TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Upper body rotation: the amount open/facing the target the chest and/or shoulders are at impact (my definition for our purposes). Looks like your upper body (both shoulder and chest) is pretty close to facing the ball (parallel to the flight line). Looking at some professionals, their chest rotation greatly exceeds amateurs’. However it is tough to tell from a face on view (DTL is clearer). Some have the shoulders more open at impact and others have the chest open but shoulders closer to parallel at impact. This is very unique to the individual golfer and I should think that there certainly isn’t any one ideal for everyone. Lag is not necessarily something you have to create consciously and it’s something that you can hold onto for too long (I do this and am actually working to unload the lag earlier to shallow my angle of attack with irons and woods. My arms are laid off but my angle down into the ball is steep).

I can send you a video in a PM if you want. I did one for consil as well.

If you have a good kinematic sequence, there really isn’t much need to create any extra lag, provided you don’t come over the top and need a scoop to compensate so you don’t hit a huge slice.

But again your lead arm and shaft seem to be aligned at impact which is all you want/need. You have good speed already. If you are hitting it with a good shape and consistently, I wouldn’t mess too much with it.

Only reason I said anything was because you said “fix me”

How far to you hit driver already?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah shoot me over that video! And thanks for the feed back. I drive it 240 average but my last few rounds I was over 250 on all my drives. I also was fitted into a new driver and should be getting that this week. According to the numbers with that change alone I could see up to 10-20 yard increase. I was using the cobra f8 stock stuff shaft and was spinning it way too much, up to 4000 on some shot out of the center so the new club with theoretically help with that too.
I’m going to upload the video in a moment. I will say, didn’t feel great but promise they were straight/baby fades. The angle on the camera was a little off but hope you can give me some pointers

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

[mention=72268]tchat07[/mention] It's like you are cupping and pronating (left palm facing the ground) the left arm in the downswing.  When combined with an already weak grip, extra pronating on the downswing will further open the clubface:

9.png.30ed77a28eedfe3fa75930709d9bab89.png

10.png.edc9a0914fae77b54f1a3c9e5b423606.png

11.png.02a93909ec5310c7a555cb70d1523ce7.png

12.png.15420884d4efd7195c5e45d51294af76.png

13.png.4c281eeb3ca55af811f53abca666d120.png

That is the recipe for high slice-ville.  Fast swing speed exacerbates the problem. 

Alright this works perfectly and is an open question. I have tried strengthening my grip but it decreases the speed at which I swing. Wheres the give or take? Like speed is king but keeping the ball in play also helps haha. Also big thanks really appreciate the feedback from everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

4 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Alright this works perfectly and is an open question. I have tried strengthening my grip but it decreases the speed at which I swing. Wheres the give or take? Like speed is king but keeping the ball in play also helps haha. Also big thanks really appreciate the feedback from everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Trust me, speed without clubface control/center contact is wasted energy.  I know SuperSpeed has clubface drills they have people do (I need to do them myself).

I was swinging it 123-124mph on GC Quad in my Level 1 post-test, but I had swings that would only travel 280-300yds because of all the backswpin and lack of centered contact.  When I hit middle of the face, 350yds.  My fitter who was a college golfer was swinging like 108-110 and was hitting it 300yds dead center of the fairway because he could hit the middle of the face.

If the stronger grip gives you more consistent centered contact and keeps the ball in play, go with it.

The average driving distance for scratch golfers is only like 250yds I believe (click link).

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

13 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Yeah shoot me over that video! And thanks for the feed back. I drive it 240 average but my last few rounds I was over 250 on all my drives. I also was fitted into a new driver and should be getting that this week. According to the numbers with that change alone I could see up to 10-20 yard increase. I was using the cobra f8 stock stuff shaft and was spinning it way too much, up to 4000 on some shot out of the center so the new club with theoretically help with that too.
I’m going to upload the video in a moment. I will say, didn’t feel great but promise they were straight/baby fades. The angle on the camera was a little off but hope you can give me some pointers

Awesome!  If you are averaging 250-260yds, you are above average.  As I said to @tchat07, the average scratch male golfer hits driver something like 250yds. 

4000rpm of backspin is WAAAAAAY too high. 

Hopefully the fitted driver knocks that spin down for you.

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Awesome!  If you are averaging 250-260yds, you are above average.  As I said to @tchat07, the average scratch male golfer hits driver something like 250yds. 

4000rpm of backspin is WAAAAAAY too high. 

Hopefully the fitted driver knocks that spin down for you.

Yeah I know! I guess thats why my 9 degree driver still balloons up and falls out of the sky. I basically get no roll out on every drive!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@twyatt700 the way the back leg loads leads us to believe there could be an issue with pelvis or thoracic spine rotation. 
These tests should help get started.

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_lower_quarter_rotation_test

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_seated_trunk_rotation_test

Oh I know I have poor trunk and pelvic mobility! Been doing a lot of yoga and mobility workouts to combat it but I was in a bad car accident at 18 and my back has been very stiff ever since 😪

Assuming I am at the second jump, the struggles with good contact appear to have returned. I don't know if this is expected or if it because I am an inconsistent 15-ish handicap and ball-striking isn't my forte having an off night, but a couple heel strikes and a topped drive with big losses in distance. My driver swing never really felt right or comfortable tonight. I assume it'll come as I continue to get through the protocols. Problems were made worse by playing through a down pour for three holes. Strangely, irons were mostly ok through it all.

I may have to post some swings with a ball and have @ChasingScratch diagnose my swing - he seems to have a knack for it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

19 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Assuming I am at the second jump, the struggles with good contact appear to have returned. I don't know if this is expected or if it because I am an inconsistent 15-ish handicap and ball-striking isn't my forte having an off night, but a couple heel strikes and a topped drive with big losses in distance. My driver swing never really felt right or comfortable tonight. I assume it'll come as I continue to get through the protocols. Problems were made worse by playing through a down pour for three holes. Strangely, irons were mostly ok through it all.

I may have to post some swings with a ball and have @ChasingScratch diagnose my swing - he seems to have a knack for it.

@ChasingScratch is the anti Max Homa for swing roasts.  "Send him your swings and he shall fix you!" 😆

[mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] is the anti Max Homa for swing roasts.  "Send him your swings and he shall fix you!" 

I am more than happy to roast as well

WITB:

@tchat - just strengthen the grip and you’ll be fine. You’re doing way more right than wrong.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well I stiffened the back leg and my speed went up immediately 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well I stiffened the back leg and my speed went up immediately 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just Venmo me whatever you’re comfortable with

WITB:

130 on the driver dry swing post workout and 117 hitting the wiffle
IMG_2668.JPG

9 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Just Venmo me whatever you’re comfortable with emoji12.png

You may come to regret that...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You may come to regret that...

if it turns into anything I’d set prices.
I just care to see people improve. We’re all chasing something in golf. More fun to chase together than as a Wolfpack of one.

WITB:

if it turns into anything I’d set prices.

I just care to see people improve. We’re all chasing something in golf. More fun to chase together than as a Wolfpack of one.

IMG_2673.GIF

17 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

What do you think? I have slow swing speed but my G30 driver weighs 320 grams.  Should I be using the senior or regular set?

@TaketheCannoli if you’re in the 70s on driver club head speed then the senior set would be best. We don’t want you swinging the heaviest club in the set slower than your driver. 
Also, for someone at your speed that heavy of a driver is typically not seen. Yes a heavier driver can produce more force to the ball but there is a trade off as speed will typically be slower. 

Hi all,

I've had the sticks for about 8 months now but have only got back into them the last few weeks after recovering from a ski injury.  This post has given me the motivation to get one of the speed radars and get back into it.

I've already noticed a small increase in my numbers. Does anyone else see a similar patter to this:

Green: 131

Blue: 127

Red: 119

Driver - no ball: 118

Driver - with ball: 106

I didn't expect such a big drop off from a dry swing to one with a ball. In this test I'm trying to swing my socks off and not worrying about where the ball goes. Does that seem right, or is it a mental thing and I should be able to get that speed higher with a ball?

4 hours ago, BooshenWaa said:

That does seem a bit low, to me. I've taken the radar to the course and, at the time, I only lost about 4 mph from "all out" swing to "golf course" swing.

As for the protocol tonight, weather was great, but I never felt like I got really loose. Speeds were still good so I think it's safe to say the second jump is here. A coupe of the before swings were even a few mph more than usual and all 5 after swings were 114-117 range.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

5 hours ago, BooshenWaa said:

Hi all,

I've had the sticks for about 8 months now but have only got back into them the last few weeks after recovering from a ski injury.  This post has given me the motivation to get one of the speed radars and get back into it.

I've already noticed a small increase in my numbers. Does anyone else see a similar patter to this:

Green: 131

Blue: 127

Red: 119

Driver - no ball: 118

I didn't expect such a big drop off from a dry swing to one with a ball. In this test I'm trying to swing my socks off and not worrying about where the ball goes. Does that seem right, or is it a mental thing and I should be able to get that speed higher with a ball?

I have the same issue.  Just keep doing the protocols and your body will eventually start swinging faster on the course.  My goal isn't to have a 118 swing speed on the course, but if it's an average of 105-110 and under control with good contact I'd rather have that. 

Just today I was swinging like crap, making horrible contact but my speed was way up.  I slowed down to 105 range from 110 and made center contact and my ball speed was over 150 every time.  So I thing speed is important, but not at the determinant of contact.  

23 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@TaketheCannoli if you’re in the 70s on driver club head speed then the senior set would be best. We don’t want you swinging the heaviest club in the set slower than your driver. 
Also, for someone at your speed that heavy of a driver is typically not seen. Yes a heavier driver can produce more force to the ball but there is a trade off as speed will typically be slower. 

Thank you @SuperSpeed Golf.  Do you recommend incorporating the SuperSpeed sticks pre-round? Is there a suggested before round warm up somewhere on the SuperSpeed web site?

It looks like a good day to play golf!

Just finished Day 3 of Level 2 Week 2.

I had my kids with me and forgot my driver.  I don't think it would have mattered much though.  Everything was reading slow.  PRGR was showing down below 120mph for the blue stick and mid 110's for the red on some swings.  Had a few read 25 and 43mph also.  Some days it's just funky.

Regardless, I'll have the review video up by the end of the day. 

WITB:

Thank you [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention].  Do you recommend incorporating the SuperSpeed sticks pre-round? Is there a suggested before round warm up somewhere on the SuperSpeed web site?

Do the dynamic warm up always - I’m using blue stick instead of read for my swings - I can do that warm up and drill it down the middle first swing - better than hitting balls. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Modified Level 2 Week 2 video is now live!

Cue House of Pain's "Jump Around" song for this one.

WITB:

Modified Level 2 Week 2 video is now live!
Cue House of Pain's "Jump Around" song for this one.
[/url]  

I love the videos

It’s very interesting that you are consistently 10 mph faster than I am across the board. Our handicaps are around the same - you might be a year or two younger than me though. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

14 minutes ago, revkev said:

I love the videos

It’s very interesting that you are consistently 10 mph faster than I am across the board. Our handicaps are around the same - you might be a year or two younger than me though. 🙂

Hey same here and I can barley poke it out to 250 and I'm the same age as chasing.  We have have different strengths.  I'm deadly with my wedges and putter. I played with two guys yesterday when were both 10-20 yards longer and even with my approach shots off I was stil getting up and down for par almost every hole where as they were in struggliesville once we got to the green!

I love the videos

It’s very interesting that you are consistently 10 mph faster than I am across the board. Our handicaps are around the same - you might be a year or two younger than me though. :)

Perhaps. I’m 34. Not in my prime anymore but certainly not hurting too bad yet .

WITB:

Based on my driver speed, I should be swinging the sticks as fast as follows:

IMG_7007.PNG

That’s what is so frustrating, because I’m not anywhere close to those numbers. I know I keep saying that I’ll focus on post-test GC Quad data, but I’m very internally competitive with myself. I mean from a logical standpoint, it just doesn’t seem to make any sense that I can swing the driver 127mph on a dry swing and the same day not get a green swing over 132mph.

WITB: