TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

1 minute ago, ChasingScratch said:

I mean..... that would have you swinging as fast as World Long Drive champion Kyle Berkshire.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

i can get it up to 139-141 now, with my standard driver swing being 135. it would just be cool to know where my physical limit is. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

i can get it up to 139-141 now, with my standard driver swing being 135. it would just be cool to know where my physical limit is. 

You should reach out to Kyle at SuperSpeed. He might recommend the Long Drivers version of the sticks/program.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

I have been getting all sorts of funky readings. Was at 131 green, then couldn’t get over 107.  Today was 122 max.

So I am a bit discouraged... flipped the green stick over and took a few swings with the weight in my hands.  146, 144, 147, 147...

what is that all about?.  It feels waaay slower than swinging it the right way with the weight at the bottom.

counter weighted driver in my future?

I have been getting all sorts of funky readings. Was at 131 green, then couldn’t get over 107.  Today was 122 max.
So I am a bit discouraged... flipped the green stick over and took a few swings with the weight in my hands.  146, 144, 147, 147...

what is that all about?.  It feels waaay slower than swinging it the right way with the weight at the bottom.
counter weighted driver in my future?

I do know they make a counter-weighted stick now.

I’ve given up on putting to much emphasis on the PRGR readings for me. I’ll just focus on GC Quad data and actual course data during rounds. The PRGR just doesn’t seem to like my swing for some reason. Maybe your path was off that day?

WITB:

6 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I do know they make a counter-weighted stick now.

I’ve given up on putting to much emphasis on the PRGR readings for me. I’ll just focus on GC Quad data and actual course data during rounds. The PRGR just doesn’t seem to like my swing for some reason. Maybe your path was off that day?

My path is probably off every day... 😂😂

Using the swing radar, not the PRGR thing.  Just weird it that it picks up the handle end of the club, but doesn’t pick up the weighted end.  I know this thing is moving faster than some of the low readings I’m getting.

Makes it hard to capture any progress, if there is any.

7 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Do you participate in long drive events?

no, but i’ve always wanted to 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

As this winds down I wanted to thank our test group one more time.

I’ve now been using the sticks for 2 years - I stopped last summer in the heat and regressed for sure so I resumed in January and got my speed back up to where it was when I stopped.

This summer I’ve vowed to do at least one workout per week with a goal of resuming protocols in October when the cooler weather returns. That will now move to November as I will need to focus on the Wilson D7 forged testing.

Here’s a couple of scenes from today’s workout. As a side note we are being brushed by a tropical system and so it was cooler than it has been in a long time.

IMG_2209.JPG

Workouts can be tough on the yard particularly when it’s wet. Fortunately I’m no maniacal about my lawn - it’s a functional space for grilling out, playing whiffle ball and catch with the grandkids - that sort of stuff.

IMG_2210.JPG

You need a speed device of some sort. This is a record green stick high for me. It came on my last swing of the day. When I swung I didn’t think anything of it. It felt about the same as the one before which was 117 - about where it’s been throughout the maintenance time.

Sometimes you can be surprised by what comes up on the radar. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So update on my GCQuad session.

My swing and AOA have changed substantially. When I was fit for this driver, I had a +5 AOA. As such, I needed a low spin head and low spin shaft. My launch was high enough to get the benefit of no spin.

Since doing the heel stomp drills and working on a flatter AOA, my AOA is now closer to 0 to +1. As such, the driver setup doesn’t really fit that swing. It is a much more consistent AOA and my irons are flying with proper trajectory now. Divots are better and more forgiving as well.

Long story short, I may need a new driver setup. We cranked up the loft and added a heavier weight to my current driver. I’ll see how it handles on the course, but I was basically hitting baby cuts that would carry 295-300 and roll out to 315-325. My fitter told me that this is all that DJ, Rahm, and all the others are looking for out of their drivers. If they wanted to go +5 and no spin like Bryson has done, they could, but their accuracy would go south.

I was very tired (have been battling insomnia for the past few weeks), so I wasn’t feeling fast at all, and my speeds were a little slower than last time. But I’m chalking that’s up to sleep deprivation, not regression.

WITB:

On 9/12/2020 at 7:12 AM, Shankster said:

Using the swing radar, not the PRGR thing.  Just weird it that it picks up the handle end of the club, but doesn’t pick up the weighted end.  I know this thing is moving faster than some of the low readings I’m getting.

I've not had that kind of variance with the SSR. Seems very odd to me that it went from 130s to 107. Radar in same place in stance? Perhaps lighting issues? I've seen more funkiness in readings if sun bounces off the club head in a certain way.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, edingc said:

I've not had that kind of variance with the SSR. Seems very odd to me that it went from 130s to 107. Radar in same place in stance? Perhaps lighting issues? I've seen more funkiness in readings if sun bounces off the club head in a certain way.

Yeah.  Same spot, same amount of shade... 

On 9/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, Shankster said:

Yeah.  Same spot, same amount of shade... 

Try new batteries, in my experience misreads increases and the batteries get worn down. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 9/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, ChasingScratch said:

You should reach out to Kyle at SuperSpeed. He might recommend the Long Drivers version of the sticks/program.

@ChasingScratch @Chip Strokes we’ve worked with many of the top Long Drive pros or consulted with them. Quite amazing what they can do. Happy to answer any questions. We have a Long Drive specific set that is designed for those competing in Long Drive competitions. For reference one of the guys actually hit 183 mph with the green club. 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, MaxEntropy said:

Well that was interesting.....

@SuperSpeed Golf had recommended I do the "Advanced Speed Protocol 3" once per week in place of a normal level 3 protocol. This protocol is all dominant side, standing swings only. They call it a sprint, but you are supposed to rip off 8 consecutive (really hard) swings as quickly as you can. Light, medium, heavy, then repeat light. This protocol is supposed to help with lag. Tonight was the first night of this. I learned my balance is terrible - resetting to do another hard swing quickly wasn't nearly as easy as they make it look in the demo video. I might have to post a video of it for giggles so you can compare them and me.

Question for SuperSpeed: I assume I am still supposed to do the 5 before and after driver swings? 

@MaxEntropy it’s definitely not easy at the start of the sprint protocol! Has it gotten any better since the first session? 
It’s not necessarily to do the driver swings before and after on the ASD protocols since they are working on something a little different. Would be good to compare the start video face on and then see how it changes though. 

On 9/12/2020 at 6:12 AM, Shankster said:

@Shankster could you post a picture of where you have it set up compared to the clubs? 

On 9/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, ChasingScratch said:

So update on my GCQuad session.

My swing and AOA have changed substantially. When I was fit for this driver, I had a +5 AOA. As such, I needed a low spin head and low spin shaft. My launch was high enough to get the benefit of no spin.

Since doing the heel stomp drills and working on a flatter AOA, my AOA is now closer to 0 to +1. As such, the driver setup doesn’t really fit that swing. It is a much more consistent AOA and my irons are flying with proper trajectory now. Divots are better and more forgiving as well.

Long story short, I may need a new driver setup. We cranked up the loft and added a heavier weight to my current driver. I’ll see how it handles on the course, but I was basically hitting baby cuts that would carry 295-300 and roll out to 315-325. My fitter told me that this is all that DJ, Rahm, and all the others are looking for out of their drivers. If they wanted to go +5 and no spin like Bryson has done, they could, but their accuracy would go south.

I was very tired (have been battling insomnia for the past few weeks), so I wasn’t feeling fast at all, and my speeds were a little slower than last time. But I’m chalking that’s up to sleep deprivation, not regression.

@ChasingScratch it’s always good to see how much clubs change with more speed and not just spin. Club path, angle of attack, dynamic loft are all important if possible to track. Dialing in a new driver with that new AoA would be great to see results wise and when fresh. 

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

😍😍😍😍

That's awesome, Joe!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy it’s definitely not easy at the start of the sprint protocol! Has it gotten any better since the first session? 
It’s not necessarily to do the driver swings before and after on the ASD protocols since they are working on something a little different. Would be good to compare the start video face on and then see how it changes though. 

Because of the weather and amount of golf I have been playing with the end of season approaching, I ended up with a couple 4-5 day breaks. I will be doing the second session of the ASD tomorrow and will report back.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

I did my second session of ASD 3 last night. Overall, my balance was a little better, but still a little tricky to quickly get reset and swing. I forgot to record the swings, so I'll do it next week.

I’ll be posting my official review sometime next week most likely. I broke my left foot pinky toe so I’ll be down for another 4-6 weeks. Come on 2021, you can’t get here fast enough! 🤣

WITB:

Review to drop Friday! Compiling all the data and getting some good figures for everyone. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Review to drop Friday! Compiling all the data and getting some good figures for everyone. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

After a few weeks of ‘mostly’ following a 3 day per week training session, I am seeing a consistent 116mph with driver.  Still getting odd numbers with the training sticks.

116 Driver

111 3 Wood

106 2 Hybrid

103 3 iron

Friday outing planned to see what this does on the course.

A74174C0-31B0-4188-91A6-23F7B3B92DB7.jpeg

Since I am "done" for the purposes of the review, I decided to play around with the radar positioning the last few weeks - I didn't want to potentially mess with the "official" results but I learned a few interesting things: due to my deck layout, I have to swing in the same spot both RH and LH and I was moving the radar between every set. I can leave the radar in place and swing at it left-handed. I had found that there seem to be more flaky numbers doing that (how much is due to my crappy LH swing being on the wrong path?), but tonight I stood further away from it (~6 feet) and no LH readings were weird. The numbers were also in line with what I had been seeing. Just FYI if you can't just step to the other side to do non-dominant swings.

Uh... yep!  This training system works. Made absolute dead center square contact... 

I hit a whole bucket with the driver alone and the swing speed radar.  Only one of the ll was below 115mph. Most were 117-118, and a handful of 119’s. Two 120’s...

Uncharted territory....

Goal is now 130+

17208BBF-4932-4DFA-8E37-D9979DBC95F5.jpeg

It is a day earlier then expected, but for those who are needing some evening reading my review is up! Of course there will be much follow up as the program continues and expect a updated scoring on the review in the coming months when I have more rounds in! 
Also final note will be I am going to try and find GC quad or trackman and get a full round up of numbers then fire them off to TXG and say give me a driver since they ship worldwide and will likely be cheaper then anything I can find here in Switzerland. 
Thanks everyone for following along and please feel free to send any follow up if you have them. 
I did not post kneeling swing or step swing numbers as I figured the other data was more relevant to the review, but can go over them if so desired. 
Cheers! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I learned from being a part of the first test group that I’m fastest late afternoon.

I don’t often go to the range or play in the morning but I did go to the range this morning at 9 AM.

I was primarily working on the D7 forged test but for kicks pulled driver and hit 6 with it. I was swinging very well so it was a good test. My average SS was 89, carry 208. That’s compared to a 10 ball sequence hit at 330 PM a few weeks back where it was 93, 220 carry.

No wonder I almost always shoot my better score in the afternoon round of a 2 day tournament. I will now be able to factor this in whenever I play in the morning - take an extra club, always!!!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks to all the testers who made it through the complete Level 2! 

Some choose now to take a break and some keep going. We have three more levels for those who would like to continue. If you choose to take a break starting at the beginning of Level 3 is fine. If you take an extended break feel free to ask where the best place to start is. 

We will be on the forum to continue to assist for new testers or those going through the protocols.