2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

Speed training is going well, but ball striking is still wonky. 
New baby arriving Sunday, meaning even less time to practice (protocols won't be an issue since they are quick and I can do them whenever). 
I'm growing concerned that this will be a lost year of golf for me if I can't practice enough to make the speed training sync up with actually hitting a ball straight. 
Definitely something to think about if you're considering diving in to speed training 

Congrats on the new baby!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

When will that be, by the way?  How's the back feeling?

Hoping for next week Monday. Still some tightness that I just don’t quite trust. I’m thinking rest for the remainder of the week and then Mach 3 is back on.

• Like 6

WITB:

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Congrats on the baby! Very exciting for you!

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

So even though it was only one round post first day, things felt good and had a good warm up and found a nice groove. It may be my favorite course on the planet.... lots more to play but its just a really cool fun tough experience. Can't wait to keep getting faster and seeing how I can push my golf game forward!

pixlr_20200604194907863.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

14 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

So even though it was only one round post first day, things felt good and had a good warm up and found a nice groove. It may be my favorite course on the planet.... lots more to play but its just a really cool fun tough experience. Can't wait to keep getting faster and seeing how I can push my golf game forward!

pixlr_20200604194907863.jpg

Awesome to hear that you have the sticks and that course is gorgeous 😍. I look forward to seeing your massive drives the next time we play 😁😎

• Like 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

New baby arriving Sunday, meaning even less time to practice (protocols won't be an issue since they are quick and I can do them whenever). 
I'm growing concerned that this will be a lost year of golf for me if I can't practice enough to make the speed training sync up with actually hitting a ball straight. 
Definitely something to think about if you're considering diving in to speed training 
Congrats on the new baby!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Week 4 , session 2 in the books and seeing some of the best results I’ve seen to date.

Slow swing speed group and a lefty.

Position 1 normal

Yellow- 96/89 green 95/93 blue 89/84

Steps - 102/92 , 90/88, 92/92

Position 3- 95/95/95 Mph

On my last 3 swings I got 95 three times so I took one more swing and hit 100mph, just to make sure it was not locked up.

I’m very much focusing on my form now on the normal swings, so I’m really impressed to see the higher speeds on the last sets.

• Like 9

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Week 4 , session 2 in the books and seeing some of the best results I’ve seen to date.
Slow swing speed group and a lefty.
Position 1 normal
Yellow- 96/89 green 95/93 blue 89/84
Steps - 102/92 , 90/88, 92/92
Position 3- 95/95/95 Mph

On my last 3 swings I got 95 three times so I took one more swing and hit 100mph, just to make sure it was not locked up.
I’m very much focusing on my form now on the normal swings, so I’m really impressed to see the higher speeds on the last sets.

Great results lefty. As one of the really slow lefty's in this testing group, I hope to be your stratosphere of SS shortly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Important change: I noticed as I was entering the data for this week's protocols that the initial driver swing speed I reported was the AVERAGE of the first 5 swings (96 mph), yet everything else is reported as max, so the Google sheet and my signature have been updated to reflect MAX of those first 5 swings (102 mph).

Week 4 is done. I find myself getting a little frustrated with the lack of change in much of anything over the last couple weeks (and my driver speeds declined somewhat this week). I know this is not unexpected but there are times the sound of the club or stick ripping through air tells me to expect a good number, then I look at the radar and see the same damn number, over and over. Here is a chart to illustrate my point....

image.png.cb4e0c93ec750e806d433fe7efa98a6c.png

I've pretty much been stuck at 120 with the green stick since the 3rd session.

I'm going to keep plugging away and trust the process.

As far as on the course, I've already documented that I am hitting things to the high end of my Arccos smart distance consistently and I think I mostly have a handle on the number of high flares to the right I was hitting, but I am inconsistent enough that it may change from week-to-week (or hole-to-hole).

To be continued....

• Like 9

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

@SuperSpeed Golf I know I’m not one of the official testers, but I’m wrapping up week 2 of the 2nd protocol and I have a bit of soreness in my right wrist. On some swings I feel a dull pressure in thumb side of my wrist. R.I.C.E. helps, but any thoughts on what might be causing that?

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

On 6/5/2020 at 6:15 AM, jlukes said:

Massive congrats for the new arrival dude 😍

• Like 2

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

12 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Important change: I noticed as I was entering the data for this week's protocols that the initial driver swing speed I reported was the AVERAGE of the first 5 swings (96 mph), yet everything else is reported as max, so the Google sheet and my signature have been updated to reflect MAX of those first 5 swings (102 mph).

Week 4 is done. I find myself getting a little frustrated with the lack of change in much of anything over the last couple weeks (and my driver speeds declined somewhat this week). I know this is not unexpected but there are times the sound of the club or stick ripping through air tells me to expect a good number, then I look at the radar and see the same damn number, over and over. Here is a chart to illustrate my point....

As far as on the course, I've already documented that I am hitting things to the high end of my Arccos smart distance consistently and I think I mostly have a handle on the number of high flares to the right I was hitting, but I am inconsistent enough that it may change from week-to-week (or hole-to-hole).

To be continued....

That graph really does look like a plateau 😲. i'm sure that a big jump is coming real soon for you.

• Like 1

Would love to hear more about what my fellow testers are seeing on the course. 

• Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
To be continued....
O you're in a good spot there. You will see a jump soon. I have found doing this off and on over the past 2+ years that a lot of my right handed jumps come after I see a slight increase in the left handed swings.

• Like 2

[mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] I know I’m not one of the official testers, but I’m wrapping up week 2 of the 2nd protocol and I have a bit of soreness in my right wrist. On some swings I feel a dull pressure in thumb side of my wrist. R.I.C.E. helps, but any thoughts on what might be causing that?

First off one thing I have always seen suggested is to take a little time off when you start getting pains. Wrist injuries are some of the most common in golf so it could be a multitude of things. I will say thumb side wrist is a very fragile area so I would 100% be careful.

• Like 3
On 6/4/2020 at 1:56 PM, jlukes said:

Yup! Boy #2! 

And appreciate the feedback, Shanks. I know it's easy to focus on the positive of items one is reviewing, but I want to make it tangible to everyone. People should know the good, the bad and the ugly and be able to translate my experience into their own life. 

The speed is real, but so are the side effects. Being able to work through everything is part of the program. What good is 10 more yards of it means 3 or 4 more lost balls per round. 

@jlukes often we can help trouble shoot this with those using SuperSpeed. As mentioned before this is the most common in the first level. If possible could you email us a mid iron and a driver video from down the line and face on? As well as include info on what you see normally versus now ball striking wise? Info@superspeedgolf.com

thanks! 

• Like 2
On 6/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, Jbmullin said:

I changed up my schedule to wed/fri/Sunday just due to work and other commitments. I usually golf Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.

Anyway start of week 4 for me tonight in the slow swing bracket. (Also a lefty)
Top speed of the night came on the 3rd stage of swings with the yellow or super lite shaft , after the step swings. Topped out at 96mph, considering I am/was in the 80-85mph range I am happy to see the 10 mph gain.

I am surprised by some of the numbers i am seeing and not sure how to interpret it, Blue or medium weight is my heaviest stick and I was 89/89 so same top speed from left side as right side. Had the exact same results on the step swings with the medium shaft.

I am actually not seeing a lot of variation on the step swings from either side using any of the sticks, the super lite one had the biggest difference 94mph-89mph.

I feel like I am seeing some benefits from this system already, I played last night and hit 3 out of 9 drives over 235 , with my longest of the season in there at 253, hit a bit of a draw (not intentional) and it just went. Hit one 3w last night 231 yards on a par 5 putting me a short chip in and a birdie putt.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@Jbmullin great to hear! For most people the step change drill should produce a higher speed than regular standing swings. A few things to check.

1. make sure you are timing the step where the lead leg is moving before you reach the top of your backswing

2. really stomp the ground with the lead foot. Make a sound when it lands.

13 hours ago, zrumble said:

@SuperSpeed Golf I know I’m not one of the official testers, but I’m wrapping up week 2 of the 2nd protocol and I have a bit of soreness in my right wrist. On some swings I feel a dull pressure in thumb side of my wrist. R.I.C.E. helps, but any thoughts on what might be causing that?

@zrumble do you notice it on more on dominant versus non dominant swings? 
you don’t have to use your normal grip during the speed training. Can try interlock overlap or ten finger. Whichever feels best.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tchat07 said:

First off one thing I have always seen suggested is to take a little time off when you start getting pains. Wrist injuries are some of the most common in golf so it could be a multitude of things. I will say thumb side wrist is a very fragile area so I would 100% be careful.

Completely agree! I just wanted to ask to see if there is a flaw or technique issue that commonly leads to this pain when trying to go fast. 

40 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@zrumble do you notice it on more on dominant versus non dominant swings? 
you don’t have to use your normal grip during the speed training. Can try interlock overlap or ten finger. Whichever feels best.

I only notice it on dominant swings (I’m right handed), and typically use overlap with a glove only on my left hand. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Would love to hear more about what my fellow testers are seeing on the course. 

I personally haven’t had the chance to hit a ball or play since March 10th... who knows.

WITB: