2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

20 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'll do mine on the grass, unless its wet then I'll do it on the concrete.  I didn't notice much difference in my speeds.  I'm looking for some turf or something that I can use because I tear up a lot of grass doing the workouts.  Even in sneakers I'm just about down to dirt by the time I finish.

I have several noticeably bare spots in my backyard from the last two year's worth of training, and I only use sneakers so I'm sure it'd be worse with spikes.

During the winter I do the protocols in the garage on concrete. I've made some pretty spark showers before bouncing the sticks off the concrete.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Does everyone do the protocol on grass or concrete? I dont really have a very flat area in my grass so I often do it on concrete but the other day did the protocol in the grass and my numbers were down across the board by about 5mph. Wondering if I should start doing it in the grass more in order for a more realistic training or does swinging harder on concrete better prepare the neural pathways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a commercial grade driving range mat that I do my protocols on 

• Like 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Generally I do mine on grass in my back yard with soft spikes - I have a spot that's worn down and its hard to grow grass there anyway.  I've used the driveway while keeping the radar and swing area on grass and that worked fine. 

I've also tried the gym at church - I lost speed on that surface.

• Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

4 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Does everyone do the protocol on grass or concrete? I dont really have a very flat area in my grass so I often do it on concrete but the other day did the protocol in the grass and my numbers were down across the board by about 5mph. Wondering if I should start doing it in the grass more in order for a more realistic training or does swinging harder on concrete better prepare the neural pathways.

It's basic physics at this point.  The softer ground will absorb more energy and reduce reaction of pushing off.  In staying consistent with the super speed system, I would argue to continue to practice on concrete to allow your body to relearn at this increased speeds.  This will mostly likely provide improved speed when you tee it up.  And if I'm totally wrong here someone please tell me!

• Like 3

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

It's basic physics at this point.  The softer ground will absorb more energy and reduce reaction of pushing off.  In staying consistent with the super speed system, I would argue to continue to practice on concrete to allow your body to relearn at this increased speeds.  This will mostly likely provide improved speed when you tee it up.  And if I'm totally wrong here someone please tell me!

There’s got to be some trade-off with grip too. If you loose a bit of traction in sneakers on the driveway vs spikes on the grass that might eat up all if not more than the gain you get from firmer ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

28 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

There’s got to be some trade-off with grip too. If you loose a bit of traction in sneakers on the driveway vs spikes on the grass that might eat up all if not more than the gain you get from firmer ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word! Man... science is cool.  

-or-

5 hours ago, tchat07 said:

And to answer,  I've been doing to protocol's on concrete the whole time and haven't noticed a drop in speed on the course vs in my garage.

• Like 2

-or-

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I definitely like seeing the higher speeds so probably going to stick to my concrete swings. I do agree I have seen a few spark shows going that route. I put a turf mat to protect the sticks haha.

• Like 3
The paint on our deck has sand in it - very good grip in tennis shoes, but what prompted me to use a door mat was after sparks flew off my driver. Nice little scuff on the bottom now. Yes, I'm an idiot.
I followed the 18 version pretty much for the entirety and will say that it seems to be a right of passage to hit the ground at least once or twice or the poor (pre-PRGR) "radars" that you put straight in front of your swing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Not sure if it was the heat and humidity or recovery from the Memorial Day weekend - but yesterday's swings were lower with all of the sticks - most in the 3-4 mph range. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings, hopefully the numbers will be back up. 

• Like 8

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

New personal record with the driver after training today 
IMG_20200528_085002.thumb.jpg.f46c09a6ed01e521ad591b61bee98a93.jpg

Hit 117, 119 and 119 on three consecutive swings 

Yeah buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Not sure if it was the heat and humidity or recovery from the Memorial Day weekend - but yesterday's swings were lower with all of the sticks - most in the 3-4 mph range. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings, hopefully the numbers will be back up. 

I have noticed variations as well based on time of day and how much fun work was that day or what I was doing prior to swings. With the nicer weather I have been running again so I am working on how I schedule the swings.

Overall I have seen consistent gains.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

I started doing the protocols during last years testing and stopped due to pain in my fingers but the 2020 thread inspired me to get started again.  The big question was where to start;  I was through 19 weeks so my thought was to start protocol 3 over again but I would judge based on numbers from my first session.  Having done most wanted driver testing,  I knew my swing speed on GC Quad was generally in the 106-108 range when making a normal shot.   Took a before number and swung at 108.   Started the protocol and my initial numbers were just under where I stopped last year so I think I am starting at a good place.   

Very quickly my fingers starting hurting like they were last year.  I thought that maybe I was holding the club to tight so I loosened my grip a little which helped with the pain but will be something I continue to monitor.    

Did a driver speed test after the session and recorded a top speed of 117.   

Thanks to all the people participating in the thread to help get me motivated to get started again!

I had the same problem with the fingers.  I've been double gloving for the training and really working on relaxing my hands. This has really helped me and relaxing the hands improved my swing speed and I had better ball striking on the course. 

• Like 8

-or-

Now that you guys are getting deeper in the training, what are you finding on the course?

• TaylorMade M5 9.0 - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X OR PX HZRDUS Green 60 6.5 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15 - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 TX
  • Adams Red 18 - Matrix Altus Tour X
  • Callaway X Forged UT 19 - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z965 4-P - PX 6.0 LS (hs 1x) --------------- FORUM TESTING /// Sub 70 Golf 699 Pro 4-P - KBS Tour X
  • Cleveland RTX 4 52/58 Mid - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Bridgestone B XS
5 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I had the same problem with the fingers.  I've been double gloving for the training and really working on relaxing my hands. This has really helped me and relaxing the hands improved my swing speed and I had better ball striking on the course. 

Double rain gloves is the only way for me with the protocols, especially because of the lefty swings 

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X