Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

4 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Level 1 Week 5 Training Video is live:

Love the video Definitly looks and sounds faster either way 120 DSS is impressive man 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Hmm Mizunos are only $400 right now....

IMG_20200708_171801.jpg

IMG_20200708_171908.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

51 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Level 1 Week 5 Training Video is live:

Awesome job, great review.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

As a Level 1 blog post is being prepared for the entire group, I thought I’d summarize my experience so far. I am just over 2 weeks into the Level 2 protocol, which adds kneeling swings. Below are some thoughts and data on my journey, so far.
To recap, I started this program with a max driver speed of 102 (min was 93, mean was 96, median was 94). Although I am tracking my progress for every type of swing, both dominant and non-dominant, to keep things shorter, I won’t show them all. If anyone is interest, let me know and I can post and discuss.
Since this is about driver swing speed, we’ll start there.
image.png.c6822dc5de4ba8b6b96dbb2ee66c9126.png
Although there are some peaks and valleys and Level 1 ended poorly, my “after” driver speed is mostly unchanged. I would argue the before speed is what matters since it is the swing that gets taken to the golf course. It did not take long to get to the point that “before” nearly matched “after” with a couple occasions where it exceeded it. As a former higher-speed player, I am wondering if the process of “remembering” speed happens quicker than “retraining” for speed?
How does all this translate to the course? When I filter my Arccos rounds to everything before starting the SS training, here are my Driver stats.
image.png.7057613256d0fb945bca8a83aa971c3b.png
When I filter to only the driver data since I started SuperSpeed:
image.png.6775f3e575f7a5b31e3e2fb6eb3de1b8.png
A smart distance increase of 13 yards is more than a full club less on second shots, while the high end of my range could mean the difference between a gap wedge and a 8 iron. That difference is huge and could easily translate to dramatic improvements in my game, assuming I can figure out how keep the ball in play. If we assume the speed increases also translate to irons, it could be even more beneficial. Here is an example from a few weeks ago that perfectly illustrates the point:
image.png.889a024b3635753cf02bfea4d66bffd3.png
Prior to this drive, the shortest club I ever recall hitting into that green was an 8 iron. Usually it is a 6 or 7 iron. Ignore the 3-putt. 🤬
If you have been following along, you know that almost all of us reported some initial issues with ball-striking/accuracy that appear to have been a by-product of the protocols. I know for me, I developed more of a habit of high flares to the right. This type of shot is my “big miss” anyway, but it happened more often than normal early on. I also topped more tee balls than is typical for me – yes, I do it more than I'd care to admit, but I did it a lot more often in my first few rounds while doing the training. Lately, my ball striking has returned to its normal levels of inconsistency and I’ve figured out what I need to do to keep the ball in play (executing is a different issue, of course), so hopefully those issues are now behind me. Will they resurface with the next jump in speed that is expected? Who knows, but I hope not. There is also the question of tempo. [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] has suggested we not worry about tempo and chase the fastest possible swings by including a fast backswing. I have found that when I adopt a “tempo-be-damned” attitude, I tend to end up with slower swings – there are times I can feel I’m fighting myself as I approach the top of my backswing .As someone who struggles with tempo and tends to get quick, I will have to make a concerted effort to focus on good tempo on the course. Over the last few weeks, I have been able to effectively control it, aside from some bad swings.
One other item that has been an unintended benefit for me – the health of my back. For the past 5 years, or so, there has been near constant discomfort/dull pain in my right-side sacroiliac area. I have gone to chiropractors, done a variety of stretches, and started going to the gym regularly with some relief, but there is tightness or degrees of pain after every round of golf. The degrees range from “hey I’m kind of sore” to “holy crap, I’m struggling to get out of my car.” Fortunately, the latter is rare. As I reported in the thread recently, my back feels better than it has in years. I assume it is a combination of the dynamic warm-up and the protocols, but I finally feel like I am able to make a full turn and follow-through without fear of feeling any pain. I’m no medical expert and don’t want to suggest this will help with your back pain, I’m simply reporting my experience, anecdotal as it might be.
Just for the sake of completeness, here are a few charts of the green, blue, and red sticks, both right- and left-handed.
image.png.453d8cddaa06d0e307cf38d5ab58535f.png
image.png.1be48abe998f4565e150e150c9b0c0eb.png
image.png.b45a61490e98847f2379f0d73f158791.png
I find it a little odd that the green and red sticks have been mostly flat and very consistent (right-handed) while there is a lot more variation in the blue stick. Just an observation as I can offer no reason for it to be so. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
TL;DR Summary – SuperSpeed works for me. Proof is in the on-course data.
Fire away with any questions/suggestions you may have.

Blake, great review . On your back issues I wonder if it's the warm up exercises that are helping your back vs. the kneeling swings.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

43 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Blake, great review . On your back issues I wonder if it's the warm up exercises that are helping your back vs. the kneeling swings.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks. My back started improving before we started the kneeling settings and I'm pretty confident the warm-ups are part of my "cure" too.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Hit some kind of something yesterday with my speeds. Saw new highs of 138 (blue right) 122 (blue left) 134 (red right) 117 (red left) and 132 (driver post). Hopefully this is representing a new jump and now just a good day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Now that is motoring!! Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Hey everyone! I’m new to my golf spy and found this thread super helpful. 

I can’t seem to find a search function, so please just point me in the right direction if this is repetitive. 

What radar/monitor is the best for the super speed sticks? 

The new one has some awesome features but not sure if the normal radar works better. 

6 hours ago, phatcatkev said:

I can’t seem to find a search function, so please just point me in the right direction if this is repetitive. 

The new one has some awesome features but not sure if the normal radar works better. 

Welcome @phatcatkev glad you found this thread useful. We are using the PRGR monitor which is recommended by Superspeed. I guess you could use the new SC300 which doesn't require a ball to capture swing speed. For $200, the PRGR seems to do the job. 

As to the search feature, it's a small box in the upper right  - adjacent to "Streams". I found it works pretty well, although some just use a google search. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Welcome @phatcatkev glad you found this thread useful. We are using the PRGR monitor which is recommended by Superspeed. I guess you could use the new SC300 which doesn't require a ball to capture swing speed. For $200, the PRGR seems to do the job. 

As to the search feature, it's a small box in the upper right  - adjacent to "Streams". I found it works pretty well, although some just use a google search. 

Thanks @tony@CIC! Is the PRGR tough to set up at all? I have used the radar in the past and it is so simple to just set down and go. 

14 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Thanks @tony@CIC! Is the PRGR tough to set up at all? I have used the radar in the past and it is so simple to just set down and go. 

The only real setup is selecting which club you are swinging. I'm not sure if it defaults to driver or last used club since I've only used it for driver. It also works as a launch monitor and will give ball speed and carry distance when actually hitting a ball.

21 hours ago, phatcatkev said:

@phatcatkev welcome aboard! There are three options currently out there. The Swing Speed Radar by Sports Sensors which measures club head speed speed only, the PRGR Launch monitor which measures club head speed, ball speed, smash factor and total/carry distance, and the Swing Caddie SC 200 plus which measures swing speed, ball speed, smash factor and carry distance. You’ll find the PRGR and Swing Caddie more accurate if you want to use it while hitting a ball as well. 

10 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@phatcatkev welcome aboard! There are three options currently out there. The Swing Speed Radar by Sports Sensors which measures club head speed speed only, the PRGR Launch monitor which measures club head speed, ball speed, smash factor and total/carry distance, and the Swing Caddie SC 200 plus which measures swing speed, ball speed, smash factor and carry distance. You’ll find the PRGR and Swing Caddie more accurate if you want to use it while hitting a ball as well. 

Since you put the PRGR behind you, does that make it more challenging to have to look back at it after each swing? 

Seems like the only benefit of the Sports Sensors one is that you can see its readings from address. 

Interesting article that appeared in my Apple news feed this morning. 

https://golf.com/instruction/how-golfer-added-15-mph-clubhead-speed-6-months/

FYI I'll be happy with an 8-10 mph increase. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My coach literally just sent this over...made the choice to buy easy! 

Welcome BTW - we needed another Kev on this thread!

Loved the article.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Finished week 4 of the first protocol.  Finally saw that elusive 120 mph on a green swing, that was pretty cool.  Other good news is that the gyms in MA opened this past Monday, so I'm back on my M-W-F routine; once I get a few weeks there under my belt, hoping to see some gainzzZz.  Been out of sync the last two rounds, but when I have had decent contact, definitely getting more distance - on the Arccos, three drives 200+ each of the last two rounds, only one in the first 5 rounds of the year combined.  I'll never get up to anywhere near where some of you guy can hit it, but if I can get around 220-225 in the next year, I'll be pretty psyched.  

image.png.4c9068505cb842aa4eab19b0b835d59e.png

I going to jump to level 2 on Monday, I did a sort of variation on level 1 for a couple of weeks before "formally" starting back up...besides, I miss the kneeling swings 😉 

Finished week 4 of the first protocol.  Finally saw that elusive 120 mph on a green swing, that was pretty cool.  Other good news is that the gyms in MA opened this past Monday, so I'm back on my M-W-F routine; once I get a few weeks there under my belt, hoping to see some gainzzZz.  Been out of sync the last two rounds, but when I have had decent contact, definitely getting more distance - on the Arccos, three drives 200+ each of the last two rounds, only one in the first 5 rounds of the year combined.  I'll never get up to anywhere near where some of you guy can hit it, but if I can get around 220-225 in the next year, I'll be pretty psyched.  
image.png.4c9068505cb842aa4eab19b0b835d59e.png
I going to jump to level 2 on Monday, I did a sort of variation on level 1 for a couple of weeks before "formally" starting back up...besides, I miss the kneeling swings  

I have to admit that I’m doing better with the kneeling swings the second time around.

I eased into though - just green and feet together for blue and red until i felt ready then added blue and now red, too.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm struggling a bit and to say I'm plateaued is probably an understatement. 

t seen a speed increase on the dominant side - on the other hand (no pun intended), by non dominant swings have caught up and there's little difference in mph between the two. The kneeling swings  are getting better but still well behind. 

Overall I think the move to our new location along with the heat and humidity are taking a toll. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

heat and humidity are taking a toll. 

No doubt. I waited until 9 last night and was still drenched when I got done. Fortunately, looks like it will be cooler tomorrow.

Same for Texas. It’s been hot and humid like crazy:
IMG_6758.PNG

WITB:

Something I played around with today was my swing path. I was curious to see if a more out-to-in path (fade) would pick up better on the PRGR. I usually swing in-to-out.

Driver hit a high of 125mph (2nd fastest I’ve captured on PRGR).

Do most of my fellow testers hit a fade ball flight?

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Something I played around with today was my swing path. I was curious to see if a more out-to-in path (fade) would pick up better on the PRGR. I usually swing in-to-out.

Driver hit a high of 125mph (2nd fastest I’ve captured on PRGR).

Do most of my fellow testers hit a fade ball flight?

Haven't gotten to where I can purposely shape my ball flight yet, mainly pretty straight or a bit of a slice when I try to kill it although I'm getting better at controlling that urge.  

End of the week wrap up video posted tomorrow, but I do feel like I’ve somewhat hit a small wall this week.

I’m overall seeing the green and blue sticks swing speed faster but the yellow I’ve topped out at 102mph.

As I stated last post I feel like I’ve surpassed my light shafts and today got my driver assessed and switched from diamana 60 reg to the Ventus red stiff. I hit 261 yards twice with the ventus out of 5 shots. I’ve never been over 255.

I’m excited for tomorrow morning to take the new driver out for its maiden voyage.

I’m going in Monday afternoon to get my irons re fit.

Personal best drive 262

IMG_3088.JPG

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

New record with the green stick normal swing. Hit 140 and 141mph, a green step-change of 142mph, and blue step-change of 132mph.

Here’s the thing, I was aligned so far left it would be like a 8 or 9 for swing path on Foresight or Trackman. I feel like I’m only able to get high readings if I hit a huge cut path with the PRGR.  Furthermore, I literally got no sleep last night and did not feel "fast" today. 

E85D0A80-D2BE-4C54-8DC6-77227F43E750.jpg

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

For club fitting purposes the best time would be when entering a plateau phase. This is often about 8 weeks in but varies per player. Then sometime after level 2 into Level 3.
Keep in mind that a ball fitting can help too although this is rarely done. 

Just finished level two! Glad I saw this cause I’m going to the fitter today to have some things adjusted. Is there any issue with taking a couple weeks off between protocols?
Also when would you start to incorporate the super speed c?

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>