Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

13 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Okay so first off before I get into this I want to Thank Kyle and crew at Superspeed Golf so much. They really are an amazing company and are amazing to deal with. Can't thank them enough. Second I want to apologize for not being very active the last little bit here, however I didn't recieve the sticks till this afternoon due to shipping issues in eastern Canada and Kyle was able to send out a new set to me out west where I am with family for the next while. They arrived super quick and I was able to just complete the first protocol. I am going to update my intro with a few updates as well and when I do i will post a link to it.
With all that being said I am a few weeks behind the rest of them here, but that just means I got some extra time to get amped up and see how this whole thing will work. In case anyone was wondering after day one yup 100% without question there is something to it.

Here is a breakdown of my numbers from session #1
Driver before protocol was 102MPH right about where I figured I was.
Light Dominant - 110MPH
Medium Dominant - 113 MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH
Driver after protocol - 116MPH
Top swing with light all out was 118MPH

Now a few things to note. I'm exhausted! thank goodness I did the warm up before else I would have pulled something. I am also using the older device to measure due to the other being so popular and sold out. I am hopeful to get the other one, but if not thats okay. This one seems to due the trick and I noticed very few inconsistencies in dominant swings. I did notice a few with non dominant; however I would attribute that to swing more then anything. Finally to cap off day 1 of many this is going to be fun! I will continue to do as many updates and pictures whenever possible and hope everyone can enjoy this journey. I have only 4 rounds under my belt so far this season and was a little downed with the delays to getting this. Now however its game time and have a round booked tomorrow at my favorite course ever The Rise in Vernon BC. I plan on doing a warm up with the super speed sticks and letting some drives fly!pixlr.jpeg

Sent from my rammus using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Great start with the protocol.

I love the Okanagan!!  Straight north of me, 6 hour drive.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Okay so first off before I get into this I want to Thank Kyle and crew at Superspeed Golf so much. They really are an amazing company and are amazing to deal with. Can't thank them enough. Second I want to apologize for not being very active the last little bit here, however I didn't recieve the sticks till this afternoon due to shipping issues in eastern Canada and Kyle was able to send out a new set to me out west where I am with family for the next while. They arrived super quick and I was able to just complete the first protocol. I am going to update my intro with a few updates as well and when I do i will post a link to it.
With all that being said I am a few weeks behind the rest of them here, but that just means I got some extra time to get amped up and see how this whole thing will work. In case anyone was wondering after day one yup 100% without question there is something to it.

Here is a breakdown of my numbers from session #1
Driver before protocol was 102MPH right about where I figured I was.
Light Dominant - 110MPH
Medium Dominant - 113 MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH
Driver after protocol - 116MPH
Top swing with light all out was 118MPH

Now a few things to note. I'm exhausted! thank goodness I did the warm up before else I would have pulled something. I am also using the older device to measure due to the other being so popular and sold out. I am hopeful to get the other one, but if not thats okay. This one seems to due the trick and I noticed very few inconsistencies in dominant swings. I did notice a few with non dominant; however I would attribute that to swing more then anything. Finally to cap off day 1 of many this is going to be fun! I will continue to do as many updates and pictures whenever possible and hope everyone can enjoy this journey. I have only 4 rounds under my belt so far this season and was a little downed with the delays to getting this. Now however its game time and have a round booked tomorrow at my favorite course ever The Rise in Vernon BC. I plan on doing a warm up with the super speed sticks and letting some drives fly!pixlr.jpeg.7bf22ea277e333ea3598fbcd00ad64b7.jpeg

Sent from my rammus using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Very interested to see how your numbers progress! With that high of an ending ss I think the sky will be the limit. Welcome to the party and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

3 hours ago, palvord said:

Can we talk real quick about that view from where you're staying? Holy crap that is an awesome view!

Oh, and good job with the 115 SS. Not a bad starting place. 

I know you've been slightly behind, but do you think the extra information from everyone else's experiences has been helpful getting you up to speed faster with the protocols?

I think it will in a sense for a guide line for where I can and will be in 2 and 3 weeks time. However we were told that you can't rush the program and catch up per say. Doing the protocols 3 times a week is perfect and doing then 4 or 5 times won't necessarily help gain more speed quicker.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think it will in a sense for a guide line for where I can and will be in 2 and 3 weeks time. However we were told that you can't rush the program and catch up per say. Doing the protocols 3 times a week is perfect and doing then 4 or 5 times won't necessarily help gain more speed quicker.

By the time I get rolling again we’ll likely be on the same schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

9 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

By the time I get rolling again we’ll likely be on the same schedule.

When will that be, by the way?  How's the back feeling?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Speed training is going well, but ball striking is still wonky. 

New baby arriving Sunday, meaning even less time to practice (protocols won't be an issue since they are quick and I can do them whenever). 

I'm growing concerned that this will be a lost year of golf for me if I can't practice enough to make the speed training sync up with actually hitting a ball straight. 

Definitely something to think about if you're considering diving in to speed training 

Kids...they ruin everything.

Bad joke...Congratulations!

Jokes aside, I've been there...kids are 2, 4, and 6.  A lot changes.  My advice is to build yourself a drill system and acquire the appropriate training aids to keep improving in the absence of opportunities to play and hit the range.  I've worked through a concoction of GolfTec prescribed drills that are all "dry" (no ball required), used Orange Whip, and now recently SuperSpeed.  My handicap has dropped from a 14 4 years ago to 6.5 now...it can be done.

And you probably already know this, but you'll find your short game is the hardest to keep sharp.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

New baby arriving Sunday, meaning even less time to practice (protocols won't be an issue since they are quick and I can do them whenever). 
I'm growing concerned that this will be a lost year of golf for me if I can't practice enough to make the speed training sync up with actually hitting a ball straight. 
Definitely something to think about if you're considering diving in to speed training 

Congrats on the baby - don’t sweat the ball striking - it comes back around quickly.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congrats on the new baby!!

WITB:

When will that be, by the way?  How's the back feeling?

Hoping for next week Monday. Still some tightness that I just don’t quite trust. I’m thinking rest for the remainder of the week and then Mach 3 is back on.

WITB:

Congrats on the baby! Very exciting for you!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

So even though it was only one round post first day, things felt good and had a good warm up and found a nice groove. It may be my favorite course on the planet.... lots more to play but its just a really cool fun tough experience. Can't wait to keep getting faster and seeing how I can push my golf game forward!

pixlr_20200604194907863.jpg

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

14 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

So even though it was only one round post first day, things felt good and had a good warm up and found a nice groove. It may be my favorite course on the planet.... lots more to play but its just a really cool fun tough experience. Can't wait to keep getting faster and seeing how I can push my golf game forward!

pixlr_20200604194907863.jpg

Awesome to hear that you have the sticks and that course is gorgeous 😍. I look forward to seeing your massive drives the next time we play 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Congrats on the new baby!

Week 4 , session 2 in the books and seeing some of the best results I’ve seen to date.

Slow swing speed group and a lefty.

Position 1 normal

Yellow- 96/89 green 95/93 blue 89/84

Steps - 102/92 , 90/88, 92/92

Position 3- 95/95/95 Mph

On my last 3 swings I got 95 three times so I took one more swing and hit 100mph, just to make sure it was not locked up.

I’m very much focusing on my form now on the normal swings, so I’m really impressed to see the higher speeds on the last sets.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Week 4 , session 2 in the books and seeing some of the best results I’ve seen to date.
Slow swing speed group and a lefty.
Position 1 normal
Yellow- 96/89 green 95/93 blue 89/84
Steps - 102/92 , 90/88, 92/92
Position 3- 95/95/95 Mph

On my last 3 swings I got 95 three times so I took one more swing and hit 100mph, just to make sure it was not locked up.
I’m very much focusing on my form now on the normal swings, so I’m really impressed to see the higher speeds on the last sets.

Great results lefty. As one of the really slow lefty's in this testing group, I hope to be your stratosphere of SS shortly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Important change: I noticed as I was entering the data for this week's protocols that the initial driver swing speed I reported was the AVERAGE of the first 5 swings (96 mph), yet everything else is reported as max, so the Google sheet and my signature have been updated to reflect MAX of those first 5 swings (102 mph).

Week 4 is done. I find myself getting a little frustrated with the lack of change in much of anything over the last couple weeks (and my driver speeds declined somewhat this week). I know this is not unexpected but there are times the sound of the club or stick ripping through air tells me to expect a good number, then I look at the radar and see the same damn number, over and over. Here is a chart to illustrate my point....

image.png.cb4e0c93ec750e806d433fe7efa98a6c.png

I've pretty much been stuck at 120 with the green stick since the 3rd session.

I'm going to keep plugging away and trust the process.

As far as on the course, I've already documented that I am hitting things to the high end of my Arccos smart distance consistently and I think I mostly have a handle on the number of high flares to the right I was hitting, but I am inconsistent enough that it may change from week-to-week (or hole-to-hole).

To be continued....

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

@SuperSpeed Golf I know I’m not one of the official testers, but I’m wrapping up week 2 of the 2nd protocol and I have a bit of soreness in my right wrist. On some swings I feel a dull pressure in thumb side of my wrist. R.I.C.E. helps, but any thoughts on what might be causing that?

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

On 6/5/2020 at 6:15 AM, jlukes said:

Massive congrats for the new arrival dude 😍

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

12 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Important change: I noticed as I was entering the data for this week's protocols that the initial driver swing speed I reported was the AVERAGE of the first 5 swings (96 mph), yet everything else is reported as max, so the Google sheet and my signature have been updated to reflect MAX of those first 5 swings (102 mph).

Week 4 is done. I find myself getting a little frustrated with the lack of change in much of anything over the last couple weeks (and my driver speeds declined somewhat this week). I know this is not unexpected but there are times the sound of the club or stick ripping through air tells me to expect a good number, then I look at the radar and see the same damn number, over and over. Here is a chart to illustrate my point....

As far as on the course, I've already documented that I am hitting things to the high end of my Arccos smart distance consistently and I think I mostly have a handle on the number of high flares to the right I was hitting, but I am inconsistent enough that it may change from week-to-week (or hole-to-hole).

To be continued....

That graph really does look like a plateau 😲. i'm sure that a big jump is coming real soon for you.

To be continued....
O you're in a good spot there. You will see a jump soon. I have found doing this off and on over the past 2+ years that a lot of my right handed jumps come after I see a slight increase in the left handed swings.

[mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] I know I’m not one of the official testers, but I’m wrapping up week 2 of the 2nd protocol and I have a bit of soreness in my right wrist. On some swings I feel a dull pressure in thumb side of my wrist. R.I.C.E. helps, but any thoughts on what might be causing that?

First off one thing I have always seen suggested is to take a little time off when you start getting pains. Wrist injuries are some of the most common in golf so it could be a multitude of things. I will say thumb side wrist is a very fragile area so I would 100% be careful.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:56 PM, jlukes said:

Yup! Boy #2! 

And appreciate the feedback, Shanks. I know it's easy to focus on the positive of items one is reviewing, but I want to make it tangible to everyone. People should know the good, the bad and the ugly and be able to translate my experience into their own life. 

The speed is real, but so are the side effects. Being able to work through everything is part of the program. What good is 10 more yards of it means 3 or 4 more lost balls per round. 

@jlukes often we can help trouble shoot this with those using SuperSpeed. As mentioned before this is the most common in the first level. If possible could you email us a mid iron and a driver video from down the line and face on? As well as include info on what you see normally versus now ball striking wise? [email protected]

thanks! 

On 6/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, Jbmullin said:

I changed up my schedule to wed/fri/Sunday just due to work and other commitments. I usually golf Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.

Anyway start of week 4 for me tonight in the slow swing bracket. (Also a lefty)
Top speed of the night came on the 3rd stage of swings with the yellow or super lite shaft , after the step swings. Topped out at 96mph, considering I am/was in the 80-85mph range I am happy to see the 10 mph gain.

I am surprised by some of the numbers i am seeing and not sure how to interpret it, Blue or medium weight is my heaviest stick and I was 89/89 so same top speed from left side as right side. Had the exact same results on the step swings with the medium shaft.

I am actually not seeing a lot of variation on the step swings from either side using any of the sticks, the super lite one had the biggest difference 94mph-89mph.

I feel like I am seeing some benefits from this system already, I played last night and hit 3 out of 9 drives over 235 , with my longest of the season in there at 253, hit a bit of a draw (not intentional) and it just went. Hit one 3w last night 231 yards on a par 5 putting me a short chip in and a birdie putt.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@Jbmullin great to hear! For most people the step change drill should produce a higher speed than regular standing swings. A few things to check.

1. make sure you are timing the step where the lead leg is moving before you reach the top of your backswing

2. really stomp the ground with the lead foot. Make a sound when it lands.

13 hours ago, zrumble said:

@SuperSpeed Golf I know I’m not one of the official testers, but I’m wrapping up week 2 of the 2nd protocol and I have a bit of soreness in my right wrist. On some swings I feel a dull pressure in thumb side of my wrist. R.I.C.E. helps, but any thoughts on what might be causing that?

@zrumble do you notice it on more on dominant versus non dominant swings? 
you don’t have to use your normal grip during the speed training. Can try interlock overlap or ten finger. Whichever feels best.

2 hours ago, tchat07 said:

First off one thing I have always seen suggested is to take a little time off when you start getting pains. Wrist injuries are some of the most common in golf so it could be a multitude of things. I will say thumb side wrist is a very fragile area so I would 100% be careful.

Completely agree! I just wanted to ask to see if there is a flaw or technique issue that commonly leads to this pain when trying to go fast. 

40 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@zrumble do you notice it on more on dominant versus non dominant swings? 
you don’t have to use your normal grip during the speed training. Can try interlock overlap or ten finger. Whichever feels best.

I only notice it on dominant swings (I’m right handed), and typically use overlap with a glove only on my left hand. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Would love to hear more about what my fellow testers are seeing on the course. 

I personally haven’t had the chance to hit a ball or play since March 10th... who knows.

WITB: