GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, revkev said:

So I went to the range today and did the normal dynamic warm up although I’ve modified it to use the Blue club rather than the Red.

I then started hitting balls, full wedges at a flag that was 110, then 7 irons at one that was 148 - peppered that one, then 7 wood (4 iron equivalent) at a flag that was 184 - but 6, 4 went past it and these were true range balls, not quite as good as a gamer.

Then came driver - but first a blue stick swing:

That’s very fast for me so I couldn’t wait to see what driver would bring, this:

There was a flag at 227, that’s just about my average drive per ARCOSS (226 isn’t average), this ball flew past that and bounded up to a pin that was 264. For real.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You're going to need to upgrade that driver shaft before too long...

• Like 7

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Did an experiment today, mostly out of necessity - it started pouring yesterday just as I was going outside to do the protocol. Set my alarm for earlier today to try to do it before work. Still raining even though it was supposed to stop at 4 AM. I needed to get it in today to stay on schedule, so I did it after playing 9 for league. It actually worked out pretty well. Finally cracked 111 with driver, with a 114 after the workout. Still stuck on 120 with the green stick, though. (If you didn't read my intro, I have no headroom in my garage or basement to swing something the length of a 3W, so I have to do it outside.)

I also did a variation of the dynamic warmup prior to playing. I forgot to take the red stick with me, so the last bit was with my orange whip, instead. I liked doing it that way, but will experiment to figure out what works best for me.

• Like 7

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Just now, Jbmullin said:

Great session yesterday and today on hole 18IMG_2609.JPG.

244 dead centre.. driver, gap , putter..

That's the way it's supposed to be done...

Or so I'm told.

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

@ChasingScratch - I went for a fitting after being a tester the first time around. I had picked up some pretty good clubhead speed at that point. I was coming off of shooting a 69.

He really didn’t change all that much. I do think he moved me into a driver shaft that was too light for me, but the fairway woods that he put me in were money - I struggled with the dispersion for about 9 months with that driver shaft. I was going to head back to my regular fitter to change shafts when I got picked for the Fujikura Motore test - this shaft suits me fine - I’m generally sitting in the mid to high 90’s with driver on the course - that’s a big jump from the low 90’s that I had slid back to when I stopped over speed training. I’m resolved to continue training this summer even in the Florida heat so that I don’t backslide again.

I’m back on the cusp of playing well again. Index is down to 5.1. We are just waiting for permission for our league to resume play - looking forward to that.

• Like 8

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

[mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] - I went for a fitting after being a tester the first time around. I had picked up some pretty good clubhead speed at that point. I was coming off of shooting a 69.

He really didn’t change all that much. I do think he moved me into a driver shaft that was too light for me, but the fairway woods that he put me in were money - I struggled with the dispersion for about 9 months with that driver shaft. I was going to head back to my regular fitter to change shafts when I got picked for the Fujikura Motore test - this shaft suits me fine - I’m generally sitting in the mid to high 90’s with driver on the course - that’s a big jump from the low 90’s that I had slid back to when I stopped over speed training. I’m resolved to continue training this summer even in the Florida heat so that I don’t backslide again.

I’m back on the cusp of playing well again. Index is down to 5.1. We are just waiting for permission for our league to resume play - looking forward to that.

3 and 5 wood shafts are usually heavier than driver shafts. Maybe if you just put a heavier shaft in the driver you’d get the benefit of a larger useful speed range and improved tempo? Idk, just spit-balling.

I personally like heavier shafts in driver and woods. I had one of those white headed TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Super Fast drivers back in the day. The shaft was something like 55 grams. I couldn’t feel it at all. Felt like I was swinging an alignment stick. I could swing it fast though!

• Like 4

WITB:

Love seeing everyone getting progress and so involved. Can't wait to get started when I do get them!

Headed for my first round of the season later today and will put up some pictures. 

Again awesome to see the involvement and before even getting them I'm convinced of these things!

• Like 6

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

3 and 5 wood shafts are usually heavier than driver shafts. Maybe if you just put a heavier shaft in the driver you’d get the benefit of a larger useful speed range and improved tempo? Idk, just spit-balling.

I personally like heavier shafts in driver and woods. I had one of those white headed TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Super Fast drivers back in the day. The shaft was something like 55 grams. I couldn’t feel it at all. Felt like I was swinging an alignment stick. I could swing it fast though!

The Motore is heavier, and a little stronger, it’s exactly what I needed.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Did an experiment today, mostly out of necessity - it started pouring yesterday just as I was going outside to do the protocol. Set my alarm for earlier today to try to do it before work. Still raining even though it was supposed to stop at 4 AM. I needed to get it in today to stay on schedule, so I did it after playing 9 for league. It actually worked out pretty well. Finally cracked 111 with driver, with a 114 after the workout. Still stuck on 120 with the green stick, though. (If you didn't read my intro, I have no headroom in my garage or basement to swing something the length of a 3W, so I have to do it outside.)

I also did a variation of the dynamic warmup prior to playing. I forgot to take the red stick with me, so the last bit was with my orange whip, instead. I liked doing it that way, but will experiment to figure out what works best for me.

Both my wife and I use the orange whip as part of the warm-up before the protocol. Good way to get that swing going. 

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Both my wife and I use the orange whip as part of the warm-up before the protocol. Good way to get that swing going. 

Yeah I have the skilz stock knockoff if the orange whip and like it to help loosen up the muscles. Just a handful of back and forth going a little further every time is good for me. Then some 6 iron swings getting progressively faster.

That seems to have me at my at the higher end of my normal swing speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Saw this last night... I’ll be trying some of the feels here during lunch today to see if it can help me break past 126 with the green stick.

• Like 7

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

21 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Yeah I have the skilz stock knockoff if the orange whip and like it to help loosen up the muscles. Just a handful of back and forth going a little further every time is good for me. Then some 6 iron swings getting progressively faster.

That seems to have me at my at the higher end of my normal swing speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to add the 6i to the warm-up. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Whelp, first major incident of adversity.  I don't know if I slept funny or it was from bad posture while playing video games with my son yesterday, but my back is having spasms like crazy right now. 

I mean even turning causes it to flare up.  This sucks.

I'm not going to be able to do my Week 2 Day 2 session today.  I tried making a few swings and it just ain't happening.

Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow...

It sucks because today the weather is actually on the cool side and not humid at all. We have a massive rain system coming in and it could be raining for over a week.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

WITB:

Looking forward to seeing the results.  I've been doing the super speed training for 10 weeks now and have seen my swing speed go up 10 mph from 97 to 107.  I can hit 110 with just a slightly bigger turn too.  I've also started to hit a draw as my natural shape rather than the fade/slice miss that I've struggled with my whole life.  This is a great system! Glad you all get to experience it! Thanks to MGS for the tip!

• Like 6

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 3

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 4

Irons- Cobra F8 One Length 5-G

Wedges- TM Milled grind 54* and 58*

Putter- Tommy Armour Impact No3 CB

Great session yesterday and today on hole 18IMG_2609.thumb.JPG.be251bbb4cebe71d98672405a4d5b0e7.JPG.

244 dead centre.. driver, gap , putter..

Which app is this picture from?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Saw this last night... I’ll be trying some of the feels here during lunch today to see if it can help me break past 126 with the green stick.

is this like 7 minute abs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Popeye64 said:

Which app is this picture from?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Arccos. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

is this like 7 minute abs?

Didn’t get out on lunch... but hopefully I’ll find out after work.  I need some sort of miracle to keep up with you. Haha

• Like 2

#cuetheduckboats

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Didn’t get out on lunch... but hopefully I’ll find out after work.  I need some sort of miracle to keep up with you. Haha

Dont want to take to much away from the superspeed training but that video is fantastic. around the 12 minute mark that stomping of the heel really reels in his dispersion and clearly jumps that speed way up. I have a lot of these tendencies already not as much rotation but the knee and heel action is simliar but my issue is staying down where i tend to already be upright at contact thats where I lose. Anyway back to the superspeed training sorry boys.

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

6 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Funny you mention this video. I watched Ian go through all of his tweaks yesterday, and I tried a few of them today during my routine (namely the left heel), and it did seem to help.

Took five swings with green club to finish session - 130, 137, 135, 134, 132.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos