TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

I know I've already posted about this,  but I'm envious of you guys with the monitors. 
There is ZERO chance I won't stay with it, but I'm looking forward to the "eureka" moment on the course.  I am at least not seeing the wayward shots that others have warned about either, and I'm certain I'm going all out in the workouts.  (Knock on wood, playing today...)
Just to baseline expectations, the text from the MGS write-up concerning the jumps and plateaus reads "You'll need to train with SuperSpeed three times a week for six to eight weeks before any kind of lasting improvement can take hold."  And "Once the normalization kicks in, Superspeed says users will generally see a plateau in their swing speeds.  That plateau can last anywhere from 60 to 90 days before another three to five percent jump takes place..."
Is that generally consistent with what everyone is seeing?

superspeed_chart1_fix3.jpg.94348db488dc8ad602a451edad9bd16e.jpg

Yes and if you aren’t using some sort of speed measuring device it will be difficult to maximize your potential. I’ve learned that my fastest swings aren’t always or even often the ones that I think they are. I suspect that you’ll find the true of most people.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm assuming that chart is generated by averaging a whole bunch of users. Because of the "noise" in my data, it's hard to say, but I'm getting close to reaching the before=after plateau.
image.png.13dd21854387126d0d356152905fda3b.png

Yup seen that plenty of times before, itll come and go but once you get the next jump you'll be hooked. Honestly though for anyone just look to@revkev his entire body of work and what he has accomplished says it all for me. If I could add that much to my swing speed I would be through the roof!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 6/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, revkev said:

The Distanza is 44 grams but I’ve switched to a Fujikura Motore that is 56 grams 106 on the red, 113 blue, 117-122 green.

Why am I struggling with the step through? Best I can do green is 114? First time around that was my fastest drill.

Thanks

@revkev you’re almost right in between adding the yellow or not but based on how fast you’re swinging the red compared to your driver we would recommend staying with the green, blue, red set. 

A couple troubleshooting tips for the step change. 
1. Swing the club slightly forward towards the target before you hen move it into the backswing

2. start the step just before you get to the top of the backswing

3. make sure the lead foot doesn’t step too far out. Should replant where it would be for a normal driver set up.

4. try to plant the foot more down into the turf/ground making a noise. Often times the plant is too soft or slides laterally instead of down

On 6/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, okitoki said:

Hi all, just joined to see how everyone is doing

Just started  my program this morning, and was wondering if the first day "big bump" everyone is experience is generally for everyone, or did some people not see a instant increase?

my average before session was at 102mph with 103 the highest, while after the session, it was at 102.5mph average but with a highest at 107.

Normal? or am i expecting a miracle? 😄

thanks

@okitoki that’s a 4 mph jump which is pretty close to average. You’ll then start noticing as the sessions progress your starting speeds increase but ending speeds don’t jump as much. This is the plateau phase. Then you’ll move into the Level 2 trianing. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Okay, but then why two sessions a week versus three? 

I'm just trying to make sure there aren't overuse/fatigue issues associated with this program.  I'm excited to do it (10 minutes from going to do a session), but I don't want to get injured and miss actual rounds because of it.

@Getoffmylawn the biggest injury risk is if someone stops taking that day off in between, does the protocols without warming up, or starts to overtrain.

we have some competitive players for example on the pga tour who drop it down to one or two times a weeks on tournament weeks due to the physical and mental demands of a tour event and travel. 
Most amateurs do great with the 3x a week. 2x a week can work more for maintenance but you may not see the big gains with the level. 

On 6/9/2020 at 7:02 AM, tony@CIC said:

A question for the @SuperSpeed Golf and  '18 SS testers: i just started week five and seem to have plateaued. Is this typical? Granted I made gains from week 1, but the numbers from the end of week 3 along with week 4 and yesterday's week 5/day1 are incremental at best. I'm following the protocols on warm-up and swinging as hard as I can but can't seem to move the needle very much. On the other hand the numbers from week 1 are definitely breakthrough, and on the course.as well. In fact yesterday I hit my 22* hybrid 178 yds. That's 20 yds longer than I have on my distance charts to I'm pretty pleased with overall progress. 

Perhaps my expectations are too high or I'm too impatient? @SuperSpeed Golf and '18 testers, your thoughts. 

@tony@CIC very common here to see this towards the end of level 1. Keep up the good work and finish out the first protocol and then you should start to see another jump moving into level two. 

For everyone on the forum, we just did a webinar this week about Best Practices for Speed Training. Many of you have already heard these tips but it could be a good refresher or helpful for those starting out.

10 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@okitoki that’s a 4 mph jump which is pretty close to average. You’ll then start noticing as the sessions progress your starting speeds increase but ending speeds don’t jump as much. This is the plateau phase. Then you’ll move into the Level 2 trianing. 

Thank you for the reply; will keep an eye on how I progress

Had my 2nd session today; condition of the body is a little sore as my butts were kind of sore (haha) after the first session, and also back playing squash with the wife over the last 2 nights so the arms and shoulder is also slightly sore and stiff before the start of the session. another word, I am not 100% ... (more 60% 😄 )

this can be seen with my pre session ss at 100mph which was slower than #1. 

But have noticed general increase in SS for all 3 weights with only 2 weight came down a little

So far, I see a increase in Maximum SS of 7mph and Average SS increase of 2.8mph ; hopefully this increase is consistent over the next few early session 🙂 

Driver Ping G410 9* - Tour Stiff shaft
Fairway PING G400 SFT 3 Wood
Hybrids TM M4 3 Hybrid TM M2 4 Hybrid
Irons Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-GW Recoil 95 F3 set to 1.5 flat
Wedges  RTX 56* 10  Callaway MD5 60* 10
Putter Evnroll ER-5 32.5"

Superspeed Training Progress 102mph baseline

@SuperSpeed thanks for answering our questions and the reminder about how to perform the step change properly.

That was a key drill for me in picking up speed the first time around. I can’t wait to do my drills tomorrow and see if it doesn’t pop then. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

@SuperSpeed thanks for answering our questions and the reminder about how to perform the step change properly.

That was a key drill for me in picking up speed the first time around. I can’t wait to do my drills tomorrow and see if it doesn’t pop then. 🙂

This.  So impressed with how involved SuperSpeed is.

Played yesterday and saw the wildness some of you have talked about...sprayed it all over the place.  Not overly concerned thanks to this group, about to go finish week 3...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 6/10/2020 at 9:32 AM, okitoki said:

Is there any benefit/harm of doing the program on a daily basis?  

@okitoki we almost every time see training in consecutive days make the person actually slower that second session. Neurological fatigue often isn’t felt like a general workout soreness. 

@Jbmullin and others, club fitting is a huge opportunity to dial in speed and launch conditions. There are lots of myths surrounding club fitting. Our favorite resource is the mygolflab.ca

We did a webinar with them recently that had a lot of good feedback. One big point is that shorter shafts may not always provide more accuracy and longer shafts may not provide less accuracy. Shaft weight is talked about. 

https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news/webinar-8-how-new-speed-gains-affect-club-fitting

Hey just wanted to tell every to keep it up! Even when you're aren't seeing the immediate results or your jumps aren't as big as you'd like in the first protocol.  Remember this more about retraining your neural pathways in your brain to allow for your body to move faster.  The coolest part about this training is that over time the new speed becomes "normalized" in your brain, thus allowing you're "easy swing" to actually be what your top speed swing would have been in the past.  This is the same science being used with pitchers to train them to throw harder and sprinters to run faster.  Just wanted to send out some encouragement to all of you and to remember to rest! Rest is just as important as training! Swing fast...not hard!

Peace be with you all! 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

[mention=77450]Jbmullin[/mention] and others, club fitting is a huge opportunity to dial in speed and launch conditions. There are lots of myths surrounding club fitting. Our favorite resource is the mygolflab.ca
We did a webinar with them recently that had a lot of good feedback. One big point is that shorter shafts may not always provide more accuracy and longer shafts may not provide less accuracy. Shaft weight is talked about. 

https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news/webinar-8-how-new-speed-gains-affect-club-fitting

I just got back from the fitter and basically traded in the mavrik max for store credit and keeping the sim 10.5 with Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60. Tired a few different shafts in the mavrik and it was spraying everywhere. Played 9 holes this morning and 4 out the 7 driver holes I hit 236/245/247/253 yards with the sim. It’s a complete 180 from my past TM equipment experience.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Just finished up session 2 for week 5... I think. Seeing a lot of the same results .. getting the yellow up over 100 mph on the stomp/step through swing. Consistently hitting over 95 mph on the final set of swings . All in all excited about the progress I’m seeing.

One more week then on to the next stage. Looking forward to seeing if the breaks the stall I’ve found myself sorta in.

Please feel free to ask any questions about my experience, really want to be sure their is value in this.

It’s been a few weeks since my last lesson and my instructor noticed right away I’m hitting the ball further across the board.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

1 hour ago, Deadskins said:

Really impressed with support and answers to dumb questions.

Come on bro... no need for that.

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Moving on - shot 37 today on a tough course. Had a career drive despite 5 inches of rain this week.

I’m posting that her as an encouragement for those struggling with their swings as they work through the process.

It will come and go a few times but you will find better ball strike to be a delightful side effect of your training,

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Finally got a chance to play today. First, I haven’t played or hit a ball since March 10th. Much like others, I couldn’t find the club face to save my life for the majority of the round. I was hitting low on the face with driver, topped a few three woods off the tee, and hit off the toe of the driver a few times. I did hit a few bombs (I usually hit bombs on this course due to low cut fairways that actually run). One went 335 on a par 4 and the other carried 290 into the face of a grass bunker on a 310yd par 4 (hit it to 2’ for birdie). There were two 280yd three woods as well. I did airmail the first green with a lob wedge lol.

I am hesitant to blame the lack of accuracy on the SuperSpeed training and focus more of it on the 3 month layoff. Can’t expect much when you have that much time between practice.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

16 hours ago, revkev said:

Moving on - shot 37 today on a tough course. Had a career drive despite 5 inches of rain this week.

I’m posting that her as an encouragement for those struggling with their swings as they work through the process.

It will come and go a few times but you will find better ball strike to be a delightful side effect of your training,

Nice man, I've found too that my iron striking has really improved since I started with the training.  Good to see you're having he same improvements I've seen in my training!

Just got back into these a 2 weeks ago when I got the SC200+ (review soon) and it's surprising how much gains you can see quickly. I got the green up to 136(barefoot) yesterday and the first session Max with green was 129. I need to get on the range this week and see what I can swing green, driver, and driver with ball before and after the protocol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

The speed dips due to having a newborn at home are real 😂😂

BTW, congrats on the new baby;  hope everyone is doing well. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Finished my final week 2 session tonight. Spent most of the day doing manual labor outside in the Texas heat and couldn’t get the training in until evening.

A question I have for my fellow testers and @SuperSpeed : I’m noticing that my normal swings are faster than my step change swings.

Does this mean that my kinematic sequence is already really good? I can’t imagine why my step change wouldn’t be faster.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Finished my final week 2 session tonight. Spent most of the day doing manual labor outside in the Texas heat and couldn’t get the training in until evening.

A question I have for my fellow testers and @SuperSpeed : I’m noticing that my normal swings are faster than my step change swings.

Does this mean that my kinematic sequence is already really good? I can’t imagine why my step change wouldn’t be faster.

SuperSpeed answered this same question for me back in box 603, last page. They were pretty convinced that the issue was my steps change sequencing. I can’t speak to you but general I figure when something is off it’s because I’m doing something wrong so I suspect they’re right.

In your case though it could’ve guarding against reinjury, too.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

9 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

My normal swings were faster initially, but my step change swings have caught up also my non-dominant swings. Not sure what that means - but the non-dominant swings are still quite awkward. 

Also wrapping up week 5, my numbers are a bit lower than previous weeks. Still a major improvement over week 1, my speed gains from week 1 are a 15% increase and my wife's are 14%.  Looking forward to week 6 and what the numbers will bring. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14RC4dYeFJYGrDQF8Y9VSTI3-8RH8xk70P5sj-vC65t8/edit?usp=sharing

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart