Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Played 9 holes last night and really struggled with the driver again. Was not the best conditions out but really felt off on form and seen a few bad habits creeping back in. Going to try and get into a lesson over the next couple days and see if I can get the speed and the control working for good again and not evil.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Just finished my 3rd session of the Level 1 Week 4 protocol.

I tried moving the PRGR to where ball position would be but just couldn't get it it read anything.  Maybe I was swinging too high above it, will need to play around with the height.

Still felt really fast on quite a few swings today.  I know that I "feel" faster, but again, the numbers stay the same.

Hope to have the review video posted tonight or tomorrow sometime. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Here are some downswing photos for fun:

Level 1 - Week 4 - Day 3 - Driver

downswing1.png.43bcd50130f4f0b12c7b8b8620f418d0.png

downswing2.png.abacced8bb99faeafa018752592dde71.png

downswing3.png.23b883412004d5e16a9f8f9842ce8a57.png

downswing4.png.cab381422915e5bd3697ca43e3f19c22.png

downswing5.png.16d3ecc9265c24c1b047da1f6bf52ad9.png

downswing6.png.fc666b2f41928d66fcd83f6ed7a63533.png

downswing7.png.76d0ab1382cc46c96a25ec9b25b8c449.png

I'm going to play around with raising the PRGR up higher.  I noticed as I was putting together my review video that I was swinging way above it when I tried to place it at ball position.

WITB:

10 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I tried moving the PRGR to where ball position would be but just couldn't get it it read anything.  Maybe I was swinging too high above it, will need to play around with the height.

Are you talking about putting the radar face-on instead of down the line? I messed around a little bit tonight. Since I do my swings on my deck, I tried setting the radar on the step leading into your house and it seemed to pick things up better. I'm going to try it ahead of ball position tomorrow and see what happens.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Are you talking about putting the radar face-on instead of down the line? I messed around a little bit tonight. Since I do my swings on my deck, I tried setting the radar on the step leading into your house and it seemed to pick things up better. I'm going to try it ahead of ball position tomorrow and see what happens.

Yes, face on off my left foot, just where a ball tee’d up would be if I was hitting driver.

I couldn’t get it to read that way, but I think I may have been swinging too high over it.

The rationale for moving it is that the fastest part of the swing is at or just after the ball, so I may be getting the same readings over and over because it is not catching the fastest part of the swing. But who knows, maybe I’m just not any faster.

WITB:

23 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Wanted to pose a question to testers using the super speed training system, is anyone experiencing an increasing in low back pain or any other joint related pathology since beginning the training protocols? I am a physical therapist and am interested in learning more about protocols and how I can apply it to my patients in the future

I'll chime in on this, too, though I'm not an official tester. 

I haven't had any pain resulting directly from use of the sticks, but as I'm getting older I'm finding that swinging all out really causes some soreness in my upper and lower back the next day. This happens whether I'm using the sticks or hitting a bunch of drivers at the range, however, so like I said above, it's not just the sticks.

I think next offseason I need to work more on my upper back to allow it to support more of these swings. Deadlifts, rows, etc.

In the past two seasons I've also tweaked some muscles in my upper back (rhombus/trap? - both sides), but that happened with regular golf swings. Last year I did have to take a break from the protocols for about a month though while I let it rest. I was at least still able to golf.

Otherwise, I've split the tip of my right middle finger a few times, but that's the result of my right ring finger being crooked (baseball injury) and rubbing against the middle finger during the swing. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

23 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I actually had an injury in my lower back.  I honestly think that it was a combination of doing too much.  I was on a low calorie fat-loss plan, working out 5 days per week (lifting weights and rowing) and doing the SuperSpeed training.  I think it was overuse. 

I've been there.  So easy to over-do it, but if you're training that hard, make sure to eat enough!  It's always been hard for me to get stronger and leaner simultaneously. 

Per Bryson, no less than 12 Protein shakes a day!

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I've been there.  So easy to over-do it, but if you're training that hard, make sure to eat enough!  It's always been hard for me to get stronger and leaner simultaneously. 
Per Bryson, no less than 12 Protein shakes a day!

I think that was exactly it. Just too much at one time with a huge caloric deficit. I wasn’t concerned about strength, just had the fat loss goal. I just pushed too hard for too long.

My wife is a certified personal trainer and I taught strength training at Texas A&M during my graduate work, so I know better, but when your eye is on the prize it is easy to do things you know you ought not to.

WITB:

A little late to the party on Protocol ! mini-review, but as they say better late then never. As many of you are aware I'm at the low end of swing speed as it would be expected at 73, but that hasn't deterred me from working on increasing it. At the same time I'm reminded of a quote "careful what you ask for". The reason being, that like other aspects of life, this requires a commitment to stay with the program. I will say that being an Official Tester" is an additional motivator, since I don't want to let down my fellow testers and readers.  If I wasn't an 'Official Tester' there might be a  day or two where I would have skipped the workout - just sayin.😎

For most readers, my stats might be a bit boring since I'm not swinging these sticks at 125, or even 100 mph. I started at a lowly 70's with a commitment to get into the mid to high 90's (driver speed). So instead of showing absolute numbers, the following table shows percentage increase from the start of the program to the end of protocol 1. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the progress and surprisingly the non-dominant hand is coming on strong. 

percentage_p1.jpg.50be4fa8ecf5232e2b595482343d6c46.jpg

The actual speed graph looks a bit schizophrenic with wild ups and downs, however, there is an upward trend line. I'm not sure if those ups and downs are part of the normal process or a function of when I did the program or how I felt. 363939412_Superspeedgraph_p1.jpg.783af281ec458456e6deb693341625e4.jpg

I haven't taken the LM to the course for actual driver SS measurements, but I know it's longer just by gauging where my ball lands on the course I play regularly. Some other observations: about halfway through the program, I was topping the ball with my driver - a few trips to the range and adjustments to how I swing the sticks, corrected that. Also, lately, I've found myself slicing the ball (my power fade 😁), that was a grip/alignment issue which I fixed this week. 

After a week in Protocol 2, I've found that I'm still somewhat plateaued, however, today I actually saw my non-dominant hand #'s higher than dominant. There might be some right handed clubs in my future? Naw just kidding!

Can't wait for the 'jump' - onward and upward - 90's Driver SS here I come! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Today was one of those days I wish I didn't have the radar. Totally demotivating, especially for the amount of sweat I produced. There was just no speed today. Almost everything was down a few mph. Tempo, timing, mechanics, a little bit of all of them? Who knows, but we'll see what Saturday brings.

4 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Today was one of those days I wish I didn't have the radar. Totally demotivating, especially for the amount of sweat I produced. There was just no speed today. Almost everything was down a few mph. Tempo, timing, mechanics, a little bit of all of them? Who knows, but we'll see what Saturday brings.

I know you're not asking for a motivational speech, I'd likely have the same reaction, but there's a reason the progress and speed charts aren't linear...don't beat yourself up over it.  Outside temperature, your blood sugar and your diet, other physical activity, how much sleep you got...tons of contributing factors.  The important part is long-term progress.  Just come back more motivated for the next workout!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I know you're not asking for a motivational speech, I'd likely have the same reaction, but there's a reason the progress and speed charts aren't linear...don't beat yourself up over it.  Outside temperature, your blood sugar and your diet, other physical activity, how much sleep you got...tons of contributing factors.  The important part is long-term progress.  Just come back more motivated for the next workout!

I know it's part of the deal, and I'm OK with it. I try to remind myself that this is like any other workout I might do - there are days it's just not there, but I need to soldier through and do it anyway to see the long-term benefit.

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I know it's part of the deal, and I'm OK with it. I try to remind myself that this is like any other workout I might do - there are days it's just not there, but I need to soldier through and do it anyway to see the long-term benefit.

GIF saturday night live chris farley snl - animated GIF on GIFER ...

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Level 1 Week 4 Review video is live:

WITB:

New personal best tonight. Post-workout second driver swing was 119. By my standards that is SMOKED. Breaking through that second plateau. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

9 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Slow swing speed 80ish mph, yellow/green/blue sticks , also a lefty.
One of my best sessions tonight, back outside after 3 days of rain. Was able to get more out of the knee swings.
Finished my session hitting 102mph 3 swings in a row. Hit 100 mph on the stomp swing 2 times and hit over 90mph with the “heavy” blue stick today

That's awesome! I hope I'm right behind you with those numbers.. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Testers, hypothetically, how well do you think you could hit a ball with your off hand swing? You've had a few weeks now to speed up and make it feel a little more "normal".

Feel free to take this out of the hypothetical, hit some and film them for posterity 😁😎 

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

4 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Testers, hypothetically, how well do you think you could hit a ball with your off hand swing? You've had a few weeks now to speed up and make it feel a little more "normal".

Feel free to take this out of the hypothetical, hit some and film them for posterity 😁😎 

I'll get a video or two and post it later today! I may have mentioned it before, but I can swing fast just not sure about contact with the ball. Been too scared to try yet. That being said I would also like to change my grip off hand before. I found my hands getting sore normal grip so I went to 10 finger grip. 

At some point I'll do a little 9 right handed... Hopefully alone and with very very wide fairways. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

July 1st Week 4 Protocol 1 Update: Jamie Danbrook

Another week down and some gains and some slower days. The overall feeling for me is that I am gaining on my base, but I can only reach my peaks on certain days. The floor is being raised and the ceiling is about the same as it has been. That being said my off hand swings continue to improve and feel more strong. This week of course there was focus on being as fast as I can be, but there was also focus on technique and making sure I am staying relatively in position. I found with some swings my back swing was getting abnormally long which then through some timing off when I did go to the range and hit some golf balls. So there has been a bit of a balance there to ensure that the game won't go completely out the window. 

However we need to see some numbers! Don't forget to check out the link at the top of the thread to see everyones fastest week by week numbers!

Start   End   Light ND Light D  Med ND  Med D  Heavy ND  Heavy D    MAX

107     119        111       131        109        123          104             117         130   
104     111        101       121        100        111           97              103         118   
105     110        108       119        101        116           99              111         128   

Step Change

131/114    123/110    114/103

114/101    109/101    104/96

125/108    116/102    110/101

All in all what I would classify as a good week. I do realize that I had a bit of a down period the last two sessions, however the feeling is definitely there and I am very confident the program is working well for me and that I am gaining speed. I feel faster and stronger and even more coordinated. Off hand swings as mentioned are gaining in speed and for me I feel that is a sign that the overall speed is without question! 

I don't have too much else to update on that I can think of right now, however if anyone has any questions please let me know and I would be more then happy to answer!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Feel free to take this out of the hypothetical, hit some and film them for posterity  

With a lefty driver..... that would be interesting. I know I can generate speed, but accuracy... yeah.... I’m not sure on that.

WITB:

Ok I've been on hold for hours trying to get some flight stuff sorted out and figured I'd do up a quick graph for everyone. To show the numbers from Dominant only swings so far.

White - first driver swing before protocol

Orange - driver swing after protocol

Green/blue/red dominant handed swings

Non Dom may come depending on how much further I'll be on hold!

IMG_20200703_133720.jpg

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Soooo who thinks I can actually get the shaft to touch my shoulder on the downswing transition?  I never realized how close it is before looking at these videos! LOL

It is not intentional in the slightest, just a by-product of my flatter swing and transition I think.

550370976_shaftonshoulder.png.29a20198c14cfbf98939be835f672e01.png

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Soooo who thinks I can actually get the shaft to touch my shoulder on the downswing transition?  I never realized how close it is before looking at these videos! LOL

It is not intentional in the slightest, just a by-product of my flatter swing and transition I think.

550370976_shaftonshoulder.png.29a20198c14cfbf98939be835f672e01.png

What does it look like from DTL?  it may actually be a bit behind your shoulder. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Definitely need a new driver shaft. My PWR65 Stiff felt like a limp noodle today on my hard swings, and I had some bad hooks. Not quite ducks, but they were turning hard. 

Sidenote: I flipped a 4 iron upside down and hit it lefty out of a bush from 80 yards and put it on the front fringe today. Guess those lefty swings are paying off. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

What does it look like from DTL?  it may actually be a bit behind your shoulder. 

Good call. It is definitely behind me (I get the hands pretty deep). It is still pretty close to shoulder level when I transition.

IMG_6694.PNG

WITB:

On 7/1/2020 at 8:19 AM, RollingGreens said:

Interesting reports of improvement. Unless the suspected areas of limitation have improved mobility vs causing the other regions that typically compensate to become overworked/stressed. I think it would be something that would be interesting to pay attention to over the long term. Large example I would be thinking of is Tiger Woods after his low back fusion and the continued stress with his high swing speeds

@RollingGreens one thing to keep in mind that we continually stress is that these are dry swings only meaning no impact forces from the turf or ball contact. Impact forces never seem to be talked about when speaking of golf injuries. However, swing speed is the number #1 thing that gets all the blame. A proper golf fitness program can only assist. It’s been helpful for golfers to hear Tiger actually admit recently how his poor training program caused injury. He was the face of golf fitness until it was revealed how poorly he trained during different stretches of his career. 

We have seen good success with using SuperSpeed helping to return to golf after an injury. Especially those such as lumbar spine and shoulder/wrist. With no contact in the turf, it can help to begin slowly building back speed with less risk. These wouldn’t include full out swings to begin but ramping up as the body allows. We actually built a SuperSpeed program for Tiger with his trainer just for this type of case. 

On 7/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, edingc said:

I don't think this has been answered yet, so a question for @SuperSpeed Golf regarding the counterweighted club: How does the counterweighted club speeds relate to the speeds with the original sticks?

I hit a personal best with the C-club after my round this morning. 

IMG_03072020_094649_(800_x_1067_pixel).jpg.87fe58ddf01a6bdc855703d925fa0706.jpg

I actually did a slightly abbreviated SuperSpeed routine yesterday for warmup before my round and I really enjoyed how loose my swing felt after that. I might have to start doing that more often!

@edingc the C club will be faster than the lightest club but we don’t have enough data yet to give a percentage in relation to the other SuperSpeed clubs. 

Good to hear on the warmup! That can be very individual based on how you know what your body feels like after. Those that tend to do well with a SuperSpeed session before playing have been performing the training for quite some time already.