TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Oh I have 100% been frustrated, but that is just because I’m hyper-competitive with myself lol.

Thus why I posted this as a reminder to myself first and foremost.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That reminds me of a story about the young bull and the old bull, young fella. But this is a family forum and I can only tell it in person...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

Inquiring minds want to know, where did she start and how much speed has she added?

She started out (Yellow-Green-Blue) at 71-68-64 and most recently her numbers were 83-73-70. FYI, keep in mind she's 74 (don't let her know I told you) and is very diligent about working on her game. She like I, started playing after we retired. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

She started out (Yellow-Green-Blue) at 71-68-64 and most recently her numbers were 83-73-70. FYI, keep in mind she's 74 (don't let her know I told you) and is very diligent about working on her game. She like I, started playing after we retired. 

Amazing!  Those are great jumps in speed!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:19 AM, ChasingScratch said:

Perhaps. I’m 34. Not in my prime anymore but certainly not hurting too bad yet emoji23.png.

Well that depends. Prime at what? Your driving distance might decrease but your short game and putting never has an prime limit. I know an elderly gentleman who recently shot his age all because of his phenomenal wedge game.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

Well that depends. Prime at what? You're driving distance might decrease but your short game and putting never has an prime limit. I know an elderly gentleman who recently shot his age all because of his phenomenal wedge game.

Us elderly gentlemen have to have a great short game.  If I can improve mine just a little bit, I have a shot at shooting my age.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well that depends. Prime at what? You're driving distance might decrease but your short game and putting never has an prime limit. I know an elderly gentleman who recently shot his age all because of his phenomenal wedge game.

Good point. In this case I’m discussing prime athletic explosive capacity (speed, explosiveness, etc.). It’s pretty well established that this peak ends around 25-26yrs (definitely on the downhill at 30) for human males.

The good thing about golf is that it doesn’t not solely rely on athleticism (as you pointed out). Short game and putting are the great equalizers. It is very much a skill sport.

WITB:

My main frustration right now is that I'm getting driver and speed stick readings (all of them) down where I started the protocol.  Not where I should be during a plateau of the "new normal" for my gains that I made from Level 1.  

For example, this 3rd week of Level 2, the driver swings at the end of the sessions have maxed at 120 (while hitting 119 several times as well). From my pre-test, I was hitting 119 over and over and then maxed one time with 124mph.

Same for the green, blue, and red sticks.  I'm getting readings of 130/131 with green, 120 with blue, and 117-119 with red (all what they were during the first few protocols in Level 1). 

Here is the chart of each day so far:

SuperSpeed chart throgh day 26 level 2 week 3.png

I'm going to see if going back to doing massive cut path swings with the sticks changes the readings.  I remember from the end of Level 1 that a cut path swing was reading higher.  Looking at my data, it looks like I haven't gained any speed with the sticks or driver since the start, but again, GC Quad says otherwise.

Stay the course man stay the course!

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

Good point. In this case I’m discussing prime athletic explosive capacity (speed, explosiveness, etc.). It’s pretty well established that this peak ends around 25-26yrs (definitely on the downhill at 30) for human males.

The good thing about golf is that it doesn’t not solely rely on athleticism (as you pointed out). Short game and putting are the great equalizers. It is very much a skill sport.

I'm the prime example of this! At 31 with a balky back I'm down to a 4.1 hcp with an average 240 drive but very good wedge and putting.  Working on improving the iron game but still, when I go for distance I get in trouble

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That's great Tony. I'll have to show my wife and see if I can convince her to try it.

It looks like a good day to play golf!

8 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

My main frustration right now is that I'm getting driver and speed stick readings (all of them) down where I started the protocol.   

You have reached the other side of that peak that you have been discussing;  it is all downhill from here.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Alright I’m done . Y’all win the prime discussion with humor.

WITB:

IMG_7068.JPG

WITB:

IMG_7068.JPG.0dca94c0497643ba7ea9bf92fd3cff9b.JPG

This is a winner

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

21 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Here is something we should all be reminded of.  According to the @SuperSpeed Golf peaks/plateaus graph, we most likely will not see any major jumps again until the 4th-6th months of training (if I'm interpreting the graph correctly)...

Definitely a good reminder!  I definitely plateaued after week 2 of the 1st protocol (I'm on week 5 of the 2nd level now) and even ticked down a little the past 3 weeks or so and am just a little slower than I was at the same point my first time through.  Since I didn't quit for the summer this year, looking forward to a bump in another, ohh...14 weeks or so 😉 

Side benefit of this program:  good opportunity to work on perseverance... 

IMG_7068.JPG

I don't think I actually get injured more often at my age, but I'll be damned if recovery time hasn't about tripled or quadrupled.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I have found others progress interesting compared to mine. Whether it was a big jump to start or a quicker plateau and so on. I found mine more gradual, in part it's because I am also learning techniques on simply swinging faster which may be in part why I see small gains here and there. 

I didn't notice a big sustainable jump to start off, but instead saw it close to week 4 I believe. 

I have also worked hard on getting small but personal bests with green in particular. My hope is that at some point I see 140. I've done 137 so it's not that far away!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 8/9/2020 at 2:04 PM, Apolloshowl said:

This is a quick sample of some lefty and righty swings from this evening's session. It was incredibly hot out today and waiting for it to cool off before I got to them.

I did this video after I completed the protocol and used the blue stick. 

Don't exactly remember the numbers, but left handed swings were 115 range and second right handed swing was 113. 

I have both the swing radar and PRGR set up, although I only base my numbers off the swing radar as that's what I started my protocols with. I got the PRGR after and use it as a back up and see how similar they are. Generally they are within 1 mph sometimes a little more, but it is reassuring to see them so close.

Hope you all enjoy and I'll try to do more videos in the coming days with other views. 

@Apolloshowl thanks for the video here! This is important for everyone to see. Watch the first swing left handed and first swing right handed. The eyes want to see the number right away so the neck and spine stop rotating all the way in the follow through. Make sure to let the neck and spine fully rotate to a complete finish. Almost to the point where you could get off balance. Watch how the long drive pros finish. Then you can check he number after. Definitely think you have more in the tank if you feel a little more wild while swinging.

On 8/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, jlukes said:

I've noticed a much higher flight than normal on the golf course from my driver over the last few rounds and I finally got on a launch monitor over the weekend.  It was only a GC2 so I could not get club information, but it confirmed that my launch and spin are up due to my increased spin.

After trading some emails with my fitter and instructor, I scored a G410 LST head to try (currently gaming a G410 Plus head).  The more forward CG of the LST should help lower my spin and launch into a better window with my new speed.  Excited to get it on the course.

Really interesting webinar from SuperSpeed on how new speed impacts club fitting.  Sounds about right based on what has happened with me!

https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news/webinar-8-how-new-speed-gains-affect-club-fitting

@jlukes spot on with your assessment here. More speed often equals more spin. Glad you watched that webinar. There are so many club fitting myths perpetuated in the golf industry. Hopefully that information helps everyone. 

5 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@Apolloshowl thanks for the video here! This is important for everyone to see. Watch the first swing left handed and first swing right handed. The eyes want to see the number right away so the neck and spine stop rotating all the way in the follow through. Make sure to let the neck and spine fully rotate to a complete finish. Almost to the point where you could get off balance. Watch how the long drive pros finish. Then you can check he number after. Definitely think you have more in the tank if you feel a little more wild while swinging.

Thanks for mentioning that, I know I'm guilty of looking at the swing radar, probably more than I realize.  Hadn't thought much about it until now.

Guilty as charged on the radar thing - but I’ve learned to swing through and look later.

Also my experience is that plateau means regression followed by jump. Both times through SuperSpeed I’ve had quick jump, on course struggle, improved ball striking and speed, training speed regression (not actual though), second jump, on course struggle, further improved ball striking and distance, small training speed regression not actual when hitting shots

Same patter both times

I’m finding right now that I’m launching driver really high. I will get that checked when I go back to my fitter for the D7 forged test.

I think everyone is different in regards to
the way the training works.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Since @ChasingScratch posted the @SuperSpeed Golf chart, I've been doing some thinking....

Perhaps SuperSpeed can chime in (and anyone else who may have an idea, of course).

My recollection was the second jump typically happened late in the second protocol. Since that was clearly wrong and it's more like late third/early fourth protocol (I'll be starting level 3 next week), what is going on with me? Is it possible that my swing was so out of whack mechanically that I'm still experiencing the first jump and it's just taking me longer to sort out the mechanical components required to go faster? What I had interpreted as the plateau seemed more like the regression that @revkev mentioned, so I had assumed the second jump was here. Here is an up-to-date chart for my driver speeds since the beginning. Since there have been some peaks and valleys, this data is a 5-session moving average to try to smooth out some of the noise. For the last 3-5 weeks, there has been a pretty steady climb. Is it possible I am at the second jump a little early? I suppose a third alternative is that things have finally settled down some so this is really just the first plateau?

image.png.afd8f0ead672fb6f52aa5b4a15c6d065.png

Here is the raw data, before averaging.

image.png.ba3495e59c2a222d21c4fd28cc9e51fd.png

Since [mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] posted the [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] chart, I've been doing some thinking....
Perhaps SuperSpeed can chime in (and anyone else who may have an idea, of course).
My recollection was the second jump typically happened late in the second protocol. Since that was clearly wrong and it's more like late third/early fourth protocol (I'll be starting level 3 next week), what is going on with me? Is it possible that my swing was so out of whack mechanically that I'm still experiencing the first jump and it's just taking me longer to sort out the mechanical components required to go faster? What I had interpreted as the plateau seemed more like the regression that [mention=16651]revkev[/mention] mentioned, so I had assumed the second jump was here. Here is an up-to-date chart for my driver speeds since the beginning. Since there have been some peaks and valleys, this data is a 5-session moving average to try to smooth out some of the noise. For the last 3-5 weeks, there has been a pretty steady climb. Is it possible I am at the second jump a little early? I suppose a third alternative is that things have finally settled down some so this is really just the first plateau?
image.png.afd8f0ead672fb6f52aa5b4a15c6d065.png
Here is the raw data, before averaging.
image.png.ba3495e59c2a222d21c4fd28cc9e51fd.png

Could very well be the case. If your kinematic sequence was poor to begin with and has gotten better with all the swings and drills, everything else improves along with it. Technique is one of the categories where speed can increase (as per the pyramid from the SuperSpeed presentation they did with us if I’m remembering correctly).

WITB:

13 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

IMG_7068.JPG

Ain’t that the truth!

Helped move a full sized trampoline from one yard to another, then jumped on a bit with the grandkids.  Yep, now I can barely walk.  Knees are sore 😞

My main frustration right now is that I'm getting driver and speed stick readings (all of them) down where I started the protocol.  Not where I should be during a plateau of the "new normal" for my gains that I made from Level 1.  
For example, this 3rd week of Level 2, the driver swings at the end of the sessions have maxed at 120 (while hitting 119 several times as well). From my pre-test, I was hitting 119 over and over and then maxed one time with 124mph.
Same for the green, blue, and red sticks.  I'm getting readings of 130/131 with green, 120 with blue, and 117-119 with red (all what they were during the first few protocols in Level 1). 
Here is the chart of each day so far:
214949271_SuperSpeedchartthroghday26level2week3.png.65e85520e13ce49b3631ba645764cf54.png
I'm going to see if going back to doing massive cut path swings with the sticks changes the readings.  I remember from the end of Level 1 that a cut path swing was reading higher.  Looking at my data, it looks like I haven't gained any speed with the sticks or driver since the start, but again, GC Quad says otherwise.
Stay the course man stay the course!

You’re on the right track, there is also the factor of neuro fatigue. Might want to step back from the training, rest, then get back after it! Also remember the true goal, what happens on the course. All these numbers are dust if you’re seeing the improvement once you get to the course! Yesterday I played and I was working on slowing the back swing, keeping my balance, and just making my fairway finder swing and every drive was over 250. My average drive is 235 so that’s the importance of the training is to get your in control swing on the course as fast as your prior all out swing.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Level 2 Week 3 Summary video now live:

In the near future, I will be experimenting with a SwingSpeed radar in conjunction with the PRGR to see if there are any differences.

Also hoping to do a mid-Level 2 GC Quad test to see if I'm regressing or if the radar just isn't reading me well.

Stay tuned!

WITB:

IMG_2138.JPG

I had to show this:

I was fast tonight. Tied fastest dominant with green, blue and red. Fastest ever non dominant red and then what you see up top left handed (non dominant) green. My prior record was 117.

I’m anxious to see how that translates to the range tomorrow and the course on Sunday afternoon.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Great post!

Speaking of injuries, has anyone had some persistent lower back pain start while using the Super Speed sticks?

I had them the first time around but not this time. I’m very careful with my warm ups and doing drills properly.

I’ve also discovered CBD cream for my elbow

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

5 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

Great post!

Speaking of injuries, has anyone had some persistent lower back pain start while using the Super Speed sticks?

I'm actually the opposite. For the last five-ish years my lower back has been a bit of a mess. I believe the combination of the dynamic warmup and protocols have very beneficial for my particular issue. Obviously your mileage may vary.