TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

After I’m done with Level 2, I think I’m going to stop recording swing speed. PRGR read my driver speed at 100mph yesterday..... yeah.... 100mph lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 11/6/2020 at 1:33 PM, ChasingScratch said:

I need you to help me with my PRGR setup.  I had a range of 11mph in my green normal swings today (from 119mph to 130mph).  I also had red normal swings that topped at 113mph and one was only 111mph.  For green heel stomp swings, I had one read 117mph and one read 131mph.  When I did my last set of green normal swings at the end, one was 113mph and one was 130mph.  It just boggles my mind sometimes. 

When I finished my Level 1, I was swinging the green sticks at 141mph.  I find it hard to believe that I've lost speed.  I can't ever seem to get driver to read consistently either.  on GC Quad, it reads 122-124mph.  with PRGR, I haven't been over 120mph since Level 2 week 5...

So any tips on setup would be much appreciated and implemented. I'm thinking of using alignment sticks to play around with it.  I also do it out in a field, so maybe the grass interferes?  But I have it setup on the little stand I've always used.

I have been through level 1 myself with the PRGR monitor, and I have found flat ground that is clear works best. I have used my drive way (dirt) or a mossy section of my lawn to get the most consistent readings. I also have used and alignment stick to make sure that I am on the correct line and that I am not too far away from it, because I have noticed that car really affect the readings. I also agree that I want to try it on the course to see what is going on as I seem to hit no where near as far as I should given the speeds I am seeing, though I am likely slowing way back down to keep the ball in play. Good thing the season is almost over so I can stop worrying about that for a while.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I have been through level 1 myself with the PRGR monitor, and I have found flat ground that is clear works best. I have used my drive way (dirt) or a mossy section of my lawn to get the most consistent readings. I also have used and alignment stick to make sure that I am on the correct line and that I am not too far away from it, because I have noticed that car really affect the readings. I also agree that I want to try it on the course to see what is going on as I seem to hit no where near as far as I should given the speeds I am seeing, though I am likely slowing way back down to keep the ball in play. Good thing the season is almost over so I can stop worrying about that for a while.

When I was testing the first time around our SuperSpeed advisor challenged me to go play a round where I swung as fast as I could with driver no matter what.

I played 9 by myself at my club on a quiet day and used my personal LM on every drive - voice caddy at that time - quick set up.

I remember the last drive that I hit carrying 241 down the middle - I brought the device in to show the assistant pro whom I was often with on the range. His eyes bugged out,he grabbed my red stick out of my bag and wrote the contact info down to order.

Try doing that yourself - it’s the end of your season anyway - try a round that doesn’t mater where you go full Bryson on every driver swing - you may be stunned.

I intend to do this in all rounds played this winter so that it’s ingrained for when my league resumes - hopefully - next Spring.

Good luck

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

When I was testing the first time around our SuperSpeed advisor challenged me to go play a round where I swung as fast as I could with driver no matter what.

I played 9 by myself at my club on a quiet day and used my personal LM on every drive - voice caddy at that time - quick set up.

I remember the last drive that I hit carrying 241 down the middle - I brought the device in to show the assistant pro whom I was often with on the range. His eyes bugged out,he grabbed my red stick out of my bag and wrote the contact info down to order.

Try doing that yourself - it’s the end of your season anyway - try a round that doesn’t mater where you go full Bryson on every driver swing - you may be stunned.

I intend to do this in all rounds played this winter so that it’s ingrained for when my league resumes - hopefully - next Spring.

Good luck

Yeah hoping to do just that for sure grab some balls and let loose to try to start to get the feeling of playing with the swing

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

After I’m done with Level 2, I think I’m going to stop recording swing speed. PRGR read my driver speed at 100mph yesterday..... yeah.... 100mph lol.

I just smashed my radar yesterday on a lefty swing lol.  But I think it's a good thing for me too! I'm just going to keep doing the protocol's and make sure my mechanics are good, rather than chase the big number!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I just smashed my radar yesterday on a lefty swing lol.  But I think it's a good thing for me too! I'm just going to keep doing the protocol's and make sure my mechanics are good, rather than chase the big number!

You may wish to reach out to SuperSpeed about that strategy - I suspect they would recommend you get a new device. The idea is to keep pushing yourself into figuring out ways to swing faster.

If you get to level 3 there are a series of mid week drills to help with swing flaws

Good luck

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I went with SuperSpeed program from November until March 2 years ago. Had the radar and the whole program going. Did the program in my garage with all types of nasty cold weather outside.

Went to play late winter golf and that swing it as hard as you can mode did not work at all as I was all over the place., almost whiffed a few!  Took me about a month to get back to the fairway on a consistent basis. 

Plus everyone especially beware of a back injury from over-training in following their set protocols.  I had a deep low back/pain radiating into my piriformis muscle (truly a pain in the ass) injury that required rx/physical therapy for a month to get relief from shooting pain and plus be able to get back to swing the club. Before everyone replies "moderation" that is not  what they are advising in the protocols.

So I suggest be careful,...sold my SuperSpeed sticks on eBay and will never go that SuperSpeed route ever again looking for more distance. There are way more swing enhancements/static set-up stance changes you can do ie the very proven hitting with an upward angle of attack to get that 20 yards or more on your drives.

1 hour ago, RITZ said:

I went with SuperSpeed program from November until March 2 years ago. Had the radar and the whole program going. Did the program in my garage with all types of nasty cold weather outside.

Went to play late winter golf and that swing it as hard as you can mode did not work at all as I was all over the place., almost whiffed a few!  Took me about a month to get back to the fairway on a consistent basis. 

Plus everyone especially beware of a back injury from over-training in following their set protocols.  I had a deep low back/pain radiating into my piriformis muscle (truly a pain in the ass) injury that required rx/physical therapy for a month to get relief from shooting pain and plus be able to get back to swing the club. Before everyone replies "moderation" that is not  what they are advising in the protocols.

So I suggest be careful,...sold my SuperSpeed sticks on eBay and will never go that SuperSpeed route ever again looking for more distance. There are way more swing enhancements/static set-up stance changes you can do ie the very proven hitting with an upward angle of attack to get that 20 yards or more on your drives.

Sorry to hear that you had those issues. Just had a few questions with follow up as having gone through the protocols as a tester and someone who has had back issues before (mainly from work) did not find that to be the case.

Did you do the recommended stretches and warm up before each session? Also were you doing more then 3 times a week?

Obviously a single product may not be for everyone, but as this has been highly popular and proven to show man benefits for lots it would be good to learn more of your experience to pass along to others. I am also sure superspeed would be interested in knowing more specifics as they are extremely helpful on the forum and with other cs.

Again thanks for sharing and hope to hear more!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I did my own stretching routine prior to doing this 3x a week.  Basic type flexibility stretches for legs/arms/shoulders/back.

A long stretching program prior to exercise is another topic that is debated in the work-out circles as not being of value as much as it is assumed as the control groups without stretching and those that did stretching did not show any higher significant value or results but that is another topic.  

In my view the repetitive stress on muscles swinging at the max swing speed over a period of time leads to break down.

Again individual results will vary.  Thanks for your note.

@Ritz, certainly everyone is different. Given the results the SuperSpeed is getting on tour along with the results from two different test groups here its pretty clear that overspeed training benefits a fairly large group of people.

We did have a fairly large variation within our test groups.

Good luck on your attempts at gaining some yards and I hope your back has healed.

IMG_2360.JPG

In the meantime we’re hunkered down as Eta hits - as you can see I’ve made sure the valuable stuff is off the back porch and safely stowed away. We are in for a bumpy 8 hours.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

27 minutes ago, revkev said:

In the meantime we’re hunkered down as Eta hits - as you can see I’ve made sure the valuable stuff is off the back porch and safely stowed away. We are in for a bumpy 8 hours.

Stay safe

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

22 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Stay safe

We did, thankfully - sadly there is a ton of flooding in our county.  One of our church/school families lost just about everything - they had to evacuate their house at 2 AM through chest high water with two young children on their shoulders.  Very scary

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

We did, thankfully - sadly there is a ton of flooding in our county.  One of our church/school families lost just about everything - they had to evacuate their house at 2 AM through chest high water with two young children on their shoulders.  Very scary

That's sad. We had a ton of rain here at Kings Point but doesn't appear to have caused much damage.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Finally...... done....

I'll be reaching out to @SuperSpeed Golf to see about Level 3 and what I should do.

I'll be posting my final Level 2 Week 8 video today.

The PRGR says I'm slower, I just don't feel it.  I don't know when I'll be able to get on a GC Quad again, but hopefully I can see what's what.

Happy Masters Tournament to everyone!

WITB:

Last video for the official review is live:

WITB:

Anyone else not really seen the translation to course after doing all these protocols? Maybe it’s just my mechanics but I’ve been hitting the ball pretty straight, if anything I’ve lost distance this year. Curious if anyone else has experienced this

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Anyone else not really seen the translation to course after doing all these protocols? Maybe it’s just my mechanics but I’ve been hitting the ball pretty straight, if anything I’ve lost distance this year. Curious if anyone else has experienced this

From my experiences I had a speed jump early on - after 6-8 weeks of about 5 mph s and then it stayed flat on the course for a very long time up until the last week before our review - week 26 or so - I then had a big speed jump in the protocols and a few weeks later on course followed after Daisy from SuperSpeed challenged me to play a round swinging as fast as I could I picked up an additional 4 mph on course - I was regularly carrying driver over 220 when I was rarely able to carry it over 205 at the start.

Unfortunately summer hit, the weather got brutally hot and I stopped protocols - I didn’t loose everything but lost a good deal of what I gained.

Ive gotten all of it back by starting up again after the new year. I only did weekly maintenance over the summer but I never missed a week.

I also swing as fast as I can with driver still - SuperSpeed teaches you to swing faster but you do need to apply what your body learns in your sessions to on the course.

Good luck - I hope that rambling helps you carry some more speed to the course.

The biggest deal was my handicap dropping from around 9 to 4.6 today if that’s an encouragement -

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

From my experiences I had a speed jump early on - after 6-8 weeks of about 5 mph s and then it stayed flat on the course for a very long time up until the last week before our review - week 26 or so - I then had a big speed jump in the protocols and a few weeks later on course followed after Daisy from SuperSpeed challenged me to play a round swinging as fast as I could I picked up an additional 4 mph on course - I was regularly carrying driver over 220 when I was rarely able to carry it over 205 at the start.

Unfortunately summer hit, the weather got brutally hot and I stopped protocols - I didn’t loose everything but lost a good deal of what I gained.

Ive gotten all of it back by starting up again after the new year. I only did weekly maintenance over the summer but I never missed a week.

I also swing as fast as I can with driver still - SuperSpeed teaches you to swing faster but you do need to apply what your body learns in your sessions to on the course.

Good luck - I hope that rambling helps you carry some more speed to the course.

The biggest deal was my handicap dropping from around 9 to 4.6 today if that’s an encouragement -

My biggest thing is I can’t find the face when I swing as hard as I can LOL

Also this happened last week. Might be for the better Image1605382767.960470.jpg

I didn't lose distance, but during Protocol 1, it messed with my swing - specifically driver. I did eventually work it out. Overall I was pretty pleased with the progress and did add several mph to my drives.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

After a hiatus of a couple of months - between helping my son with home improvement projects and the move to Florida, I'm officially back into the Protocols. Played my first two rounds this week and knew immediately that I regressed in SS. So I started the protocol (2) today and then shortly after went to the range. I was surprised that I had only lost about 3 mph with my driver. Time to not only recoup that 3 mph but also move onto the next level

Edit: I am also using the OW in conjunction with the sticks as I find the OW keeps my swing in check.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Working from home now that Michigan is back on modified COVID restrictions. Has the perk of being able to get outside to do protocols at lunchtime.

I started the fourth protocol per the recommendation of the SuperSpeed team in this thread. Very happy to see my speeds have stayed steady despite some layoff time.

IMG_18112020_195442_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.ea0b9582bdf34cebff5597b5f8ff7ba8.jpg

Also, I continue to pass the turf tear test...

IMG_18112020_195436_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.1b780ae6f335605b56cd69e03367ace7.jpg

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

14 hours ago, edingc said:

IMG_18112020_195436_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.1b780ae6f335605b56cd69e03367ace7.jpg

That's a good start, where I swing my clubs is completely bare and I keep digging up some rock (probably the only thing that has prevented holes from forming). I think I have talked the wife into buying a big mat for next year.

So I've had Superspeed for a while and have been doing it for about a year. When I started I couldn't break 150 mph ball speed with driver. Now I am right around 160. Much better, but I have an issue where I am much more conservative with the driver instead of just letting loose. I have a tendency to slide my hips forward with driver and tilt toward the target at the top of my backswing causing a very low launch angle, 5-9 degrees and over 3K backspin. With the Superspeed sticks, I rotate all the way through and stay back nicely like I should. A couple weeks ago I was taking some swings with my eyes closed with Superspeed and then with the driver, to try and get both swings to match. I then duplicated the swing with a ball and ball speed was 166-169. I was shocked, but have not been able to recreate this since. Has anyone else came across anything similar or have any tips?

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
TSR3, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
JPX 921 Tour Irons
Evnroll EV5.1
ProV1x

So I've had Superspeed for a while and have been doing it for about a year. When I started I couldn't break 150 mph ball speed with driver. Now I am right around 160. Much better, but I have an issue where I am much more conservative with the driver instead of just letting loose. I have a tendency to slide my hips forward with driver and tilt toward the target at the top of my backswing causing a very low launch angle, 5-9 degrees and over 3K backspin. With the Superspeed sticks, I rotate all the way through and stay back nicely like I should. A couple weeks ago I was taking some swings with my eyes closed with Superspeed and then with the driver, to try and get both swings to match. I then duplicated the swing with a ball and ball speed was 166-169. I was shocked, but have not been able to recreate this since. Has anyone else came across anything similar or have any tips?

Not even close for me. I seem to lose my balance swinging with my eyes closed which keeps me from continuing to do it

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Super Speed Round Up - Jbmullin 

I want to first off apologize to the community for not being prompt on this review , it might seem silly but I take this responsibility seriously and due to an injury from over training (running not golf) I was basically limping for a couple months and work , life, covid concerns with kids all got in the way. Not making excuses for my absence but I do feel I owe one. 

I want to again thank Super Speed and MGS for this great opportunity , it was a massive win for my golf swing and game, some control issues but I had those before, but seeing improved distance was a win. 

A bit about my game .. its never where I want it or expect it to be , but I am more positive now than before.

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - link to my you tube page where I have posted my reviews and wrap ups.

I typically average 220-230 off the tee on a good day..  my longest this last summer was 263 yards and had about 10 -15 more in the 245 plus range.. I know its in me to "hit bombs"  just working on the consistency. 

My miss is left.. and not just a little left... a lot left. I have been taking lessons as well and working on shafts and head settings etc to find the right setups. 

Along with longer drives I was seeing shorter irons into greens and man what a difference that makes when you can go driver 7 or 9 and not driver 5 or hybrid .. made 4 birdies this year .. ive never made more than 2 before in a summer. 

From a fitness stand point.. other than the hip issue , I am by my evaluation exceptionally fit.. I run over 100 kms per week every week and do HIIT training 4-6 days a week. Training for a marathon prior to COVID. 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box , the sticks themselves were good quality, only issue I had was the grips, not great in my opinion. somewhat slick and found I needed to use gloves when I would get further into the protocol. Out of the box not much really special , plan jane ,  not real bells or whistles.  I don't recall seeing the protocols or guide in the box and would be a good add , maybe the protocols and a tracking book or something. 

Grading:

Physical Product:  15/20    

not much here really , the sticks are color coded and easy to distinguish , only issue I have is the grips , would like to see something more quality. 

PROGRAM:  14/20

This one is a tough one to score higher, its a great program and I seen a lot of benefit from it. We had a great start up call and set us up for moving into the testing protocol and the chat group had lots of chatter.. 

I will say this is a massive time commitment and something you really need to be committed to. I actually found it becoming a burden in the end and something I was not looking forward to as it took so much time and moving back and forth , knees , opposite sides. you need to be warmed up and have to be loose or you will for sure hurt yourself. 

Part of the issue for me , I live in a place where we get 4-5 months a year of golf.. by the time October rolls around its usually near 0 degrees and risk of snow at anytime and then stays cold and winter until March.. it sucks.  So I would rather be golfing every chance I get.  I fully plan on committing to starting the swing protocols again this winter now that there are no courses or ranges open. 

Performance: 34/40

Hard to argue with the results of this protocol and program. I started off in the "Turtle" catagory and in the end was seeing my driver speeds up 12+ mph into the mid 90's or higher sometimes .. now like I have stated above.. accuracy literally went sideways... way left sideways .. so its a work in cooperation between the speed and accuracy. 

Performance on the course, well this was one of the best seasons I have ever had and am looking forward to next season already. When drivers were playable,  it was short iron in and not 3/5 wood/Hybrid/Iron.  It makes such a massive difference to scoring. 

These are not magic wands and you wont add speed or distance with out putting in the work, but if you do you will be pleased with the results. 

Misc: 6/10

Was not sure what I was expecting .. bells , whistles .. or other , but was really expecting a bit more when I opened the box, 3 sticks and not much else. Would really like to have the protocols included and perhaps a documentation book or something for speed tracking. I printed off the directions and pages from the website but for the cost of the program.. include them in the box. The grips could be better , really not great quality. 

KEEP OR REGIFT:   9/10 

These are keepers for me, I am looking forward to restarting the protocols this winter and see where I net out next spring when winter goes away for 3-4 weeks....  

CONCLUSION: 

This program is worth the price and time it takes .. like most things in life , it takes work to be successful. You will not open the box , swing a few times and be hitting bombs. The warm up is extensive and you cant do this cold. If you put in the time you will see the benefits of your work. There are a lot of movements and I was somewhat confused by the benefits of the "swinging from the knees" but in the end follow the process and be happy with the results. 

FINAL SCORE : 78/100

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - follow along on my progress on my Youtube page , as I mentioned , I plan on working from start to finish again this off season and will keep posting updates. 

Apologies for being so late with this post, and again a massive thank you to Superspeed and MGS for this great opportunity. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I'm going to be doing the SuperSpeed C (Counterweighted stick) Level 1 protocol.  I'll probably start after Thanksgiving week. 

We'll see what that does.

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Super Speed Round Up - Jbmullin 

I want to first off apologize to the community for not being prompt on this review , it might seem silly but I take this responsibility seriously and due to an injury from over training (running not golf) I was basically limping for a couple months and work , life, covid concerns with kids all got in the way. Not making excuses for my absence but I do feel I owe one. 

I want to again thank Super Speed and MGS for this great opportunity , it was a massive win for my golf swing and game, some control issues but I had those before, but seeing improved distance was a win. 

A bit about my game .. its never where I want it or expect it to be , but I am more positive now than before.

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - link to my you tube page where I have posted my reviews and wrap ups.

I typically average 220-230 off the tee on a good day..  my longest this last summer was 263 yards and had about 10 -15 more in the 245 plus range.. I know its in me to "hit bombs"  just working on the consistency. 

My miss is left.. and not just a little left... a lot left. I have been taking lessons as well and working on shafts and head settings etc to find the right setups. 

Along with longer drives I was seeing shorter irons into greens and man what a difference that makes when you can go driver 7 or 9 and not driver 5 or hybrid .. made 4 birdies this year .. ive never made more than 2 before in a summer. 

From a fitness stand point.. other than the hip issue , I am by my evaluation exceptionally fit.. I run over 100 kms per week every week and do HIIT training 4-6 days a week. Training for a marathon prior to COVID. 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box , the sticks themselves were good quality, only issue I had was the grips, not great in my opinion. somewhat slick and found I needed to use gloves when I would get further into the protocol. Out of the box not much really special , plan jane ,  not real bells or whistles.  I don't recall seeing the protocols or guide in the box and would be a good add , maybe the protocols and a tracking book or something. 

Grading:

Physical Product:  15/20    

not much here really , the sticks are color coded and easy to distinguish , only issue I have is the grips , would like to see something more quality. 

PROGRAM:  14/20

This one is a tough one to score higher, its a great program and I seen a lot of benefit from it. We had a great start up call and set us up for moving into the testing protocol and the chat group had lots of chatter.. 

I will say this is a massive time commitment and something you really need to be committed to. I actually found it becoming a burden in the end and something I was not looking forward to as it took so much time and moving back and forth , knees , opposite sides. you need to be warmed up and have to be loose or you will for sure hurt yourself. 

Part of the issue for me , I live in a place where we get 4-5 months a year of golf.. by the time October rolls around its usually near 0 degrees and risk of snow at anytime and then stays cold and winter until March.. it sucks.  So I would rather be golfing every chance I get.  I fully plan on committing to starting the swing protocols again this winter now that there are no courses or ranges open. 

Performance: 34/40

Hard to argue with the results of this protocol and program. I started off in the "Turtle" catagory and in the end was seeing my driver speeds up 12+ mph into the mid 90's or higher sometimes .. now like I have stated above.. accuracy literally went sideways... way left sideways .. so its a work in cooperation between the speed and accuracy. 

Performance on the course, well this was one of the best seasons I have ever had and am looking forward to next season already. When drivers were playable,  it was short iron in and not 3/5 wood/Hybrid/Iron.  It makes such a massive difference to scoring. 

These are not magic wands and you wont add speed or distance with out putting in the work, but if you do you will be pleased with the results. 

Misc: 6/10

Was not sure what I was expecting .. bells , whistles .. or other , but was really expecting a bit more when I opened the box, 3 sticks and not much else. Would really like to have the protocols included and perhaps a documentation book or something for speed tracking. I printed off the directions and pages from the website but for the cost of the program.. include them in the box. The grips could be better , really not great quality. 

KEEP OR REGIFT:   9/10 

These are keepers for me, I am looking forward to restarting the protocols this winter and see where I net out next spring when winter goes away for 3-4 weeks....  

CONCLUSION: 

This program is worth the price and time it takes .. like most things in life , it takes work to be successful. You will not open the box , swing a few times and be hitting bombs. The warm up is extensive and you cant do this cold. If you put in the time you will see the benefits of your work. There are a lot of movements and I was somewhat confused by the benefits of the "swinging from the knees" but in the end follow the process and be happy with the results. 

FINAL SCORE : 78/100

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - follow along on my progress on my Youtube page , as I mentioned , I plan on working from start to finish again this off season and will keep posting updates. 

Apologies for being so late with this post, and again a massive thank you to Superspeed and MGS for this great opportunity. 

Great review. Don't feel bad about the delay, life has a habit of getting in the way of our extracurricular activities. 

I like your idea about a 'tracking book'. I use a scrap piece of paper to write down the speeds of different clubs which I then transfer to excel. They could set it up with tracking pages for different protocols - that would serve as a reminder for dates and different protocols.

The sticks do have marginal grips. Since my wife and I were using the sticks I didn't change the grips and instead decided to use rain gloves  on both hands . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart