TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Okay here’s a question for anyone doing protocols, having done protocols and for SuperSpeed if they happen to check in.

Does anyone do a post protocol warm down? If so what.

My trainer suggested that I start doing one. I went, duh, how could I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years without considering that.

I did a self cobbled one after today’s workout but I’m all ears as to what others may be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay here’s a question for anyone doing protocols, having done protocols and for SuperSpeed if they happen to check in.

Does anyone do a post protocol warm down? If so what.

My trainer suggested that I start doing one. I went, duh, how could I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years without considering that.

I did a self cobbled one after today’s workout but I’m all ears as to what others may be doing.

Rev,

Not sure if this qualifies as a 'warm-down' , I use OW both before and after my protocol. The post protocol with the OW is generally pretty slow - around 30 mph if you believe the PRGR monitor. I never thought of it as a 'warm-down' but rather a way to keep my swing in check.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I started the Counterweight Level 1 protocol yesterday. The metal head on that stick is lighter and smaller than the green stick. The counterweight in the grip really gets your hands snapping hard through the impact zone.

It is a much more simple protocol (it seems like), in that you are only working with the one stick, as opposed to the three in the regular program.

I’ll keep updates coming. No videos this time. I just don’t have the time to commit to doing that for an entire protocol again. I will likely do a review video after I’m done with the protocol.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

IMG_2456.thumb.JPG.5545db227b525df5fb56747371944cc8.JPG

Had my first drive on a swing over 100 mph on both the radar and potable LM. I’ve had a number on the radar but they were not on the LM. This was 102 and 101 on devices respectively.

Looking back to early fall (when I resumed regular protocols instead of just doing maintenance) I was averaging 91 mph SS. Today it was 96 mph for a 20 drive series. That is significant. My average ball speed was up to 136, from 130 and carry distance to 222 from 215. I suspected that I had gotten faster based on where I’ve hit my drives to the last couple of times that I’ve played.

And it’s starting to dry out a bit finally, the late season tropical storm kept us wet much longer than normal. I hit one drive that carried 235 per the LM - I’d think that it was over 250 with its run out. I know it was past a flag that I measured at 242 from where I was at.

I will need to pause the next few weeks for obvious reasons but will do at least one work out a week to keep this speed up.

I’m very excited

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

At the risk of maybe missing this earlier, is it a terrible idea to use the sticks without a launch monitor? I’m definitely planning to do a before and after on driver swing speeds, but was thinking of doing the training without monitoring the changes each day. 

At the risk of maybe missing this earlier, is it a terrible idea to use the sticks without a launch monitor? I’m definitely planning to do a before and after on driver swing speeds, but was thinking of doing the training without monitoring the changes each day. 

The difficulty is not knowing if you are actually swinging faster. With a radar unit you get an actual measure of speed, not just a feel. Many time you may feel like you were faster but really weren’t

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The difficulty is not knowing if you are actually swinging faster. With a radar unit you get an actual measure of speed, not just a feel. Many time you may feel like you were faster but really weren’t

I'd agree, but I'd also add that the training can still be done and still help you make significant speed gains, it's just that having the unit helps you make the training more efficient.

Some have argued that the radar is necessary to stay motivated...seeing the numbers day-to-day brings you back for more.  That argument doesn't resonate with me...I have no problem trusting a process and looking for my gains on the course, when they come.  (Or, via sporadic use of simulators when I can.)

The notion that the radar helps you learn how to swing fast...that I can't argue with.  Makes sense.  Wish I had one.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@ELEL13 you'll find a lot of agreement on @cnosilcomment. Doing the before and after is important to understand the progress, but you don't know what you could have missed in increased driver speed. By not continually monitoring progress you might leave 5 or more mph on the table. Using the LM allows you to see ongoing progress from week to week, and captures the jumps that happen throughout the protocols. I also use the LM as a motivator to swing faster and it's the perfect device to provide you that feedback. As @cnosil you think you may be swinging faster but aren't, that has happened numerous times to me where I think (and hear) that I'm swinging faster but actually not. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 hours ago, ELEL13 said:

I would agree with other posters and add that if you are a competitive person by nature having the speed measuring device will push you to be faster with every swing.  

I doubt that I would receive much benefit by training without a device of some sort to be quite honest.  I've learned that what I feel is not often correct.  Likewise I've learned a lot with my personal LM in regards to what trajectory is right for distance with driver,  What you see and feel there isn't always correct either.

Good luck with your training.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

22 minutes ago, ELEL13 said:

Just starting this, very excited. I was planing to do this inside carpeted room in socks. Has anyone trained like that? I’m assuming I’d swing faster outside in sneakers but tough with the snow. 

Hmmm interesting. If I was swinging inside with socks, I'd probably lose my balance as well as be hesitant about swinging faster (fearful of damage to inside space), but that's just me. Also, I think a key element in increasing speed is using ground forces which would be difficult with just socks. Can you do it in the garage or basement - that way you could use sneakers or golf shoes.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

25 minutes ago, ELEL13 said:

Just starting this, very excited. I was planing to do this inside carpeted room in socks. Has anyone trained like that? I’m assuming I’d swing faster outside in sneakers but tough with the snow. 

I'm with @tony@CIC, seems like you'd be compromising the training's ability to help you better leverage ground reaction forces.

I live in Nebraska so doing the protocols inside in a controlled climate is appealing, but I'm still doing them in the garage with an extra layer on.  There are just too many swings like the Step Back and Double Step that I would think would be seriously compromised and maybe even lead to injury potential if you don't have good traction.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I’d strongly consider still wearing some sort of sneaker. There’s a lot of ground force involved in getting faster and I think you’ll benefit from the support.

Some of the later drills look to make sure you’re using the ground efficiently and the trick is to look for torn up grass, so your feet will be active.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I've really cut down the number of reps, but I've at least been consistent in getting out there and swinging 5-10 times with each stick while there is no snow on the ground.

I've been focusing on using the ground better in my swing, and that, along with some weightlifting and stretching, is yielding some good results. 

A few weeks ago I hit a then personal best 141 with the green stick. Today, I hit 142. Meant to grab a picture but I brushed the clubhead past the radar on the way back and cleared my results 😭.

138 will have to do...

IMG_22122020_124529_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.67711fe2a3077a0f8e94a90ed102bde5.jpg

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Hey guys, just started with the Superspeed and I’m noticing that I’m swinging the red stick a decent amount slower than my driver (103 max with the red stick, driver max 109 after a session). 

Did anyone else see a similar pattern?

My max green stick swing is 120mph and so far I’ve only done 2 sessions. 

Hey guys, just started with the Superspeed and I’m noticing that I’m swinging the red stick a decent amount slower than my driver (103 max with the red stick, driver max 109 after a session). 

Did anyone else see a similar pattern?
My max green stick swing is 120mph and so far I’ve only done 2 sessions. 

I’m almost always faster on dry swings with my driver than the red.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’ve got that need...the need for speed!  Looks like I’m joining the Superspeed fray. I know the LM or SS radar topic has been broached and covered fully, but I think I’ve got a question that may not have been covered.  The reindeer express brought the sticks but I’ve got to find a LM or SS radar. 

I’ve been wrestling the idea of saving up for a Mevo+ for the past few weeks...or even a Mevo— but I haven’t committed yet and I’d rather not buy a LM for just SS training and one for practice. With that comes the first question of have any of you guys used Mevo for tracking SS training numbers?  Does it even work without a ball?   Or am I going to have to buy a PRGR Black/Swing Caddie or the original SS radar to track my training?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Does Superspeed publish an estimate of how each stick translates into swing speed? Ie, if you swing 110 on green that typically equates to ___ on driver swing speed?  Or does say the blue stick generally indicate where you might swing? Just trying to gauge how to best measure swing speed based on how I am swinging the various sticks. I’m on day 3 and have gotten to 110 on the last green swings, up from 100 on the last green swing the very first day. Thanks!

On 12/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, B.Boston said:

I’d strongly consider still wearing some sort of sneaker. There’s a lot of ground force involved in getting faster and I think you’ll benefit from the support.

Some of the later drills look to make sure you’re using the ground efficiently and the trick is to look for torn up grass, so your feet will be active.

On 12/22/2020 at 7:45 AM, ELEL13 said:

100% agree with @B.Boston on this one - I've snuck in some sets with flip flops and Crocs, but I've found it more effective when I have good grip and stability. I think spikeless golf shoes are best for indoor sessions. If that's not an option, running/hiking shoes or something similar are next best. If you're set on going shoeless, I'd go barefoot rather than wearing socks - socks are more likely to slip, which might mean slower swinging or poor form.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

8 hours ago, ELEL13 said:

Does Superspeed publish an estimate of how each stick translates into swing speed? Ie, if you swing 110 on green that typically equates to ___ on driver swing speed?  Or does say the blue stick generally indicate where you might swing? Just trying to gauge how to best measure swing speed based on how I am swinging the various sticks. I’m on day 3 and have gotten to 110 on the last green swings, up from 100 on the last green swing the very first day. Thanks!

I have an old Instagram post from SS bookmarked that says the following:

"We recommend a goal of 20% faster with the green than driver, 16% faster with the blue and 10-12% faster with the red."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6ojyEMBkfU/

I made this table which uses those calculations with a range of estimated swing speeds:

image.png.dd4a2c07f4fa93cb6ec2ddc771652ffd.png

These seem to be fairly accurate numbers - I can reach 140+ on the green stick but usually cruise in the 130-133 range. A good, fully warmed up driver can exceed 110 MPH according to my Flightscope Mevo.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I’ve got that need...the need for speed!  Looks like I’m joining the Superspeed fray. I know the LM or SS radar topic has been broached and covered fully, but I think I’ve got a question that may not have been covered.  The reindeer express brought the sticks but I’ve got to find a LM or SS radar. 
I’ve been wrestling the idea of saving up for a Mevo+ for the past few weeks...or even a Mevo— but I haven’t committed yet and I’d rather not buy a LM for just SS training and one for practice. With that comes the first question of have any of you guys used Mevo for tracking SS training numbers?  Does it even work without a ball?   Or am I going to have to buy a PRGR Black/Swing Caddie or the original SS radar to track my training?

Personal LMs don’t work as they get their data by tracking ball flight.

The radar that you can purchase through SuperSpeed is the cheapest route. They also offer an LM that tracks ball flight but I don’t know how good it is.

With the stick speeds v driver that’s average driver speed before a training session - you should be faster with driver at the end of a session than you would normally be - that additional speed only lasts a short while though.

In time the idea is to get to where the additional speed becomes your normal.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

9 hours ago, ELEL13 said:

How many people have had to change their shafts or drivers after seeing higher swing speeds? And why? Less control? Higher spin? Just curious. I’m seeing much higher spin numbers already, and just wondering if I have to make a change. 

Welcome to the forums! 

I did change drivers and shafts after I reached the first plateau but not because I was seeing increased spin or anything like that.  I was just in the market for a change.  However, I did move up to X flex.  I have the Speedzone in the more forgiving heavy weight back configuration and I'm still seeing spin numbers about the same as before with my G30.

A lot of people on here who have done the training noted getting a little case of the *fades* early on in the training, If you notice your flight is more left to right than it was before that could be why you are seeing more spin.  Also take a look at impact location, if you're more on the heel than before that could be it too.  

But if you are looking to get refit I believe the suggestion is to wait until at least hitting that plateau and you're swing speed is consistent.  What was your starting swingspeed vs current? 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

How many people have had to change their shafts or drivers after seeing higher swing speeds? And why? Less control? Higher spin? Just curious. I’m seeing much higher spin numbers already, and just wondering if I have to make a change. 

I‘be had to make very little in regards to equipment changes and I’ve been fit for stuff twice since I started training. I have clearly picked up clubhead speed but the only change so far has been to crank the driver lift down a couple of notches.

I toyed with a lighter and longer shaft that a fitter felt might work for me - it didn’t so I went back to heavier shorter.

But I’m an older slower swinging player who basically has moved from between senior/regular to regular/stiff in the 2 years of training. 85 to 95 mph driver clubhead speed through a lot of hard work.

SuperSpeed recommends going for a fitting during a plateau phase. I’d suggest considering the 2nd plateau - I think they suggest the first but they are assuming a perfect world in which a person goes through the entire 72 weeks as laid out in their program. I’m saying 2nd because by then you know you will be sticking with the program for a while.

I hope that helps

BTW I realized that I’m in a plateau right now - I played awful on Sunday. I attributed that to rust but in looking at my round I left nearly every drive right (no draw). That’s always been the hallmark of a plateau for me. The good news is that will pass fairly quickly

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have an old Instagram post from SS bookmarked that says the following:
"We recommend a goal of 20% faster with the green than driver, 16% faster with the blue and 10-12% faster with the red."
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6ojyEMBkfU/
I made this table which uses those calculations with a range of estimated swing speeds:
image.png.dd4a2c07f4fa93cb6ec2ddc771652ffd.png
These seem to be fairly accurate numbers - I can reach 140+ on the green stick but usually cruise in the 130-133 range. A good, fully warmed up driver can exceed 110 MPH according to my Flightscope Mevo.

See this is where, for whatever reason, I am different. Either in the way the PRGR reads me or in some other way. I should be swinging the sticks much faster according to my GC Quad swing speed, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter much. If you get results on the course, you get results, regardless of what the numbers read or should read. I’ve never been higher than 122mph with the red stick.

WITB:

11 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

See this is where, for whatever reason, I am different. Either in the way the PRGR reads me or in some other way. I should be swinging the sticks much faster according to my GC Quad swing speed, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter much. If you get results on the course, you get results, regardless of what the numbers read or should read. I’ve never been higher than 122mph with the red stick.

Yes, I don't think these numbers line up perfectly for everyone. For me personally, I don't see the same linear relationship between the different SuperSpeed weights. I am noticeably slower with the red club compared to blue and green. I've had the green club up over 140 in a session before, and during that same session the red club didn't move above 123. 

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

3 hours ago, edingc said:

Yes, I don't think these numbers line up perfectly for everyone. For me personally, I don't see the same linear relationship between the different SuperSpeed weights. I am noticeably slower with the red club compared to blue and green. I've had the green club up over 140 in a session before, and during that same session the red club didn't move above 123. 

I have been using the sticks as well and noticed the same thing. The Blue and Green really get moving, but it take much longer for the red to gain speed personally. Though I am only getting the green to 130 right now with club speed around 110.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 12/31/2020 at 5:36 AM, edingc said:

Exact same for me.

WITB:

Just started the training this week and have noticed a jump in driver speed of 102mph before and 106 mph after in each of first two sessions. This is only my first week of training so I am curious as to if this jump gets bigger and roughly how long to get to the first plateau if doing the protocols 3 times a week?

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review