TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

For club fitting purposes the best time would be when entering a plateau phase. This is often about 8 weeks in but varies per player. Then sometime after level 2 into Level 3.

Keep in mind that a ball fitting can help too although this is rarely done. 

4 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

For club fitting purposes the best time would be when entering a plateau phase. This is often about 8 weeks in but varies per player. Then sometime after level 2 into Level 3.

Keep in mind that a ball fitting can help too although this is rarely done. 

Great timing on this message. I had already scheduled a fitting for July 15th - without thinking of what would be the best time re: SuperSpeed. Turns out I'll be wrapping up week 8 simultaneously with the fitting. and have also plateaued. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@SuperSpeed Golf are you able to go over some of the differences between the Superspeed sticks we are using and the SuperSpeed C that I've noticed go up on your youtube channel? I know its counter balanced, but who would you recommend that for vs the ones we are using? Or is it simply another option you are offering? Thanks!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@edingc the C club will be faster than the lightest club but we don’t have enough data yet to give a percentage in relation to the other SuperSpeed clubs. 

Good to hear on the warmup! That can be very individual based on how you know what your body feels like after. Those that tend to do well with a SuperSpeed session before playing have been performing the training for quite some time already. 

Thanks for answering my question! I've seen some good progress since adding the C club this winter.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

@SuperSpeed Golf are you able to go over some of the differences between the Superspeed sticks we are using and the SuperSpeed C that I've noticed go up on your youtube channel? I know its counter balanced, but who would you recommend that for vs the ones we are using? Or is it simply another option you are offering? Thanks!

@Apolloshowl it is just another offering and our first new release since the original set in 2014. It tends to work best for those that have been training for sometime to break through a plateau. It can also be used on its own. 

Counterweight training and Overspeed training are different in a few ways. Overspeed training increases the neuromuscular reaction speed of the body to a known motor program. This training uses lightweight clubs first to create a faster reaction in the muscles of the body to the signal sent by the brain. After only a few repetitions, the brain remembers and begins to expect this faster reaction speed. We then challenge the system with the middle and heavy weight clubs to increase the player’s swing speed.

Counterweight training, in contrast, only uses one club which is significantly counterweighted compared to a normal driver. The player grips the club below the counterweighted portion of the grip. This changes the physics of the club, altering the MOI and the potential release velocity and acceleration. We see a significant increase in velocity of the hands and arms in the golf swing around the area of impact. We also see an increase in release speed. These increases allow players who have both been working with overspeed training for some time and those who have never worked with overspeed training to see significant swing speed gains from the hand and arm segments of the swing.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:56 PM, cnosil said:

Had a good day with the sticks today;  I  have now crossed 120mph with the green, blue, and red on both right and left side.   This weeks speeds were:

Green: 132/127

Blue: 120/125

Red: 124/123

It was interesting that some of those speeds really didn't feel like that fast of a swing until I looked at the number.   They weren't 1 offs since other numbers were in the same ball park.  

Need to figure out what I was doing today so I can continue with these speeds.  

That's great!

I don't recall seeing it - what was your starting driver swing speed and what is typical now?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Knocked out my first Level 2 workout this morning. The kneeling swings...so that;s some work.  Did anyone else feel overall clumsy doing those the first time out?  I kept getting the feeling like I was coming out of it, like I wasn't maintaining my spine angle at all. I'll go back and watch the protocol video on the SuperSpeed website, but overall I just felt very uncoordinated doing them.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Knocked out my first Level 2 workout this morning. The kneeling swings...so that;s some work.  Did anyone else feel overall clumsy doing those the first time out?  I kept getting the feeling like I was coming out of it, like I wasn't maintaining my spine angle at all. I'll go back and watch the protocol video on the SuperSpeed website, but overall I just felt very uncoordinated doing them.

Absolutely felt awkward at the start (and still does sometimes 2 weeks into it). The first few swings, I almost fell over. I also caught myself trying to take a mini step with my lead knee on the non-dominant swings.

For me, since I played baseball/softball for so many years, I really want to raise my elbow up during the backswing - all those years of being told to keep my elbow up have apparently stuck. When I do that, it seems to hinder my rotation, but it feels more natural to me.

Had a good session today. Hit 137mph with the green stick on a normal swing. That is 1mph shy of my fastest from level 1 (which happened on week 1).

I also also had a PR with the red stick (normal swing) of 121mph.

