Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

So you weren’t a switch hitter in baseball either huh?

Lol. I was pretty good at making contact, but struggled to get it out of the infield.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

For the testers that were able to stay on schedule Level 2 is now coming up. 
Here is the video for reference. https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocol-level-2

We are now adding a kneeling swing position. 
The two main tips here are to make sure to keep the knees directly under the hips not wider. If they get wider it restricts the movement of the pelvis. We want the pelvis to rotate as it would in a full standing swing. 
Also, make sure to put something soft under the knees such as a yoga mat or rolled up towel.
If anyone feels discomfort let us know and we can troubleshoot. At the bottom of the protocol page there is a alternative version that is standing with a narrow stance. 

These swings will be much more rounded in the swing plane compared to a standing swing. 

Look forward to getting started!

Better known as the torture portion of your testing!

Good luck! I learned about protein prior to workouts and the healing power of Greek Yogurt, cherries and CBD cream post workout during this portion of the program.

It hasn’t been nearly so tough on my body this second time through.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Anyone feel they could make a solid effort at going opposite handed for a round or two after this?

I don't mind my swing speed numbers, but I feel making contact would be a whole other issue, however the swing feels a lot better then I would have figured. 

Oh and reached 130! With the green stocks! Still waiting for 120 with the driver with a few at 119. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Anyone feel they could make a solid effort at going opposite handed for a round or two after this?
I don't mind my swing speed numbers, but I feel making contact would be a whole other issue, however the swing feels a lot better then I would have figured. 

Sounds like that would make for a fun and interesting thread/challenge. I have a few friends who are lefties and probably would let me borrow clubs.

You might be on to something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I mentioned it in the lefty thread, but TC from NLU is going the entire season lefty included their tourist sauce season. Had some really good and interesting reasons behind it and will be amazing to watch.

I may be able to scrounge up a right handed set in a week or so and give it a try for those who may be interested. I'm thinking only 9 holes though haha

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Funny you mention that; yesterday was my first workout where I felt like my lefty swings were smoothing out and looking like a mildly coordinated golf swing.  I'm going to have to borrow my buddies lefty club and go to the range and see.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

50 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I mentioned it in the lefty thread, but TC from NLU is going the entire season lefty included their tourist sauce season. Had some really good and interesting reasons behind it and will be amazing to watch.

I may be able to scrounge up a right handed set in a week or so and give it a try for those who may be interested. I'm thinking only 9 holes though haha

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Funny you mention that; yesterday was my first workout where I felt like my lefty swings were smoothing out and looking like a mildly coordinated golf swing.  I'm going to have to borrow my buddies lefty club and go to the range and see.

I will say onetime on a par 3 I grabbed my friends 8 iron to try an approach shot left handed.....  It did not look pretty once I needed to add the skill of hitting a ball. haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

I will say onetime on a par 3 I grabbed my friends 8 iron to try an approach shot left handed.....  It did not look pretty once I needed to add the skill of hitting a ball. haha

That's what I'd expect; same dynamic as our dominant side regular swings...looks good until you put a ball down there and then everything changes!

Started my fifth week of Level 1 yesterday.  Can't wait to get to 6 July and get to Level 2; right now these workouts have me wanting to do more.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Level 1 Week 3 review video below:

I decided to cut out the video footage of the non-dominant swings for brevity and to help with the length of the videos.

To date, I have hit 138mph with the normal and 132mph on the step-change swings with the green sticks, 131mph and 130mph with the blue, and 124mph and 120mph with the red.

Driver has stalled at 120mph, which is 4mph slower than my pre-test and 10mph lower than my max one-time swing during the training.

The last round I played was on Father's Day and I was finding the middle of the driver face all the time.  Hit it very accurately and solid.

*Edit: I have an error in the video. I actually hit 138mph with the green stick in Week 1.

Edited by ChasingScratch

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

It is interesting that when you just look at numbers from a week to week basis it is easy to discouraged that this week is down from the past couple of weeks and think the program isn't working.  I decided to graph each club since the beginning and while I have up and down weeks,  the trend of the speeds is definitely upward.  Keep the long term in mind and realize that you will not increase speeds each week.  

image.png.6d21cfbb95d4c62e661475dcb8ee6e23.png

Looking at the variance in your numbers I don't feel so bad. I'll be posting my protocol 1 numbers tomorrow and the chart will have a similar look.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It’s amazing how fast many of the longer players and Long Drive professionals can swing on their non dominant side. 
Here is a recent video of Brooks Koepka hitting 110 mph while hitting a driver left handed. 

5 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Level 1 Week 3 review video below:

I decided to cut out the video footage of the non-dominant swings for brevity and to help with the length of the videos.

To date, I have hit 138mph with the normal and 132mph on the step-change swings with the green sticks, 131mph and 130mph with the blue, and 124mph and 120mph with the red.

Driver has stalled at 120mph, which is 4mph slower than my pre-test and 10mph lower than my max one-time swing during the training.

The last round I played was on Father's Day and I was finding the middle of the driver face all the time.  Hit it very accurately and solid.

*Edit: I have an error in the video. I actually hit 138mph with the green stick in Week 1.

@ChasingScratch really appreciate you putting these videos together for everyone! Definitely less leg drive happening now. One thought here is that after someone has an injury it can take a bit of time for the brain to allow to speed to jump back up to the fear that more strain in that segment can induce that pain response. It’s a natural protective mechanism but as you continue to prove to yourself that it feels ok then that fades. 

One cue to add when swinging the driver testing speeds is to increase the speed of the backswing which can create greater muscle activation during transition leading to more speed through the ball. It’s like a rebound effect. 

14 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

One cue to add when swinging the driver testing speeds is to increase the speed of the backswing which can create greater muscle activation during transition leading to more speed through the ball. It’s like a rebound effect. 

I tend to have a fairly slow back swing - will increasing the back swing present problems on the course? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

So I cracked 100 kneeling swings this afternoon - do I get a prize?

And me knees aren’t aching tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Did a 0600 Level 1 workout this morning, and was feeling fast.

I've switched up the programming a bit and rather than do the workouts in the evening, I'm doing them first thing in the morning before my regular workouts, still Monday-Wednesday-Friday.  It seems to me I'm fresher and more able to go "all in" on the SS training if I haven't already done ab work and my normal strength training workouts.

4 more level 1 workouts before level 2 begins!

9 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@tony@CIC great question. It could make mechanics feel off or it could make them feel better. Want to reiterate that a lot of thIs process involves discovery learning and getting out of one’s comfort zone. It does add another variable but most golfers have never tried adding speed to their backswing. It’s been drilled into us to have a slow rhythmic looking backswing. For some players that slowness is going to cause them to be both short and crooked. Others may fare better.
Feel free to give it a try just on some driver swings. We are not asking everyone to add that to the SuperSpeed routine. More so just helping Tony get a bit of a breakthrough. 

let us know how it goes! 

That's interesting, and matches my experience to some extent:  at times, I've tried to slow down my backswing a little to try and hit the magic 3:1 ratio (I'm generally around 2.2-2.3:1 according to Zepp), but that does seem to hurt my ball striking, at least when I'm hitting into a net in my backyard.  I think I'm just going to abandon that idea in favor of that rebound effect you mentioned.  If nothing else, that will remove one extraneous swing thought from my crowed brain 😉 

I got the Zepp when I first started playing 4 years ago, and tend to use it on-and-off, mainly in the spring - it was the first golf-training item I picked up.  I may just retire it, I think it's giving me too much to think about.  Maybe the most interesting info is seeing how much steeper my downswing is when there's a ball to hit than with a practice swing.  

Speaking of swings, I hit 110 and 113 on the green sticks Monday and this morning, so the speed is coming back in week 2.  One good thing about having to work from home is that I can do the protocol in the morning between meetings.  Definitely better than the end of the day.  The big day will be seeing some red swings crack 100.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:19 AM, tony@CIC said:

That's a great improvement. I seem to be stuck in the 180-190 range, so hoping I can get a Protocol 2 jump shortly. 

I need new glasses - my post should have read 80 -90 🤦‍♂️. I wish it was 180-190. 😎

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@tony@CIC great question. It could make mechanics feel off or it could make them feel better. Want to reiterate that a lot of thIs process involves discovery learning and getting out of one’s comfort zone. It does add another variable but most golfers have never tried adding speed to their backswing. It’s been drilled into us to have a slow rhythmic looking backswing. For some players that slowness is going to cause them to be both short and crooked. Others may fare better.
Feel free to give it a try just on some driver swings. We are not asking everyone to add that to the SuperSpeed routine. More so just helping Tony get a bit of a breakthrough. 

let us know how it goes! 

This is very interesting. Tempo is a problem for me, so I've tried to focus on more of a course-like backswing while doing to protocols. 

Week 4 day 1 complete!

I did hit 133mph with a green dominant side swing (5mph slower than my fastest, but still faster than what I was stuck on before 132mph).

I forgot my driver in my regular golf bag, so no driver swings tonight.

Here is my funky-looking chart of my daily top speed with the green, blue, red, and driver:

561727382_SuperSpeedgraphuptoWeek4.png.5030ac09b1cbc1d1397fc8e91754fce8.png

*Edit: Day 3 for green should be 138mph*

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

20 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

This is very interesting. Tempo is a problem for me, so I've tried to focus on more of a course-like backswing while doing to protocols. 

I don't know if it was the weather (beautiful mid-70's, little humidity) or a "tempo-be-damned" attitude, but the speeds were back up to normal last night after a dip for a couple sessions. On kneeling swings, a few times I caught myself trying to take a mini "step" by lifting and planting my lead knee (especially on LH swings). I assume we don't want to do that.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

tony@CIC great question. It could make mechanics feel off or it could make them feel better. Want to reiterate that a lot of thIs process involves discovery learning and getting out of one’s comfort zone. It does add another variable but most golfers have never tried adding speed to their backswing. It’s been drilled into us to have a slow rhythmic looking backswing. For some players that slowness is going to cause them to be both short and crooked. Others may fare better.

Did the Level 2, Day 1 protocol yesterday and tried the faster back swing. It didn't add much to the overall speed so I'm hesitant to 'ingrain' that into my back swing. In the past the faster back swing created havoc with my driver. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but the trade off for me is dispersion over distance. I tend to favor dispersion. 

FYI, as I get ready to do a mini review, I can dogmatically state I am very pleased with protocol 1 results! Yes they could have been better, but they look like long term sustainable results. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I need new glasses - my post should have read 80 -90 🤦‍♂️. I wish it was 180-190. 😎

You'll get there!  if it's any consolation, I just looked back to my first time through the program, I didn't see any jump until the 4th week of of protocol 2, so 10 weeks in.  All the sudden, I had a 6 mph jump and stayed very steady again thru week 22 (that's when I stopped for the summer).

Edited by Mike Lambert

@SuperSpeed Golf was mentioned several times on the NoPuttsGiven podcast (the one where they talked about Bryson DeChambeau.

Just a little plug in case you anyone hand't listened to it yet and was interested.  I've been seeing lots of organic advertising for SuperSpeed on a variety of golf media lately.

WITB:

So much for club head speed for old guys.  The sons and Grandsons came over on Sunday.  I proudly told them how I have gone 80 to 95 in 9 weeks.  After a few beers, we went out to try the yellow club.  Grandsons 10 and 12 got 77 and 89.  Thirty-six year old sons that hit the range twice a decade got 101 and 117.  Cannot wait until next year, when I get in the 100s.

Ranny

So much for club head speed for old guys.  The sons and Grandsons came over on Sunday.  I proudly told them how I have gone 80 to 95 in 9 weeks.  After a few beers, we went out to try the yellow club.  Grandsons 10 and 12 got 77 and 89.  Thirty-six year old sons that hit the range twice a decade got 101 and 117.  Cannot wait until next year, when I get in the 100s.

That doesn’t make the 80-95 any less impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk