TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

7 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Just finished level two! Glad I saw this cause I’m going to the fitter today to have some things adjusted. Is there any issue with taking a couple weeks off between protocols?
Also when would you start to incorporate the super speed c?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@twyatt700 no problem taking a break after Level 2. When starting back up at Level 3 most people report their starting speed close to where they left off. If not it Ramos back up pretty quickly. 

The C club is good to add in Level 3 or 4. Before doing that however we would recommend testing yourself on the Advanced Speed Development protocols first when you get into Level 3. Add one of those first if needed before adding the C club 

Not really seeing any increased speed numbers after a few weeks at level 3, but that is expected.  I cannot wait to provide some Shotscope data to spice up this review a bit for your guys.

From what I have seen on the course, the driver distance is up for sure.  And the accuracy issues that I was dealing with at the beginning of training are virtually gone now.

I have noticed that my wedges and scoring irons aren't seeing any increase in distance, but I believe that issue is more due to dynamic loft more than anything else.

7 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Not really seeing any increased speed numbers after a few weeks at level 3, but that is expected.  I cannot wait to provide some Shotscope data to spice up this review a bit for your guys.

From what I have seen on the course, the driver distance is up for sure.  And the accuracy issues that I was dealing with at the beginning of training are virtually gone now.

I have noticed that my wedges and scoring irons aren't seeing any increase in distance, but I believe that issue is more due to dynamic loft more than anything else.

Did you see wayward shots appear just at the very beginning of training, or at a level?  In my own case I was maybe a little off for my first round after starting Level 1, but last week I started Level 2 (adding in the ever popular kneeling swings) and I was really spraying it my last round...lots of blocks in particular.

I have plenty of factors to blame but I'm wondering if SuperSpeed was a partial culprit...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Did you see wayward shots appear just at the very beginning of training, or at a level?  In my own case I was maybe a little off for my first round after starting Level 1, but last week I started Level 2 (adding in the ever popular kneeling swings) and I was really spraying it my last round...lots of blocks in particular.

I have plenty of factors to blame but I'm wondering if SuperSpeed was a partial culprit...

It was right after starting Level 1.  Lots and lots of blocks for sure.  Haven't seen any issues popping up since starting Level 2

Tomorrow will be my last training session for Level 1. On Wednesday I’ll be going to Art Sellingers (Long Drive legend and current commentator on the WLD programming) shop to see my fitter.

We’ll be hitting driver on GCQuad to see where I’m at heading into Level 2!

Speaking of Level 2, here is what I’ll be doing:

IMG_6775.PNG.9bdb0159f33cd0f29234edd2b81e66be.PNG

Hoping to steadily increase and hopefully identify some possible areas of weakness to keep pushing the mph as high as it will go.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

2 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Tomorrow will be my last training session for Level 1. On Wednesday I’ll be going to Art Sellingers (Long Drive legend and current commentator on the WLD programming) shop to se my fitter.

We’ll be hitting driver on GCQuad go see where I’m at heading into Level 2!

Speaking of Level 2, here is what I’ll be doing:

IMG_6775.PNG.9bdb0159f33cd0f29234edd2b81e66be.PNG

Hoping to steadily increase and hopefully identify some possible areas of weakness to keep pushing the mph as high as it will go.

Can't wait to hear how this fitting goes!

Regarding your pending Level 2 training, I'll ask the (maybe ignorant) question....why is your Level 2 so different from the training prescribed on the SuperSpeed site?  Unless I'm mistaken their Level 2 adds in kneeling swings rather than the heel stomp and double step.  Those are at Level 4, and at 5 reps.

I know you've been posting some very high speeds...is this a bit of a custom plan SuperSpeed has fleshed out for you?

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Can't wait to hear how this fitting goes!

Regarding your pending Level 2 training, I'll ask the (maybe ignorant) question....why is your Level 2 so different from the training prescribed on the SuperSpeed site?  Unless I'm mistaken their Level 2 adds in kneeling swings rather than the heel stomp and double step.  Those are at Level 4, and at 5 reps.

I know you've been posting some very high speeds...is this a bit of a custom plan SuperSpeed has fleshed out for you?

I don’t know that I’ll do an actual fitting, I just want to see swing speed and ball speed on a top-tier device.

Good question about level 2 being different from the standard protocol. This comes as a result of my phone call with Kyle of SuperSpeed. We’ve been trying to diagnose whether it is a technique, mobility limitation, etc. that is holding me back from increasing my speeds. It is also possible that the PRGR unit is faulty. The last two sessions I had, I purposefully hit an extreme “cut” swing path and I recorded record speeds with the green stick normal and step change swings. Also hit 125mph with the driver (I couldn’t get it over 120mph for the longest time before and nowhere close to my max one-time speed of 130mph).

Kyle developed this version for me specifically to avoid kneeling swings (I had a back injury early in level 1 and the kneeling swings are the hardest of all the drills on the back and work the least on ground forces).

He is basically fast-tracking me ahead to the more advanced drills because I’m already fast and when you have speed already, sometimes it is very hard to get any more out of the tank.

Hope that answers your questions!

WITB:

2 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

I don’t know that I’ll do an actual fitting, I just want to see swing speed and ball speed on a top-tier device.

Good question about level 2 being different from the standard protocol. This comes as a result of my phone call with Kyle of SuperSpeed. We’ve been trying to diagnose whether it is a technique, mobility limitation, etc. that is holding me back from increasing my speeds. It is also possible that the PRGR unit is faulty. The last two sessions I had, I purposefully hit an extreme “cut” swing path and I recorded record speeds with the green stick normal and step change swings. Also hit 125mph with the driver (I couldn’t get it over 120mph for the longest time before and nowhere close to my max one-time speed of 130mph).

Kyle developed this version for me specifically to avoid kneeling swings (I had a back injury early in level 1 and the kneeling swings are the hardest of all the drills on the back and works the least on ground forces).

He is basically fast-tracking me ahead to the more advanced drills because I’m already fast and when you have speed already, sometimes it is very hard to get any more out of the tank.

It does, and thank you.  Says a lot of the customer service at SuperSpeed that they would spend this much time and effort to work with you too.  

Honestly I kind of wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at the wrong damn website or something!

It does, and thank you.  Says a lot of the customer service at SuperSpeed that they would spend this much time and effort to work with you too.  
Honestly I kind of wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at the wrong damn website or something!

100%. Their customer service is top-notch, best I’ve ever seen. They truly want their customers to use and benefit from their system. They said they do this for anyone who uses their system.

WITB:

27 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Kyle developed this version for me specifically to avoid kneeling swings (I had a back injury early in level 1 and the kneeling swings are the hardest of all the drills on the back and work the least on ground forces).

Interesting.  Wonder if it’s something I should do since I’m not seeing any level 2 gains

Interesting.  Wonder if it’s something I should do since I’m not seeing any level 2 gains

Reach out to Kyle and he can help diagnose.

WITB:

3 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

100%. Their customer service is top-notch, best I’ve ever seen. They truly want their customers to use and benefit from their system. They said they do this for anyone who uses their system.

Absolutely!  I wasn't even an official tester in the 2018 batch, but jumped on the bandwagon after accidentally stumbling across the forum in December '18, and Daisy was kind enough to help me with several questions I had.

4 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Reach out to Kyle and he can help diagnose.

I was planning to reach out to Kyle, depending on what I saw tonight, but I learned something very valuable this evening - when it's hot and humid, I need to bite the bullet and do it shortly after I get home. I had been waiting until 8-8:30 and the results were terrible (after dinner and chill for a while). I thought I was going backwards. The weather was great today so did it early, with positive results, especially left-handed. Right-handed is still mostly stuck so I may reach out anyway. Maybe there is something mechanical that is just off a bit preventing any increases.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I was planning to reach out to Kyle, depending on what I saw tonight, but I learned something very valuable this evening - when it's hot and humid, I need to bite the bullet and do it shortly after I get home. I had been waiting until 8-8:30 and the results were terrible (after dinner and chill for a while). I thought I was going backwards. The weather was great today so did it early, with positive results, especially left-handed. Right-handed is still mostly stuck so I may reach out anyway. Maybe there is something mechanical that is just off a bit preventing any increases.

If I wait too late in the day it sucks as well. Just don’t have the energy the later it gets. If you don’t regularly exercise in the evening, your body is likely setting its internal clock to “wind down mode”, rather than “get freaking fast” mode.

WITB:

Wrapped up my shaft fitting yesterday and have decided to go back to a steel shaft from the graphite. Was playing a light catalyst 55 and now in a kbs max 80 reg. 5 mph plus additional ball speed and a grouping of shots that I’ve never seen before. My instructor/fitter remarked on the significant difference in speed and distance. A couple other fitters also remarked on how much speed I’ve gained. Walked out of the store feeling pretty positive.
I’ve gone from hitting my 7 iron 130 to 160 yards in a matter of a few months.

I’m not giving all the credit to this program , I’ve worked hard on fitness, endurance training and also lessons and swing practice. But this program certainly has helped.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

4 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Wrapped up my shaft fitting yesterday and have decided to go back to a steel shaft from the graphite. Was playing a light catalyst 55 and now in a kbs max 80 reg. 5 mph plus additional ball speed and a grouping of shots that I’ve never seen before. My instructor/fitter remarked on the significant difference in speed and distance. A couple other fitters also remarked on how much speed I’ve gained. Walked out of the store feeling pretty positive.
I’ve gone from hitting my 7 iron 130 to 160 yards in a matter of a few months.

I’m not giving all the credit to this program , I’ve worked hard on fitness, endurance training and also lessons and swing practice. But this program certainly has helped.

Congrats, those are huge gains!

Level 1 completed!

Finished with a max driver swing of 126mph today (multiple times) and hit a green normal dominant side swing of 141mph again.

Tomorrow is my visit to my fitter so I'm interested to see what this looks like in real-time while hitting balls.

It feels so good to swing freely without fear of hurting my back again.  Can you imagine what Tiger was going through?  Insane...

IMG_6783.JPG

WITB:

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Wrapped up my shaft fitting yesterday and have decided to go back to a steel shaft from the graphite. 

More of a curiosity questions,  but why the switch back to steel?  I am looking to go to the other way and switch from steel to graphite. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

More of a curiosity questions,  but why the switch back to steel?  I am looking to go to the other way and switch from steel to graphite. 

Dispersion , feel and flight. The dispersion circle on the gc quad at the fitting was super tight vs the other shaft. I tried the catalyst 65 graphite and it was good, but the steel just felt amazing. The fitter felt like with the potential of me continuing to get faster I also have some room to grow in these shafts.

Dispersion was amazing.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

57 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Dispersion , feel and flight. The dispersion circle on the gc quad at the fitting was super tight vs the other shaft. I tried the catalyst 65 graphite and it was good, but the steel just felt amazing. The fitter felt like with the potential of me continuing to get faster I also have some room to grow in these shafts.

Dispersion was amazing.

I know this is off topic but how many/what graphite shafts did you try?   

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I know this is off topic but how many/what graphite shafts did you try?   

I can get you a list, going to my fitter tomorrow again. I tried the project x catalyst 65 and 75. There were at least 2 more. I was trying to keep track. I’ll get you more info.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Been a bit since a update and I wont be doing a full update till after week 6 and I will combine weeks 5/6 together. However I have two smaller updates
First being I FOUND SOME SPEEED!
IMG_20200714_184700.jpg.284eff25c706448e9182bef1e48a3cb6.jpg
I honestly thought it was a mistake so I went again and nope hit 136, then moved to a new spot incase I was in a spot where grass or something got in the way and hit 137 again. Keep in mind this was with the green stick in the final max swings. So bottom line the speed is fast and its coming in full force!
Second was I got the PRGR launch monitor in from [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] (thank you for shipping that out!) and for the sake of consistency I will be using the Swing Speed Radar for the remainder, but will also set up the PRGR to see the different. 
What I noticed wasn't too much, both were similar with a bit of variance in the PRGR, BUT it was my first time using it and still getting use to the setup and how it works. 
Have a couple rounds of golf booked for this week so we'll see how far some of these drives go! 

I see you Flash!

WITB:

Did someone mention hot and humid and wilting? Man I about died today doing my workout. Had nothing left at the end.

On a positive note I had a nice 7 yard jump in driver carry on the Rapsodo on Sunday. Averaged 227 carry on 10 drives - run out is always difficult to tell but I’m anxious to play on Friday afternoon and see where that leaves me.

This time of year carry is king down here. I’m launching it between 14.5 and 15.5 which is great. Solid LPGA like numbers - not bad. Not as consistent as them of course. I know better, been on the range with Brittany Lincicome enough.

She was a plus 4 playing from the tips at our club when she was a member - that’s playing from 7200 yards for those low single digit guys who think that moron who said a 4 handicap guy would shoot in the 60’s and compete playing from their tees.

Those ladies can golf their ball.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Excited for my first round in over two weeks on Thursday and I’ll officially have my shotscope v3 with me to start distance tracking 
playing one of my home courses that I haven’t played since beginning super speed training  so I’m very familiar with where I normally am off the tee and excited to see if I give myself shorter approach shots  

Enjoy!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm feeling guilty because I've been off of SuperSpeed for the past week because of our move to a new place. Should be back into it tomorrow! . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm feeling guilty because I've been off of SuperSpeed for the past week because of our move to a new place. Should be back into it tomorrow! . 

Don’t feel bad, this is real life and how people go through the program. We miss days or even weeks

For those who have seen a fitter after stage 1, what kind of ball speed differences were you seeing?

WITB: