Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

16 hours ago, revkev said:

Moving on - shot 37 today on a tough course. Had a career drive despite 5 inches of rain this week.

I’m posting that her as an encouragement for those struggling with their swings as they work through the process.

It will come and go a few times but you will find better ball strike to be a delightful side effect of your training,

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nice man, I've found too that my iron striking has really improved since I started with the training.  Good to see you're having he same improvements I've seen in my training!

• Like 4

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 4-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Just got back into these a 2 weeks ago when I got the SC200+ (review soon) and it's surprising how much gains you can see quickly. I got the green up to 136(barefoot) yesterday and the first session Max with green was 129. I need to get on the range this week and see what I can swing green, driver, and driver with ball before and after the protocol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Arccos (first year lets see how it goes)
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

The speed dips due to having a newborn at home are real 😂😂

BTW, congrats on the new baby;  hope everyone is doing well. 

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Finished my final week 2 session tonight. Spent most of the day doing manual labor outside in the Texas heat and couldn’t get the training in until evening.

A question I have for my fellow testers and @SuperSpeed : I’m noticing that my normal swings are faster than my step change swings.

Does this mean that my kinematic sequence is already really good? I can’t imagine why my step change wouldn’t be faster.

• Like 8

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Finished my final week 2 session tonight. Spent most of the day doing manual labor outside in the Texas heat and couldn’t get the training in until evening.

A question I have for my fellow testers and @SuperSpeed : I’m noticing that my normal swings are faster than my step change swings.

Does this mean that my kinematic sequence is already really good? I can’t imagine why my step change wouldn’t be faster.

SuperSpeed answered this same question for me back in box 603, last page. They were pretty convinced that the issue was my steps change sequencing. I can’t speak to you but general I figure when something is off it’s because I’m doing something wrong so I suspect they’re right.

In your case though it could’ve guarding against reinjury, too.

• Like 5

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

9 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

My normal swings were faster initially, but my step change swings have caught up also my non-dominant swings. Not sure what that means - but the non-dominant swings are still quite awkward. 

Also wrapping up week 5, my numbers are a bit lower than previous weeks. Still a major improvement over week 1, my speed gains from week 1 are a 15% increase and my wife's are 14%.  Looking forward to week 6 and what the numbers will bring. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14RC4dYeFJYGrDQF8Y9VSTI3-8RH8xk70P5sj-vC65t8/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, jtpeele said:

What’s the fastest swing you guys have recorded or seen yet?

I have hit 138mph with the green stick (normal stance dominant side).

From the Google sheet, looks like several have hit 131 with the green multiple times as well.

• Like 5

WITB:

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

I’ve had the issue too at times. It’s mostly likely just a timing thing. Without actually seeing your swing I’d guess you’re stepping too soon. Think baseball swing. Plus looks like you already have plenty of speed so I’m sure you’ll be just fine!

• Like 2

In case anyone was curious, here is mine number from doing the training on my own started in March and took a week off in between the two protocols. But as you see this stuff works! The driver swings were only recorded with hitting a ball. On dry swing after the protocol I’ve hit 120! But I’ve gone from 95-98 with ball to 107!! Looking to get up to 110 for my baseline. Thanks @SuperSpeed

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.d867764fc96cf496518980a09d36d380.JPG

• Like 7

Level 1 Week 2 review video is now live on my YouTube channel!

• Like 7

WITB:

Welcome back!
I had a very good fast workout after church today 117 regular and step change blue, 109 red, 109, 109, 107 dry driver at the end - while I have gotten a few swings faster than that it’s easily the most consistent three swings and one of the 109’s was my normal driver swing as fast as I could.

• Like 6

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

8 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I have hit 138mph with the green stick (normal stance dominant side).

From the Google sheet, looks like several have hit 131 with the green multiple times as well.

I did the workout once with MALyons31 and got 141 with the green stick.  Just interested in how most of you guys were coming along?! Marks distances on all of his clubs has increased like crazy! Seems like a legit workout! 

• Like 8

Tell your grandkids about this shot! 

Had my 3rd session today

Lesson for the day:

- make sure I have a good night sleep before, and waking up early so not to rush to the range

- Must do the Dynamic warm up completely first to avoid injury. Managed to tweaked my left side of my neck

- Stick with carpet range for me.  I find that I seem to shift a lot on the soft wet ground (heavy rain during the weekend) and may have contributed to tweaking my neck from balancing and lack of grip 

So, with the sore neck, the swing speed pretty much decreased across the board.  On the positive, the pre session Max SS seem to have improved a little

now to take some tablets and ice my neck. 😞 

• Like 5

Driver Ping G410 9* - Tour Stiff shaft
Fairway PING G400 SFT 3 Wood
Hybrids TM M4 3 Hybrid TM M2 4 Hybrid
Irons Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-GW Recoil 95 F3 set to 1.5 flat
Wedges  RTX 56* 10  Callaway MD5 60* 10
Putter Evnroll ER-5 32.5"

Superspeed Training Progress 102mph baseline

What’s the fastest swing you guys have recorded or seen yet?

I hit 106 mph on my last set of swings with the yellow stick after doing the stomp swings

• Like 6

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

123 with the green and 118 with the blue is my tops but I’m also closing in on the age of a famous Beatles song a I’d love to hug 125 by then. :)

• Like 6

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

• STUDque unpinned this topic