Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

1 hour ago, jtpeele said:

What’s the fastest swing you guys have recorded or seen yet?

I have hit 138mph with the green stick (normal stance dominant side).

From the Google sheet, looks like several have hit 131 with the green multiple times as well.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Finished my final week 2 session tonight. Spent most of the day doing manual labor outside in the Texas heat and couldn’t get the training in until evening.

A question I have for my fellow testers and @SuperSpeed : I’m noticing that my normal swings are faster than my step change swings.

Does this mean that my kinematic sequence is already really good? I can’t imagine why my step change wouldn’t be faster.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve had the issue too at times. It’s mostly likely just a timing thing. Without actually seeing your swing I’d guess you’re stepping too soon. Think baseball swing. Plus looks like you already have plenty of speed so I’m sure you’ll be just fine!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

In case anyone was curious, here is mine number from doing the training on my own started in March and took a week off in between the two protocols. But as you see this stuff works! The driver swings were only recorded with hitting a ball. On dry swing after the protocol I’ve hit 120! But I’ve gone from 95-98 with ball to 107!! Looking to get up to 110 for my baseline. Thanks @SuperSpeed

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.d867764fc96cf496518980a09d36d380.JPG

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Level 1 Week 2 review video is now live on my YouTube channel!

WITB:

Welcome back!
I had a very good fast workout after church today 117 regular and step change blue, 109 red, 109, 109, 107 dry driver at the end - while I have gotten a few swings faster than that it’s easily the most consistent three swings and one of the 109’s was my normal driver swing as fast as I could.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I have hit 138mph with the green stick (normal stance dominant side).

From the Google sheet, looks like several have hit 131 with the green multiple times as well.

I did the workout once with MALyons31 and got 141 with the green stick.  Just interested in how most of you guys were coming along?! Marks distances on all of his clubs has increased like crazy! Seems like a legit workout! 

Tell your grandkids about this shot! 

Had my 3rd session today

Lesson for the day:

- make sure I have a good night sleep before, and waking up early so not to rush to the range

- Must do the Dynamic warm up completely first to avoid injury. Managed to tweaked my left side of my neck

- Stick with carpet range for me.  I find that I seem to shift a lot on the soft wet ground (heavy rain during the weekend) and may have contributed to tweaking my neck from balancing and lack of grip 

So, with the sore neck, the swing speed pretty much decreased across the board.  On the positive, the pre session Max SS seem to have improved a little

now to take some tablets and ice my neck. 😞 

Driver Ping G410 9* - Tour Stiff shaft
Fairway PING G400 SFT 3 Wood
Hybrids TM M4 3 Hybrid TM M2 4 Hybrid
Irons Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-GW Recoil 95 F3 set to 1.5 flat
Wedges  RTX 56* 10  Callaway MD5 60* 10
Putter Evnroll ER-5 32.5"

Superspeed Training Progress 102mph baseline

I hit 106 mph on my last set of swings with the yellow stick after doing the stomp swings

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

123 with the green and 118 with the blue is my tops but I’m also closing in on the age of a famous Beatles song a I’d love to hug 125 by then. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 6/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, jtpeele said:

I’ve seen a guy swing the green stick 141 😳😄

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

I posted before that my driver got a little crazy there in week 3 and 4, but fortunately in week 5 I have worked though it and im hitting it great again.

Also, while maintaining my normal "before" swing speed of around 100 mph, I have noticed I have seen a little bit of a decrease in max swing speeds in weeks 3, 4, and 5 from weeks 1 and 2. Im not sure if its because I have been out of the gym because of COVID or what, but it did decrease a tad. Although, I am still seeing a good rise in my "after" swing speed at the end of each regiment, usually in the area on 110 mph. Still very happy about that.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

1 hour ago, MALyons31 said:

I posted before that my driver got a little crazy there in week 3 and 4, but fortunately in week 5 I have worked though it and im hitting it great again.

Also, while maintaining my normal "before" swing speed of around 100 mph, I have noticed I have seen a little bit of a decrease in max swing speeds in weeks 3, 4, and 5 from weeks 1 and 2. Im not sure if its because I have been out of the gym because of COVID or what, but it did decrease a tad. Although, I am still seeing a good rise in my "after" swing speed at the end of each regiment, usually in the area on 110 mph. Still very happy about that.

I had a dip in my "after" driver speed for weeks 3 and 4, but "before" speed was creeping up to about the same as "after" during that time. Then last week they started climbing a little bit together, with both of them peaking at 114 on Saturday.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 6/13/2020 at 9:52 PM, ChasingScratch said:

Finished my final week 2 session tonight. Spent most of the day doing manual labor outside in the Texas heat and couldn’t get the training in until evening.

A question I have for my fellow testers and @SuperSpeed : I’m noticing that my normal swings are faster than my step change swings.

Does this mean that my kinematic sequence is already really good? I can’t imagine why my step change wouldn’t be faster.

@ChasingScratch for most people it is faster but you could be more efficient already with sequencing or the way you use the ground. This is why we begin to add and remove positions as the protocols progress so we are covering other areas as well. That helps the protocols work for a large number of players versus if they just did the level 1 over and over. 

make sure to review the tips we gave @revkev a few posts ago on the step change though. 

Just finished Level 1 - Week 3 session 1. I think I’ve got to try and find a way to do the trainings earlier in the day like I was before. These late evening sessions have me with little energy.

I was hitting 9-12mph slower with every stick and drill. What was interesting about tonight though was that the PRGR was reading ball data on about 80% of the swings. I obviously wasn’t hitting any balls.

WITB:

Day late posting the videos but week 5 is up on my channel.

Not a great session yesterday. Raining sideways so took it inside and the monitor seemed to glitch out. Missed a lot of swings.

Got a couple up to mid 90’s but overall kinda disappointing

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Was going to a fitting session last night, and used some anti inflammation creams on the neck after the morning ss session, so I thought I have a few hits down at the range as a warm up before the fitting.  

Working on the timing of the left foot roll on the back swing and seem to have reasonable good result.

Averaging 107mph and had a good finish on the last ball.  Pity the launch monitor wasnt working, but they look pretty much on target 

During the fitting session, it has noted my release on the downswing was still too early so there is still potential to improve on the speed. Alignment of the feet was also pretty open so after adjusting for it, my swing path was pretty close to 0 so was happy with that too. 😄 

20200615_183803_resized.jpg

Driver Ping G410 9* - Tour Stiff shaft
Fairway PING G400 SFT 3 Wood
Hybrids TM M4 3 Hybrid TM M2 4 Hybrid
Irons Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-GW Recoil 95 F3 set to 1.5 flat
Wedges  RTX 56* 10  Callaway MD5 60* 10
Putter Evnroll ER-5 32.5"

Superspeed Training Progress 102mph baseline

Hey All -

I popped onto the 2018 thread a couple of weeks ago (I jumped in as an unofficial participant) and found out there's a class of 2020 session going on, which helped inspire me to get back on the stick (so to speak).  After a few maintenance type sessions the past two weeks, I decided to get serious and re-start from the beginning.  Like some of the others here from the 2018 group, I completely got away from SS last summer, but restarted in October and quickly got to where I was when I left off.  Also changed jobs, and had to travel frequently, so that died off by the end of the year.  With the lockdown and bad weather this spring, I was basically a slug from March until mid May, but have gotten my act together the past few weeks just a bit, and plan to visit here to get some momentum going from seeing your progress as well.  Back in Nov when I was able to get to the gym and do the protocols, I was topping out at on the green stick 118, 119; yesterday my max was 106, but based on past experience, expect to get back up there fairly quickly.  

Massachusetts has been slower than just about anyone in easing the lockdowns, hoping the gyms will open on 6/28, that will help.  Been able to play golf the past 4 weekends, lost a bit of distance (iow, speed) over the winter, but it's starting to come back.  Being still pretty much a golf novice, I have plenty to work on in addition to gaining speed, but what I noticed most last spring after my first experience working through the protocols was that it helped me a lot in understanding what a good swing felt like and gave me confidence in just swinging harder - I was all over the place anyway, so I decided not to worry about any additional wildness, and found that my control got a bit better.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress & experience.

Looks like a rainy week may keep me from doing protocols; no place inside to swing the sticks. Hoping that there are a couple of breaks so I can run outside.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Deadskins said:

Anybody take a week or so off to relax sore back muscles?

I have not. Early on, I could feel some tightness/dull pain in my lower back (it's been a bit of a chronic issue for a few years). I continued on and the combination of dynamic warm-up and the training program have all but eliminated the discomfort. My back hasn't felt this good in loooong time.

Obviously you have to listen to your body and do what you think is best, but consistency and sticking with the program, even on tired/sore days is important. At least that's my understanding. I would hate for you to try to soldier on, only to get injured, so do what you think is best, even if that means delaying the results a bit.

Perhaps @ChasingScratch could chime in since he is just coming off a delay due to back issues and @SuperSpeed Golf might have some recommendations, too.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, ChasingScratch said:

Level 1 Week 2 review video is now live on my YouTube channel!

@ChasingScratch appreciate you posting all this! Before getting into this post want to preface by saying we designed these protocols so that everyone could get benefit. Obviously we all have unique swing characteristics and areas where we could be leaking speed. We love to help SuperSpeed users troubleshoot when they may hit a road block as the goal is to get the most out of the training for the effort put in.

A couple items to note for Tony here due to his fantastic video. You get a lot of lateral motion and leg/knee drive on both sides but especially on that dominant side. If we put you on a force plate we would most likely see you try to produce your power more from lateral or torque type forces. The step change promotes this as well which is why you may not actually be as fast on that drill versus the standing. In our level 4 training we introduce a heel stomp drill which works more on vertical force production. (Think pushing down into the ground and then that energy driving back up) Due to your swing characteristics this may be of more benefit than the step change so as you complete level 1 let’s look into adding that instead of the step change in level 2. 

As far as the knee drive, often golfers do this due to limited internal or external hip rotation. If you could go ahead and check that here and let us know.

https://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/slide_v2

Note-don’t want everyone to get bogged down or worry too much about mechanics during the training but in the case it could help these two areas.

Finally, the step change in the dominant side had the lead foot planting too wide. It’s looks like it’s getting better but keep an eye on that.

The good news: I remembered to take the radar to league tonight.

The bad news: it never left the storage bag in my push cart.

Totally forgot it was there until I was putting everything in my car. So I grabbed a couple junk balls from my bag (including the one from my round today, but you'll have to check out the How'd you play thread to see why) and walked over to the range for a couple swings.

106 and 107 on those two swings feeling totally in control with good ball flight.

11 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Hey All -

I popped onto the 2018 thread a couple of weeks ago (I jumped in as an unofficial participant) and found out there's a class of 2020 session going on, which helped inspire me to get back on the stick (so to speak).  After a few maintenance type sessions the past two weeks, I decided to get serious and re-start from the beginning.  Like some of the others here from the 2018 group, I completely got away from SS last summer, but restarted in October and quickly got to where I was when I left off.  Also changed jobs, and had to travel frequently, so that died off by the end of the year.  With the lockdown and bad weather this spring, I was basically a slug from March until mid May, but have gotten my act together the past few weeks just a bit, and plan to visit here to get some momentum going from seeing your progress as well.  Back in Nov when I was able to get to the gym and do the protocols, I was topping out at on the green stick 118, 119; yesterday my max was 106, but based on past experience, expect to get back up there fairly quickly.  

Massachusetts has been slower than just about anyone in easing the lockdowns, hoping the gyms will open on 6/28, that will help.  Been able to play golf the past 4 weekends, lost a bit of distance (iow, speed) over the winter, but it's starting to come back.  Being still pretty much a golf novice, I have plenty to work on in addition to gaining speed, but what I noticed most last spring after my first experience working through the protocols was that it helped me a lot in understanding what a good swing felt like and gave me confidence in just swinging harder - I was all over the place anyway, so I decided not to worry about any additional wildness, and found that my control got a bit better.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress & experience.

First of all, it's good to see you back on here Mike! You'll definitely be back to speed in no time, it's amazing how quick I got back up to level 3 speed once I restarted. Last, but not least, the guys on here are doing an amazing job and are putting out some good information. If you haven't watched them, the videos from @ChasingScratch are great! 

[mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] appreciate you posting all this! Before getting into this post want to preface by saying we designed these protocols so that everyone could get benefit. Obviously we all have unique swing characteristics and areas where we could be leaking speed. We love to help SuperSpeed users troubleshoot when they may hit a road block as the goal is to get the most out of the training for the effort put in.

A couple items to note for Tony here due to his fantastic video. You get a lot of lateral motion and leg/knee drive on both sides but especially on that dominant side. If we put you on a force plate we would most likely see you try to produce your power more from lateral or torque type forces. The step change promotes this as well which is why you may not actually be as fast on that drill versus the standing. In our level 4 training we introduce a heel stomp drill which works more on vertical force production. (Think pushing down into the ground and then that energy driving back up) Due to your swing characteristics this may be of more benefit than the step change so as you complete level 1 let’s look into adding that instead of the step change in level 2. 

As far as the knee drive, often golfers do this due to limited internal or external hip rotation. If you could go ahead and check that here and let us know.

https://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/slide_v2

Note-don’t want everyone to get bogged down or worry too much about mechanics during the training but in the case it could help these two areas.

Finally, the step change in the dominant side had the lead foot planting too wide. It’s looks like it’s getting better but keep an eye on that.

I definitely have fought sliding all my life.
I push off my back leg very hard in my golf swing.

I’ll look into the TPI stuff as well. I appreciate it!

WITB:

Anybody take a week or so off to relax sore back muscles?

I had to take 2.5 weeks off due to a lower back strain. Don’t think it was a SuperSpeed protocol fault per se, I was just stupid and was working out too hard and too often plus doing SuperSpeed.

Don’t be like me. Lol

WITB:

27 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Swing seemed a bit better on the course yesterday and the extra speed definitely showed up a few times with 4 drives that topped 300 yards with my furthest being 322.

wow, you're a beast, whats your driver SS now and previously?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 6/15/2020 at 9:20 PM, ChasingScratch said:

What was interesting about tonight though was that the PRGR was reading ball data on about 80% of the swings. I obviously wasn’t hitting any balls.

Occasionally I'll get a reading that shows ball speed  - maybe once every 2 sessions. Also I'm not sure if I posted this before, I put the PRGR next to my SC200 on the range and there was minimal difference between the numbers.

Week 5, Day 1 completed yesterday. .Not much of an improvement with dominant hand swings, non-dominant has definitely caught up.  Also last night I ran out quickly and played , as I also reported previously, I'm already getting distance improvements on the course. I'm going to have to start documenting the numbers.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart