TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Left handed, slow swing speed tester-  Yellow, green , Blue   sticks.  

Felt good on "wrap up sunday" , played 18 in the morning and felt great , drove the ball very well. kind of a tale of 2 nine's --  front 9 I averaged 224 off the tee,  turned the corner on the back 9 and went 247,247,238,239, 249,  221....  that last one was me trying to push the accelerator through the floor board. Back 9 average minus the ugly one.. 244 yards.  

Looking at my arccos data , 224 is amount the norm ,  the 244 got me excited, it felt repeatable based on the focus I am putting on ball striking right now after my last lesson where set up and watching the club hit the ball and not pulling up to see how far i hit it and topping it. 

Now to the superspeed-  like most on here I feel somewhat stuck at 102/103 mph with the yellow stick, why I am not as concerned is I am seeing upticks in the green and blue sticks , got the green stick up to 100 mph on first set of swings sunday for the first time ever. got the blue into the 90's for the first time ever on "normal" swings. 

If I were not seeing gains on the course off the tee and also with the irons i would be a bit more concerned. I am very happy with how things are progressing utilizing the super speed system along with continuing my lessons as well as a fitness routine. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Reminder to myself: DON"T do 2 sets of protocols in one day - my back will thank me! 

I'm constantly yelling at myself to not pickup a club and swing more after doing a workout in the afternoon. 

"But I feel so fast, I just want to swing!" my mind says. 🤦‍♂️

I can only imagine how tight I would feel after doing 2 sessions in one day! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

51 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'm constantly yelling at myself to not pickup a club and swing more after doing a workout in the afternoon. 

"But I feel so fast, I just want to swing!" my mind says. 🤦‍♂️

I can only imagine how tight I would feel after doing 2 sessions in one day! 

I could not imagine doing this twice in one day..  I am drained after one session. 

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Here is a side-by-side of a swing from last week (left) and last night (right). Backswing is quite a bit faster. [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] - is that fast enough or should I try to go even faster?

[/url] Based on the image [mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] posted from Rahm's post, I tried to tilt the radar a little bit last night. The results were much more consistent with a lot fewer "false ball speeds". Give it a shot if you are seeing strange things.

The faster backswing actually doesn’t look all that fast to me. It looks like a good tempo. It shows you how slow the prior version of your backswing actually was.

Most tour players’ backswing is much faster than we realize. It’s not until you put them side by side with an amateur’s swing that you realize just how fast it is.

I have a book called ‘Tour Tempo’ that discusses this.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

3 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

The faster backswing actually doesn’t look all that fast to me. It looks like a good tempo. It shows you how slow the prior version of your backswing actually was.

Excellent point. I'm guessing that over the years, since tempo is a near-constant struggle, I've subconsciously substituted speed for tempo, thinking slower speed = better tempo. I'll have to hit the range before league tonight and see what happens with a faster backswing. I'm willing to make a bet the first driver I hit will be a high flare.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Excellent point. I'm guessing that over the years, since tempo is a near-constant struggle, I've subconsciously substituted speed for tempo, thinking slower speed = better tempo. I'll have to hit the range before league tonight and see what happens with a faster backswing. I'm willing to make a bet the first driver I hit will be a high flare.

Yeah compare your swings to a tour player. You’ll see how much closer to their speed your “fast” backswing is. Fast is always a relative concept given what you are used to.

WITB:

On 7/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, MaxEntropy said:

I was quite a bit "fresher" today than I was Saturday. Focussing on fast backswing worked well! All 3 of the first set of swings with the green stick were above 120, which is a first for me. Even though it's cooler today, it was still hot and I started losing speed.  Then I realized my rain gloves were nearly soaked with sweat, so I ran and grabbed a normal glove from my basement for the final 5 driver swings: 117, 111, 116, 115, and 111. I've hit 115 before, but but don't thinks I've ever had more than 1 swing above 111 or 112. I took a video of the first swings and will try to do a side-by-side with a swing from last week to see how much faster the backswing is. I'll post it tomorrow.

@MaxEntropy great to hear that the faster backswings worked! 

3 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy great to hear that the faster backswings worked! 

Yesterday was the first day on the course with an intentionally faster backswing and the results were shockingly good - I still have issues to resolve but the two-way miss was gone, at least for the limited number of driving holes.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, MaxEntropy said:

Here is a side-by-side of a swing from last week (left) and last night (right). Backswing is quite a bit faster. @SuperSpeed Golf - is that fast enough or should I try to go even faster?

Based on the image @ChasingScratch posted from Rahm's post, I tried to tilt the radar a little bit last night. The results were much more consistent with a lot fewer "false ball speeds". Give it a shot if you are seeing strange things.

@MaxEntropy so much better here! You’re basically at impact now when you were just finishing the backswing before. Try to maintain that backswing speed or slightly faster.

Here is a good look at the swing change Bryson made with the speed of his backswing. What a huge difference. 

2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy so much better here! You’re basically at impact now when you were just finishing the backswing before. Try to maintain that backswing speed or slightly faster.

Here is a good look at the swing change Bryson made with the speed of his backswing. What a huge difference. 

Exactly.  Want to go faster, move faster LOL.  Seems stupidly simple, but hey.  Think about how our brains work.  If we tell our bodies to move slow and then all of a sudden want to move fast, those are two conflicting ideas.  So thinking of a slow back swing would be counter-productive if maximum speed is the goal. I'm not saying we need to throw it back as fast as Bryson, but he is obviously at the extremes of human capacity. 

Here is an example of the Tour Tempo book:

When you first start with the metronomes, it feel's crazy fast if you already have a "slower" back swing, but you get the feeling pretty quickly. 

Here is an example of the 3/1 tempos discussed in the book:

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

On 7/20/2020 at 5:21 AM, ChasingScratch said:

Here is something interesting: if you go to SuperSpeed’s Instagram page, one of their most recent posts is of John Rahm swinging the sticks. Here is how he has the PRGR set up:

IMG_6860.PNG.9e56126f2e9fff6d29364bb34d6da966.PNG

It looks like it’s pointed down at almost 90*. I’m starting level 2 today, so I’m going to play around with that.

Nice find! I couldn’t get the PRGR pointed at my front foot to work well. Kept getting interference readings. I’ll give this a shot too!

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Nice find! I couldn’t get the PRGR pointed at my front foot to work well. Kept getting interference readings. I’ll give this a shot too!

Yeah I don’t really know what else to say on the PRGR. Some days if seems to work better than others (no matter where I point/put it).

I do know for a fact that my swing speed while hitting driver on GC Quad was never below 121mph and often 123-124mph (after level 1). So when I swing driver on PRGR and consistently hit 119 or less, it’s reading slow.

But at least I now have a point of reference. Just wish I had been able to do my proper pre-test (DAMN YOU CORONA!!!!).

WITB:

16 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Yeah I don’t really know what else to say on the PRGR. Some days if seems to work better than others (no matter where I point/put it).

I do know for a fact that my swing speed while hitting driver on GC Quad was never below 121mph and often 123-124mph (after level 1). So when I swing driver on PRGR and consistently hit 119 or less, it’s reading slow.

But at least I now have a point of reference. Just wish I had been able to do my proper pre-test (DAMN YOU CORONA!!!!).

Agreed. Consistent reference is fine with me, but some days it definitely seems slow.

Level 2, week 2 is in the books.  Due to my schedule this week, just two sessions.  A little interesting in that the green sticks were down a lot (to where I was the very first week), blue down almost as much, but second fastest week yet with red.  Also, I've been taking 3 swings with the driver (no ball) at the very end, and 4 of those 6 swings this have been 95 or 96 - mostly I've been in the 86 - 89 range (with the occasion 91 or 92) up to this point - very encouraging.  That would be my goal speed with a ball and that is starting to seem attainable.

Unfortunately, my last 3 rounds have been a real struggle all around, just feeling out of sync.  Topping lots of iron shots, hitting toe and heal shots with the driver, although when I hit it well, getting more distance than I used to, so that's a positive.  Hey, it ain't easy keeping that handicap so high 😉 

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

You guys are famous!

htt

ps://twitt

Nice article!

14 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

@ChasingScratch @zrumble thanks to you both for trying to get the PRGR set up correct. Unfortunately there are only really three options out there that measure speed without a ball and the PRGR is the most accurate we have found. Sometimes it helps to remember that it is a $200 retail unit and does very well at that price point but expectations often exceed that. Everyone seems to be different as to where the best position is but we have seen behind the ball about 4 feet seemingly work best. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@ChasingScratch @zrumble thanks to you both for trying to get the PRGR set up correct. Unfortunately there are only really three options out there that measure speed without a ball and the PRGR is the most accurate we have found. Sometimes it helps to remember that it is a $200 retail unit and does very well at that price point but expectations often exceed that. Everyone seems to be different as to where the best position is but we have seen behind the ball about 4 feet seemingly work best. 

Definitely not a hit on the SuperSpeed system! As an engineer who works on product test, sometimes I get hung up on trying to make it perfect... 

hey guys - article went up on the main blog yesterday and it might be worth it to check out the comments from some of the readers.
https://mygolfspy.com/superspeed-member-testing-in-progress-update/

You're big time now! Congrats. 😉

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

18 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Nice article!

+1

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I probably shouldn't have bothered doing to protocols last night. Swing felt fine and temperature was good (low 80's), but an afternoon shower rolled through as I was driving home from work. I waited until I thought our deck was dry, but apparently it was still a little damp, so not a ton of grip. Also, when I checked weather after finishing, humidity was at 88%. My wife looked at me when I came back in the house and said "do not touch anything or sit on anything, go straight to the shower." My rain gloves plus two normal gloves were soaked, so my grip didn't feel secure after the first dozen swings, or so, even though I was rotating gloves after almost every set.

The speeds weren't awful, they just didn't quite get to what I was expecting. I assume doing the sessions in these circumstances is still beneficial, though. I was also trying to speed up my backswing a tick more, but found the timing more difficult for the stomp. I don't know if it was more the backswing speed or the damp deck limiting push off from back foot, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Week 6 Wrap up: 
IMG_20200627_170800.jpg.c0f4d6c907f69b6c7c356d472fda0ba1.jpg
Now that the MGS article is out I can now complete my wrap up on my personal 6 week journey. Get ready for lots of charts, pictures and more!

I want to say without question I am a believer in this system, I have been out for a few rounds the last week and only managed one round with Arccos data. I can't say that I am longer then before because my strike pattern is all over the place, however my gapping between my shortest and longest has improved greatly. 

IMG_20200627_170513.jpg.206c57f53eca79501649bbf6e7321575.jpg
Many of you have seen that I went for a driver fitting and did see some big gains in swings speed as I was hoping, but didn't manage to find a club shaft that would be suitable for me that was readily available so I went onto another option!
IMG_20200627_170205.jpg.56cc5ce1a23f48b5509b003acbd0684f.jpg

Being as I am Canadian I have really enjoyed and taken a lot of stock in TXG and what they offer and provide not only as a free platform, but there other membership options. So I took the Gold Membership and tossed all my data and numbers at them to see what they thought was best. Arccos, Swing Speed sticks and the likes, their recommendation was the G410 with the stock tour stiff shaft. Which will definitely be a item I keep on my short list. Other options included the TM SIM Max with a HZRDOUS Green 65. Basically based off my data the items they would recommend the most are a heavier head with a counter balance shaft to help me control the club face. 
IMG_20200627_170543.jpg.5f8ea2d7ff04890b87573e6e3fe050ab.jpg

The one big take away they noted from my data was there was a big two way miss. Now this isn't something I see a lot on the course and the last couple rounds I have consistently had a pretty significant draw. Nothing uncontrollable, but the big left miss is definitely there as well. 

What does all this have to do with Superspeed though, well as I have stated in a earlier post I found that because the swings do not involve hitting a ball it has helped with my angle of attack. I have always been a bit on the steep side and that has effected my driver distance. After these last number of weeks and sessions and seeing the club data I am consistently about 3 degrees up which for me is a big win. My spin rates have come down overall because of that to. I really like that I am swinging fast and even my slower swings are very quick. With all of this I am not loosing control on my irons or having issues there, but rather feeling I can attack the higher range of my distances per Arccos and for the first time in well I don't know how long I am not having those same consistent issues of coming up short on approaches. Yes I have flown a few greens, but its a change I can get use to. 

No the data! Once again I am not including step change in these graphs, however if wanted just ask and I'll make them up.

1235134848_SwingSpeedBeforeandAfter.png.5d8bac005e4c3750e3f54391739d4870.png

As you can see the baseline (Pinky color) for my swing speed is seeing considerable gains and although my after (orange) driver swings have seen some ups and downs they are now at a level the last couple weeks which is much more consistent and I really do feel a lot faster.
740679918_GreenSticks.png.c6f11dda8f0de66e8f207ac359e17944.png

Green we have 3. Light Green is the absolute Max after protocols, Mid Green is LH swings, darker green is RH Swings. Similar the previous chart ups and downs, however the base line is definitely increasing and the last week and a bit swing speed has without question picked up and my RH swings are picking up as well!
158747363_BlueSticks(1).png.89f19100fa5414bed1517455849e16fd.png

Blue has been a weird one for me. There are days where it feels as fast as the greens and others as slow as red. I have noticed a few other testers mention the same thing so not entirely sure what it is, but even with that I am still confident with where I see the trends going think I have reached a point where the speed is a lot more permanent. Light blue LH Darker Blue RH.
596006901_RedSticks.png.bee7f912b8e0d29a77461c1a9b39d9ee.png

Reds! same LH swings are higher and RH swings are lower. 
I have to admit the reds are work, they feel heavy and they are tiring, the RH swings with the Red sticks are difficult and sometimes I am honestly gassed and give it my all to get those speeds, but sometimes they just are not there. I have a good routine to make sure that I have enough time to feel fresh, but the protocol is a good amount of work and the heavy sticks well are heavy! Still the base line has jumped up and there is undoubtedly there is a trend upwards. 

I am hopeful to get another 2 rounds in this weekend/week and give some better Arccos data to show everyone. 

Thats a wrap for now... and so begins the second set of protocols and kneeling swings...

IMG_20200627_170336.jpg.f67ed8fd9c7fa029c77fd84152efb684.jpg

IMG_20200627_170231.jpg

IMG_20200627_170444.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Other side note when I was playing last weekend I had go at a right handed drive. The quote from my playing partners was the following

B- 8/10 swing and setup, 1/10 result
A- I didn't even realize you were swinging the wrong way...till I saw where the ball went.

So apparently the swing looks okay and it did feel good, however the hole making contact with the ball was a little troublesome. Ball went about 30 to 40 yards of the heel up the left and into the woods. So I think with some practice it could be a lot better, but my left handed game needs work too so I'll wait and work on that before I go full into working on RH swings. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Week 6 Wrap up: 
IMG_20200627_170800.jpg.c0f4d6c907f69b6c7c356d472fda0ba1.jpg
Now that the MGS article is out I can now complete my wrap up on my personal 6 week journey. Get ready for lots of charts, pictures and more!

I want to say without question I am a believer in this system, I have been out for a few rounds the last week and only managed one round with Arccos data. I can't say that I am longer then before because my strike pattern is all over the place, however my gapping between my shortest and longest has improved greatly. 

IMG_20200627_170513.jpg.206c57f53eca79501649bbf6e7321575.jpg
Many of you have seen that I went for a driver fitting and did see some big gains in swings speed as I was hoping, but didn't manage to find a club shaft that would be suitable for me that was readily available so I went onto another option!
IMG_20200627_170205.jpg.56cc5ce1a23f48b5509b003acbd0684f.jpg

Being as I am Canadian I have really enjoyed and taken a lot of stock in TXG and what they offer and provide not only as a free platform, but there other membership options. So I took the Gold Membership and tossed all my data and numbers at them to see what they thought was best. Arccos, Swing Speed sticks and the likes, their recommendation was the G410 with the stock tour stiff shaft. Which will definitely be a item I keep on my short list. Other options included the TM SIM Max with a HZRDOUS Green 65. Basically based off my data the items they would recommend the most are a heavier head with a counter balance shaft to help me control the club face. 
IMG_20200627_170543.jpg.5f8ea2d7ff04890b87573e6e3fe050ab.jpg

The one big take away they noted from my data was there was a big two way miss. Now this isn't something I see a lot on the course and the last couple rounds I have consistently had a pretty significant draw. Nothing uncontrollable, but the big left miss is definitely there as well. 

What does all this have to do with Superspeed though, well as I have stated in a earlier post I found that because the swings do not involve hitting a ball it has helped with my angle of attack. I have always been a bit on the steep side and that has effected my driver distance. After these last number of weeks and sessions and seeing the club data I am consistently about 3 degrees up which for me is a big win. My spin rates have come down overall because of that to. I really like that I am swinging fast and even my slower swings are very quick. With all of this I am not loosing control on my irons or having issues there, but rather feeling I can attack the higher range of my distances per Arccos and for the first time in well I don't know how long I am not having those same consistent issues of coming up short on approaches. Yes I have flown a few greens, but its a change I can get use to. 

No the data! Once again I am not including step change in these graphs, however if wanted just ask and I'll make them up.

1235134848_SwingSpeedBeforeandAfter.png.5d8bac005e4c3750e3f54391739d4870.png

As you can see the baseline (Pinky color) for my swing speed is seeing considerable gains and although my after (orange) driver swings have seen some ups and downs they are now at a level the last couple weeks which is much more consistent and I really do feel a lot faster.
740679918_GreenSticks.png.c6f11dda8f0de66e8f207ac359e17944.png

Green we have 3. Light Green is the absolute Max after protocols, Mid Green is LH swings, darker green is RH Swings. Similar the previous chart ups and downs, however the base line is definitely increasing and the last week and a bit swing speed has without question picked up and my RH swings are picking up as well!
158747363_BlueSticks(1).png.89f19100fa5414bed1517455849e16fd.png

Blue has been a weird one for me. There are days where it feels as fast as the greens and others as slow as red. I have noticed a few other testers mention the same thing so not entirely sure what it is, but even with that I am still confident with where I see the trends going think I have reached a point where the speed is a lot more permanent. Light blue LH Darker Blue RH.
596006901_RedSticks.png.bee7f912b8e0d29a77461c1a9b39d9ee.png

Reds! same LH swings are higher and RH swings are lower. 
I have to admit the reds are work, they feel heavy and they are tiring, the RH swings with the Red sticks are difficult and sometimes I am honestly gassed and give it my all to get those speeds, but sometimes they just are not there. I have a good routine to make sure that I have enough time to feel fresh, but the protocol is a good amount of work and the heavy sticks well are heavy! Still the base line has jumped up and there is undoubtedly there is a trend upwards. 

I am hopeful to get another 2 rounds in this weekend/week and give some better Arccos data to show everyone. 

Thats a wrap for now... and so begins the second set of protocols and kneeling swings...

IMG_20200627_170336.jpg.f67ed8fd9c7fa029c77fd84152efb684.jpg

IMG_20200627_170231.jpg

IMG_20200627_170444.jpg

Thanks for the detailed review!  I have been looking at this for a while and your comment on iron consistency and being more confident in attacking with longer irons (a weakness for me) was really helpful!

:titelist-small: Titleist 917 D w/ Diamana Blue S 

:nike-small: VR 4-Wood w/ Diamana Red

:nike-small: Vapor 3-4 Hybrid w/ Stock Diamana Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S

:cleveland-small: RTX 50° w/ S400

:nike-small:  VR Forged 54°, 58° w/ S400

:scotty-small: Studio Select 1.5 w/ Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:bridgestone-small: BXS

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1C

Another week of testing wrapped up and continuing to see small gains through the protocol and on the course.

Speeds seem to be holding steady / stalled around 103mph with the yellow stick, and reaching 100 occasionally with the green.

I have started to become somewhat concerned with the poor form that is creeping into my swing on courses the last few weeks. Really trying not to overthink the drive but it’s getting tougher as I really want to mash the accelerator but that is leading to wayward shots. Just another wrinkle in the game.

Still keen and excited for the progress made up to date and think the real benefit will he in the winter for me when there is no golf for months.

Edit to add some data from Arccos, noticed in the blog post a lot of folks were asking about results or gains made from the super speed testing. 

Fairways hit is a significant improvement for me, even after complaining above that I am struggling with form. GIR is up from last year , I believe I was just under 25% , the leaving it short is something I keep focusing on. My round yesterday I hit 39% GIR but left 72% short. I keep trying to pull one more club.

image.png.cf9391c0068fdb597f9b69741fd85edb.png

image.png.9bc127bcf926369bbade1d54671d852d.png

image.png

Edited by Jbmullin
added pictures

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

@SuperSpeed Golf @ChasingScratch I think I've put the PRGR problem to bed. Repeatable results for my personal swing, by laying it directly on the ground on a slightly upwards lie, directly behind the ball per SuperSpeed's instructions only gave me two questionable readings all day. Thanks to both of you for all the help, and I hope we have helped other MGS'ers. 

On a separate unofficial-tester note, I seem to be maxing out my potential at the moment. I just can't get my real driver swings to get over 111-112mph. Occasionally I am super warmed up and having a great day, and I see a number like 117 pop up on the display; however, those are few and far between. I know I'm using ground reaction forces because I am digging a trench that I keep filling in where I take my stance, and I have probably too much lag on the downswing. Also, I just got a new coach whose teaching style I really enjoy, and we are working on just a few tweaks to make my swing easier on my body. I used to drop the club way inside then back my head and shoulder up to create room at impact, making my spine angle would tilt further away from target at impact than address. This is especially the case with the driver. This creates the famous reverse-C and some serious soreness if you hammer away at range balls for a few hours. We are working on more of a cut feel, and more rotation forward and around (NOT FOR EVERYONE... especially if you come over the top). Its a really minor swing change for me, but its a swing change nonetheless so I don't think I have that motor pattern finely tuned yet. 

All my irons continue to fly incrementally further with less effort, a silky PW goes 148 yards... but those gains have really slowed, and I'm comfortable where they are. Today I was swinging 80% and hitting laser beams at pins (almost knocked over 4-5) from what used to be full-effort distance.

[mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] [mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] I think I've put the PRGR problem to bed. Repeatable results for my personal swing, by laying it directly on the ground on a slightly upwards lie, directly behind the ball per SuperSpeed's instructions only gave me two questionable readings all day. Thanks to both of you for all the help, and I hope we have helped other MGS'ers. 
On a separate unofficial-tester note, I seem to be maxing out my potential at the moment. I just can't get my real driver swings to get over 111-112mph. Occasionally I am super warmed up and having a great day, and I see a number like 117 pop up on the display; however, those are few and far between. I know I'm using ground reaction forces because I am digging a trench that I keep filling in where I take my stance, and I have probably too much lag on the downswing. Also, I just got a new coach whose teaching style I really enjoy, and we are working on just a few tweaks to make my swing easier on my body. I used to drop the club way inside then back my head and shoulder up to create room at impact, making my spine angle would tilt further away from target at impact than address. This is especially the case with the driver. This creates the famous reverse-C and some serious soreness if you hammer away at range balls for a few hours. We are working on more of a cut feel, and more rotation forward and around (NOT FOR EVERYONE... especially if you come over the top). Its a really minor swing change for me, but its a swing change nonetheless so I don't think I have that motor pattern finely tuned yet. 
All my irons continue to fly incrementally further with less effort, a silky PW goes 148 yards... but those gains have really slowed, and I'm comfortable where they are. Today I was swinging 80% and hitting laser beams at pins (almost knocked over 4-5) from what used to be full-effort distance.

I am very much like you in my swing and what I fight. My driver angle of attack is always at least 2.5* up and I’ve hit up as much as 5-6 on GC Quad. Definitely leads to a sore lead side oblique if you hit balls for any extended period of time.

WITB:

3 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I am very much like you in my swing and what I fight. My driver angle of attack is always at least 2.5* up and I’ve hit up as much as 5-6 on GC Quad. Definitely leads to a sore lead side oblique if you hit balls for any extended period of time.

It is so hard to not kick that left hip out and drop down under the plane! 
But PRGR made a liar out of me tonight on a quiet Sunday evening range session. 5 swings in a row of 116mph clubhead speed. Just got amped up a bit, got the heart rate up, then really threw the club back HARD. Contact was not good, but sustaining a new PB for a few minutes was worth it. 

Edited by zrumble

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to combine the superspeed training protocol and the orange whip training? Would they compliment each other or somehow counteract? Would it be wise to use both on the same day or to alternate? I guess the overall goal would be to get the speed improvements from the superspped and the tempo/balance benefits of the orange whip.

*Equipment Free Agent*

:callaway-small:    Rogue 10.5° - Aldila Synergy 50 Stiff

:callaway-small:    Rogue 17° 4 wood - Aldila Synergy 60 Stiff

:ping-small:   G25 20° Hybrid - TFC 189 R-Flex

:mizuno-small:    JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-PW - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite Steel

:cleveland-small:    RTX-4 50°, 54°, 58° - 9° Bounce - Dynamic Gold S400

:taylormade-small:   TP Z Milled 56° SW - 12° Bounce - KBS Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:   TP Black Copper Collection Ardmore 3 - Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour 1.0 Putter Grip - Jumbo

:titelist-small:  TOUR SOFT or Pro V1X

GARMIN - APPROACH S60 GPS WATCH

4 hours ago, BLW15 said:

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to combine the superspeed training protocol and the orange whip training? Would they compliment each other or somehow counteract? Would it be wise to use both on the same day or to alternate? I guess the overall goal would be to get the speed improvements from the superspped and the tempo/balance benefits of the orange whip.

That's something I would be interested in understanding as well!  I think I would alternate, but not sure if that's best.