TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

12 hours ago, revkev said:

Has it made a difference in either your speeds or the way your finger joints feel post workout? 

Can't comment on the speed since it's too cold and I'm not swinging at 100% here. However, my fingers sure feel a lot better, since I don't have a death grip on the sticks.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Can't comment on the speed since it's too cold and I'm not swinging at 100% here. However, my fingers sure feel a lot better, since I don't have a death grip on the sticks.  

I just regripped my driver - the shaft came with a Golf Pride tour wrap mid sized grip on it and the way that thing lay in my hands I'd end up in terrible pain after hitting it.

Hit several drivers into the net after work yesterday - actually alternating shots with my son - no pain at all today - 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I just regripped my driver - the shaft came with a Golf Pride tour wrap mid sized grip on it and the way that thing lay in my hands I'd end up in terrible pain after hitting it.

Hit several drivers into the net after work yesterday - actually alternating shots with my son - no pain at all today - 🙂

As a further comment, when I regrip my clubs I'm also adding extra layers of tape and it seems to allow for lighter pressure on the club. I never had an instructor comment on grips or extra tape nor does it (extra tape) seem like an option when you get new clubs. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 3 weeks later...

So I have restarted with superspeed and one thing I continue to find is whenever I do the step change I lose my sequencing. One big key i need to work on it being able to transfer my superspeed speed to hitting the golf ball. Will keep updating here with how its going but my goal is to get to 110 hitting the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while - sounds like these get quote positive feedback.

On the superspeed website, I notice they have a deal on which includes the launch monitor. My question to all - has anyone used these with a launch monitor that also measures club head data (such as swing path, face angle, etc)?

I was considering buying the new Garmin R10 to use with the speed training but apparently these only take readings upon impact of the ball.

Essentially I am looking for a low/medium budget launch monitor that I can use with superspeed but can also practice with - anyone got an ideas (I'm in the UK, if that matters)?

Many thanks 

44 minutes ago, Olly said:

Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while - sounds like these get quote positive feedback.

On the superspeed website, I notice they have a deal on which includes the launch monitor. My question to all - has anyone used these with a launch monitor that also measures club head data (such as swing path, face angle, etc)?

I was considering buying the new Garmin R10 to use with the speed training but apparently these only take readings upon impact of the ball.

Essentially I am looking for a low/medium budget launch monitor that I can use with superspeed but can also practice with - anyone got an ideas (I'm in the UK, if that matters)?

Many thanks 

To my knowledge there are only 2 options. I think we may have covered this before, but its likely hidden somewhere in the pages of comments so not bad to do a refresher. It is worth noting that these devices are usually a extra cost, but really important to the program else you are just swinging blind. 

Superspeed originally offered a SwingSpeed Radar which does what it says. It measures club head speed and that is all. Here is a photo of the device. 
IMG_20200714_184700.jpg

No ball needed just swing till you can't swing anymore. 

The second is the I dare say better option? It is the PRGR. This is a small simple radar device that gives club head speed and ball speed as well as total distance. This is a radar device and does a good job, it can take a bit of time to sort out where to put it in your swing, but it will also read swing speed with no ball. Again here is a photo of the device (its the one on the right on the Rapsodo). I think it costs about $150 usd so not too expensive and gives reliable numbers for the price. 
IMG_20210904_122245.jpg

Hope that helps!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Olly said:

Thank you for the reply - presumably there is no launch monitor that can measure swing speeds with no ball, but can also measure things like club path and face angle on impact, etc (for practicing with a ball)?

Not that I have been made aware of. I do know if you put enough footspray on a club you can trick GC2 and such into thinking you have hit a ball even if you haven't... but I don't know how accurate the club path information would be?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Anyone have any insight into the protocol revisions that we're supposed to be coming for SuperSpeed?  In their AMA response video here they talked about limiting the reps to 3 regardless of what level of protocols you're on, and adding a brief rest period before the red stick work, and mentioned those updates would be made to their website soon.  As of right now it's still the old protocols...4 swings at level 3, no rest period.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

18 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Anyone have any insight into the protocol revisions that we're supposed to be coming for SuperSpeed?  In their AMA response video here they talked about limiting the reps to 3 regardless of what level of protocols you're on, and adding a brief rest period before the red stick work, and mentioned those updates would be made to their website soon.  As of right now it's still the old protocols...4 swings at level 3, no rest period.

Although they haven't made any official changes to their protocols I have been implementing these changes since the AMA and I have been seeing much better results since starting level 4. I recommend based on my personal experience that it didn't hurt going from 5 reps a side to 3. I had more power for my actual driver swings after the protocols which in my opinion is the goal.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Although they haven't made any official changes to their protocols I have been implementing these changes since the AMA and I have been seeing much better results since starting level 4. I recommend based on my personal experience that it didn't hurt going from 5 reps a side to 3. I had more power for my actual driver swings after the protocols which in my opinion is the goal.

Im still in phase 1, but I also made these changes after the AMA, nothing to compare them too, but I am up 7% on preworkout swing speed through 4 weeks. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

21 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Im still in phase 1, but I also made these changes after the AMA, nothing to compare them too, but I am up 7% on preworkout swing speed through 4 weeks. 

Same here...just started Level 3 work and I've kept the swings to 3 versus the 4 swings on the website currently.

Which reminds me...Double Step swings.  Anyone else struggle with these?  I've reached my fastest speeds in the C Club protocols on the Level 2 leg back drills, largely because it allows me to get deeper into my turn.  With the Double Step drills in particular I find it really hard to get a good hip and shoulder turn and I feel like I'm sliding around instead...maybe my steps are just too big?

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

3 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Same here...just started Level 3 work and I've kept the swings to 3 versus the 4 swings on the website currently.

Which reminds me...Double Step swings.  Anyone else struggle with these?  I've reached my fastest speeds in the C Club protocols on the Level 2 leg back drills, largely because it allows me to get deeper into my turn.  With the Double Step drills in particular I find it really hard to get a good hip and shoulder turn and I feel like I'm sliding around instead...maybe my steps are just too big?

I never liked them felt way out of sequence so I just went back to the single step for level 3, always felt much better overall. I figure both will get the job done.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

And sure enough, almost as soon as I post the question here, SuperSpeed’s protocol revisions are posted.

Here’s the link…they make you create an account to access now…

https://train.superspeedgolf.com/welcome/?mepr-unauth-page=1207&redirect_to=%2F

8 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And sure enough, almost as soon as I post the question here, SuperSpeed’s protocol revisions are posted.

Wow. Seems to be a significant drop in volume from what I remember their more advanced protocols being prior. Good to see them taking some feedback/real world results and modifying.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

13 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm curious as to how to pick up from the old protocols to the new ones. I reached out to them and will be happy to report back when I hear from them.

Forum Reviews: 

I just heard back from Superspeed and they recommend that I start from with a 2 week ramp up for level 3 despite being in the middle of level 4. I recommend reaching out to them about the changes in protocol and where you should be starting from. They got back to me relatively quickly and were through in their explanation.  

Forum Reviews: 

On 12/7/2021 at 4:40 AM, Olly said:

Many thanks 

You’d need to hit the ball to get that data and you can’t hit a shot with these sticks. The monitor that they market is one of the few if not the only one that can measure dry swing speed as well as some shot data.

Has anyone looked at the new protocols? 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

Double Step swings.  Anyone else struggle with these?

Absolutely. I've only got the timing right like twice and felt comfortable and was fast. It generally feels awkward with bad balance.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, revkev said:

You’d need to hit the ball to get that data and you can’t hit a shot with these sticks. The monitor that they market is one of the few if not the only one that can measure dry swing speed as well as some shot data.

Has anyone looked at the new protocols? 

I’ve scanned…as advertised in the AMA, total reps per stick and by type of swing is down to 3, even in Levels 3-5 where it used to be up to 5 swings.  They also introduce a maintenance phase of 1 session per week after 10 weeks of protocols.

There are also some substantive changes to the actual swings.  Level 4 now includes a Sprint swing, which wants you to take 5 swings in rapid secession with no pause in between.

That’s not a complete summary of the changes I’m sure…

So after a little more review of the new protocols (but not all of them), there are some very significant revisions.  It looks to me like kneeling swings are completely gone in favor of “Horizontal Swings” where you swing standing but are instructed to swing above the belt line.

For me, I’m a week into the old Level 3 protocols so tomorrow morning I’m just going to start over with the new Level 3.  Instead of 4 reps and kneeling swings, it will be 3 reps of Normal, Heel Stomp, and Double Step.  Wednesday C Club will be Normal, Trail Leg Back (instead of kneeling) and Double Step swings.

Overall, some pretty significant revisions to their protocols!

38 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So after a little more review of the new protocols (but not all of them), there are some very significant revisions.  It looks to me like kneeling swings are completely gone in favor of “Horizontal Swings” where you swing standing but are instructed to swing above the belt line.

For me, I’m a week into the old Level 3 protocols so tomorrow morning I’m just going to start over with the new Level 3.  Instead of 4 reps and kneeling swings, it will be 3 reps of Normal, Heel Stomp, and Double Step.  Wednesday C Club will be Normal, Trail Leg Back (instead of kneeling) and Double Step swings.

Overall, some pretty significant revisions to their protocols!

I got an email this morning and was surprised to see the kneeling swing gone and the new sprint protocol. It's cool to see SuperSpeed making revisions to make their already great program better. 

For anyone interested I created a log sheet for each protocol on Google Sheets that I would be happy to share so you can track your own progress.

Forum Reviews: 

23 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

For anyone interested I created a log sheet for each protocol on Google Sheets that I would be happy to share so you can track your own progress.

I have my own that I build as I get into each protocol but I’d be interested in seeing what you came up with.  I’ll show you mine if you show me yours!  🤣

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I have my own that I build as I get into each protocol but I’d be interested in seeing what you came up with.  I’ll show you mine if you show me yours!  🤣

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16mt0KHh-iC-epzGeKcXZ9bBUffz4ze0KU6fhsGc-3AE/edit?usp=sharing

Here it is

Forum Reviews: 

31 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

Thanks; I'll send you a PM....

Long time lurker, first time poster..

After reading through great results 'spies' have been sharing on this thread, I decided to dust off the Super Speed Training sticks which had been sitting in the basement since their purchase almost 2 years ago.  I'm excited to report that I saw positive results after the first week.  Here are the average numbers from my SkyTrak launch monitor comparing driver swings before I began the protocol and after 1 week of level 1 protocol.  

Total #  Drives Ball Speed Lauch Angle Back Spin Side Spin Side Angle Offline Carry Height
Before Training 50 137 12.4 2450 -151 4.1
(1.8)
(6.7)
(6.6)
(2.5)
After week 1 20 144 12.6 3174 79 -0.2
(3.0)
(8.4)
(9.3)
(5.0)

The 20 drives for "After week 1" stats were done about 24 hours after completion of week 1 (3 sessions).  Note the gain of 7 mph in ball speed.  I didn't bother with the club speed data since SkyTrak doesn't measure that directly.  I think ultimately ball speed is what matters.  Since the immediate gains are supposed to only last 30 minutes or so, I was very surprised to see the gains after 24+ hours.   This will certainly motivate me to stick it through this time around.   2 years ago, I did not have a launch monitor to confirm any gains and that was not good for motivation.   I won't bother measuring the club head speed with PRGR or other swing speed monitors during training.  I plan to monitoring ball speed on weekly basis to monitor my progress.  Does anyone believe that measuring head speed for each training swing is important?  Will having that immediate feedback during training itself be critical?  

On another note, the training also impacted other metrics namely, backspin, side spin, and side angle.    Average backspin went up by ~700 which is quite a bit.   Average ball shape changed from a push draw to high straight fades.   I think as many of you have noted, refitting clubs may be necessary at some point.  Has anyone else seen such drastic uptick in back spin?  

Sonny

Edited by pakman92
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro

On 12/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, pakman92 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster..

After reading through great results 'spies' have been sharing on this thread, I decided to dust off the Super Speed Training sticks which had been sitting in the basement since their purchase almost 2 years ago.  I'm excited to report that I saw positive results after the first week.  Here are the average numbers from my SkyTrak launch monitor comparing driver swings before I began the protocol and after 1 week of level 1 protocol.  

Total #  Drives Ball Speed Lauch Angle Back Spin Side Spin Side Angle Offline Carry Height
Before Training 50 137 12.4 2450 -151 4.1
(1.8)
(6.7)
(6.6)
(2.5)
After week 1 20 144 12.6 3174 79 -0.2
(3.0)
(8.4)
(9.3)
(5.0)

The 20 drives for "After week 1" stats were done about 24 hours after completion of week 1 (3 sessions).  Note the gain of 7 mph in ball speed.  I didn't bother with the club speed data since SkyTrak doesn't measure that directly.  I think ultimately ball speed is what matters.  Since the immediate gains are supposed to only last 30 minutes or so, I was very surprised to see the gains after 24+ hours.   This will certainly motivate me to stick it through this time around.   2 years ago, I did not have a launch monitor to confirm any gains and that was not good for motivation.   I won't bother measuring the club head speed with PRGR or other swing speed monitors during training.  I plan to monitoring ball speed on weekly basis to monitor my progress.  Does anyone believe that measuring head speed for each training swing is important?  Will having that immediate feedback during training itself be critical?  

On another note, the training also impacted other metrics namely, backspin, side spin, and side angle.    Average backspin went up by ~700 which is quite a bit.   Average ball shape changed from a push draw to high straight fades.   I think as many of you have noted, refitting clubs may be necessary at some point.  Has anyone else seen such drastic uptick in back spin?  

Sonny

Wow, that is impressive Sonny.  Posts like these keep me thinking about trying it myself... but the fear of messing up my troubled, but under control, left shoulder rules the day 😕.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)