TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

1 minute ago, ZMendle10 said:

Just started the training this week and have noticed a jump in driver speed of 102mph before and 106 mph after in each of first two sessions. This is only my first week of training so I am curious as to if this jump gets bigger and roughly how long to get to the first plateau if doing the protocols 3 times a week?

Everyone is different and has different peaks, but check out my numbers as they are similar and you may get an idea. I started right around 100 and was up to 112 after the first set of protocols. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Everyone is different and has different peaks, but check out my numbers as they are similar and you may get an idea. I started right around 100 and was up to 112 after the first set of protocols. 

I most certainly will. Since I am only on Day 3 week 1 today I am sure there is more to be gained. The goal is be able to get to between 115 and 120. I have noticed that it is starting to help me be more aware of releasing the club better as i have noticed that when I don't the swing on the radar drops significantly. This I see being a huge benefit overall as it is something that I tend to struggle with. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

31 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

I most certainly will. Since I am only on Day 3 week 1 today I am sure there is more to be gained. The goal is be able to get to between 115 and 120. I have noticed that it is starting to help me be more aware of releasing the club better as i have noticed that when I don't the swing on the radar drops significantly. This I see being a huge benefit overall as it is something that I tend to struggle with. 

That's great! Be sure to fire any more questions if you have them. A lot will likely be answered in some of the reviews but we are more the happy to lend a hand where we can as testers!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

There’s 76 pages of responses, so if this has been covered already, I apologize. I just completed my first week and I’m definitely feeling this in my wrists. I’m not really feeling it anywhere else but there. Was this common for anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

There’s 76 pages of responses, so if this has been covered already, I apologize. I just completed my first week and I’m definitely feeling this in my wrists. I’m not really feeling it anywhere else but there. Was this common for anyone else?

I was I test group 1 - I don’t recall anyone complaining about wrist pain from either group.

Back, abs (from kneeling swings),fingers, elbows I think but not wrists. I suppose it depends upon what you try to lean on for gaining speed

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, edingc said:

I have an old Instagram post from SS bookmarked that says the following:

"We recommend a goal of 20% faster with the green than driver, 16% faster with the blue and 10-12% faster with the red."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6ojyEMBkfU/

I made this table which uses those calculations with a range of estimated swing speeds:

image.png.dd4a2c07f4fa93cb6ec2ddc771652ffd.png

These seem to be fairly accurate numbers - I can reach 140+ on the green stick but usually cruise in the 130-133 range. A good, fully warmed up driver can exceed 110 MPH according to my Flightscope Mevo.

thanks so much for the chart! What’s interesting is that using prgr, I am maxing my green stick at 112, which is up a lot since I started at 87 three weeks back. But my swing speed as measured on an Optishot simulator isn’t close to this. I’ve gone from mid 90s on the Optishot to 102-106 on the sim, which feel right based on how my sticks have progressed. But they don’t line up above. I wonder if I’m not positioning the prgr correctly. I’m also doing the drills inside, and I wonder if it’s somehow psychologically affecting my swing  

thanks so much for the chart! What’s interesting is that using prgr, I am maxing my green stick at 112, which is up a lot since I started at 87 three weeks back. But my swing speed as measured on an Optishot simulator isn’t close to this. I’ve gone from mid 90s on the Optishot to 102-106 on the sim, which feel right based on how my sticks have progressed. But they don’t line up above. I wonder if I’m not positioning the prgr correctly. I’m also doing the drills inside, and I wonder if it’s somehow psychologically affecting my swing  

Since ground helps speed it could be that you’re loosing a bit by doing them inside - however I normally see PGA and LPGA users doing their protocols inside so it can’t be all bad. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Since ground helps speed it could be that you’re loosing a bit by doing them inside - however I normally see PGA and LPGA users doing their protocols inside so it can’t be all bad. 🙂

Anecdotal, but I would agree that doing protocols on a hard surface like concrete and/or indoors could lead to slightly lower speed numbers. I've kept a part of my back patio shoveled and dry this year specifically to swing outdoors, but without spikes and on hard ground I do find myself slipping every now and then.

As for my progress, the last couple of weeks at the heated range I've focused on having more intent to swing fast, in addition to lengthening out my swing some. I've seen some good results with a noticeable bump in club head speed. I haven't been swinging the SuperSpeed sticks too often - about twice a week rotating between the regular sticks and the counterweighted club. I've also cut the volume down considerably, but have increased my workload in the gym with squats, deadlifts and presses.

image.png.9ad59a57b1e2053eaf6daddf37e889cd.png

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Posted this in my "need for speed" thread but I'll drop the link here too...Mike Carroll's (of Fit for Golf) thoughts on training with SuperSpeed sticks.

Speed Sticks - Tour Data & How I Use Them (fitforgolf.blog)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Thanks for passing this site along, very interesting information. On the LM discrepancies I think he's pretty spot on with the PRGR monitor.  My only comment is that this information (PRGR Vs. Trackman) is relative vs. empirical data you 'take to the bank'. In other words I'm less concerned how accurate it is and more concerned about am I logging improvement over sessions as well as protocols. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Thanks for passing this site along, very interesting information. On the LM discrepancies I think he's pretty spot on with the PRGR monitor.  My only comment is that this information (PRGR Vs. Trackman) is relative vs. empirical data you 'take to the bank'. In other words I'm less concerned how accurate it is and more concerned about am I logging improvement over sessions as well as protocols. 

Fully agreed - not all of us have unlimited access to trackman or at least unlimited for free.  I do have a personal LM and use it along with the radar to log speed - I know that I am 2-3 mph faster on the radar than the LM and that my personal LM is pretty accurate to trackman in regards to swing speed - it doesn't give me all the same data points but it's $400 not 15K.  I'm fine with what I get from it.

I know that I hit two measured drivers over 250 on Saturday at Sea Level in 50 degree weather on fairly wet turf so I'm certainly gaining distance back - I wish it were every time but if its some of the time it will eventually click in more frequently.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay so today's workout was interesting - I'm back up and running on level 3 after the Christmas, lets just maintain, hiatus - I had something happen that does on occasion - I came out slow on the green sticks right handed and actually topped those swings lefty and then righty with the blue - I think there are times when I'm not quite warmed up as I start, particularly times when it's cooler out like it has been recently - weird weather year so far.

Also I was wondering if it might not be a good idea to hit driver shots into a net swinging as fast as possible - without "seeing" the results you wouldn't be tempted slow down a bit to hit it straighter - that could lock in a bit faster speed.

Just a thought.  I'm wondering if anyone else has thought of it or tried it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 1/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, revkev said:

Also I was wondering if it might not be a good idea to hit driver shots into a net swinging as fast as possible - without "seeing" the results you wouldn't be tempted slow down a bit to hit it straighter - that could lock in a bit faster speed.

Just a thought.  I'm wondering if anyone else has thought of it or tried it.

If you are training for speed, you want to swing driver as fast as possible with no concern to direction (including without a ball). The net is helpful in this scenario so big slices and hooks don't discourage you. The intention isn't to use these max swings on the course, but by boosting your average speed you will have greater length on controlled swings. Face contact and path should be worked on separately from the speed training to improve dispersion. 

Hitting into a net all winter 100% has the chance to cause problems when you can't get ball flight feedback. But that can occur with regular swings as well. 

Edited by BMart519

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

*Update*

Kyle of @SuperSpeed Golf told me that PRGR is supposed to be coming out with a new model in April that is supposed to fix issues that certain players have with it (maybe me).  We might compare them and see if there are any differences.

Keep chasing your speed goals!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, BMart519 said:

If you are training for speed, you want to swing driver as fast as possible with no concern to direction (including without a ball). The net is helpful in this scenario so big slices and hooks don't discourage you. The intention isn't to use these max swings on the course, but by boosting your average speed you will have greater length on controlled swings. Face contact and path should be worked on separately from the speed training to improve dispersion. 

Hitting into a net all winter 100% has the chance to cause problems when you can't get ball flight feedback. But that can occur with regular swings as well. 

I appreciate the points which are well taken - I would point out a few things that contradict such conventional wisdom though.

SuperSpeed will argue that you should swing as fast as you can on the course and that you are no less accurate or consistent a ball striker by doing so.  I'm not totally sold on that but they have tons of data to back that up.

I don't have a "winter" to be concerned with - I'm able to play year round.  For example people here are complaining that it's cold out and it was a bit below normal when it was 45 F this morning.  It's 70 right now.  🙂

I'm just thinking out loud that removing the sight of ugly shots when swinging fast by hitting into a net might enhance speed.  I occasionally do my protocols at my club and do hit 10 drivers afterwards swinging as fast as I'm able when I do.  I  have gone through up North winters where hitting into a net was my only option.  It would always take a few range sessions or rounds to shake the rust off after a lay off regardless of what I did - I found that hitting balls into a net at least allowed the golf muscle groups to stay in shape making it easier to get the swing back.  I was able to go to an indoor simulator the last two years that I lived in Wisconsin - that was great - 

Thanks for the feed back.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 11/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, twyatt700 said:

I just smashed my radar yesterday on a lefty swing lol.  But I think it's a good thing for me too! I'm just going to keep doing the protocol's and make sure my mechanics are good, rather than chase the big number!

@twyatt700Send us an email and we can help with some options for replacements. Info@superspeedgolf.com

thanks!

On 11/11/2020 at 12:03 AM, RITZ said:

I went with SuperSpeed program from November until March 2 years ago. Had the radar and the whole program going. Did the program in my garage with all types of nasty cold weather outside.

Went to play late winter golf and that swing it as hard as you can mode did not work at all as I was all over the place., almost whiffed a few!  Took me about a month to get back to the fairway on a consistent basis. 

Plus everyone especially beware of a back injury from over-training in following their set protocols.  I had a deep low back/pain radiating into my piriformis muscle (truly a pain in the ass) injury that required rx/physical therapy for a month to get relief from shooting pain and plus be able to get back to swing the club. Before everyone replies "moderation" that is not  what they are advising in the protocols.

So I suggest be careful,...sold my SuperSpeed sticks on eBay and will never go that SuperSpeed route ever again looking for more distance. There are way more swing enhancements/static set-up stance changes you can do ie the very proven hitting with an upward angle of attack to get that 20 yards or more on your drives.

Wanted to provide some assistance even though sounds like you no longer have a set. 

If anyone has issues with SuperSpeed or the the training we do quite a bit of troubleshooting via email and phone. Often there are some easy tips that can get the training on track.

The cue of “swinging hard” doesn’t work for many. We are looking for fast through the hitting zone. The cue “hard” often causes tensing up, poor sequencing, and getting slower. We always recommend to continue working on mechanics, ball flight drills, impact drills alongside the training. Some players will need this more than others. 

There may have been some mechanical things that changed with the SuperSpeed training that needed some attention to better take the new speed to the course. 

As far as injury, a good exercise program can help in combination especially if it is customized to that player. Also, a good dynamic warmup before each session is essential. We would recommend a TPI professional

Agreed on other items that can assist in more distance however just trying some of them such as an upward attack without guidance may lead the wrong way as well.

Let us know if we can help further.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, twyatt700 said:

Anyone else not really seen the translation to course after doing all these protocols? Maybe it’s just my mechanics but I’ve been hitting the ball pretty straight, if anything I’ve lost distance this year. Curious if anyone else has experienced this

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@twyatt700Any updates here on the distance on the course? Were your speeds increasing with each SuperSpeed club? If so then would recommend some swings on the radar without a ball and a practice routine just hitting drivers as fast as possible on the range or in a net. Then working on some impact location drills with a face spray. 

On 11/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, Jbmullin said:

Super Speed Round Up - Jbmullin 

I want to first off apologize to the community for not being prompt on this review , it might seem silly but I take this responsibility seriously and due to an injury from over training (running not golf) I was basically limping for a couple months and work , life, covid concerns with kids all got in the way. Not making excuses for my absence but I do feel I owe one. 

I want to again thank Super Speed and MGS for this great opportunity , it was a massive win for my golf swing and game, some control issues but I had those before, but seeing improved distance was a win. 

A bit about my game .. its never where I want it or expect it to be , but I am more positive now than before.

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - link to my you tube page where I have posted my reviews and wrap ups.

I typically average 220-230 off the tee on a good day..  my longest this last summer was 263 yards and had about 10 -15 more in the 245 plus range.. I know its in me to "hit bombs"  just working on the consistency. 

My miss is left.. and not just a little left... a lot left. I have been taking lessons as well and working on shafts and head settings etc to find the right setups. 

Along with longer drives I was seeing shorter irons into greens and man what a difference that makes when you can go driver 7 or 9 and not driver 5 or hybrid .. made 4 birdies this year .. ive never made more than 2 before in a summer. 

From a fitness stand point.. other than the hip issue , I am by my evaluation exceptionally fit.. I run over 100 kms per week every week and do HIIT training 4-6 days a week. Training for a marathon prior to COVID. 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box , the sticks themselves were good quality, only issue I had was the grips, not great in my opinion. somewhat slick and found I needed to use gloves when I would get further into the protocol. Out of the box not much really special , plan jane ,  not real bells or whistles.  I don't recall seeing the protocols or guide in the box and would be a good add , maybe the protocols and a tracking book or something. 

Grading:

Physical Product:  15/20    

not much here really , the sticks are color coded and easy to distinguish , only issue I have is the grips , would like to see something more quality. 

PROGRAM:  14/20

This one is a tough one to score higher, its a great program and I seen a lot of benefit from it. We had a great start up call and set us up for moving into the testing protocol and the chat group had lots of chatter.. 

I will say this is a massive time commitment and something you really need to be committed to. I actually found it becoming a burden in the end and something I was not looking forward to as it took so much time and moving back and forth , knees , opposite sides. you need to be warmed up and have to be loose or you will for sure hurt yourself. 

Part of the issue for me , I live in a place where we get 4-5 months a year of golf.. by the time October rolls around its usually near 0 degrees and risk of snow at anytime and then stays cold and winter until March.. it sucks.  So I would rather be golfing every chance I get.  I fully plan on committing to starting the swing protocols again this winter now that there are no courses or ranges open. 

Performance: 34/40

Hard to argue with the results of this protocol and program. I started off in the "Turtle" catagory and in the end was seeing my driver speeds up 12+ mph into the mid 90's or higher sometimes .. now like I have stated above.. accuracy literally went sideways... way left sideways .. so its a work in cooperation between the speed and accuracy. 

Performance on the course, well this was one of the best seasons I have ever had and am looking forward to next season already. When drivers were playable,  it was short iron in and not 3/5 wood/Hybrid/Iron.  It makes such a massive difference to scoring. 

These are not magic wands and you wont add speed or distance with out putting in the work, but if you do you will be pleased with the results. 

Misc: 6/10

Was not sure what I was expecting .. bells , whistles .. or other , but was really expecting a bit more when I opened the box, 3 sticks and not much else. Would really like to have the protocols included and perhaps a documentation book or something for speed tracking. I printed off the directions and pages from the website but for the cost of the program.. include them in the box. The grips could be better , really not great quality. 

KEEP OR REGIFT:   9/10 

These are keepers for me, I am looking forward to restarting the protocols this winter and see where I net out next spring when winter goes away for 3-4 weeks....  

CONCLUSION: 

This program is worth the price and time it takes .. like most things in life , it takes work to be successful. You will not open the box , swing a few times and be hitting bombs. The warm up is extensive and you cant do this cold. If you put in the time you will see the benefits of your work. There are a lot of movements and I was somewhat confused by the benefits of the "swinging from the knees" but in the end follow the process and be happy with the results. 

FINAL SCORE : 78/100

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - follow along on my progress on my Youtube page , as I mentioned , I plan on working from start to finish again this off season and will keep posting updates. 

Apologies for being so late with this post, and again a massive thank you to Superspeed and MGS for this great opportunity. 

@JbmullinReally appreciate you taking the time to review Jody and sharing your results and feedback! 

We understand your comments on the grips and protocol booklet. It’s funny because some people say they love the grips and want to order replacements from us and others think they aren’t good. Would say this is pretty typical of how some golfers love certain styles on their clubs yet if another person picks them up they feel terrible. Such an individual choice. They can be replaced with any grip of your choice if you’d like just like a standard club. 

We used to have a protocol booklet but found many people just threw it away or didn’t read it. Since everything is moving more and more digital we directed people to the website. We also hope to have a tracking type app at some point which will help.

Let us know if you have any questions on further training!

On 12/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, revkev said:

Okay here’s a question for anyone doing protocols, having done protocols and for SuperSpeed if they happen to check in.

Does anyone do a post protocol warm down? If so what.

My trainer suggested that I start doing one. I went, duh, how could I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years without considering that.

I did a self cobbled one after today’s workout but I’m all ears as to what others may be doing.

@revkev we have found some success with more static stretching especially if you have ones from your trainer specific to you. Also, foam rolling or traction type exercises. Anything that your trainer would suggest after sitting for long periods of time

On 12/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, JohnSmalls said:

I’ve got that need...the need for speed!  Looks like I’m joining the Superspeed fray. I know the LM or SS radar topic has been broached and covered fully, but I think I’ve got a question that may not have been covered.  The reindeer express brought the sticks but I’ve got to find a LM or SS radar. 

I’ve been wrestling the idea of saving up for a Mevo+ for the past few weeks...or even a Mevo— but I haven’t committed yet and I’d rather not buy a LM for just SS training and one for practice. With that comes the first question of have any of you guys used Mevo for tracking SS training numbers?  Does it even work without a ball?   Or am I going to have to buy a PRGR Black/Swing Caddie or the original SS radar to track my training?

@JohnSmalls Hi John, the Mevo + doesn’t read speed without a ball. As you mentioned there are 3 devices that measure speed without a ball. Swing Speed Radar, Swing Caddie SC 200+, and PRGR. We sell the PRGR and offer the bundle if you already have the SuperSpeed set. 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:40 AM, ChasingBogeys said:

Hey guys, just started with the Superspeed and I’m noticing that I’m swinging the red stick a decent amount slower than my driver (103 max with the red stick, driver max 109 after a session). 

Did anyone else see a similar pattern?

My max green stick swing is 120mph and so far I’ve only done 2 sessions. 

@ChasingBogeys what is your driver max when hitting a ball before a session? Often a slower than driver red clubs can be an issue with grip strength. There are some exercises that can help get the red moving faster.

There has been data collection showing how much more grip strength PGA Tour players have than most amateurs. 

On 1/19/2021 at 1:57 PM, revkev said:

I appreciate the points which are well taken - I would point out a few things that contradict such conventional wisdom though.

SuperSpeed will argue that you should swing as fast as you can on the course and that you are no less accurate or consistent a ball striker by doing so.  I'm not totally sold on that but they have tons of data to back that up.

I don't have a "winter" to be concerned with - I'm able to play year round.  For example people here are complaining that it's cold out and it was a bit below normal when it was 45 F this morning.  It's 70 right now.  🙂

I'm just thinking out loud that removing the sight of ugly shots when swinging fast by hitting into a net might enhance speed.  I occasionally do my protocols at my club and do hit 10 drivers afterwards swinging as fast as I'm able when I do.  I  have gone through up North winters where hitting into a net was my only option.  It would always take a few range sessions or rounds to shake the rust off after a lay off regardless of what I did - I found that hitting balls into a net at least allowed the golf muscle groups to stay in shape making it easier to get the swing back.  I was able to go to an indoor simulator the last two years that I lived in Wisconsin - that was great - 

Thanks for the feed back.

@revkev it can be really good to hit into a net as it removes that need to see where the ball goes and just focus on one thing. If you can combine this with some range work seeing ball flight then mechanical issues will have less of a chance. 

[mention=94001]twyatt700[/mention]Send us an email and we can help with some options for replacements. Info@superspeedgolf.com

thanks!

Okay I will thanks!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 1/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, SuperSpeed Golf said:
[mention=94001]twyatt700[/mention]Any updates here on the distance on the course? Were your speeds increasing with each SuperSpeed club? If so then would recommend some swings on the radar without a ball and a practice routine just hitting drivers as fast as possible on the range or in a net. Then working on some impact location drills with a face spray. 

I kinda gave up on doing the protocols for the last few months.  I then hurt my shoulder and hip on a golf trip at the beginning of the year. My buddies who I haven’t golf with in over a year did tell me that I was swinging it much faster than before, so I think the speed has gone up. I drove the ball really straight this year, but without any real distance increase. So I may be able to swing easier and hit the ball straight but without the added distance. 

I’m going through a TPI PT program and getting some lessons to clean up my swing. But I plan on restarting the protocols in a few weeks.  The need for speed is real!
To answer your questions. My speeds were increasing significantly when swinging with the sticks and my driver swing was up around 115-120 without the ball. But I could never get above 103-106 while hitting a ball and that was with terrible contact and poor strikes. My solid strikes were always 101-102 speed.

With the sticks I could get the green up to 140, the blue I could get up to 135 and the red my top speed was 130ish.  But I could never get that to translate to the course.  I'm thinking lessons and getting a pro to work with my swing to make sure I'm efficient in my movements may be the next step, but I'm not really sure.
Any other suggestions I’m all for it!
Unfortunately I also have the same commitment and consistency issues as Mike and Eli on chasing scratch!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 1/25/2021 at 11:37 PM, twyatt700 said:

With the sticks I could get the green up to 140, the blue I could get up to 135 and the red my top speed was 130ish.  But I could never get that to translate to the course.  I'm thinking lessons and getting a pro to work with my swing to make sure I'm efficient in my movements may be the next step, but I'm not really sure.

I had this same experience for the first two years of doing the sticks. Those numbers are eerily similar to mine across the board.

Two years ago, the first year I had the sticks, I hit 141 once with green, but never really got the blue above 125 or the red above 116. The green most of the time would be upper 120s/low 130s. I would guess most of my on course swings that year were in the upper 90s/100. And on the range my SwingCaddie confirmed that. Still, before SuperSpeed I was about 94 MPH on the SwingCaddie, so it was a bit of progress.

Last year I more consistently got the green stick to the mid 130s, blue didn't move much, and the red went up to 118-119. In addition to SuperSpeed, I went through 12 weeks of Fit For Golf's offseason program and also bought a power rack and started to lift weights consistently for the first time in my life. I switched to the FlightScope Mevo, which probably over reads club speeds a bit, but I was around 104-106 on the range with ball speeds (range balls) in the low-mid 150s. On course my average drive went up to the 250-260 mark from about 230. 

I started taking lessons in the middle of all of this, but with COVID hitting and lack of practice I had basically reverted to my pre-lesson self by April 2020.

This winter I've gone away from doing the specific protocols and recently have just been focused on two things. One, getting the red and blue clubs faster and two, swinging my driver as fast as I can both with and without balls. I have continued to lift (following Wendler's 5/3/1 now), and after my lessons in August and September feel like some things really started to click in my swing. 

The last few times out at the range I've recorded average club head speeds at 110 MPH, and have topped 160 MPH ball speed a few times. There have been a few technique changes here and there, but mostly I just feel like I'm going to swing with intent to go fast and worry about the direction later. It doesn't seem like I've actually lost any accuracy, but I know once I get out on the course I'll tighten up a bit. It's inevitable. My hope is that I get my "cruising" speed higher so that I don't need to go all out to hit a 110+ MPH number.

Lately, I've been doing (all dominant side):

• 3x Green
  • 3x Blue
  • 3x Red
  • 3x Blue
  • 3x Red
  • 3x Green

Both blue and red are slowly creeping up. Today's best speeds were 139/132/123. It has been slow progress, but it's still progress.

This was a long post to say stick with it, and I recommend grabbing a lesson to see what kind of power leaks might be present in your swing. For me personally, I need to focus on a better turn and also feeling like my head stays in place on the downswing. Otherwise I get steep and flippy, which robs me both of clubhead speed and distance.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I had this same experience for the first two years of doing the sticks. Those numbers are eerily similar to mine across the board.
Two years ago, the first year I had the sticks, I hit 141 once with green, but never really got the blue above 125 or the red above 116. The green most of the time would be upper 120s/low 130s. I would guess most of my on course swings that year were in the upper 90s/100. And on the range my SwingCaddie confirmed that. Still, before SuperSpeed I was about 94 MPH on the SwingCaddie, so it was a bit of progress.
Last year I more consistently got the green stick to the mid 130s, blue didn't move much, and the red went up to 118-119. In addition to SuperSpeed, I went through 12 weeks of Fit For Golf's offseason program and also bought a power rack and started to lift weights consistently for the first time in my life. I switched to the FlightScope Mevo, which probably over reads club speeds a bit, but I was around 104-106 on the range with ball speeds (range balls) in the low-mid 150s. On course my average drive went up to the 250-260 mark from about 230. 
I started taking lessons in the middle of all of this, but with COVID hitting and lack of practice I had basically reverted to my pre-lesson self by April 2020.
This winter I've gone away from doing the specific protocols and recently have just been focused on two things. One, getting the red and blue clubs faster and two, swinging my driver as fast as I can both with and without balls. I have continued to lift (following Wendler's 5/3/1 now), and after my lessons in August and September feel like some things really started to click in my swing. 
The last few times out at the range I've recorded average club head speeds at 110 MPH, and have topped 160 MPH ball speed a few times. There have been a few technique changes here and there, but mostly I just feel like I'm going to swing with intent to go fast and worry about the direction later. It doesn't seem like I've actually lost any accuracy, but I know once I get out on the course I'll tighten up a bit. It's inevitable. My hope is that I get my "cruising" speed higher so that I don't need to go all out to hit a 110+ MPH number.
Lately, I've been doing (all dominant side):
  • 3x Green
  • 3x Blue
  • 3x Red
  • 3x Blue
  • 3x Red
  • 3x Green
Both blue and red are slowly creeping up. Today's best speeds were 139/132/123. It has been slow progress, but it's still progress.
This was a long post to say stick with it, and I recommend grabbing a lesson to see what kind of power leaks might be present in your swing. For me personally, I need to focus on a better turn and also feeling like my head stays in place on the downswing. Otherwise I get steep and flippy, which robs me both of clubhead speed and distance.

Interesting results. On your current workouts are you not doing the non-dominant side?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Interesting results. On your current workouts are you not doing the non-dominant side?

Correct. I've given up the non-dominant swings for the time being. I still do some non-dominant work with medicine balls, but not much. I've had to really taper my swinging in order to stay fresh for the gym work and the 150+ swings I take at the range on the weekend. I've also been trying to lose a few pounds throughout this (so far successfully), so I'm being careful with energy levels while working in a slight calorie deficit.

Additionally, I'm the owner of a set of sore wrists and elbows (working from home on a laptop and hitting off mats are a terrible ergonomic combo), so I've had to pace myself for that reason as well.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

Correct. I've given up the non-dominant swings for the time being. I still do some non-dominant work with medicine balls, but not much. I've had to really taper my swinging in order to stay fresh for the gym work and the 150+ swings I take at the range on the weekend. I've also been trying to lose a few pounds throughout this (so far successfully), so I'm being careful with energy levels while working in a slight calorie deficit.
Additionally, I'm the owner of a set of sore wrists and elbows (working from home on a laptop and hitting off mats are a terrible ergonomic combo), so I've had to pace myself for that reason as well.

That makes sense. I know they're important but I've never been a fan of non-dominant swings especially with the kneeling portion of protocol 2.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Oh man I logged on to make a comment here and just saw them most ridiculous 50 yard bunker shot by JordanSpieth.

I’m always interested in variations - the risk of them is that SuperSpeed has the research and its protocols are designed off of that. The reality is that everyone of us is different and an individually designed program makes sense.

Good luck - hate the kneeling swings which probably means I should do more of them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches