TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

I had this same experience for the first two years of doing the sticks. Those numbers are eerily similar to mine across the board.
Two years ago, the first year I had the sticks, I hit 141 once with green, but never really got the blue above 125 or the red above 116. The green most of the time would be upper 120s/low 130s. I would guess most of my on course swings that year were in the upper 90s/100. And on the range my SwingCaddie confirmed that. Still, before SuperSpeed I was about 94 MPH on the SwingCaddie, so it was a bit of progress.
Last year I more consistently got the green stick to the mid 130s, blue didn't move much, and the red went up to 118-119. In addition to SuperSpeed, I went through 12 weeks of Fit For Golf's offseason program and also bought a power rack and started to lift weights consistently for the first time in my life. I switched to the FlightScope Mevo, which probably over reads club speeds a bit, but I was around 104-106 on the range with ball speeds (range balls) in the low-mid 150s. On course my average drive went up to the 250-260 mark from about 230. 
I started taking lessons in the middle of all of this, but with COVID hitting and lack of practice I had basically reverted to my pre-lesson self by April 2020.
This winter I've gone away from doing the specific protocols and recently have just been focused on two things. One, getting the red and blue clubs faster and two, swinging my driver as fast as I can both with and without balls. I have continued to lift (following Wendler's 5/3/1 now), and after my lessons in August and September feel like some things really started to click in my swing. 
The last few times out at the range I've recorded average club head speeds at 110 MPH, and have topped 160 MPH ball speed a few times. There have been a few technique changes here and there, but mostly I just feel like I'm going to swing with intent to go fast and worry about the direction later. It doesn't seem like I've actually lost any accuracy, but I know once I get out on the course I'll tighten up a bit. It's inevitable. My hope is that I get my "cruising" speed higher so that I don't need to go all out to hit a 110+ MPH number.
Lately, I've been doing (all dominant side):
  • 3x Green
  • 3x Blue
  • 3x Red
  • 3x Blue
  • 3x Red
  • 3x Green
Both blue and red are slowly creeping up. Today's best speeds were 139/132/123. It has been slow progress, but it's still progress.
This was a long post to say stick with it, and I recommend grabbing a lesson to see what kind of power leaks might be present in your swing. For me personally, I need to focus on a better turn and also feeling like my head stays in place on the downswing. Otherwise I get steep and flippy, which robs me both of clubhead speed and distance.

Thanks for the info! I too started the fit for golf workout program. There is something keeping me from swinging with speed on the course. Probably the fact that I’m not totally comfortable with my swing and that’s probably the biggest reason I can’t unleash!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

So i havent gone back in this mega thread, but are concerns of wearing your body down with too many swings? There is another overspeed system i was going to try but then balked at it in fear i was going to hurt myself adding more swings in.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

35 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

So i havent gone back in this mega thread, but are concerns of wearing your body down with too many swings? There is another overspeed system i was going to try but then balked at it in fear i was going to hurt myself adding more swings in.

Certainly something that you'd have to listen to your body to truly find out. It is a lot of swings once you get to the advanced levels. There are several advocates for downsizing the program, but it's also dependent on what other work you are doing.

If you are just starting out, however, I do think it'd be best to follow the protocols at least through the second level. I saw tremendous gains in the first few weeks and think most others would, too.

In three years of doing the program I have not injured myself with the sticks. N=1 results, your mileage may vary, of course.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

49 minutes ago, edingc said:

Certainly something that you'd have to listen to your body to truly find out. It is a lot of swings once you get to the advanced levels. There are several advocates for downsizing the program, but it's also dependent on what other work you are doing.

If you are just starting out, however, I do think it'd be best to follow the protocols at least through the second level. I saw tremendous gains in the first few weeks and think most others would, too.

In three years of doing the program I have not injured myself with the sticks. N=1 results, your mileage may vary, of course.

This. 

and if you’re sore or haven’t recovered from a previous workout then wait another day. There’s no benefit at doing a watered down or compromised workout 

2 hours ago, phatcatkev said:

Hey everyone! I remember last year reading about some members using their superspeed sticks pre round for warm up. 

What is your warm up routine with the sticks, if anything?

Superspeed has a warm up program that is awesome which I followed. You can view the whole video on their youtube channel.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, phatcatkev said:

Hey everyone! I remember last year reading about some members using their superspeed sticks pre round for warm up. 

I'm with @Apolloshowl - I really like the warm-up routine for pre-round. I have made my own slight alteration, though. Rather than using the red stick for the final step, I use my Orange Whip.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

7 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm with @Apolloshowl - I really like the warm-up routine for pre-round. I have made my own slight alteration, though. Rather than using the red stick for the final step, I use my Orange Whip.

I seem to get more out of using the orange whip over the speed sick. I get what the speed sticks are trying to accomplish but I feel like the OW is giving you more overall. The lag feel and the heavier weight compared to the SS is also helping you stay on plane more. I can see your point in switching to the OW instead of the red SS in the final step. If you can move the OW around that fast it seems like that would really increase your swing speed when you switch to the driver on the course. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Me as well - I have changed from the red to the blue for my warm ups though - I checked with SuoerSpeed and they approved of that change. I’m faster with the blue obviously.

At any rate I can do a dynamic warm up and hit driver full speed first swing without even hitting balls on the range and be fine.

Hope that helps

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hey since we’re both in pdx you can borrow my set, I’m rehabbing my shoulder and you can try before you buy for a few weeks if you’d want. They’re not getting much use in my garage

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

I seem to get more out of using the orange whip over the speed sick. I get what the speed sticks are trying to accomplish but I feel like the OW is giving you more overall. The lag feel and the heavier weight compared to the SS is also helping you stay on plane more. I can see your point in switching to the OW instead of the red SS in the final step. If you can move the OW around that fast it seems like that would really increase your swing speed when you switch to the driver on the course. 

What’s the orange whip protocol? I have the yellow know off (I call it the lemon head) and just swing it to get some tempo and get loose

Started Superspeed a month ago and I was only able to do 2 days last week for week 4 and am only able to do 2 days this week as well. Do I consider this week week 5 anyway despite only being able to do 2 days or do I just consider it like week 4.5 and start week 5 next week?

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

1 hour ago, ZMendle10 said:

Started Superspeed a month ago and I was only able to do 2 days last week for week 4 and am only able to do 2 days this week as well. Do I consider this week week 5 anyway despite only being able to do 2 days or do I just consider it like week 4.5 and start week 5 next week?

Having done the protocols I would say 2 days a week is still solid work and you could consider this week 5. Trust yourself and move up the level 2 when you feel ready. I did the 3 sessions a week for most of level 1 and level 2 but towards the end of level 2 I moved to only 2 days a week. Still made some good progress and felt more comfortable since the session volume increased with new swings. Doing the protocols with some consistency should provide some gains. Keep up the hard work.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I know SuperSpeed will shoot me for this answer but on one of our conference calls in the first test they told us that two a week are sufficient for most people. They recommend 3 because they know that works and also because they know people will occasionally miss.

I’d say you’re on week 5.

Also be aware that everyone is different - so even though they may say you’ll have a jump at this point in training you may not - just be patient and stick with it though. I also found that what they call a plateau is always a step back for me but eventually I snap out of it with a jump.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 minutes ago, revkev said:

I know SuperSpeed will shoot me for this answer but on one of our conference calls in the first test they told us that two a week are sufficient for most people. They recommend 3 because they know that works and also because they know people will occasionally miss.

I’d say you’re on week 5.

Also be aware that everyone is different - so even though they may say you’ll have a jump at this point in training you may not - just be patient and stick with it though. I also found that what they call a plateau is always a step back for me but eventually I snap out of it with a jump.

Thanks for the feedback. I was swinging pretty fast yesterday and while my starting clubspeed was down a few mph recently it was still definitively higher than when I started the training. I'll treat this as week 5 for now and see how week 6 goes before moving on to level 2.

Forum Reviews: 

22 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Having done the protocols I would say 2 days a week is still solid work and you could consider this week 5. Trust yourself and move up the level 2 when you feel ready. I did the 3 sessions a week for most of level 1 and level 2 but towards the end of level 2 I moved to only 2 days a week. Still made some good progress and felt more comfortable since the session volume increased with new swings. Doing the protocols with some consistency should provide some gains. Keep up the hard work.

Thank you for the info. It seems that I am okay with treating this as week 5 since I was seeing higher speeds since the break. If I don't feel ready after week 6 then I will just spend another week at the green level before moving on to the blue level. Usually my days are Mon, Wed, and Fri and are pretty regular as well. Right now I am from 102 to 109 roughly so I am very happy with the results so far but I want more. 

Forum Reviews: 

18 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

Thank you for the info. It seems that I am okay with treating this as week 5 since I was seeing higher speeds since the break. If I don't feel ready after week 6 then I will just spend another week at the green level before moving on to the blue level. Usually my days are Mon, Wed, and Fri and are pretty regular as well. Right now I am from 102 to 109 roughly so I am very happy with the results so far but I want more. 

I hear you there keep it up and I am sure you will keep making some gains, though they do get a bit smaller. I gained about 8 to 10 mph after level 1, but only about 2 mph during level 2. Still has been worth it personally. Hoping to keep it up myself. Good luck with the training.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Just now, ejgaudette said:

I hear you there keep it up and I am sure you will keep making some gains, though they do get a bit smaller. I gained about 8 to 10 mph after level 1, but only about 2 mph during level 2. Still has been worth it personally. Hoping to keep it up myself. Good luck with the training.

Any thoughts on incorporating the counterbalanced club into your workouts?

Forum Reviews: 

3 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

Any thoughts on incorporating the counterbalanced club into your workouts?

I have not done that but plenty of other have been using both and could share their thoughts.

22 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

What’s the orange whip protocol? I have the yellow know off (I call it the lemon head) and just swing it to get some tempo and get loose

There are quite a few YouTube videos on it for rotation, balance, take away, and full swing instruction. A few of the rotation drills are conducted by gripping the center of the club with two hands. Then extended straight out from you. Then rotate. 

End result is claimed as a well balanced more powerful swing. I tend to agree having used it over the last year.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

So I have the original swing speed radar and paired it with my Rapsodo yesterday. Super impressed with the og radar, was only 1 to 2 mph off what the MLM was getting. Also after a few months off I am back and trying to be consistent, going to try for a minimum of 2 times a week and hoping to get back to 3 times a week. For those who have been able to test on launch monitors, how does your full out swing with no ball compare to when you hit a ball?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So I have the original swing speed radar and paired it with my Rapsodo yesterday. Super impressed with the og radar, was only 1 to 2 mph off what the MLM was getting. Also after a few months off I am back and trying to be consistent, going to try for a minimum of 2 times a week and hoping to get back to 3 times a week. For those who have been able to test on launch monitors, how does your full out swing with no ball compare to when you hit a ball?

About 10 percent less between “dry” swing and real swing - my highest real swing on the Rapsodo has been 101 - I’ve hit 113 on a swing without the ball at the end of a workout.

I am hopeful that some others jump in on this question as I’d be very interested I other people’s experience.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

26 minutes ago, revkev said:

About 10 percent less between “dry” swing and real swing - my highest real swing on the Rapsodo has been 101 - I’ve hit 113 on a swing without the ball at the end of a workout.

I am hopeful that some others jump in on this question as I’d be very interested I other people’s experience.

I'm pretty close to that 10% between dry and actual driver swings if you take the best numbers. A couple of differences: I use a pretty heavy driver (410) and that may be a factor in the slower driver swings. However, the bigger issue is speed consistency between swings - dry or driver. I could easily range 5% depending on what stage I'm at in the protocol (beginning or end) as well as on the range. Guess that's more reflective of age or fitness. Since I'm very data oriented, I should capture that variance. 

I'll also add that what I found interesting is that when I had stopped for a few months (because of our relocation) it didn't take but a few sessions to get back to the highest numbers previously achieved.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

UPDATE: My goal during the winter was to hopefully be able to maintain 1-2 times per week, weather permitting. Let's just say weather did not permit. Since early November, when we had a freaky warm spell, I have been able to do the protocol exactly twice - if it wasn't raining or snowing, my deck was either wet or covered in snow. It does not help that the area of my deck that is suitable is in the shade pretty much all day. Can't wait to pick back up when the weather improves.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 2/9/2021 at 6:34 AM, tchat07 said:

I would say about 10 percent as well.

My best no-ball driver swing with the OG Swing Speed Radar is 124 MPH at 44.5" (I keep an older, shorter driver for this). Highest driver swing speed recorded on my FlightScope Mevo this winter was 116.4 MPH with a 45.75" Mavrik.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 1/28/2021 at 8:09 PM, tony@CIC said:

That makes sense. I know they're important but I've never been a fan of non-dominant swings especially with the kneeling portion of protocol 2.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but I saw this article and recalled these posts in this thread:

Do Nondominant-Side Swings Do Anything in Golf? (simplifaster.com)

Bottom line if you're not inclined to read the article...little reason to believe that non-dominant swing training provides any real benefit.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I read the article and of course it made sense - he's interpreting his available data for us - although if I read the article properly he readily admits there are two of the theories that he mentions where the data is not yet conclusive or from his perspective doesn't yet exist.

This is where it would be helpful to have SuperSpeed hop in and provide a data based rebuttal.  

I will admit that while I do the non-dominant portion of the training I do not up the swings - so as the dominant side advances to 4 or 5 swings I keep non-dominants to 3.  It would be cool to all but eliminate them.

Thanks for the interesting read and counter.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

I read the article and of course it made sense - he's interpreting his available data for us - although if I read the article properly he readily admits there are two of the theories that he mentions where the data is not yet conclusive or from his perspective doesn't yet exist.

This is where it would be helpful to have SuperSpeed hop in and provide a data based rebuttal.  

I will admit that while I do the non-dominant portion of the training I do not up the swings - so as the dominant side advances to 4 or 5 swings I keep non-dominants to 3.  It would be cool to all but eliminate them.

Thanks for the interesting read and counter.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to prove a point...I'm still doing the non-dominant swings too, largely because I have to believe SuperSpeed has some legitimate reasons to make them part of the protocols.  Just thought it was a worthwhile addition to the conversation.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

23 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but I saw this article and recalled these posts in this thread:

Do Nondominant-Side Swings Do Anything in Golf? (simplifaster.com)

Bottom line if you're not inclined to read the article...little reason to believe that non-dominant swing training provides any real benefit.

Great article - thanks for sharing. As @revkev mentioned it would be interesting to hear SS rebuttal. I am continuing with the SS sticks but in a modified protocol. As mentioned here and other posts, I start my warm-up with the OW then move on to the sticks. I don't do the kneeling part of protocol 2 and I don't capture the non dominant swing data. I might be short changing myself, but it's working for me.  I especially feel that the OW is important. As stated I currently use it as a warm up. I will eventually move to using it after the SS.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Great article - thanks for sharing. As @revkev mentioned it would be interesting to hear SS rebuttal. I am continuing with the SS sticks but in a modified protocol. As mentioned here and other posts, I start my warm-up with the OW then move on to the sticks. I don't do the kneeling part of protocol 2 and I don't capture the non dominant swing data. I might be short changing myself, but it's working for me.  I especially feel that the OW is important. As stated I currently use it as a warm up. I will eventually move to using it after the SS.  

Are you doing all 3 of the Orange Whip protocols as part of your warm up?

I've had a really hard time getting loose for SS myself, largely because it's in the negatives temperature wise and I'm doing SS in an unheated garage.  I do the SS warm-up protocol faithfully but I'm thinking I'm going to add a little OW work too to try and really loosen up, at least the first torso-turning OW drill, and then maybe the one-arms.