TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

9 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

You inspired me to do the speed sticks tonight, and now time to ice my neck! emoji1353.pngemoji1353.pngemoji1353.pngemoji856.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Get it! 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

On 4/7/2021 at 10:07 PM, PAndaemonium89 said:

super speed has people going all out? Did this negatively affect anyone’s transition?

I think the training actually improved my transition, partially due to feedback from @SuperSpeed Golf. They encouraged me to increase the speed of my backswing to improve top-end speed. It seemed to help my transition and my overall timing. The transition has always been a potential source of trouble for me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

50 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I think the training actually improved my transition, partially due to feedback from @SuperSpeed Golf. They encouraged me to increase the speed of my backswing to improve top-end speed. It seemed to help my transition and my overall timing. The transition has always been a potential source of trouble for me.

Same thing for me, at least with the driver that faster back and through transition works. For the irons not so much but for the driver it works well for me.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

so I tried to search the thread for an answer to my question but couldn't really find one. perhaps I missed it but there are a lot of pages here!

Now that you've all gone through the testing would you replace the non-dominant swings with additional dominant side? do you think that the non-dom helped much in increasing your swing speed?

apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread; you guys did an awesome job on reporting on your progress.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

20 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

so I tried to search the thread for an answer to my question but couldn't really find one. perhaps I missed it but there are a lot of pages here!

Now that you've all gone through the testing would you replace the non-dominant swings with additional dominant side? do you think that the non-dom helped much in increasing your swing speed?

apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread; you guys did an awesome job on reporting on your progress.

I will keep doing the non dominant swings. Not only do I like seeing the progress, but I feel it helps with my overall flexibility and rhythm. I do tend to do fewer kneeling swings and fewer step changes and keep to regular swings. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

26 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I will keep doing the non dominant swings. Not only do I like seeing the progress, but I feel it helps with my overall flexibility and rhythm. I do tend to do fewer kneeling swings and fewer step changes and keep to regular swings. 

Yes I have been cutting them back since the move to level 3 to just two on the non-dominant to keep some flexibility and still keep the speed up but don't want those swings to be the ones that use my energy.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

8 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Personally, I would not. I don't know that the non-dom swings necessarily help my speed, but I would think that have to help in keeping my body "balanced" from a strength, flexibility, and mobility perspective, especially since I don't do much other types of exercise at the moment. I know others have talked about dropping the non-dom swings, but I won't be.

I will keep doing non-dominant swings as well. I realize that there is conflicting data but my PT firmly believes in non dominant training and she’s a Titleist trained PT.

What I would and have done is reduce the number of overall swings. SuperSpeed offers a nearly one size fits all program.

I’m a fit 64 year old. There’s no way I should be doing the same things as a fit 24 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I had intended to start back up a few weeks ago, but it didn't happen. Finally got going again tonight. I was pleasantly surprised that I haven't lost too much. Driver after protocols topped out at 113 mph. Recall I started at 102 and peaked at 120 last year. My plan is to start at level 1 until I'm in closer to "swinging" shape then jump back into level 3 with the advanced speed protocol to get more lag.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sick of non data base umpiring

But I digress - PT and some over speed stuff was 120 with green, 114 blue, 109 red and 140 - read it 140 C

i mean I’m still stunned from that number 

I don’t do the C lefty but I hit 117, 112, 103 lefty this evening. Oh and 93 dry with 7 iron, 110 with driver.  And hit drives for real in the 240 plus range Sunday.  

Going for a trackman driver fitting a week from tomorrow - can’t wait for that number 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

10 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m sick of non data base umpiring

But I digress - PT and some over speed stuff was 120 with green, 114 blue, 109 red and 140 - read it 140 C

i mean I’m still stunned from that number 

I don’t do the C lefty but I hit 117, 112, 103 lefty this evening. Oh and 93 dry with 7 iron, 110 with driver.  And hit drives for real in the 240 plus range Sunday.  

Going for a trackman driver fitting a week from tomorrow - can’t wait for that number 

Didn't you just get a 410 LST 😉

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, tony@CIC said:

Didn't you just get a 410 LST 😉

I did - still not entirely sure that it's the answer - it's really dry here right now so we are getting way, way more run out than usual - I'm not happy with how I launch the LST, a bit low IMO but with the dry it's running out forever.  I was 20 yards past a guy whom I'm normally neck and neck with all afternoon.  A possible answer is to game both the LST and the Max using the Max when maximum launch, carry is requited and the LST on other occasions - I'm at a point where I'm giving up on 3 wood (baring a miracle).  Why not game two drivers?  It's in the mix for certain.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

For those interested or may have missed it as it was put onto the main site here is a link with a brief overview of our numbers as testers from this. 
https://mygolfspy.com/superspeed-member-testing-final-results/

Although it does say final results, many of us are still doing the protocols or restarting them after the winter break. I will continue to provide feedback as well post here as my journey continues. I have some goals in mind and am hoping to use videos and the program to see where some changes I make effect my speed. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 5/6/2021 at 10:03 AM, revkev said:

I did - still not entirely sure that it's the answer - it's really dry here right now so we are getting way, way more run out than usual - I'm not happy with how I launch the LST, a bit low IMO but with the dry it's running out forever.  I was 20 yards past a guy whom I'm normally neck and neck with all afternoon.  A possible answer is to game both the LST and the Max using the Max when maximum launch, carry is requited and the LST on other occasions - I'm at a point where I'm giving up on 3 wood (baring a miracle).  Why not game two drivers?  It's in the mix for certain.

If you are interested in the 2 driver experiment I have a 9° G410 Max kicking around and would be more than happy to sell it to you don't want to go all in on a new driver.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

for your enjoyment...

Adam Young+SuperSpeed

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

On 5/14/2021 at 7:10 AM, ZMendle10 said:

If you are interested in the 2 driver experiment I have a 9° G410 Max kicking around and would be more than happy to sell it to you don't want to go all in on a new driver.

I have a 12 degree G410 head. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I've been back on the SuperSpeed training for the last 8 weeks and today was the day I checked my progress. I wasn't expecting a lot, as I've been nursing a sore left foot for the last couple of weeks and only going at it two days a week and not doing non dominant swings. I discovered that rotating on that side was causing soreness above my big toe. 

Starting out, my swing speed clocked in at 88.9 mph. Today I averaged 93.6 with a high of 98. That's 4.7 mph gained and a 5.3% increase in speed. I'm pretty happy about that. 

56 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've been back on the SuperSpeed training for the last 8 weeks and today was the day I checked my progress. I wasn't expecting a lot, as I've been nursing a sore left foot for the last couple of weeks and only going at it two days a week and not doing non dominant swings. I discovered that rotating on that side was causing soreness above my big toe. 

Starting out, my swing speed clocked in at 88.9 mph. Today I averaged 93.6 with a high of 98. That's 4.7 mph gained and a 5.3% increase in speed. I'm pretty happy about that. 

Nice!  I keep thinking about trying the SS training but I'm spooked about hurting my already bothersome  shoulder.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Wanted to say thank you to the testers and this forum for the great dialogue on SuperSpeed Training.  It convinced me to buy the product and have been pretty faithfully working the program since the first week in March (2021).  I wanted to share some of my results.

Started with a max driver speed of 102 mph measured by PRGR.  I'm now into the middle of level 2 training and have peaked my driver swing at 120 mph, although a more common peak for me at the moment is 117-119 mph in any given session.  As many others have said, please don't buy this without a speed measurement device.  You'll regret it.

One thing that's keeping my motivation up is documenting my sessions in a spreadsheet.  For each session, I track each peak speed for each move, both dominant and non-dominant sides.  I color code my record speeds including any time I simply tie a record.  As I scroll down the spreadsheet I can see my records lumped at the bottom of the page where the recent sessions are which tells me I haven't stopped getting faster.  Keeping those records motivates me to beat them in the next session which I suppose is the point of the program - getting your body to move just little faster each time.  I also peek at the tester's data in the shared Google doc.  It allows me to see my speeds compared to others to better understand how much faster I need to get with each weighted club.  I can remember early in my training swinging the green club at 120mph and not being able to fathom swinging it 130 mph like some of the testers.  I was going all out and felt like there was nothing left in my tank.  Now I'm peaking at 131 mph with the green club and am starting to believe I will get to 135 mph or more.

My swing on the course hasn't suffered at all.  I haven't experienced the block pushes others have reported.  The biggest change for me as been adjusting my irons to additional distance.  I've hit my irons at a consistent distance for a very long time and pulling one less club and getting it to the target isn't mentally comfortable yet.

My last 3 rounds are even par, -1, even par (on easy courses).  It's the first time I ever shot even and under par.  I intend to keep using the product and follow the program to see how much further I can go. FYI - I'm 42 years old.       

:taylormade-small:M@ M1 Driver 9.0; M1 3 Wood

:taylormade-small: SpeedBlade irons (3-SW, AW)

:titelist-small: Vokey - 60 degree

:taylormade-small:Rossa Monza Spider Putter

:titelist-small: ProV1 (found balls!)

GameGolf Tracking Device (classic since 2014!)

11 minutes ago, HardCoal99 said:

Wanted to say thank you to the testers and this forum for the great dialogue on SuperSpeed Training.  It convinced me to buy the product and have been pretty faithfully working the program since the first week in March (2021).  I wanted to share some of my results.

Started with a max driver speed of 102 mph measured by PRGR.  I'm now into the middle of level 2 training and have peaked my driver swing at 120 mph, although a more common peak for me at the moment is 117-119 mph in any given session.  As many others have said, please don't buy this without a speed measurement device.  You'll regret it.

One thing that's keeping my motivation up is documenting my sessions in a spreadsheet.  For each session, I track each peak speed for each move, both dominant and non-dominant sides.  I color code my record speeds including any time I simply tie a record.  As I scroll down the spreadsheet I can see my records lumped at the bottom of the page where the recent sessions are which tells me I haven't stopped getting faster.  Keeping those records motivates me to beat them in the next session which I suppose is the point of the program - getting your body to move just little faster each time.  I also peek at the tester's data in the shared Google doc.  It allows me to see my speeds compared to others to better understand how much faster I need to get with each weighted club.  I can remember early in my training swinging the green club at 120mph and not being able to fathom swinging it 130 mph like some of the testers.  I was going all out and felt like there was nothing left in my tank.  Now I'm peaking at 131 mph with the green club and am starting to believe I will get to 135 mph or more.

My swing on the course hasn't suffered at all.  I haven't experienced the block pushes others have reported.  The biggest change for me as been adjusting my irons to additional distance.  I've hit my irons at a consistent distance for a very long time and pulling one less club and getting it to the target isn't mentally comfortable yet.

My last 3 rounds are even par, -1, even par (on easy courses).  It's the first time I ever shot even and under par.  I intend to keep using the product and follow the program to see how much further I can go. FYI - I'm 42 years old.       

Glad you are enjoying the program and it has been successful for you. Also very glad that our testing and reviews have helped you in your purchase and time with this. Certainly does help us know we have done a good job and that the MGS Testing system works!

Keep up the progress and congrats on shooting under par! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

The thread that never dies.  I’m in maintenance mode with the summer heat. My stick swing speeds would indicate an average really driver SS somewhere between 95-100.  

I was right there on the range and course last week - 96 on the couple I measured on course, 97 on the range. 

To put it in perspective I was at 84.7 when I went for my G400 fitting in anticipation of that MGS test 3 years ago.   And I am hardly in my prime where gaining 10-12 mphs SS is easy - I’ve gone from 61 to 64 in those years. 

Lots of hard work - PT and weight loss besides Suoerspeed. That’s a dry driver swing post workout. 

8C0E1011-7BA2-461B-8206-B9FB15C74708.jpeg

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I recently purchased the SuperSpeed C stick, and really excited to add some more hand and release speed. Anyone have any experience with this one? 

3 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

I recently purchased the SuperSpeed C stick, and really excited to add some more hand and release speed. Anyone have any experience with this one? 

I’ve been using it and have picked up some more speed - a third jump if you will. Pretty exciting actually. 

Good luck 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

23 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’ve been using it and have picked up some more speed - a third jump if you will. Pretty exciting actually. 

Good luck 

Oh I like what I’m hearing. I’m in that plateau they say is natural and I’m hoping this will help free me up, or at least break up the training a little. 

Just now, cjeffs12 said:

Oh I like what I’m hearing. I’m in that plateau they say is natural and I’m hoping this will help free me up, or at least break up the training a little. 

I was a part of the first testing group - the test lasted a long time - we did our review in the third protocol group - over 20 weeks in. I had a real nice jump to start and then was stuck throughout stage 2 - all of us were.

My second jump came in the last week of stage 2, just the week before my review. Totally changed what I was going to write. Some of the guys didn’t have their second jump until a few weeks into stage 3. 

I never had another jump though to be fair I’ve been up and down with doing the protocols. I can swing that new club faster - I don’t know if it’s that or something else that’s caused this jump - but I’ve picked up an additional 3 mphs after a flat year and a half. 

So hang in there - 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

I was a part of the first testing group - the test lasted a long time - we did our review in the third protocol group - over 20 weeks in. I had a real nice jump to start and then was stuck throughout stage 2 - all of us were.

My second jump came in the last week of stage 2, just the week before my review. Totally changed what I was going to write. Some of the guys didn’t have their second jump until a few weeks into stage 3. 

I never had another jump though to be fair I’ve been up and down with doing the protocols. I can swing that new club faster - I don’t know if it’s that or something else that’s caused this jump - but I’ve picked up an additional 3 mphs after a flat year and a half. 

So hang in there - 

Wow that’s very reassuring, I’ve been where I’m at for about a year, I’m happy with my speed. It’s hard not to get greedy tho lol

Few things I noted, my head is moving a lot and honestly as I'm writing this my neck is a little sore. Time to do some video to see whats going on exactly... either way that is not something I want to continue. Outside of that swing felt good and maybe a little on the long side. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 2 weeks later...

139D3A34-BE62-4962-A5CD-75B2D33295AE.jpeg.432c7419d71533010be1f23fc2627389.jpegOne of my fastest dry driver swings ever. I actually reached out to SuperSpeed and had a great exchange. Their customer service is very good. We developed a battle plan to do once a week maintenance protocol until October and then resume regular thrice a week stuff as it cools off. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lesson a few weeks ago and my speed has gone down from comfortably at 112 to struggling to hit 110. Has anyone else had this issue while going through the superspeed protocols? I am currently 2 weeks away from completing level 3 and I am not sure if I should press on ward when I am done with level 3 or wait until I get my speed back up. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review