TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

Haha yup did that the other day. Was sweating before I even started warming up haha. Ended up having to dry the grips during the protocol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've been using rain gloves since we started, so now they're really coming in handy 

Week 3 Protocol 1 recap: June 25th

Week 3 was definitely a step up from week 2 here are the numbers session by session.

Start     End    Light ND   Light D   Med ND    Med D    Heavy ND   Heavy D   MAX!

103      111      102           114          101           114           95               109           123    
 105      119      107           130          103           123          103              115           128    
 104      113      104           116           98            119           95               107            121  

Step Change Dominant/Non Dominant

116/103        109/99        106/96

122/107       118/103       114/100

118/108      110/100       100/96

Quick hits- This week was simply better, a lot more rest and just overall better results. 

- Hit a milestone finally reaching 130! and got up 119 with the driver, still waiting to see 120

- Noticing how important it is to have a good base for these swings, its not as though I loose balance, but having a solid setup and base gives the freedom to launch away and get some great numbers.

- For the first time so far the final session of the week was arguably the weakest, I did it around the same time as normal, same routine, same footwear and all that. Is a little humid but never felt as though I was loosing the club, however I just didn't get the results. My off handed (RH) swings felt tight and just not all that appealing. Even when loosening up they didn't feel good and I felt stiff. Only thing I can maybe think of is that we went canoeing the other day and may have worked in a few muscles... although if anything I honestly figured that would help. 

- I have a few rounds booked for next week so I can't wait to A get to a range and see some fly as well as see what its like on course. I am hoping to have another 2 sessions in before my next round and will be sorting out ARCCOS to make sure I get some reliable distances. 

That is all for this update, of course more to follow and hopefully will have some new pictures and content to upload in the coming days. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Back to the tempo thing - I find that my fastest SuperSpeed Swings come with a slow back swing - with the real driver I'm fine with as fast a backswing as I am able to muster - so long as I don't rush my transition everything is great.  I learned that while doing the first round of SuperSpeed - Daisy challenged me to try a round swinging driver as fast as I was able - what I discovered was that I was at the top end in regards to SS and I didn't loose a bit of accuracy. 

Go figure 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

18 hours ago, jlukes said:

I've been using rain gloves since we started, so now they're really coming in handy 

I routinely play with a rain glove in the summer. My hands sweat so much that leather gloves just don't cut it. I'm using it for Superspeed sticks as well, although I try to do the protocols early or late in the day when it's going to be really hot and humid. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A little tease of some pictures to come... Finally found a good theme for these!IMG_20200625_200742.jpg.e92000052fde04203e4f679ff3614554.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Ok I want to know who created the Kneeling part of protocol 2. I had a few choice words this morning 🤣

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I routinely play with a rain glove in the summer. My hands sweat so much that leather gloves just don't cut it. I'm using it for Superspeed sticks as well, although I try to do the protocols early or late in the day when it's going to be really hot and humid. 

I've been saying it for a while now, but I need to get some rain gloves. I'm destroying gloves at too fast a rate. I bought out the supply of a golf course that was closing last year and had a "fire sale." It should have been enough to last me 2-3 years, but I'll be lucky to get through this year the way things are going.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've been saying it for a while now, but I need to get some rain gloves. I'm destroying gloves at too fast a rate. I bought out the supply of a golf course that was closing last year and had a "fire sale." It should have been enough to last me 2-3 years, but I'll be lucky to get through this year the way things are going.

Are you death-gripping the club or sweating like crazy?  You storing them properly between rounds (in the sleeve)?  Genuinely interested..i used to rip through them quickly too but not as much anymore.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

33 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Are you death-gripping the club or sweating like crazy?  You storing them properly between rounds (in the sleeve)?  Genuinely interested..i used to rip through them quickly too but not as much anymore.

Sweating like crazy, which I believe leads to death-gripping. I am tearing them in the heel area of my left hand. I am not storing them in the sleeve, just hanging them from the velcro on my bag.

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Interestingly I've found that rain gloves last 2-3 times longer than my other gloves (regardless of brand). Plus my white gloves look like cra*p after a doz wearings especially mid summer because of my sweating. Rain gloves - not so much since they're black  and breathe more. Wish FJ would sell them in singles vs. pairs.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 6/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, revkev said:

Back to the tempo thing - I find that my fastest SuperSpeed Swings come with a slow back swing - with the real driver I'm fine with as fast a backswing as I am able to muster - so long as I don't rush my transition everything is great.  I learned that while doing the first round of SuperSpeed - Daisy challenged me to try a round swinging driver as fast as I was able - what I discovered was that I was at the top end in regards to SS and I didn't loose a bit of accuracy. 

Go figure 🙂

I'm going to give that a try when I play tomorrow.  I think rushing the transition gets me too, that's when my stability goes out the window and I start sliding too much

2 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

I'm going to give that a try when I play tomorrow.  I think rushing the transition gets me too, that's when my stability goes out the window and I start sliding too much

Me too. There are actually times I swear I can feel myself starting to pull down on the grip before I have fully set my body in the backswing. It almost always ends up being a hard pull-hook. Presumably my hands are so far out ahead of my body, that's about all that can happen?

I finished the first week of Level 2 tonight. Blue speeds seem to slowly be creeping up and catching the green speeds. Green and red have basically been flat for the entire time. I actually am really enjoying the kneeling swings so far. I feel like it is going to help my core flexibility since my hips can't rotate too much. Dominant swings were 106 (green), 102 (blue), and 99 (red). Left-handed? Strangely, my fastest kneeling LH swing to-date has been with the red stick at 97 mph. I have no clue what that means.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:06 AM, tony@CIC said:

Did the Level 2, Day 1 protocol yesterday and tried the faster back swing. It didn't add much to the overall speed so I'm hesitant to 'ingrain' that into my back swing. In the past the faster back swing created havoc with my driver. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but the trade off for me is dispersion over distance. I tend to favor dispersion. 

FYI, as I get ready to do a mini review, I can dogmatically state I am very pleased with protocol 1 results! Yes they could have been better, but they look like long term sustainable results. 

@tony@CIC thanks for the feedback. Definitely not necessary to increase the speed of the backswing. Just a test to see. Probably best to stick with your current backswing 

10 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Me too. There are actually times I swear I can feel myself starting to pull down on the grip before I have fully set my body in the backswing. It almost always ends up being a hard pull-hook. Presumably my hands are so far out ahead of my body, that's about all that can happen?

I finished the first week of Level 2 tonight. Blue speeds seem to slowly be creeping up and catching the green speeds. Green and red have basically been flat for the entire time. I actually am really enjoying the kneeling swings so far. I feel like it is going to help my core flexibility since my hips can't rotate too much. Dominant swings were 106 (green), 102 (blue), and 99 (red). Left-handed? Strangely, my fastest kneeling LH swing to-date has been with the red stick at 97 mph. I have no clue what that means.

This is one of the big reasons I'm excited to get to Level 2 (one more week of Level 1!).  Kneeling swings are purported to be a great drill for fundamentals alone, never mind speed training,

Golf.com Martin Chuck article about it at the link below.  Granted this is with a ball, but i think it bodes well for the value of the SuperSpeed protocol in improving ball-striking.

https://golf.com/instruction/driving/practice-swinging-on-knees/

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

This is one of the big reasons I'm excited to get to Level 2 (one more week of Level 1!).  Kneeling swings are purported to be a great drill for fundamentals alone, never mind speed training,
Golf.com Martin Chuck article about it at the link below.  Granted this is with a ball, but i think it bodes well for the value of the SuperSpeed protocol in improving ball-striking.
https://golf.com/instruction/driving/practice-swinging-on-knees/

I think you’re the first person in the history of MGS to say they’re excited about kneeling swings.

Realistically they don’t both my knees, but I can see why they would be bothersome to many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I think you’re the first person in the history of MGS to say they’re excited about kneeling swings. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Realistically they don’t both my knees, but I can see why they would be bothersome to many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!  Well I haven't done them yet.  If I end up crying to mama and eating my words I'll let everyone know...

@Getoffmylawn - both things can be true - kneeling swings can really hurt especially if you don’t have the proper cushions. When performed correctly though, they truly help lots of people’s all striking. Great for sequencing issues.

So I did my first morning workout this SuperSpeed go round. I learned the first time that I’m faster in the afternoon than the morning.

True to form I was about 4 mphers slower with the green and blue but wonder of wonders the red decided to join the party today. I had a jump from 106 to 110 with it.

The other thing that I noticed is that this workout seemed effortless - perhaps because the heat index hasn’t reached 100 yet - it’s been North of 110 all week here hence the reason for the 8 AM workout. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

20 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Just a quick update because we have had a lot of talk about tempo. For me personally I tried out a few different methods today quick back swing, slow, inbetween, controlled and more wild really trying to get a rebound and I found that again for me a slower more controlled back swing and applying more force through the ground then swinging free gave me the fastest swings and the fastest swings to date so far. I also have my fastest starting swing with 107 so I am definitely seeing a increase. Looking forward to the rest of the week and hopefully able to crack 120 with a driver for one swing! 

I've had this same experience as well. Slower, more controlled backswing always seems to give me higher numbers.

Glad that you're seeing increases. Huge motivation!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I've had this same experience as well. Slower, more controlled backswing always seems to give me higher numbers.
Glad that you're seeing increases. Huge motivation!

Count me in with you and [mention]Apolloshowl [/mention] with the smoother backswing. I’ve tried the fast backswing and transition but just feel like it leads to slower swings and big ol slice swings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQtWpEpJxdNXrqUwgtq8CZQ

week 1 level 2 wrap up is posted to my YouTube channel.

The weather has not cooperated the last couple sundays and I was worried about the kneeling swings inside after bouncing a few off the grass this week.. as you might hear in the video .. I bounced a couple off the concrete floor. Very uncoordinated at the kneeling swings but keep pushing through.

Topped out at 101 mph to day. Very happy with the results

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQtWpEpJxdNXrqUwgtq8CZQ

Link to you tube channel is posted. Week 2 level 2 wrap up done. If the link is not working and you want to watch , look me up Jody Mullin on youtube

The kneeling swings like the others all week have been .. well interesting. Clanged a few off

The concrete today..

All in all happy with the continued progress and swing speed increase I’m seeing IMG_3006.HEICIMG_3007.thumb.JPG.d1b35706b75a83db177cdf865394a466.JPGIMG_3008.thumb.JPG.12969bdc279b8a12962bc3aa6a23dbb2.JPG

These are my final 3 swings today. I am in the slow speed group using yellow , green and blue . 80-85 mph.

IMG_3001.JPG

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

The pictures below are screen shots from the range on May 3 (Week 4) and June 27 (Week 10) of my SuperSpeedGolf.  Ten mph increase in club head speed and 10 more yards from a 71 year old 18 months after a reverse shoulder replacement.

image.jpeg.c950277563b7749c9e810ba3716d4f65.jpeg
image.jpeg.7b3b1f14842c95ac5cb35f6c4ba879c8.jpeg

So I guess there's hope for me

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Been lots of rain in my area all week. Hope to get Week 4 of level 1 done on Wednesday.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Been lots of rain in my area all week. Hope to get Week 4 of level 1 done on Wednesday.

WITB:

Ok, Level 1 Week 4 Day 2 done.

I felt like I really grasped the "heel pressure" concept today (thanks Kyle).  Felt like I could get a ton of ground forces vertically by really pressurizing that heel.

That being said, I felt insanely fast today.  I was holding on for dear life on some swings.  However, the PRGR didn't seem to show any differences from when I feel slow.  Jury is still out for me on that one.  I mean when you hear the stick sounding like a whip cracking through the air and you look down and see the same speeds as when it sounds normal, I just don't know.

Unfortunately the wind was blowing like crazy today, so I'll have to mute the swing audio in the video (have to love Texas winds...).

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

42 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

I mean when you hear the stick sounding like a whip cracking through the air and you look down and see the same speeds as when it sounds normal, I just don't know.

I know what you mean. There are times the sound tells me, "oh yeah, that was good...." Then i turn and see the same number, over and over.