/12/2020 at 12:00 PM, ChasingScratch said:

@ChasingScratch Great point here Tony! All testers and anyone else, don’t be afraid to use a different grip on the non dominant side. It could be overlap interlock or even a ten finger grip. Also if not already try a glove on the non dominant side as well. It helps tremendously! 

That is encouraging lol. I need to adjust my grip on the no dominant side. My thumb is it having it.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:02 AM, tony@CIC said:

@tony@CIC we have recommended just to do the standing swings on the dominant side. The reason being we try to make things as simple as possible with the protocols and tracking. However if you feel comfortable you can add the non dominant swings as well. If you’d like to track the step change swings too that is fine but we don’t want to get you bogged down with tracking so much each session. Kind of up to you but it doesn’t hurt. 

Current and former testers along with @SuperSpeed Golf: I'm adapting @B.Boston spreadsheet for capturing data. The question I have is how important is it to capture data for each side (dominant/non-dominant) and for each exercise regular, step change, etc. Or do you just capture the highest SS number for each of the clubs per day. I'm data oriented but on the other hand don't want to spend time capturing data that won't provide value in the future.  

Really concerned about patterns I am seeing on the course after my round sunday (I shot 88, my worst round in probably 5 years) and my range session today.  I simply cannot square my face.  My hands are getting very disconnected from my body and it's causing in out to in swing path with an open face that I just can't get a hang of.  The speed gains on the radar or real, but the yardage on the course (especially with my irons) isnt there to show for it because I keep flaring everything to the left.

Unfortunately due to Covid, I cannot work with my instructor right now so it is extremely frustrating.  I havent hit a fade in over 6 years, but since beginning Super Speed training, my relatively neutral/draw flight has turned into fades and slices. 

Really concerned about patterns I am seeing on the course after my round sunday (I shot 88, my worst round in probably 5 years) and my range session today.  I simply cannot square my face.  My hands are getting very disconnected from my body and it's causing in out to in swing path with an open face that I just can't get a hang of.  The speed gains on the radar or real, but the yardage on the course (especially with my irons) isnt there to show for it because I keep flaring everything to the left.
Unfortunately due to Covid, I cannot work with my instructor right now so it is extremely frustrating.  I havent hit a fade in over 6 years, but since beginning Super Speed training, my relatively neutral/draw flight has turned into fades and slices. 
For me it took a while to get adjusted on the course with my driver and 3w. I use both off the tee and my 3w is supposed to be my accurate alternative. What I did was went back to old videos vs new videos to see where my difference was. For me it was coming out of my posture and swinging over the top. Had to just revert back to what I was doing well beforehand.

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

If I remember correctly you and I had some of the same swing faults (not open enough at impact). If I remember incorrectly then this doesn't mean anything.

I have found that as I get more open at impact the ball flight definitely changes because my path changes. More pronounced with the irons vs driver. Could it be something along these lines and it is just a timing issue?

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 5/15/2020 at 3:05 AM, YKodvavi said:

@YKodvavi the PRGR we sell doesn’t measure in meters per second. There was an old Japan version that had that and a calorie counter. 

we have a modification for those who don’t feel comfortable kneeling on our site. It’s a narrow stance standing swing.

I feel you! I breezed through Level 1 and made decent progress, but 1 week into the Level 2 Protocol and having to kneel got me to just give up. 

I just got myself a PRGR Launch Monitor and that's got me excited to start the program again and hopefully not give up this time around. 

Anyone here know how to change the unit on the PRGR? Change from MPH to M/S? I've been trying to figure it out but can't seem to find anything about that.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, tchat07 said:

@tchat07 definitely a different type of workout. We consistently have to tell people to be careful overtraining. Many want to do it every day or twice a day and we’ve never seen that to be of benefit. Neural fatigue is much different than a typical workout soreness and that day in between sessions is important. Adding a small amount more rest in between sets or switching clubs is ok. Watch the radar to see if your speed if falling during a session, then add a slight bit of rest the next session to see if that helps.

Traditional cardio often slows players down so we prefer more of the sprinting type cardio or strength training in the gym. 

Great quote, I'm going to have to use that haha. What's funny is just as I said that today's workout went better. I am going to throw the random question out there of has anyone from the old group found a way to handle the physical fatigue? More to that point does anyone do cardio exercising in their daily life which makes the swings easier?

10 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If I remember correctly you and I had some of the same swing faults (not open enough at impact). If I remember incorrectly then this doesn't mean anything.

I have found that as I get more open at impact the ball flight definitely changes because my path changes. More pronounced with the irons vs driver. Could it be something along these lines and it is just a timing issue?

My path was very in to out with my miss being a hook (closing face too much).  I worked with the PlaneMate since January mid January and my path has been much more neutral and my face has been much more consistent (much smaller draws and very few hooks).

Since starting Super Speed, my path has gotten a little out to in and my face is wide open.  I had two shanks during my round yesterday and 4 or 5 at the range today.  I cannot tell you the last time I had a shank prior to sunday.

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My path was very in to out with my miss being a hook (closing face too much).  I worked with the PlaneMate since January mid January and my path has been much more neutral and my face has been much more consistent (much smaller draws and very few hooks).

Since starting Super Speed, my path has gotten a little out to in and my face is wide open.  I had two shanks during my round yesterday and 4 or 5 at the range today.  I cannot tell you the last time I had a shank prior to sunday.

Ok so it is same issue as me just different than I remember (I have seen mine as far as 9* in to out).

I won't get in the way of your instructor. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Ok so it is same issue as me just different than I remember (I have seen mine as far as 9* in to out).

I won't get in the way of your instructor. 

I am sure it is posture and "standing up" out of the shot related, but it only seemed to get this extreme once I started the speed training.  Very frustrating, especially because I was striping my irons like never before in Jan-March

I am sure it is posture and "standing up" out of the shot related, but it only seemed to get this extreme once I started the speed training.  Very frustrating, especially because I was striping my irons like never before in Jan-March
Story of my game. If the irons are on my driver sucks. If the wedges are on my putter sucks.

2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Thx - neither the data nor the protocols are bothersome. I actually find that on occasion I swing faster with the step vs. the normal. My day 1, today was slightly better than the previous two days - so hopefully figuring this out. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 minute ago, tchat07 said:

Story of my game. If the irons are on my driver sucks. If the wedges are on my putter sucks.

Why should you be different 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/18/2020 at 12:39 PM, MIgregb said:

@MIgregb congrats on the gains already! Everyone has a potential max ceiling they can reach due to various factors including genetics and what types activities one did as a child. Due to the increases you have had you may be getting closer to that max. That being said, due to the weight of your driver you wouldn’t be able to swing as fast as the lighter SuperSpeed clubs so there most  likely would be potential to train the brain to move ever faster. 
After initial jump of 5% we then see another 3.5% or so within the second or third protocol. After that the gains are smaller and more individual. 

As you are already doing a good way to maximize the distance with your new speed would be to include drills focusing on centeredness of contact and optimizing launch conditions. Also, look into dialing in the clubs and ball from a fitting perspective.

I have a VERY loaded question for the testers, or actually anyone who might have an opinion. My question goes to your thoughts on the efficacy of the SuperSpeed Training System vs. other simpler (read: less expensive) methods.  

Hank Haney says making a golf swing 50 times a day will dramatically improve your swing. So just being bored this winter, along with hoping to do something to improve my swing speed for the season, I started swinging my driver in my living room every day. I started off with a top speed of 89 mph as indicated by my PRGR device. After several weeks of swinging & doing the left swing/right swing drills other on-line coaches suggest, my top speed was routinely in 99 to 100 range topping out at 102 a few times when all the stars aligned & my body cooperated. At the driving range my swing speed seems to top out at about 96 mph, but now I’m concentrating on hitting it straight rather than purely swinging faster. I don’t know what my swing speed was when hitting a ball before starting this exercise.

SuperSpeed doesn’t cite specific speed increases, at least from what I read, after the initial 5%, just that you’ll continue to see improvements as you continue the program. I’m a soon-to-be a 69-year-old guy and I’ve already increased my swing speed in the 11%+ range. So my question is: do you think there would be much of an advantage to the SuperSpeed Training System for someone like me?

Thanks,

I have had a lot of high slices that started right and went right-er. I played today and front 9 was bad enough that I decided to pull the driver instead of 3W and try to work on it a bit. I tried making my grip a little stronger to hopefully counteract the open face and BOOM....

Screenshot_20200601-175316.thumb.jpg.3a6d5ac09a3ee2748f9d9e0a0017cfc9.jpg

I pulled it a bit but everything had been fading so it is not far from where I was trying to start it. This didn't fade, but man it felt good. Sort of a fluke, this was the next best.

Screenshot_20200601-165605.thumb.jpg.a17a509bbc9079e4e7b3e0f770cc4e99.jpg

I wish I had the radar with me to measure a couple real swings.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

9 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have had a lot of high slices that started right and went right-er. I played today and front 9 was bad enough that I decided to pull the driver instead of 3W and try to work on it a bit. I tried making my grip a little stronger to hopefully counteract the open face and BOOM....

Screenshot_20200601-175316.thumb.jpg.3a6d5ac09a3ee2748f9d9e0a0017cfc9.jpg

I pulled it a bit but everything had been fading so it is not far from where I was trying to start it. This didn't fade, but man it felt good. Sort of a fluke, this was the next best.

Screenshot_20200601-165605.thumb.jpg.a17a509bbc9079e4e7b3e0f770cc4e99.jpg

I wish I had the radar with me to measure a couple real swings.

Those are some major bombs! I'm glad to hear you were able to adjust on the fly and are seeing results. 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:44 PM, ChasingScratch said:

@ChasingScratch Hi Tony, PRGR says that their unit measures up to 179 mph on anything so ball speed could be an issue for those that are very fast but club head speed should be ok. We’ve seen quite a few Launch Monitors struggle at high speeds when it gets over about 290 carry. 
We try to change the position of the radar and make sure it’s directly down the line. For a $200 retail unit it offers quite a bit. As always happy to trouble shoot further. 

Just finished my Week 2 day 1 training. I think I hit a PR on two of the exercises, but just 1mph faster for both.

Here’s the thing. I wonder if the PRGR struggles at faster swings. Reason being is I couldn’t get anywhere over 121mph with dry driver swings at the end of my session. So for fun I decided to try a “cruising swing” speed (85%) and a "golf course speed" (what I would swing on the course on a real golf hole). I was hitting 117ph, 118mph, and even 119mph with what felt like 85% effort and my golf course swings. Then I’d try all out effort and couldn’t get over 121mph (which I only hit twice, most were 118 or 119).  Recall that I have hit 130mph (just once) and 126mph.

Looking at the video (which I’ll post below) seems like there is substantial difference in speed (visually and sound), but only 2mph faster.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't want to just go off of "feel" when I could have objective data to go by.

Let me know if you all think the hard swing is more than 2mph faster than the others.  Maybe I'm crazy...

On 5/28/2020 at 8:00 AM, tony@CIC said:

Not sure if it was the heat and humidity or recovery from the Memorial Day weekend - but yesterday's swings were lower with all of the sticks - most in the 3-4 mph range. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings, hopefully the numbers will be back up. 

Same thing just happened to me with the 1st session of Week 4...but I did spend a lot of time outside this weekend moving gravel / putting in a new pool liner

No pain, no gain!

1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png M5 9 deg [Project X Evenflow Black 65g] // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png SIM Max 3w 15 deg [Fujikura Ventus Blue 5-R] // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png JPX 919 5i-PW // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png ATV Grind Wedges 52-60 [KBS Tour Steel] // 1455271488_Odysseylogo.jpg.b9b3d31d23a9b217779870779776c15d.jpg Stroke Lab 7 // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png TP5 // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png BRD-4 [Cart-Red-Gray] // adidas_logo_21.png.8b407cf238a5268554c70f59912c11a7.png CodeChaos [White-Red]

1448174426_SuperSpeedLogo2.png.17b2bb92c3fb344ab94e0e85f7419d12.png SuperSpeed 2020 Testing Group

Initial Driver Swing Speed: 95 mph

On 5/20/2020 at 1:54 PM, Lacassem said:

@Lacassem the guys at TXG produce some great content. That heel stomp drill is in our more progressive protocols and definitely helps with speed and the way you use the ground. 

Dont want to take to much away from the superspeed training but that video is fantastic. around the 12 minute mark that stomping of the heel really reels in his dispersion and clearly jumps that speed way up. I have a lot of these tendencies already not as much rotation but the knee and heel action is simliar but my issue is staying down where i tend to already be upright at contact thats where I lose. Anyway back to the superspeed training sorry boys.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, YKodvavi said:

@YKodvavi make are you seeing any increases with the green blue or red clubs during the step change drill?

Ok. so I am not an official tester but wanted to share my week 1 results with y'all. I feel like a weekly check-in will keep me going and won't let me quit even when I stop seeing progress.

image.thumb.png.8b665d34fa8389041397a6364314f198.png

Last Friday, I did more of a dry run to see where I stand before I start the program to set a baseline, I didn't do a warm-up and did the training at around mid-night.

The program officially started this past Monday, in the evenings with the Dynamic Warm-up, and we can see that with 3 days of training my Driver speed has increased by almost 5 MPH (ignore the Monday Driver After, as that was a misread but I couldn't get the PRGR to read the driver properly because of low light). All other speeds have more or less stayed consistent, I'm not exactly sure why, I can't find myself to break 111 MPH with the Green club in the final 3 swings, but I'm hopeful, I know I'll get there. 

Are there any tips that y'all can offer to get better results? 

On 5/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, jlukes said:

@jlukes the fade or push is a little more common due to the increase in rotational velocity of the pelvis and torso while the face has trouble squaring up. For better players this can iron itself fairly quickly. However some ball flight control drills in combo can be of help. 

Yeah definitely not equipment or lag related. More related to how I am rotating and how active my hands are. 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

@Getoffmylawn the general trend after a session will be a miss to the right. The torso and pelvis are rotating much faster and one leaves the face open. This often works itself out as you learn how the new speed feels in your body. Ball flight control type drills can benefit as well. 
The regular orange whip is more of a compliment to SuperSpeed. However we’ve seen for some that too many reps of that can slow the swing down due to its weight. It’s not built as a speed training device. You’ll see benefits on the lag sequencing and tempo sides. 

Not an MGS tester so I really don’t want to hijack the thread, but I just bought the Super Speed system last weekend, based largely on what I’m reading in this thread and the previous test thread.

Did my first Level 1 workout last night; my plan is to do it every MWF. That said, I am a little concerned about some of the feedback I’ve seen about spraying it once you actually tee it up, so I’m planning to do an Orange Whip session Tuesday and Thursday to try and preserve some tempo.

Is that a bad idea? Will Orange Whip practices in between neuter the brain reprogramming that Super Speed is trying to do? I certainly don’t go all out with the Orange Whip, I just would like to still keep it in bounds when I play while working through the Super Speed protocols. But, I also don’t want to render the protocols worthless.

Thoughts? (Again, hope this is okay to post here, don’t want to hijack anything.)

On 5/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, cnosil said:

@cnosil try wearing a glove on each hand during the training. Also you can use a completely different grip than when you actually play and still see the same results 

I started doing the protocols during last years testing and stopped due to pain in my fingers but the 2020 thread inspired me to get started again.  The big question was where to start;  I was through 19 weeks so my thought was to start protocol 3 over again but I would judge based on numbers from my first session.  Having done most wanted driver testing,  I knew my swing speed on GC Quad was generally in the 106-108 range when making a normal shot.   Took a before number and swung at 108.   Started the protocol and my initial numbers were just under where I stopped last year so I think I am starting at a good place.   

Very quickly my fingers starting hurting like they were last year.  I thought that maybe I was holding the club to tight so I loosened my grip a little which helped with the pain but will be something I continue to monitor.    

Did a driver speed test after the session and recorded a top speed of 117.   

Thanks to all the people participating in the thread to help get me motivated to get started again!

48 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

I have the same tendencies! Very upright on contact, negative attack angle doesn’t help either. Been working on it. Would love to chat offline about this sometime! Love this super speed training and can’t wait to read some more reviews on them!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

15 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@cnosil try wearing a glove on each hand during the training. Also you can use a completely different grip than when you actually play and still see the same results 

Thanks for the response.  I saw that in one of your earlier posts and switched to a ten finger grip and it was 100% better.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

Here’s some encouragement for those of you who are struggling a bit after 3 weeks. I’m 3 weeks into level 2, my second time through this stuff.

The guy in the distance is my good buddy. He and I are normally neck and neck distance wise, since I draw the ball and he fades it wind direction will often determine who’s longer.

Not today - after 1, I was longer on every hole, every time we both hit driver, sometimes by more than 25 yards.

I did have a few irons where I didn’t square it up but having been through this once I know that it’s short term. I’m trying to make it through all 72 weeks this time.

I hope SuperSpeed doesn’t mind that I’m only doing twice a week - at 63 I need more rest between protocols to achieve maximum speeds and protect my body.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD