2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

This evening was pretty rough. It felt like an awkward swing night. Speeds didn't drop, but I wasn't nearly as consistent. I'm tempted to blame how many swings I've had recently - played 28 Monday afternoon, did the protocol a couple hours later, then played yesterday.
The good news is that left handed swings are getting even closer to right handed. I'm sure they look like death, but they're apparently effective.

Effective they are! I had one day a couple week managing where my left hand swings were all faster by 1-2 MPH than my normal swings. that was a weird swing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

Effective they are! I had one day a couple week managing where my left hand swings were all faster by 1-2 MPH than my normal swings. that was a weird swing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was what happened to me today
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Okay so first off before I get into this I want to Thank Kyle and crew at Superspeed Golf so much. They really are an amazing company and are amazing to deal with. Can't thank them enough. Second I want to apologize for not being very active the last little bit here, however I didn't recieve the sticks till this afternoon due to shipping issues in eastern Canada and Kyle was able to send out a new set to me out west where I am with family for the next while. They arrived super quick and I was able to just complete the first protocol. I am going to update my intro with a few updates as well and when I do i will post a link to it.
With all that being said I am a few weeks behind the rest of them here, but that just means I got some extra time to get amped up and see how this whole thing will work. In case anyone was wondering after day one yup 100% without question there is something to it.

Here is a breakdown of my numbers from session #1
Driver before protocol was 102MPH right about where I figured I was.
Light Dominant - 110MPH
Medium Dominant - 113 MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH
Driver after protocol - 116MPH
Top swing with light all out was 118MPH

Now a few things to note. I'm exhausted! thank goodness I did the warm up before else I would have pulled something. I am also using the older device to measure due to the other being so popular and sold out. I am hopeful to get the other one, but if not thats okay. This one seems to due the trick and I noticed very few inconsistencies in dominant swings. I did notice a few with non dominant; however I would attribute that to swing more then anything. Finally to cap off day 1 of many this is going to be fun! I will continue to do as many updates and pictures whenever possible and hope everyone can enjoy this journey. I have only 4 rounds under my belt so far this season and was a little downed with the delays to getting this. Now however its game time and have a round booked tomorrow at my favorite course ever The Rise in Vernon BC. I plan on doing a warm up with the super speed sticks and letting some drives fly!pixlr.jpeg

Sent from my rammus using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Glad you finally got the goods!

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Okay so first off before I get into this I want to Thank Kyle and crew at Superspeed Golf so much. They really are an amazing company and are amazing to deal with. Can't thank them enough. Second I want to apologize for not being very active the last little bit here, however I didn't recieve the sticks till this afternoon due to shipping issues in eastern Canada and Kyle was able to send out a new set to me out west where I am with family for the next while. They arrived super quick and I was able to just complete the first protocol. I am going to update my intro with a few updates as well and when I do i will post a link to it.
With all that being said I am a few weeks behind the rest of them here, but that just means I got some extra time to get amped up and see how this whole thing will work. In case anyone was wondering after day one yup 100% without question there is something to it.

Light Dominant - 110MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH

Now a few things to note. I'm exhausted! thank goodness I did the warm up before else I would have pulled something. I am also using the older device to measure due to the other being so popular and sold out. I am hopeful to get the other one, but if not thats okay. This one seems to due the trick and I noticed very few inconsistencies in dominant swings. I did notice a few with non dominant; however I would attribute that to swing more then anything. Finally to cap off day 1 of many this is going to be fun! I will continue to do as many updates and pictures whenever possible and hope everyone can enjoy this journey. I have only 4 rounds under my belt so far this season and was a little downed with the delays to getting this. Now however its game time and have a round booked tomorrow at my favorite course ever The Rise in Vernon BC. I plan on doing a warm up with the super speed sticks and letting some drives fly!pixlr.jpeg.7bf22ea277e333ea3598fbcd00ad64b7.jpeg

Sounds like you're already in the grove - won't be long before you catchup with the rest of the group!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

14 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Light Dominant - 110MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH

Now a few things to note. I'm exhausted! thank goodness I did the warm up before else I would have pulled something. I am also using the older device to measure due to the other being so popular and sold out. I am hopeful to get the other one, but if not thats okay. This one seems to due the trick and I noticed very few inconsistencies in dominant swings. I did notice a few with non dominant; however I would attribute that to swing more then anything. Finally to cap off day 1 of many this is going to be fun! I will continue to do as many updates and pictures whenever possible and hope everyone can enjoy this journey. I have only 4 rounds under my belt so far this season and was a little downed with the delays to getting this. Now however its game time and have a round booked tomorrow at my favorite course ever The Rise in Vernon BC. I plan on doing a warm up with the super speed sticks and letting some drives fly!pixlr.jpeg

1. I'm happy you were able to get your sticks! I know it's been hard on you waiting for them to arrive, but it'll be worth the wait.

2. I love how you were able to include a photo with you dog in it, he looks as happy to see the sticks as you are.

3. I'm jealous of your view, it's stunning!

Now, a question for all the testers: I've noticed you all have been including a dry driver swing speed. Is that part of the program now, or something on the MGS side? I'm curious because that was something we didn't do in the original test.

Again, you all are knocking it out of the park. Keep it up!

• Like 8
29 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

1. I'm happy you were able to get your sticks! I know it's been hard on you waiting for them to arrive, but it'll be worth the wait.

2. I love how you were able to include a photo with you dog in it, he looks as happy to see the sticks as you are.

3. I'm jealous of your view, it's stunning!

Now, a question for all the testers: I've noticed you all have been including a dry driver swing speed. Is that part of the program now, or something on the MGS side? I'm curious because that was something we didn't do in the original test.

Again, you all are knocking it out of the park. Keep it up!

It was something we were asked to do and keep track of. Definitely helps give a baseline for how fast youre swinging and been interesting to see the difference between first swing before protocol and after. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Just now, Apolloshowl said:

It was something we were asked to do and keep track of. Definitely helps give a baseline for how fast youre swinging and been interesting to see the difference between first swing before protocol and after. 

I appreciate it, I can see where it could be beneficial by positively reinforcing you brain by seeing that you can swing driver faster. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Light Dominant - 110MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH

Can we talk real quick about that view from where you're staying? Holy crap that is an awesome view!

Oh, and good job with the 115 SS. Not a bad starting place. 

I know you've been slightly behind, but do you think the extra information from everyone else's experiences has been helpful getting you up to speed faster with the protocols?

• Like 4

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

13 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Light Dominant - 110MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH

Great start with the protocol.

I love the Okanagan!!  Straight north of me, 6 hour drive.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Light Dominant - 110MPH
Heavy Dominant - 109 MPH

Now a few things to note. I'm exhausted! thank goodness I did the warm up before else I would have pulled something. I am also using the older device to measure due to the other being so popular and sold out. I am hopeful to get the other one, but if not thats okay. This one seems to due the trick and I noticed very few inconsistencies in dominant swings. I did notice a few with non dominant; however I would attribute that to swing more then anything. Finally to cap off day 1 of many this is going to be fun! I will continue to do as many updates and pictures whenever possible and hope everyone can enjoy this journey. I have only 4 rounds under my belt so far this season and was a little downed with the delays to getting this. Now however its game time and have a round booked tomorrow at my favorite course ever The Rise in Vernon BC. I plan on doing a warm up with the super speed sticks and letting some drives fly!pixlr.jpeg.7bf22ea277e333ea3598fbcd00ad64b7.jpeg

Very interested to see how your numbers progress! With that high of an ending ss I think the sky will be the limit. Welcome to the party and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4
3 hours ago, palvord said:

Can we talk real quick about that view from where you're staying? Holy crap that is an awesome view!

Oh, and good job with the 115 SS. Not a bad starting place. 

I know you've been slightly behind, but do you think the extra information from everyone else's experiences has been helpful getting you up to speed faster with the protocols?

I think it will in a sense for a guide line for where I can and will be in 2 and 3 weeks time. However we were told that you can't rush the program and catch up per say. Doing the protocols 3 times a week is perfect and doing then 4 or 5 times won't necessarily help gain more speed quicker.

• Like 7

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

I think it will in a sense for a guide line for where I can and will be in 2 and 3 weeks time. However we were told that you can't rush the program and catch up per say. Doing the protocols 3 times a week is perfect and doing then 4 or 5 times won't necessarily help gain more speed quicker.

By the time I get rolling again we’ll likely be on the same schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

9 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

By the time I get rolling again we’ll likely be on the same schedule.

When will that be, by the way?  How's the back feeling?

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Speed training is going well, but ball striking is still wonky. 

New baby arriving Sunday, meaning even less time to practice (protocols won't be an issue since they are quick and I can do them whenever). 

I'm growing concerned that this will be a lost year of golf for me if I can't practice enough to make the speed training sync up with actually hitting a ball straight. 

Definitely something to think about if you're considering diving in to speed training 

Kids...they ruin everything.

Bad joke...Congratulations!

Jokes aside, I've been there...kids are 2, 4, and 6.  A lot changes.  My advice is to build yourself a drill system and acquire the appropriate training aids to keep improving in the absence of opportunities to play and hit the range.  I've worked through a concoction of GolfTec prescribed drills that are all "dry" (no ball required), used Orange Whip, and now recently SuperSpeed.  My handicap has dropped from a 14 4 years ago to 6.5 now...it can be done.

And you probably already know this, but you'll find your short game is the hardest to keep sharp.

• Like 4

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Speed training is going well, but ball striking is still wonky. 
New baby arriving Sunday, meaning even less time to practice (protocols won't be an issue since they are quick and I can do them whenever). 
I'm growing concerned that this will be a lost year of golf for me if I can't practice enough to make the speed training sync up with actually hitting a ball straight. 
Definitely something to think about if you're considering diving in to speed training 

Congrats on the baby - don’t sweat the ball striking - it comes back around quickly.

• Like 6

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them