TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Hello all, I've had a great time reading the first 35 pages of posts today.  I'm in my late 60s and have lost a lot of clubhead speed in the last couple of years. I swung my driver with just a Swing Speed Radar a few weeks ago and was shocked to learn my clubhead speed on those swings was in the high 70s. I also have a Flightscope LM and looked up swings from two years back. My 9 iron was in the high 70s at that time. So, I recently got the SuperSpeed sticks and I am on week 2 or protocol 1.  I bought a Swing Speed Radar when I bought the sticks, but I haven't been disciplined about writing down my results. I think my dominant step swings have been high 80s and my dominant regular swings have been 85-86 mph with the blue club so far.

Recently, I found  a paper by par4success with research showing overspeed training with just one stick, the blue one is more effective with faster and greater overall results. I've read something similar from TPI as well.

Has anyone come across data like this? I wonder if @SuperSpeed Golf would like to comment of discuss this?

Here's a link to the par4success white paper

It looks like a good day to play golf!

I was chasing the weather tonight - I knew rain was coming and the first few drops hit me while I was finishing up the last driver swings. It was the fastest I've ever made it through all the swings and I felt like I was going to pass out when I finished. Numbers were good again. Final driver swings were 114, 116, 117, 116, and 114 and hit 126 with green stick in its final round. Before driver swings were a little lower than they have been the last week, but about even with where it has been earlier in this protocol.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Slow swing speed category - yellow/green/blue speed sticks.

Last week of level 2 wrapped up and seeing similar numbers as the
last few weeks , not complaining but hoping the next level a can get over the hurdle.

Been golfing a lot and really seeing some significant gains with most clubs not just driver, but the driver is making me happy. Reaching 235-240 more frequently and put one out in “position A” on the 18th hole yesterday at 261 yards, second longest drive to date.

The longer drives are really taking the long irons/fairway/hybrid out of my hands, I had 2 birdies in my round yesterday and one this morning. Going driver- 7 iron or shorter makes such a massive difference.

Using arccos I can see my club usage and due to lack of use it allowed me the opportunity to add in another wedge and a rescue as I’ve take out my 3 wood and 3 hybrid.

Distance off the tee is making golf more enjoyable, massive thanks to MGS and super speed.

As always let me know is there is anything that you want to see or know .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

51 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Last week of level 2 wrapped up and seeing similar numbers as the

Level 2 is 8 weeks, no? Or have you finished 8 already?

Level 2 is 8 weeks, no? Or have you finished 8 already?

Dang it maybe so, I can’t access the spreadsheet to update speeds from my phone so I’ll have to check tomorrow when I update it.

I’m sure your right, My mistake

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Fix me!
http://

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Alright @SuperSpeed Golf consider me in on the posting my swing video. Be nice haha. 

Nice yard dude!! Tank tops add at least 5mph. Trust me, I know from extensive experience.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Fix me! http:// [/url]

Since I was correct with cnosil, I’ll give a shot with yours.

IMG_6953.PNG.452bd9b3f16756009e483514f912c74a.PNG

Here in the backswing, your trail leg and knee are bent quite a bit as opposed to braced more like a fence post.

IMG_6954.PNG.44625789b42969606c2c532d0d06f3c0.PNG

Here it looks like you’re dumping the club a little too early (releasing a little early).

IMG_6952.PNG.12bc512fb327a800325aa421f244325f.PNG

Here, perhaps would like to see more upper body rotation, but you’ve got the shaft and lead arm in alignment, which is good. Those would be my guesses.

WITB:

23 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Nice yard dude!! Tank tops add at least 5mph. Trust me, I know from extensive experience. emoji6.png

Might have to find a tank top with a collar to wear to the course, if that's the case.

32 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Fix me!

For what it’s worth, I agree completely with @ChasingScratch’s assessment.  Trail leg flex was a big thing for me to work on too.

This video offers a good explanation on that:

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Might have to find a tank top with a collar to wear to the course, if that's the case.

Think about why they don’t allow them. We’d make the course obsolete with all the added distance!!

WITB:

Since I was correct with cnosil, I’ll give a shot with yours. 
IMG_6953.PNG.452bd9b3f16756009e483514f912c74a.PNG

Here in the backswing, your trail leg and knee are bent quite a bit as opposed to braced more like a fence post.

IMG_6954.PNG.44625789b42969606c2c532d0d06f3c0.PNG

Here it looks like you’re dumping the club a little too early (releasing a little early).

IMG_6952.PNG.12bc512fb327a800325aa421f244325f.PNG

Here, perhaps would like to see more upper body rotation, but you’ve got the shaft and lead arm in alignment, which is good. Those would be my guesses.

I was hoping you’d say I was perfect
Either way, how do you get lag?
This was from about a month ago and I’m better at not coiling (old baseball habits)
What do you mean regarding the upper body rotation? (Again my old baseball mechanics were keep the front shoulder in)

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I was hoping you’d say I was perfect Either way, how do you get lag? This was from about a month ago and I’m better at not coiling (old baseball habits)What do you mean regarding the upper body rotation? (Again my old baseball mechanics were keep the front shoulder in) 

Upper body rotation: the amount open/facing the target the chest and/or shoulders are at impact (my definition for our purposes). Looks like your upper body (both shoulder and chest) is pretty close to facing the ball (parallel to the flight line). Looking at some professionals, their chest rotation greatly exceeds amateurs’. However it is tough to tell from a face on view (DTL is clearer). Some have the shoulders more open at impact and others have the chest open but shoulders closer to parallel at impact. This is very unique to the individual golfer and I should think that there certainly isn’t any one ideal for everyone. 

Lag is not necessarily something you have to create consciously and it’s something that you can hold onto for too long (I do this and am actually working to unload the lag earlier to shallow my angle of attack with irons and woods. My arms are laid off but my angle down into the ball is steep).

I can send you a video in a PM if you want. I did one for consil as well.

If you have a good kinematic sequence, there really isn’t much need to create any extra lag, provided you don’t come over the top and need a scoop to compensate so you don’t hit a huge slice.

But again your lead arm and shaft seem to be aligned at impact which is all you want/need. You have good speed already. If you are hitting it with a good shape and consistently, I wouldn’t mess too much with it.

Only reason I said anything was because you said “fix me”

How far to you hit driver already?

WITB:

On 8/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, ChasingScratch said:

For this Level 2 protocol, my main focus is to increase vertical ground forces. Today, I worked on slamming the lead heel and then jumping off the ground (that’s the feel). I even got to where my lead foot was coming off the ground then turning like Bubba.

Check out the slow swing below:

@ChasingScratch great looking here. There are many ways to get it done with the swing and this is perfect for what Tony was working towards. However, you’ll see guys like Gary Woodland and Brooks Koepka have zero jump and gain their power from more torque and lateral pressure into the ground. We are all unique but it can be fun to figure out that puzzle. 

3 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

Hello all, I've had a great time reading the first 35 pages of posts today.  I'm in my late 60s and have lost a lot of clubhead speed in the last couple of years. I swung my driver with just a Swing Speed Radar a few weeks ago and was shocked to learn my clubhead speed on those swings was in the high 70s. I also have a Flightscope LM and looked up swings from two years back. My 9 iron was in the high 70s at that time. So, I recently got the SuperSpeed sticks and I am on week 2 or protocol 1.  I bought a Swing Speed Radar when I bought the sticks, but I haven't been disciplined about writing down my results. I think my dominant step swings have been high 80s and my dominant regular swings have been 85-86 mph with the blue club so far.

Recently, I found  a paper by par4success with research showing overspeed training with just one stick, the blue one is more effective with faster and greater overall results. I've read something similar from TPI as well.

Has anyone come across data like this? I wonder if @SuperSpeed Golf would like to comment of discuss this?

Here's a link to the par4success white paper

@TaketheCannoli thanks for the question. Yes we know the work of Par 4 Success and spoken to them many times. Unfortunately they did not perform our protocols correctly and did way too many reps in the initial phase than we recommend  which is the main reason they saw what they saw. They also had a very low amount of participants so there is no way to make a conclusion from that few of people. 

The concept of OverSpeed training or overload/Underload training requires the use of lighter and heavier implements to stimulate an increase in central nervous system firing rates and reduction in the inhibitory mechanism within the neuromuscular system. In other words, using just 1 light weight will not sufficiently stimulate the nervous system to adapt leading to a large speed increase and potential a permanent change. 

We have personally seen and worked with thousands upon thousands of players so we have the most data of anyone in golf on this subject and this is also what another successful sports do in their training. 

Hope that helps

[mention=31260]TaketheCannoli[/mention] thanks for the question. Yes we know the work of Par 4 Success and spoken to them many times. Unfortunately they did not perform our protocols correctly and did way too many reps in the initial phase than we recommend  which is the main reason they saw what they saw. They also had a very low amount of participants so there is no way to make a conclusion from that few of people. 

The concept of OverSpeed training or overload/Underload training requires the use of lighter and heavier implements to stimulate an increase in central nervous system firing rates and reduction in the inhibitory mechanism within the neuromuscular system. In other words, using just 1 light weight will not sufficiently stimulate the nervous system to adapt leading to a large speed increase and potential a permanent change. 

We have personally seen and worked with thousands upon thousands of players so we have the most data of anyone in golf on this subject and this is also what another successful sports do in their training. 

Hope that helps

Thank you!!!

As a follow up I’ve switched to the blue stick for the dynamic warm up. It seems to get me to a faster point right out of the gate.

Thoughts there SuperSpeed?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm no prize, but I've seen you in a golf shirt...please don't. 🤣

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I’m getting closer to that magical 130mph driver swing from the very first week of training.

Hit 127mph today and a few others of 125 and 126. But some others also read 117–119. It seems that when I get the swing path in relation to the PRGR juuuuuuuust right, I get accurate readings.

I actually got off the ground today in my training lol. Literally both feet jumped off the ground. I may be over doing it just a bit on the jump, but hey, this is overspeed training right?

WITB:

1 minute ago, ChasingScratch said:

I’m getting closer to that magical 130mph driver swing from the very first week of training.

Hit 127mph today and a few others of 125 and 126. But some others also read 117–119. It seems that when I get the swing path in relation to the PRGR juuuuuuuust right, I get accurate readings.

I actually got off the ground today in my training lol. Literally both feet jumped off the ground. I may be over doing it just a bit on the jump, but hey, this is overspeed training right?

That's awesome.  Hell no you're not overdoing it.  Exaggerating a move to better incorporate it into your "real" swing is proven to help. Watch Alex Noren on the range working on a fade motion...crazy exaggeration of the motion.

Keep at it, big numbers!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Here is a still - looking like Michael Jackson or Justin Thomas up on my toes

IMG_6959.PNG.387544d0cb689b990bc9d60938846071.PNG

WITB:

8 hours ago, revkev said:

Thank you!!!

As a follow up I’ve switched to the blue stick for the dynamic warm up. It seems to get me to a faster point right out of the gate.

Thoughts there SuperSpeed?

@revkev thanks for the feedback. The warmup is so individualistic and we’ve seen success with each club being used. Some like like lightest club to really ramp up the nervous system beforehand, some like the way the heavy club activates more muscles beforehand. The one thing to keep an eye on is if one uses the light club only during a warmup and does full out swings, does it increase speeds enough on the first few holes to grow off carry distances? Then hat gradually will fade on the front 9. 

19 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Alright @SuperSpeed Golf consider me in on the posting my swing video. Be nice haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@tchat07 remind us what the issues were with the regular swing and when hitting a ball? 

I can't wait to hit some drivers!  Hopefully this will help stop my big miss right because I'm not getting my upper body ahead of my clubhead, thus allowing the club to actually catch up at impact.  We shall see...

WITB:

27 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Distance does not line up with my swing speed. I have been hitting some high slices. Those are the main pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@tchat07 Clubface is wiiiiiiiiiide open homie.  Also backswing might could be shortened a bit.

Check these photos out:

Might strengthen lead hand grip (looks very weak):

1.png.1e334d2ff3b62d3fcd76e83df486259e.png

Super long backswing with wide open clubface:

2.png.9e94545ad9b663f9a4177dfa3c17224d.png

Clubface wide open at transition and left wrist extremely cupped (opens clubface):

3.png.d23b54d4017af0119c727a93c4f48b8d.png

Clubface open:

4.png.2a8c22faf73ed9b961fbcfa46af93a92.png

Clubface veeeeeeery open (pointing at sky):

5.png.abcf13ffbd9c40b6b61a5253d411cec8.png

Clubface still very open (pointing at sky):

6.png.8c2ac4de050b8971e835a30b42a43112.png

Clubface still very open after impact:

7.png.03e9c2406001f9a33fa206c505eee4c0.png

Clubface still open (pointing to sky):

8.png.a76282912fcb13de1ee8a29ef0aa5a10.png

Might recommend starting with shortening the backswing length and strengthening the left hand grip some.  Also, maybe try a flat left wrist in the backswing and downswing vs cupping it so much.

Those are just my thoughts/ramblings.

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

@tchat07 It's like you are cupping and pronating (left palm facing the ground) the left arm in the downswing.  When combined with an already weak grip, extra pronating on the downswing will further open the clubface:

9.png.30ed77a28eedfe3fa75930709d9bab89.png

10.png.edc9a0914fae77b54f1a3c9e5b423606.png

11.png.02a93909ec5310c7a555cb70d1523ce7.png

12.png.15420884d4efd7195c5e45d51294af76.png

13.png.4c281eeb3ca55af811f53abca666d120.png

That is the recipe for high slice-ville.  Fast swing speed exacerbates the problem. 

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

Idk what I ate this morning, but I’ve been resting for 3 days now on super speed protocol and my speed is back in a BIG way. I smoked a drive 330 into a stiff breeze today. Almost lost the ball because it was so much further than expected. 

Edited by zrumble

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

18 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Fix me!

@twyatt700 the way the back leg loads leads us to believe there could be an issue with pelvis or thoracic spine rotation. 
These tests should help get started.

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_lower_quarter_rotation_test

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_seated_trunk_rotation_test

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

@tchat07 Clubface is wiiiiiiiiiide open homie.  Also backswing might could be shortened a bit.

Check these photos out:

Might strengthen lead hand grip (looks very weak):

1.png.1e334d2ff3b62d3fcd76e83df486259e.png

Super long backswing with wide open clubface:

2.png.9e94545ad9b663f9a4177dfa3c17224d.png

Clubface wide open at transition and left wrist extremely cupped (opens clubface):

3.png.d23b54d4017af0119c727a93c4f48b8d.png

Clubface open:

4.png.2a8c22faf73ed9b961fbcfa46af93a92.png

Clubface veeeeeeery open (pointing at sky):

5.png.abcf13ffbd9c40b6b61a5253d411cec8.png

Clubface still very open (pointing at sky):

6.png.8c2ac4de050b8971e835a30b42a43112.png

Clubface still very open after impact:

7.png.03e9c2406001f9a33fa206c505eee4c0.png

Clubface still open (pointing to sky):

8.png.a76282912fcb13de1ee8a29ef0aa5a10.png

Might recommend starting with shortening the backswing length and strengthening the left hand grip some.  Also, maybe try a flat left wrist in the backswing and downswing vs cupping it so much.

Those are just my thoughts/ramblings.

@ChasingScratch @tchat07 Tony has a great eye for swing mechanics here! Two main things that stand out are the very weak grip with both hands leading to an open club face. Would try strengthening both the right and left on the club.

Also, a bit of reverse spine happening at the top. Could be from simply overswinging but it gets you in touch position to deliver the club from there.

This could help https://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/reverse-spine-angle_v2