GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

53 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Whelp, I went to do my normal leg workout. Did my first 3 sets of back squats just fine. As I was racking one of the weight plates I felt a pop in my lower back along my spine and hit the floor. Every step hurts now.

This sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ah mannnnn rest up and for sure see a doctor. Pop is never good. Keep us posted and hope it’s not serious!

• Like 4

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Whelp, I went to do my normal leg workout. Did my first 3 sets of back squats just fine. As I was racking one of the weight plates I felt a pop in my lower back along my spine and hit the floor. Every step hurts now.

This sucks.

Damn man, rest up. Get better soon! We will all be head to watch you get faster once you’re healthy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

@Kenny B had the same experience with his sticks and would be tho guy to go to for this one. I have the same issue now with my new driver, but when we started the protocols everything lined up well as I was using a TaylorMade Burner Superfast that weighed only 279 grams. 

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That's quite a difference. My 410 is about 350g and that's with a 65g shaft and MCC+4 grip. I wonder if I'm not getting the result of using a heavier stick? Thx for the quick reply . @Kenny B your thoughts? 

Oh and BTW, I love my 410 driver so not interested in changing it out. 

From what I was told, Kyle goes by your driver swing speed and generally thinks most people with low swing speed will be using a light-weight driver. SSG standard for the Men's set is based off a driver that is 312-315g.  My driver at the time was 336g; btw my current driver is 330g.

I also checked my wife's driver with a 50g L flex shaft and it weighed 306g or 5 grams more than the Blue stick, so their 20%lighter, 10% lighter, 5% heavier standard doesn't work for ladies either.

I started with the Yellow, Green, Blue set which was fine to start with, but as I progressed the Green stick was as fast as the Yellow stick, and I couldn't get the Yellow stick any faster.  SSG sent me the Red stick and I used the Green, Blue, and Red starting at Week 9.

Don't think that the SSG sticks are anywhere close to the swingweight of your driver.  The Blue stick is B6, the Red stick is E1, and the others don't register at all.  That may be why I didn't swing the Yellow stick every well and have trouble with any light weight drivers.  

I can't argue with the results of the SSG protocol, even if the stick weights don't measure up to the standard.  I gained speed using the Senior set and continued to gain speed with the men's set.  What I don't know is whether or not I would have seen the same improvement as I got only using the Senior set.  But I know that I prefer heavier clubs; helps with swing plane.

• Like 8

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Played 18 this morning and figured things out with the driver about 1/3 of the way through the round. And I absolutely started pounding the ball. 

Week 2 is a compete and rather than posting the same spreadsheet week to week I thought I'd mix things up.

I really was hitting my 3 wood and hybrid well today and when I got home I took some swings on the launch monitor to confirm what I was seeing on the course. 

I play a 21* head, lofted down to 20* and 1/4 of an inch shorter than the standard 3 hybrid. Typical carry has always been about 225 to 230. 

Not anymore

IMG_20200525_133449.thumb.jpg.17219d700de36f162fe870cfbd7c59ea.jpg

IMG_20200525_135335.thumb.jpg.c5ab94c957335de9c060c827aebbc836.jpg

IMG_20200525_133622.thumb.jpg.4ecdb762af173dc07ec393899a1a221b.jpg

And my Ping G410 LST 3 Wood that carries about 244-248 off the deck? 

IMG_20200525_134157.thumb.jpg.1e06219bc3acec9fb5eea88294806ac9.jpg

IMG_20200525_140101.thumb.jpg.3952abe815896c3b945fbe5204f36f03.jpg

I hear yea. Couldn’t control the face on my driver today, hitting high weak push fades again. Just started phase 2. 

So I put it away and hit a 4 iron off the tee all day. Did it matter? Nope, since I was hitting it 235 carry. On 18 my buddy hit a weak slap shot drive high and right like 245, then cursed again as I hit my best 4 iron of the day 10 yards FURTHER than his drive. 

• Like 5

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

This sucks.

Dude I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck at the doctors!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

This sucks.

Mate, fingers crossed it's something that can be fixed with a couple of weeks of rest. In the meantime you can join me on the sidelines enjoying the tests without putting in the work 😁😎

• Like 2

CobraConnectChallenge3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :rife-putters-1: - LH - Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :srixon-small: Zstar

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

It's a long story for another thread, but I now have a net to hit into.

Tell the story in another thread because I'm interested to see how you set it up.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

Tell the story in another thread because I'm interested to see how you set it up.

Done.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

On 5/20/2020 at 11:38 AM, Popeye64 said:

Which app is this picture from?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

This is the Arccos app screen shot.  It's a game changer

• Like 3

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 3

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 4

Irons- Cobra F8 One Length 5-G

Wedges- TM Milled grind 54* and 58*

Putter- Tommy Armour Impact No3 CB

Not an MGS tester so I really don’t want to hijack the thread, but I just bought the Super Speed system last weekend, based largely on what I’m reading in this thread and the previous test thread.

Did my first Level 1 workout last night; my plan is to do it every MWF. That said, I am a little concerned about some of the feedback I’ve seen about spraying it once you actually tee it up, so I’m planning to do an Orange Whip session Tuesday and Thursday to try and preserve some tempo.

Is that a bad idea? Will Orange Whip practices in between neuter the brain reprogramming that Super Speed is trying to do? I certainly don’t go all out with the Orange Whip, I just would like to still keep it in bounds when I play while working through the Super Speed protocols. But, I also don’t want to render the protocols worthless.

Thoughts? (Again, hope this is okay to post here, don’t want to hijack anything.)

• Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

53 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Not an MGS tester so I really don’t want to hijack the thread, but I just bought the Super Speed system last weekend, based largely on what I’m reading in this thread and the previous test thread.

Did my first Level 1 workout last night; my plan is to do it every MWF. That said, I am a little concerned about some of the feedback I’ve seen about spraying it once you actually tee it up, so I’m planning to do an Orange Whip session Tuesday and Thursday to try and preserve some tempo.

Is that a bad idea? Will Orange Whip practices in between neuter the brain reprogramming that Super Speed is trying to do? I certainly don’t go all out with the Orange Whip, I just would like to still keep it in bounds when I play while working through the Super Speed protocols. But, I also don’t want to render the protocols worthless.

Thoughts? (Again, hope this is okay to post here, don’t want to hijack anything.)

I think you will see a little more dispersion off the tee when you first start out.  I did in the earlier test, but it doesn't last very long.  Don't give up if you see it!!  At some point you will be more comfortable with the swings and have better control.  It's like swinging with the non-dominant hand.  It feels really awkward at first, and your speed is much slower.  But keep doing it and that swing becomes less awkward.  I actually got to the point where my fastest speeds were with my non-dominant hand!!

The Orange Whip sessions should be fine.  I used my Skilz Gold Flex before every round I played, and even played in the afternoon after a morning protocol.  The only issue raised by SuperSpeed Golf was to NOT play golf prior to performing the protocol, if possible.

During the last testing we had several members that were not part of the testing jump in and shared their experiences.  I don't think it's hijacking.  Everyone welcomes participation when the goal is to provide input to members of the forum about products.  

Best of luck with your training!!  Love the forum name!!

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think you will see a little more dispersion off the tee when you first start out.  I did in the earlier test, but it doesn't last very long.  Don't give up if you see it!!  At some point you will be more comfortable with the swings and have better control.  It's like swinging with the non-dominant hand.  It feels really awkward at first, and your speed is much slower.  But keep doing it and that swing becomes less awkward.  I actually got to the point where my fastest speeds were with my non-dominant hand!!
The Orange Whip sessions should be fine.  I used my Skilz Gold Flex before every round I played, and even played in the afternoon after a morning protocol.  The only issue raised by SuperSpeed Golf was to NOT play golf prior to performing the protocol, if possible.
During the last testing we had several members that were not part of the testing jump in and shared their experiences.  I don't think it's hijacking.  Everyone welcomes participation when the goal is to provide input to members of the forum about products.  
Best of luck with your training!!  Love the forum name!!

Great feedback, thank you!

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

@getoffmylawn I was also in the first test group - one of the goals of these testing threads is entire forum participation. Occasionally OEMs weight in as well so questions or observations are good.

One of the benefits that I found from the SuperSpeed program was improved ball striking consistency -

That can come from lessons too - those sometimes cause a step back to take a step forward. I’m sure the Orange whip is fine but if your going to truly see a benefit from SuperSpeed you are going to need some turbulence as your swing takes off and you get faster.

Good luck

• Like 9

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Does everyone do the protocol on grass or concrete? I dont really have a very flat area in my grass so I often do it on concrete but the other day did the protocol in the grass and my numbers were down across the board by about 5mph. Wondering if I should start doing it in the grass more in order for a more realistic training or does swinging harder on concrete better prepare the neural pathways.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

In my opinion, you are welcome to throw your observations/results in this thread - we like additional participation and prior participants have added invaluable content to the thread, so why not another "unofficial" contributor?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Does everyone do the protocol on grass or concrete? I dont really have a very flat area in my grass so I often do it on concrete but the other day did the protocol in the grass and my numbers were down across the board by about 5mph. Wondering if I should start doing it in the grass more in order for a more realistic training or does swinging harder on concrete better prepare the neural pathways.

I did my first session on grass, but it was not an absolutely flat lie (the only flat area of my yard is very swampy right now) so every subsequent session has been on my deck with a turf-like doormat to protect my driver and the superspeed sticks from inadvertent contact. I did not see any obvious differences between the two.

• Like 3

@getoffmylawn I was also in the first test group - one of the goals of these testing threads is entire forum participation. Occasionally OEMs weight in as well so questions or observations are good.

One of the benefits that I found from the SuperSpeed program was improved ball striking consistency -

That can come from lessons too - those sometimes cause a step back to take a step forward. I’m sure the Orange whip is fine but if your going to truly see a benefit from SuperSpeed you are going to need some turbulence as your swing takes off and you get faster.

Good luck

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Still taking GolfTec lessons (infrequently) as well, I'm just not terribly patient with myself and it bugs me to shoot bad scores, even if I'm creating my own "turbulence" that will turn out to be for the good in the end.  If improved consistency is to be found in the program along with clubhead speed then I am REALLY psyched.  The Me and My Golf guys in their YouTube review of SuperSpeed also spoke to that...that the training seems to improve overall sequencing.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

I did most of it in my backyard wearing golf shoes, and tore up the grass in one spot.  I tried to move around as much as possible, but my yard only had a few flat spots.  When the weather was bad, I did the protocol on my patio wearing sneakers.  I did see a small drop in speed but nothing significant, probably because of loss of traction and not being able to rotate as well under control.  I think you get the same effects, just a different baseline.

If you do it on concrete, you should place something like a rubber mat in the area where you are swinging.  I found that you can hit the concrete (or grass) occasionally.  Not an issue on grass, but concrete...  🙄   ... or the radar unit...  😢

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

I'll do mine on the grass, unless its wet then I'll do it on the concrete.  I didn't notice much difference in my speeds.  I'm looking for some turf or something that I can use because I tear up a lot of grass doing the workouts.  Even in sneakers I'm just about down to dirt by the time I finish.

• Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos: