TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Thanks to all the testers who made it through the complete Level 2! 

Some choose now to take a break and some keep going. We have three more levels for those who would like to continue. If you choose to take a break starting at the beginning of Level 3 is fine. If you take an extended break feel free to ask where the best place to start is. 

We will be on the forum to continue to assist for new testers or those going through the protocols. 

Thanks SuperSpeed - I haven’t taken a break but have been doing maintenance all summer. I’m going to resume next week and was thinking I’d start at level 3 - I finished 2 when I backed off in mid June - I’ve been doing 1-2 level 1 protocols per week since then.

What would you recommend as I start back up in earnest?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 minutes ago, revkev said:

Thanks SuperSpeed - I haven’t taken a break but have been doing maintenance all summer. I’m going to resume next week and was thinking I’d start at level 3 - I finished 2 when I backed off in mid June - I’ve been doing 1-2 level 1 protocols per week since then.

What would you recommend as I start back up in earnest?

@revkev yes Level 3 would be the best place to start up if you can do the 3x per week sessions again.

20 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Thanks to all the testers who made it through the complete Level 2! 

Some choose now to take a break and some keep going. We have three more levels for those who would like to continue. If you choose to take a break starting at the beginning of Level 3 is fine. If you take an extended break feel free to ask where the best place to start is. 

We will be on the forum to continue to assist for new testers or those going through the protocols. 

Thank you for all your input and activity in this thread. Speaking for myself, it was a huge help!

I promised to post a video of one of the sprint protocols. Here is is:

This was my third session doing this protocol - I feel like my balance is improving every time out, but you can still see a couple swing in this video where it is more of a scramble for me to get reset quickly. Question for @SuperSpeed Golf: just for giggles, I have the radar set up, knowing it does not have the response time to capture all the swings, but I was curious what my speeds are doing this versus starting stationary. I have been losing about 10 mph doing this protocol, regardless of which stick I'm swinging. Is this normal? I also understand this protocol is designed to help create lag - is there some specific feeling I am going for or will it just "happen" as I progress?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Guys and Gals, my stage 2/protocol 2 review is up. My apologies for taking so long to post - let's just say there have been external factors that rose to the top of the priority list. I have a bunch of charts, etc. but I chose not to include videos since I would look like a slow poke compared to the rest of the testers - they're swing speed simply amazes me. The most important pic is not of charts, or the PRGR monitor or the sticks but of on- course results. This past spring I started out with a 22.5 index and 10 days ago I got it to a low of18. It's up a bit from that low - for the same reasons this review is late. The reason I'm dropping my Index? More GIR as I mentioned in my review. Why? Because I'm longer not only off the tee but with my second shot. SuperSpeed works. 

202327494_Image-1(20).jpg.265d08fb42e00c889a8f9c0aeafd06b9.jpg

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Great job @tony@CIC and @Apolloshowl - I think it's great that between all of us we span around 4 decades in age with a big variety in swing speeds and have almost universally seen positive results. Something to consider going forward is doing some of the tests for the advanced speed protocols and fitting them in as needed. I've found that I am fresher (and faster) on Fridays since doing that (my usual routine is M, W, F).

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Great job @tony@CIC and @Apolloshowl - I think it's great that between all of us we span around 4 decades in age with a big variety in swing speeds and have almost universally seen positive results. Something to consider going forward is doing some of the tests for the advanced speed protocols and fitting them in as needed. I've found that I am fresher (and faster) on Fridays since doing that (my usual routine is M, W, F).

That's interesting. I think part of my speed hiccups were the result of doing them on a day I played 18 (didn't want to miss a day doing protocols). We're on our way to Florida this week to look for a winter place, so I missed the workouts. I did take the sticks with me so come Monday, I'm back at it again. I'm absolutely convinced that I'm going to pick up a few more mph to hit my target of 90 come next spring.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

We're on our way to Florida this week to look for a winter place

You'll have to let us know where because it's on the Gulf side you could get in on the March spectacular that @revkev, @fozcycle and I always play.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That's interesting. I think part of my speed hiccups were the result of doing them on a day I played 18 (didn't want to miss a day doing protocols). We're on our way to Florida this week to look for a winter place, so I missed the workouts. I did take the sticks with me so come Monday, I'm back at it again. I'm absolutely convinced that I'm going to pick up a few more mph to hit my target of 90 come next spring.  

Where are you heading?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 9/17/2020 at 7:24 AM, MaxEntropy said:

I did my second session of ASD 3 last night. Overall, my balance was a little better, but still a little tricky to quickly get reset and swing. I forgot to record the swings, so I'll do it next week.

Have you incorporated that feel in your on course swing? If so, have you noticed any difference in ball striking or length you hit clubs doing that?

It looks like a good day to play golf!

Nice 2nd Protocol review! Do you think the clubhead speed variances between the different weight clubs was more due to your move and the weather? I was a little surprised the different clubs didn't increase at the same rates over time.   @tony@CIC

Interesting effect the weather apparently has. High 50's in Akron this evening. Felt pretty good and felt like decent speed, but I assume it took forever to warm up. Early speeds were ~10 mph below normal, but ended up being around usual speeds. Before driver speeds were close to what I saw the second session. Something to keep in mind for the cooler climates if you have to do it outside.

Where are you heading?

We bought a place fairly close to you, at King's Point which is on the west side of Sun City Center and just off 75.

Looking forward to playing with you guys in your March outing provided you don't mind a high handicapper . p.s. I do like to play fast.

Now comes the challenging part of managing my wife's expectations on changes to the place, buying furniture and moving some of our excess stuff down here.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

We bought a place fairly close to you, at King's Point which is on the west side of Sun City Center and just off 75.

Looking forward to playing with you guys in your March outing provided you don't mind a high handicapper . p.s. I do like to play fast.

Now comes the challenging part of managing my wife's expectations on changes to the place, buying furniture and moving some of our excess stuff down here.

That’s less than an hour from me. We will have to get together before March - we’ve got several
MGS guys in the Tampa Bay area.

Safe travels down.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I did my maintenance work out today. A coworker challenged me to add 22 push ups to any work out that I do in October for Veteran suicide awareness month. I do a regular workout twice a week that includes a number of push ups so no problem, right.

These swings must engage the same muscle group because I struggled to do 22 at the end of my session. Did them though. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That’s less than an hour from me. We will have to get together before March - we’ve got several

Safe travels down.

Cool! We're headed back to Ohio Saturday and probably won't be down officially til right after Thanksgiving (due date for our first grandchild). Will keep you posted.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

A theoretical question especially for those in 2 categories: slower swing speed and higher ss numbers with the yellow or green sticks.

Since the SS is higher for those lighter sticks, wouldn't it make a difference in going to lighter shafts and drivers? Yes I know the common answer is go get fit - which I have been, but just curious.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

@MaxEntropy, quick question...I've scanned back through several pages and have read your review, so if I am asking something you already answered somewhere then my apologies, but I tried!  Regarding the Advanced Sprint Protocol, what was it about your swing, your training, progress, or whatever that led @SuperSpeed Golfto recommend that particular protocol?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

@MaxEntropy, quick question...I've scanned back through several pages and have read your review, so if I am asking something you already answered somewhere then my apologies, but I tried!  Regarding the Advanced Sprint Protocol, what was it about your swing, your training, progress, or whatever that led @SuperSpeed Golfto recommend that particular protocol?

There are "tests" you can do to see if the advanced protocols would be of any help. If you are on the overspeed training protocol page, there are three advanced speed development protocols. If you click on any of them, there is a description of an easy test to see if they might be of assistance. I honestly don't even remember any more why they recommended I do the tests - perhaps I had asked a question about sequencing/mechanics of my swing? I may have to see if I can find it again.

https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocols

Level one is for using the ground better, but I passed that test (basically hit five balls standing in the exact same spot and see if you have torn up the turf at all). Level two is for rotational sequencing and the test is to hit ball with a half swing while measuring swing speed. If it is within 7% of full swing, you are good. I was around 10%. The last one is about generating lag - the test is to pause a video as close as you can get to the top, and draw/measure the angle between wrists and shaft. Advance to just as downswing is starting (next frame unless you are Hideki) and repeat - if you have proper lag, the angle should get a bit smaller in the second frame. My angle was the same. They recommended level 3 first, I assume because I was pretty close to on point with the half swing.

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

There are "tests" you can do to see if the advanced protocols would be of any help. If you are on the overspeed training protocol page, there are three advanced speed development protocols. If you click on any of them, there is a description of an easy test to see if they might be of assistance. I honestly don't even remember any more why they recommended I do the tests - perhaps I had asked a question about sequencing/mechanics of my swing? I may have to see if I can find it again.

https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocols

Level one is for using the ground better, but I passed that test (basically hit five balls standing in the exact same spot and see if you have torn up the turf at all). Level two is for rotational sequencing and the test is to hit ball with a half swing while measuring swing speed. If it is within 7% of full swing, you are good. I was around 10%. The last one is about generating lag - the test is to pause a video as close as you can get to the top, and draw/measure the angle between wrists and shaft. Advance to just as downswing is starting (next frame unless you are Hideki) and repeat - if you have proper lag, the angle should get a bit smaller in the second frame. My angle was the same. They recommended level 3 first, I assume because I was pretty close to on point with the half swing.

Perfect, thanks.  I've seen the tests on the website but have stayed on the "straight and narrow" of the standard protocols.  Now that I'm almost halfway through Level 3 though I may look at adding one of these in (the right one) if only for the sake of breaking up the monotony.  I'll do the tests but I'd be surprised if it isn't Level 3...when I'm going bad I tend to throw the clubhead at the ball like that.

Thanks again.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

13 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Perfect, thanks.  I've seen the tests on the website but have stayed on the "straight and narrow" of the standard protocols.  Now that I'm almost halfway through Level 3 though I may look at adding one of these in (the right one) if only for the sake of breaking up the monotony.  I'll do the tests but I'd be surprised if it isn't Level 3...when I'm going bad I tend to throw the clubhead at the ball like that.

Thanks again.

I started mixing in the other protocol when I started Level 3 and I agree it does break up the monotony a bit. The ASD3 is also nice, since it's a sprint protocol, I get done with it really quick. The dynamic warmup takes far longer than the swings themselves.

My final(ish) review is live.

Granted I'm not officially done with Level 2, but my broken toe is still healing and I'm not comfortable resuming just yet.  Thanks again to MGS for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful opportunity.  I will stay involved in the thread and continue updating as I resume training!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 10/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, revkev said:

So I did my maintenance work out today. A coworker challenged me to add 22 push ups to any work out that I do in October for Veteran suicide awareness month. I do a regular workout twice a week that includes a number of push ups so no problem, right.

These swings must engage the same muscle group because I struggled to do 22 at the end of my session. Did them though. 🙂

Congrats! That's an impressive effort for a great cause!

Edited by TaketheCannoli

On 10/1/2020 at 8:55 AM, revkev said:

Safe travels down.

We also head to Florida for the winter. We're a little south of Ft. Myers in Bonita Springs. If you'd be willing to let an old hacker join, I'd love to play if possible.

Just got my own set of Super Speed clubs and have started the protocols. I have enjoyed all the reviews on here and it's what encouraged me to go for it. I have a question though for @SuperSpeed Golf or anyone else if they have the PRGR monitor for there speed measurements. I have a had a swing with the sticks where the monitor picks up a "ball" speed when the obviously isn't one. Is this likely it picked up something moving ahead of me or a missread on the club and both speeds are from the club head. Just want to know what speed I should put in for a club when that happens. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

11 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

We also head to Florida for the winter. We're a little south of Ft. Myers in Bonita Springs. If you'd be willing to let an old hacker join, I'd love to play if possible.

I'll be in Bonita in March. Can I interest you in a round at San Carlos?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Just got my own set of Super Speed clubs and have started the protocols. I have enjoyed all the reviews on here and it's what encouraged me to go for it. I have a question though for @SuperSpeed Golf or anyone else if they have the PRGR monitor for there speed measurements. I have a had a swing with the sticks where the monitor picks up a "ball" speed when the obviously isn't one. Is this likely it picked up something moving ahead of me or a missread on the club and both speeds are from the club head. Just want to know what speed I should put in for a club when that happens. 

I have never been able to figure out the root cause of the false ball readings, but it seems like it might be related to how close to the ground the club passes in relation to how I have the radar angled. I have noticed, on many occasions, what shows up as the ball speed for me is pretty close to what the club speed should be.

13 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have never been able to figure out the root cause of the false ball readings, but it seems like it might be related to how close to the ground the club passes in relation to how I have the radar angled. I have noticed, on many occasions, what shows up as the ball speed for me is pretty close to what the club speed should be.

I mean that's what I want to believe as they are always higher and will show some nice progress if I can count those as club speeds. This seems to happen on my highest swing speed. Thanks for the feedback I had a feeling it might have to do with the radar angle and it catching my swing on the way down then passing a bit too low (the radar might be sitting up a bit) then picking it back up on the upswing right about where I would hit a ball. Of course this could all be wishful thinking.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

14 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I mean that's what I want to believe as they are always higher and will show some nice progress if I can count those as club speeds.

FWIW, when I was in the "official" portion of the review, I never used any number when it showed a ball speed, but now that I am past it, I will use it if it is within 1-2 mph of the swing just before or just after.

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

FWIW, when I was in the "official" portion of the review, I never used any number when it showed a ball speed, but now that I am past it, I will use it if it is within 1-2 mph of the swing just before or just after.

Makes sense some of them have seemed way off but others have been close.