Driver is still stuck at 120mph with no ball. Kyle and I are now looking into possible ankle mobility limitations I may have. The quest continues!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Edited by ChasingScratch

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's great!

I don't recall seeing it - what was your starting driver swing speed and what is typical now?

Last year when I started it was 103.  During most wanted driver testing it was about 108.   I haven't measured my "normal" ball hitting speed by hit 117 as an after training speed about a month ago.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Last year when I started it was 103.  During most wanted driver testing it was about 108.   I haven't measured my "normal" ball hitting speed by hit 117 as an after training speed about a month ago.  

That's great! Since I started around the same, I hope I can get your results.

We’re a lot closer in swing speed than I thought.

As if I needed another reason to follow your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

19 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Now the bad news... I have started to notice I’m hooking my irons and not getting the distance I was after doing some google work it appears that part of that cause could be to light of shaft.. I went to my fitter and it looks like I’ve out grown my project x catalyst 55 light flex irons and once he put me in a 65 reg flex catalyst .. I gain distance , accuracy and just a total different feel. Looking like my 3 month old irons will be going in for some cosmetic surgery..

Started tinkering with the driver as well and demoed a stiff shaft and I’ll be damned if I did not gain 7 yards off the tee in the sim max 9 degree.. including 3 drives over 245 on the launch monitor. Borrowed the shaft and put it in my sim driver and adjusted to 9.75 and vs the reg at 10.5 I was 6 yards longer on average. Going to revisit my whole bag now this coming weekend.

Anyway, please feel free to ask me anything about the testing and I’ll be happy to try and provide the answer.

So you’ve graduated shaft flexes, can justify new sticks or at least new shafts, and have picked up distance and accuracy...where is the bad news?  (I get it, costs money, just saying...)

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

So you’ve graduated shaft flexes, can justify new sticks or at least new shafts, and have picked up distance and accuracy...where is the bad news?  (I get it, costs money, just saying...)

Sorry, was trying to be funny .. guess it did work. It’s really not bad news I’m f’ing stoked to see the improvement.

The potential extra cost is one thing, but the big thing for me is to find something in a shaft that I’m going to be happy with, and do I stay in graphite or steel. If I’m going to invest in my set I want to be sure I’m getting something I can grow with. Time to research..

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

6 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Sorry, was trying to be funny .. guess it did work. It’s really not bad news I’m f’ing stoked to see the improvement.

The potential extra cost is one thing, but the big thing for me is to find something in a shaft that I’m going to be happy with, and do I stay in graphite or steel. If I’m going to invest in my set I want to be sure I’m getting something I can grow with. Time to research..

Don't worry your humor hit the mark 😁

It's a ringing endorsement for @SuperSpeed Golf that you have to have heavier and stiffer shafts. Congrats on the big improvements so far!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

[quote post="651558"
I find it a little odd that the green and red sticks have been mostly flat and very consistent (right-handed) while there is a lot more variation in the blue stick. Just an observation as I can offer no reason for it to be so. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

My blue stick is the only one that has shown massive jumps as well. It is usually just a few mph shy of my green stick normal swings.

WITB:

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

As a Level 1 blog post is being prepared for the entire group, I thought I’d summarize my experience so far. I am just over 2 weeks into the Level 2 protocol, which adds kneeling swings. Below are some thoughts and data on my journey, so far.

To recap, I started this program with a max driver speed of 102 (min was 93, mean was 96, median was 94). Although I am tracking my progress for every type of swing, both dominant and non-dominant, to keep things shorter, I won’t show them all. If anyone is interest, let me know and I can post and discuss.

Since this is about driver swing speed, we’ll start there.

image.png.c6822dc5de4ba8b6b96dbb2ee66c9126.png

Although there are some peaks and valleys and Level 1 ended poorly, my “after” driver speed is mostly unchanged. I would argue the before speed is what matters since it is the swing that gets taken to the golf course. It did not take long to get to the point that “before” nearly matched “after” with a couple occasions where it exceeded it. As a former higher-speed player, I am wondering if the process of “remembering” speed happens quicker than “retraining” for speed?

How does all this translate to the course? When I filter my Arccos rounds to everything before starting the SS training, here are my Driver stats.

image.png.7057613256d0fb945bca8a83aa971c3b.png

When I filter to only the driver data since I started SuperSpeed:

image.png.6775f3e575f7a5b31e3e2fb6eb3de1b8.png

A smart distance increase of 13 yards is more than a full club less on second shots, while the high end of my range could mean the difference between a gap wedge and a 8 iron. That difference is huge and could easily translate to dramatic improvements in my game, assuming I can figure out how keep the ball in play. If we assume the speed increases also translate to irons, it could be even more beneficial. Here is an example from a few weeks ago that perfectly illustrates the point:

image.png.889a024b3635753cf02bfea4d66bffd3.png

Prior to this drive, the shortest club I ever recall hitting into that green was an 8 iron. Usually it is a 6 or 7 iron. Ignore the 3-putt. 🤬

If you have been following along, you know that almost all of us reported some initial issues with ball-striking/accuracy that appear to have been a by-product of the protocols. I know for me, I developed more of a habit of high flares to the right. This type of shot is my “big miss” anyway, but it happened more often than normal early on. I also topped more tee balls than is typical for me – yes, I do it more than I'd care to admit, but I did it a lot more often in my first few rounds while doing the training. Lately, my ball striking has returned to its normal levels of inconsistency and I’ve figured out what I need to do to keep the ball in play (executing is a different issue, of course), so hopefully those issues are now behind me. Will they resurface with the next jump in speed that is expected? Who knows, but I hope not. There is also the question of tempo. @SuperSpeed Golf has suggested we not worry about tempo and chase the fastest possible swings by including a fast backswing. I have found that when I adopt a “tempo-be-damned” attitude, I tend to end up with slower swings – there are times I can feel I’m fighting myself as I approach the top of my backswing .As someone who struggles with tempo and tends to get quick, I will have to make a concerted effort to focus on good tempo on the course. Over the last few weeks, I have been able to effectively control it, aside from some bad swings.

One other item that has been an unintended benefit for me – the health of my back. For the past 5 years, or so, there has been near constant discomfort/dull pain in my right-side sacroiliac area. I have gone to chiropractors, done a variety of stretches, and started going to the gym regularly with some relief, but there is tightness or degrees of pain after every round of golf. The degrees range from “hey I’m kind of sore” to “holy crap, I’m struggling to get out of my car.” Fortunately, the latter is rare. As I reported in the thread recently, my back feels better than it has in years. I assume it is a combination of the dynamic warm-up and the protocols, but I finally feel like I am able to make a full turn and follow-through without fear of feeling any pain. I’m no medical expert and don’t want to suggest this will help with your back pain, I’m simply reporting my experience, anecdotal as it might be.

Just for the sake of completeness, here are a few charts of the green, blue, and red sticks, both right- and left-handed.

image.png.453d8cddaa06d0e307cf38d5ab58535f.png

image.png.1be48abe998f4565e150e150c9b0c0eb.png

image.png.b45a61490e98847f2379f0d73f158791.png

I find it a little odd that the green and red sticks have been mostly flat and very consistent (right-handed) while there is a lot more variation in the blue stick. Just an observation as I can offer no reason for it to be so. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

TL;DR Summary – SuperSpeed works for me. Proof is in the on-course data.

Fire away with any questions/suggestions you may have.

This is great! So awesome to see it carry out onto the course, and to hear that your back is feeling good!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

For a long time I've been frustrated with big numbers during my SuperSpeed workouts and then less than stellar results on the course. I've been working with my coach to get my driver swing sorted out, and I'm starting to get more confidence in my swing now, and SuperSpeed is definitely paying off.

We've been hot and dry lately, so I'm getting a good chunk of roll, but during this morning's round I recorded drives of 281, 280, 274, 285 and 282 yards. Those are outrageous numbers for me. With the same driver last year, I only recorded four drives all season that topped 270 yards.

The 274-yarder actually hit a tree on the fly, and I suspect it would have rolled out much further if not for that. It was flat out bombed.

Congrats.  I just started Level 2 and am eagerly awaiting signs of a jump to show up on the course myself.  

47 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Ordered a shotscope v3 so it will be fun to start getting some numbers. I have my distances from when I used arccos last year that I’ll be able to use as a comparison

I read the MGS article last night and was thinking about pulling the trigger on that setup.  I have some birthday money and PGA Tour Superstore money......

WITB:

47 minutes ago, edingc said:

For a long time I've been frustrated with big numbers during my SuperSpeed workouts and then less than stellar results on the course. I've been working with my coach to get my driver swing sorted out, and I'm starting to get more confidence in my swing now, and SuperSpeed is definitely paying off.

We've been hot and dry lately, so I'm getting a good chunk of roll, but during this morning's round I recorded drives of 281, 280, 274, 285 and 282 yards. Those are outrageous numbers for me. With the same driver last year, I only recorded four drives all season that topped 270 yards.

The 274-yarder actually hit a tree on the fly, and I suspect it would have rolled out much further if not for that. It was flat out bombed.

Heck yeah bud!!  It is fun to see a bunker or hazard that you need to hit a bomb over to carry it and then to actually do it.  It's so much fun!

WITB:

27 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Fitting Update:

I went in today to do a fitting my driver as pricing for drivers over in Switzerland are very very pricey and rather then paying double I figured it would be good to get a head start on it all and do a fit so that I could potentially move into a new driver. A few things to take note of is that I only had in stock options as the move is soon and I don't have time order something in. I did feel bad for the fitter as they were busy too and he was great, but they were trying to slam fittings in with only one bay open. 
I also want to include a bit of background about my swing - although I don't have any driver swings to post I believe there are some on my youtube channel (apolloshowl) and if not there are plenty of iron swings. Its pretty smooth and although I am not the most consistent it works and I have been putting work in to improve it bit by bit. I will try and find a link or make a new video at some point. 
- I have had a tendency to have a negative AOA which has caused some lost yardage and high spin rates in the past. 
- Swing speed has always been around 98-101 I felt I could maybe ramp it up, but the overall speed may be 105 max and results wouldn't necessary help if I did swing for the fences. 
- Grip is pretty neutral, maybe a hair bias towards the strong side as I use to fight a slice.
- Ball flight is normally a stronger draw, can be a hook or a straight push. That being said I trust my driver and when I do see the flight go right to left I am a bit surprised. That being said I am working on neutralizing it and won't be sad to see a nice fade become the new norm. 
Okay with that out of the way a quick run over the driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 degree lofted to 10 with an Aldila Rogue Max 65 Gram Stiff Shaft. Weight back. Solid performer overall and just a good club, I have hit it well and although it isn't the most forgiving I still love the shape, look at address and the overall performance it provides me. 

Sorry for the long winded intro to this, but I think its all relavent.
I started my warm up and saw some MASSIVE slices. Honestly couldn't say I was overly surprised. I had a bit of a struggle finding a aim point and swing being indoors, that being said after a few swings I did find what I would call my normal swing and hit a few solid drives to give me a baseline. 
I also tried the following drivers- Taylormade SIM/ Sim Max (Best of the bunch, however couldn't find a shaft that would allow for consistent strikes, had longest straightest drives overall)
                                                        - Callaway Mavrick (Second to SIM Max, however again shaft was a issue, only 50 gram shafts)
                                                        - Mizuno ST200  (Lowest spinning of them all, BUT it had to be taped due to no demo so really couldn't accurately see numbers)
                                                        - Cobra Speedzone (good not great performer, solid and had the best shaft option for me, however weighting felt different)

So although I tried a variety of in stock shafts, heads and more we sadly didn't find anything that would be of any real benefit for me. The Epic Sub Zero was still the best shaft head combo and although not the straightest definitely the furthest. Thats the bad news, I really wanted to come out with a new driver, but it just wasn't feasible for me or did it make sense to make the leap to a new one. 

The good news is as follows my swing speed on average for all of those drives 112! a massive increase from previous. Second bit my angle of attack was now 2-3 up! woohoo for me. I do honestly believe that SuperSpeed has a big part in that because the swings are all in the air and not having to focus on hitting a ball. Finally ball speed was up as well on all accounts. Yes the numbers weren't amazing and I didn't have my best day, but I did have several that cracked 300 and found a good reason to stick with my current driver. 

TLDR: Went for fitting, my current driver is the best for me. Swing Speed way up, Ball Speed up and still have a good bit of money in my wallet!

I've always found that ball flight is a little bit exaggerated on simulators.  When I was fit for clubs at Club Champion with Trackman, it was showing massive hooks.  I asked the fitter if this was what was happening and he said, "no, when we go outside you'll see baby draws."  We went outside and sure enough, the purest little 2-5yd draws you've ever seen.  So I wouldn't get too caught up on the slicing on a simulator with driver.  Just my thoughts.  

WITB: