TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

23 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@ChasingScratch

As far as the knee drive, often golfers do this due to limited internal or external hip rotation. If you could go ahead and check that here and let us know.

https://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/slide_v2

Note-don’t want everyone to get bogged down or worry too much about mechanics during the training but in the case it could help these two areas.

Finally, the step change in the dominant side had the lead foot planting too wide. It’s looks like it’s getting better but keep an eye on that.

I checked the test from the TPI link and my hip rotation seems to be fine (at least 40*).  

I agree on the step-change dominant, too wide of a step.

I think I just push off too hard with the back leg.  I'll work on more vertical forces today in my training session to see if that helps.  One positive of a slide is that I've never had any trouble flighting the ball down in trajectory when needed! lol

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out to us on the forum and answering our questions.  You guys are top-notch!

Edited by ChasingScratch

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

@SuperSpeed Golf here is what I’m understanding from your feedback. Let me know if this is a better understanding my of what I should be doing with the lower body in the downswing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

First of all, it's good to see you back on here Mike! You'll definitely be back to speed in no time, it's amazing how quick I got back up to level 3 speed once I restarted. Last, but not least, the guys on here are doing an amazing job and are putting out some good information. If you haven't watched them, the videos from @ChasingScratch are great! 

Thanks @sirchunksalot!  Good to be back - it definitely will keep my on track seeing what everyone else is doing.  I did check out the videos @ChasingScratch posted, very cool.  helpful to me, because I never felt quite right doing the step change and thanks to that video and SSGolf's reply, I realize I've been stepping out to far and putting my foot down too softly.  

Well had a nice jump today - lefty but lefty has now caught up to where it should be - just a mph behind righty - it had been lagging behind until today.

How long does it generally take to catch up? Again, sorry to keep rehashing, I’m doing this without the radar, but my lefty swings just feel very...clumsy...in addition to slow.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

How long does it generally take to catch up? Again, sorry to keep rehashing, I’m doing this without the radar, but my lefty swings just feel very...clumsy...in addition to slow.

My lefties are getting better, but they do still feel very awkward. But I mean think of how long it takes to become skilled at dominant side swings lol.

WITB:

Good set of swings today. Felt really good not setting any records but feeling good.
Got the super light over a 100 mph.
Golfing Friday morning at 7am, going to take the monitor with me for the round and see what I’m getting on the course.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Occasionally I'll get a reading that shows ball speed  - maybe once every 2 sessions. Also I'm not sure if I posted this before, I put the PRGR next to my SC200 on the range and there was minimal difference between the numbers.

Week 5, Day 1 completed yesterday. .Not much of an improvement with dominant hand swings, non-dominant has definitely caught up.  Also last night I ran out quickly and played , as I also reported previously, I'm already getting distance improvements on the course. I'm going to have to start documenting the numbers.  

@tony@CIC glad to you posted about testing the PRGR launch monitor versus the swing caddie unit. We have lots of launch monitors including the top end ones and the PRGR is surprisingly accurate for such a low price point. The Swing Caddie SC 200+ model actually measures speed without hitting a ball for anyone out there that owns that version. The other two swing caddie models do not though. 

12 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

@SuperSpeed Golf here is what I’m understanding from your feedback. Let me know if this is a better understanding my of what I should be doing with the lower body in the downswing.

@ChasingScratch yes perfect explanation! Definitely think when we add the heel stomp it will further this point for you. For now pick the lead up more off the ground and then plant it down more vertically for the step change. Also watch the stride length on your non dominant side as well.

Here is a little more video detail on the heel stomp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zj2dfd6s4d7ub9/2 L3.6 Heel Stomp Applications.mp4?dl=0

Wanted to share this recent article from Ping. It talks about how curvature of ball flight off the tee impacts distance. Some good information in here to think about when considering accuracy versus distance.

https://ping.com/en-us/blogs/proving-grounds/demand-to-curve-it-less

It is probably based on a persons coordination and ability. I am a few weeks into level 3 and I am now seeing leftY swings with all clubs Being basically equal to dominant handed.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

This has plagued me for years as well, I was just getting on top of it when the old hip gave out. Hope fully I won't have this issue anymore 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Want to apologise for being a little late with the update.

We just finished doing a little drive hehe

Screenshot_20200617_121001.jpg.e61161747e834b9aec29e8ff3a57f7fb.jpgI'll have a full recap up tomorrow of the week. A down week to say the least, had a ton going on and well very little sleep along with many other things, however I got all the protocols completed and we are onto week #3 with some high expectations.

IMG_20200611_155812.jpg.18c41d8f97164abd7ffe13b0ac68a4db.jpg A little golf in there too which was fun and although the speeds weren't quite as quick I have noticed more balanced and feel more stable.

IMG_20200611_164638.jpg.3b417ad5cbc5d2127b6287f748ec17a2.jpgEspecially with off handed swings, so take the good with the great and still seeing overall progress so really am happy overall. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m starting to feel the lower back left side tightness increasing... maybe I have a massive swing flaw that is hurting me.

WITB:

I’m starting to feel the lower back left side tightness increasing... maybe I have a massive swing flaw that is hurting me.

It’s probably just your previous injury flaring up. Start a mobility regiment and take a few days to really just stretch. If you can see a PT to test your overall mobility and strength to find your deficiency. It’s more likely a breakdown in your kinetic chain rather than a swing deficiency. Stress (this protocol) is just revealing a weakness somewhere.

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

This is why you really need a speed measuring device. I’m sure that all of us have experienced swings that “felt” great only to look down at our devices and been shocked to see that they were quite ordinary. Also we’ve had swings that didn’t seem great which produced top speeds.

Additionally knowing the speed of your last swing for real will push you to go faster.

I know it’s tempting to want to save money but what’s $100 more when you’ve already invested $200 and way more than that in time?

Lefty never feels as good as righty but I hit 117 twice with it yesterday. It’s good to engage those opposite side muscles - my teacher loves seeing me make lefty swings o the range when I’m warming up.

I actually swing faster lefty on kneeling swings than I do righty. At least with the green and the blue sticks.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It’s happening!! Got home and decided to hit some wiffles out of the garage to work on some mechanics before my Father’s Day round this weekend and really felt quick. So I through down the radar and BOOM! SPEED BABY! I’m on the last week of the second protocol and with some easy swings and basically no warmup I was hitting the second bump!
Hope this is an encouragement for anyone experiencing a plateau/recession. I know I did.

IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2283.JPGIMG_2284.JPG

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

My lefty has never caught up. I’m not overly concerned about it. I think it’s just to keep symmetry in the body and to not over develop one side of the body. I’m pretty much screwed from years of baseball has left me fairly uneven according to my Chiropractor. There wasn’t any fancy workout coaches at Division II ball.

Last night in Men's League  (9 hole match play), it was us against the Pro Shop (head pro plus his assistant). While we took them to the cleaners 3 up for a total # of 8.5 points out of 11. more importantly, the head Pro commented on the length of my drives stating that "SuperSpeed is really working for you".  I haven't taken the LM to the range and should do that to quantify the increases not only for my driver but also for my long clubs. FYI I started the year at 22.5 and am down to 18.7. My goal is to get to 15 and Superspeed will be a bit part of that change! 

IMG_6954.jpg

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, revkev said:

This is why you really need a speed measuring device. I’m sure that all of us have experienced swings that “felt” great only to look down at our devices and been shocked to see that they were quite ordinary. Also we’ve had swings that didn’t seem great which produced top speeds.

Additionally knowing the speed of your last swing for real will push you to go faster.

I know it’s tempting to want to save money but what’s $100 more when you’ve already invested $200 and way more than that in time?

I hear ya, I do, but in the past month I've picked up the SuperSpeed system, a driving iron, shoes, a 3 wood, and the base course that I usually play at has been closed so I'm paying much more than last year to play.  The boss is cracking down, if you get my drift...  Maybe I should start a GoFundMe...."Please, for just 7 cents a day, won't you help Getoffmylawn hit bombs?"

I'm still confident I'm going to make gains, I should probably just avoid posting questions where the obvious answer is "buy a radar dumb@ss..."

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Last night in Men's League  (9 hole match play), it was us against the Pro Shop (head pro plus his assistant). While we took them to the cleaners 3 up for a total # of 8.5 points out of 11. more importantly, the head Pro commented on the length of my drives stating that "SuperSpeed is really working for you".  I haven't taken the LM to the range and should do that to quantify the increases not only for my driver but also for my long clubs. FYI I started the year at 22.5 and am down to 18.7. My goal is to get to 15 and Superspeed will be a bit part of that change! 

IMG_6954.jpg.b6df15b614b718d215cd4df28b56dfbf.jpg

That’s awesome!!! When other people notice, you might be on to something!

WITB:

1 hour ago, Jbmullin said:

Took the monitor on the course today and was super excited to see swing speeds in the mid 90’s and the drives were findable and actually really good spots. I think its both getting easier to get speed and being more comfortable taking the governor off

Interesting to see you say taking the governor off. TXG had a gentleman who swung controlled in the high 80's do a driver testing and they asked him to take the governor off as well. He jumped to about 94 mph and dispersion was really no different than his controlled swing. I think we all tend to forget that we hit shots offline as well when we swing easier 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Interesting to see you say taking the governor off. TXG had a gentleman who swung controlled in the high 80's do a driver testing and they asked him to take the governor off as well. He jumped to about 94 mph and dispersion was really no different than his controlled swing. I think we all tend to forget that we hit shots offline as well when we swing easier 

That’s where I got that from. That TXG video was a bit of an eye opening one. They have great stuff on there.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

On 6/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@tony@CIC glad to you posted about testing the PRGR launch monitor versus the swing caddie unit. We have lots of launch monitors including the top end ones and the PRGR is surprisingly accurate for such a low price point. The Swing Caddie SC 200+ model actually measures speed without hitting a ball for anyone out there that owns that version. The other two swing caddie models do not though. 

Interesting and good to hear. I purchased an SC300 and if I use it inside I seem to have a pretty good result with catching speed with the sticks, outside seems to be more sporadic. I wish I could figure out how to improve the reliability of readings.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Walked nine holes tonight. No warmup, just hop out of the car and start walking. Three drives of note. Two I hit 295 and 300 into a 45 degree into and cross 11mph wind. The other was hit to pin high on a 343yd par 4. Didn’t really feel like I was hitting out of the middle either... had a few more 300yd normal drives as well.

WITB:

Week #2 Recap- June 10-17

The Numbers 

Start/End      Light N/D        Med N/D        Heavy N/D     Final MAX
102    111      103    116       101    114        99    110             122
104    109      104    114       101    114        98    108             119
103    114      104    120       101    118       100    114            124

I haven't put in the StepChange, however for those who want to see them let me know and I can. Short version of this week was it included 6300KM of driving, including a stretch that was 34 hours long with 4.5 hours of sleep and a lot of coffee. We finished our trip out west and came back home to Halifax and our now out at the cottage for a period of isolation which is mandatory in our province once leaving. We wanted to see family and with 3 dogs and a lot of spare time driving seemed like the sensible option despite the distance. All of this is to say that it wasn't my peak week for sure, but I have started to notice some trends!

One- It has been stated before, but to get max numbers its obvious you need to be well rested and in the right state. Even though I made my best effort to do these protocols after a decent sleep and in my best shape it simply didn't happen as much as week 1. For starters I was exhausted, it was a ton of driving and my body wasn't overly impressed with the amount of sitting and real lack of good meals on the road. Secondly mentally I was shot, we did most of the trip with over night stretches so the dogs would sleep better and then find a park for them to run around in where I could get some rest.

Two- Off hand swings (my right hand swings) are stabalizing and starting to see some gains. I feel significantly more comfortable with them and have a rhythm to the swings. Thats not to say I can hit a golf ball, but I can swing fast!

Three- My base line seems to be creeping up, not by a ton but my base start swings are faster and stable then when I started. Its only a couple mph, but any gains are good gains. As well for the second week in a row my final day has by far been my best day. Not sure why yet, but I look forward to seeing if this trend will continue. 

Fourth and last- On the golf course I have noticed some big drives and long balls. Unfortunately I haven't played a course I really know yet or have even played before so my real world gains are hard to measure, however I have consistently been the longest in my groups that I have played with and had some real bombs. I've taken a challenge with myself to take driver on as many holes as possible for this and see if I can take some of that short trouble out of play and so far its been okay. A few short par 4s I have flown trouble bunkers or penalty areas that have left me with short chips or wedges in rather then laying back and I can't say its hurt me at all. With the exception of 1 round the driver has been arguably my most reliable club. The only thing of note is I have noticed a big left miss every so often whether it be on the range or course, which is unusual for me. I am more of a get quick and snap hook. Now I have been working on straightening my ball flight, but I can't say that this has impeded any ball striking so far. 

With that I'll call it a wrap and looking forward to more updates throughout this week. I have a small area I can pitch around here, but I have to wait a little bit before I am allowed back on a course with isolation, but this simply gives more time for protocols, rest and some relaxation!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 6/19/2020 at 2:44 AM, Apolloshowl said:

Want to apologise for being a little late with the update.

We just finished doing a little drive hehe

Screenshot_20200617_121001.jpg.e61161747e834b9aec29e8ff3a57f7fb.jpgI'll have a full recap up tomorrow of the week. A down week to say the least, had a ton going on and well very little sleep along with many other things, however I got all the protocols completed and we are onto week #3 with some high expectations.

IMG_20200611_155812.jpg.18c41d8f97164abd7ffe13b0ac68a4db.jpg A little golf in there too which was fun and although the speeds weren't quite as quick I have noticed more balanced and feel more stable.

IMG_20200611_164638.jpg.3b417ad5cbc5d2127b6287f748ec17a2.jpgEspecially with off handed swings, so take the good with the great and still seeing overall progress so really am happy overall. 

Dude that trip is 4x the length of my whole country!!

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Week #2 Recap- June 10-17

The Numbers 

Start/End      Light N/D        Med N/D        Heavy N/D     Final MAX
102    111      103    116       101    114        99    110             122
104    109      104    114       101    114        98    108             119
103    114      104    120       101    118       100    114            124

I haven't put in the StepChange, however for those who want to see them let me know and I can. Short version of this week was it included 6300KM of driving, including a stretch that was 34 hours long with 4.5 hours of sleep and a lot of coffee. We finished our trip out west and came back home to Halifax and our now out at the cottage for a period of isolation which is mandatory in our province once leaving. We wanted to see family and with 3 dogs and a lot of spare time driving seemed like the sensible option despite the distance. All of this is to say that it wasn't my peak week for sure, but I have started to notice some trends!

One- It has been stated before, but to get max numbers its obvious you need to be well rested and in the right state. Even though I made my best effort to do these protocols after a decent sleep and in my best shape it simply didn't happen as much as week 1. For starters I was exhausted, it was a ton of driving and my body wasn't overly impressed with the amount of sitting and real lack of good meals on the road. Secondly mentally I was shot, we did most of the trip with over night stretches so the dogs would sleep better and then find a park for them to run around in where I could get some rest.

Two- Off hand swings (my right hand swings) are stabalizing and starting to see some gains. I feel significantly more comfortable with them and have a rhythm to the swings. Thats not to say I can hit a golf ball, but I can swing fast!

Three- My base line seems to be creeping up, not by a ton but my base start swings are faster and stable then when I started. Its only a couple mph, but any gains are good gains. As well for the second week in a row my final day has by far been my best day. Not sure why yet, but I look forward to seeing if this trend will continue. 

Fourth and last- On the golf course I have noticed some big drives and long balls. Unfortunately I haven't played a course I really know yet or have even played before so my real world gains are hard to measure, however I have consistently been the longest in my groups that I have played with and had some real bombs. I've taken a challenge with myself to take driver on as many holes as possible for this and see if I can take some of that short trouble out of play and so far its been okay. A few short par 4s I have flown trouble bunkers or penalty areas that have left me with short chips or wedges in rather then laying back and I can't say its hurt me at all. With the exception of 1 round the driver has been arguably my most reliable club. The only thing of note is I have noticed a big left miss every so often whether it be on the range or course, which is unusual for me. I am more of a get quick and snap hook. Now I have been working on straightening my ball flight, but I can't say that this has impeded any ball striking so far. 

With that I'll call it a wrap and looking forward to more updates throughout this week. I have a small area I can pitch around here, but I have to wait a little bit before I am allowed back on a course with isolation, but this simply gives more time for protocols, rest and some relaxation!

Excellent stuff Jamie!!

You guys really have me thinking that I need to get a set of these to help with my recovery...

This has plagued me for years as well, I was just getting on top of it when the old hip gave out. Hope fully I won't have this issue anymore 

A new hip?! You’re not old enough for a new hip!

I’m not sure if this system works for golfers who play upside down and left handed though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8