GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Very disappointing finish to the Level 1 protocols. I regressed badly today - one of my final driver swings was as bad as my Max from the very beginning. My swing did not feel good today and I found myself getting frustrated, which I assume increased tension, making it a bad session. Oh well, it happens, I suppose.
As [mention=61361]Apolloshowl[/mention] mentioned, if mind and body aren't right, it seems to have an adverse effect.
Currently working on a Level 1 review that will get posted early next week.

If it’s any consolation, I have only been at my pre-test max the entire protocol. I had one miraculous swing of 130mph with driver, but other than that, 120mph has been it (I hit 124mph in my pre-test).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Very disappointing finish to the Level 1 protocols. I regressed badly today - one of my final driver swings was as bad as my Max from the very beginning. My swing did not feel good today and I found myself getting frustrated, which I assume increased tension, making it a bad session. Oh well, it happens, I suppose.
As [mention=61361]Apolloshowl[/mention] mentioned, if mind and body aren't right, it seems to have an adverse effect.
In my experience with it the after max swing doesnt really makes jumping increases until "the jump". Its about the before catching up with the after and then the next jump happens, give or take a few sessions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Finished my level 1 protocol today. I posted on the shared google doc - but basically finished at 90/89/83 in very hot and humid weather. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14RC4dYeFJYGrDQF8Y9VSTI3-8RH8xk70P5sj-vC65t8/edit?ts=5eb6b0a8#gid=0

While the numbers don't seem great, I'm still very pleased with the progress, after all, the Yellow is at 90 vs. 83 for best number week 1. That's an 11% increase. 100 can't be that far away.

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Want to apologise for being a little late with the update.
We just finished doing a little drive hehe
Screenshot_20200617_121001.jpg.e61161747e834b9aec29e8ff3a57f7fb.jpgI'll have a full recap up tomorrow of the week. A down week to say the least, had a ton going on and well very little sleep along with many other things, however I got all the protocols completed and we are onto week #3 with some high expectations.
IMG_20200611_155812.jpg.18c41d8f97164abd7ffe13b0ac68a4db.jpg A little golf in there too which was fun and although the speeds weren't quite as quick I have noticed more balanced and feel more stable.
IMG_20200611_164638.jpg.3b417ad5cbc5d2127b6287f748ec17a2.jpgEspecially with off handed swings, so take the good with the great and still seeing overall progress so really am happy overall. 

You were about 4.5 hours away from where I live when you went through Edmonton. I’m in Grande Prairie.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

As @Apolloshowl mentioned, if mind and body aren't right, it seems to have an adverse effect.

As well as on  my game!

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

As @Apolloshowl mentioned, if mind and body aren't right, it seems to have an adverse effect.

@MaxEntropy this is a great post as this is not uncommon to have happen. Hopefully throughout the process everyone is learning how other factors affect performance. Sleep, hydration, food, weather etc can do a lot to upgrade or downgrade a round or a SuperSpeed session. We are seeing more professional players now wearing the Whoop or Oura ring devices that give a lot of data as to their recovery. 
This process is all about discovery learning including what swing keys help to increase speed versus not. As @revkev said before sometimes what you thought be a fast swing read slower than a swing that didn’t feel good. The more you do this the more those keys stick with you on the course. 

Remember, think faster not harder. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

For the testers that were able to stay on schedule Level 2 is now coming up. 
Here is the video for reference. https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocol-level-2

We are now adding a kneeling swing position. 
The two main tips here are to make sure to keep the knees directly under the hips not wider. If they get wider it restricts the movement of the pelvis. We want the pelvis to rotate as it would in a full standing swing. 
Also, make sure to put something soft under the knees such as a yoga mat or rolled up towel.

If anyone feels discomfort let us know and we can troubleshoot. At the bottom of the protocol page there is a alternative version that is standing with a narrow stance. 

These swings will be much more rounded in the swing plane compared to a standing swing. 

Look forward to getting started!

Looking forward to getting this started after I wrap up Level 1 tomorrow! 

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

For the testers that were able to stay on schedule Level 2 is now coming up. 
Here is the video for reference. https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocol-level-2

We are now adding a kneeling swing position. 
The two main tips here are to make sure to keep the knees directly under the hips not wider. If they get wider it restricts the movement of the pelvis. We want the pelvis to rotate as it would in a full standing swing. 
Also, make sure to put something soft under the knees such as a yoga mat or rolled up towel.
If anyone feels discomfort let us know and we can troubleshoot. At the bottom of the protocol page there is a alternative version that is standing with a narrow stance. 

These swings will be much more rounded in the swing plane compared to a standing swing. 

Look forward to getting started!

The dreaded kneeling swings haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

The dreaded kneeling swings haha.

I saw the video - Oh My! 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

On 6/18/2020 at 5:02 AM, cnosil said:

It is probably based on a persons coordination and ability. I am a few weeks into level 3 and I am now seeing leftY swings with all clubs Being basically equal to dominant handed.

Yes. In fact, in some cases because I have no expectation, I can outdo myself on my weak side. It really helps bring the frustrations you feel on the course  to your home practice sessions. 

• Like 2

Bummer... hurt my back middle of last week (not golf related) so will need to take a break from golf for a week or so... 

tried to play during the weekend, and I could not even hit my PW properly; but managed to squeezed out a 240m (265yard) drive which I was pretty happy with (might have run a little further if it didnt land in the soft rough by the side)

342637809_Screenshot_20200622-115704_GarminGolf.jpg.1b92afaf51bfa068ef50206ce579919d.jpg

• Like 7

Driver Ping G410 9* - Tour Stiff shaft
Fairway PING G400 SFT 3 Wood
Hybrids TM M4 3 Hybrid TM M2 4 Hybrid
Irons Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-GW Recoil 95 F3 set to 1.5 flat
Wedges  RTX 56* 10  Callaway MD5 60* 10
Putter Evnroll ER-5 32.5"

Superspeed Training Progress 102mph baseline

26 minutes ago, okitoki said:

Bummer... hurt my back middle of last week (not golf related) so will need to take a break from golf for a week or so... 

tried to play during the weekend, and I could not even hit my PW properly; but managed to squeezed out a 240m (265yard) drive which I was pretty happy with (might have run a little further if it didnt land in the soft rough by the side)

342637809_Screenshot_20200622-115704_GarminGolf.jpg.1b92afaf51bfa068ef50206ce579919d.jpg

Nice drive mate, rest up and get that back sorted 😁😎

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Finished Protocol 1 Week 1 Friday with a high of 107 on a green stick (all time high last December was 119, based on my previous 2 experience, thinking another couple of weeks should get me back in that neighborhood).  

Aside from my putting, I played probably my best round in my short "career" Saturday.  3 drives in the 200 - 210 range - 2 years ago I would normally hit my best drives 170 - 175, so very happy.  Ironically, I haven't practiced with my driver at all yet this year, been concentrating on my wedges which need even more help that my speed 😉 .  My mis-hits with the driver were mainly too low on the face resulting in short but pretty straight drives - the main thing is I'm feeling more comfortable "taking off the governor" a bit as came up in some comments on Friday.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mike Lambert said:

Aside from my putting, I played probably my best round in my short "career" Saturday.  3 drives in the 200 - 210 range - 2 years ago I would normally hit my best drives 170 - 175, so very happy.  Ironically, I haven't practiced with my driver at all yet this year, been concentrating on my wedges which need even more help that my speed 😉 .  My mis-hits with the driver were mainly too low on the face resulting in short but pretty straight drives - the main thing is I'm feeling more comfortable "taking off the governor" a bit as came up in some comments on Friday.  

That's a great improvement. I seem to be stuck in the 180-190 range, so hoping I can get a Protocol 2 jump shortly. 

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

Well that was weird....

Kneeling swings, that is.

Started Level 2 tonight. I actually kind of like the kneeling swings so far. I can really feel the rotation (or lack thereof), especially on follow-through. I could also feel my elbow flying up at the "top" of my backswing so I was in position for a baseball swing. I wouldn't be surprised if I had the stick pointing nearly straight up too.

I also think I figured out at least part of why Saturday was bad - sweaty gloves and unsure grip. Humidity was bad Saturday morning and 70% when I did it tonight. Things started tanking tonight part way through, so I ran downstairs and grabbed a new glove and the speeds came back up. I feel like I need a pine tar rag. As I said a few weeks ago, apparently I need to get some rain gloves.

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

Well that was weird....

Kneeling swings, that is.

Started Level 2 tonight. I actually kind of like the kneeling swings so far. I can really feel the rotation (or lack thereof), especially on follow-through. I could also feel my elbow flying up at the "top" of my backswing so I was in position for a baseball swing. I wouldn't be surprised if I had the stick pointing nearly straight up too.

I also think I figured out at least part of why Saturday was bad - sweaty gloves and unsure grip. Humidity was bad Saturday morning and 70% when I did it tonight. Things started tanking tonight part way through, so I ran downstairs and grabbed a new glove and the speeds came back up. I feel like I need a pine tar rag. As I said a few weeks ago, apparently I need to get some rain gloves.

I haven’t found the kneeling swings to be too bad.  Of course I’m *only* 32 so that could have something to do with it.  I haven’t needed a pad or anything as the yard has been soft enough.  I actually got a green swing up to 102 today which I think is the fastest I’ve gotten a kneeling swing.  I have to agree it feels a lot like a baseball swing.

I have one week left in Level 2, but I hadn’t done a session in almost 2 weeks and man did I feel slow today.  That was part of why I jumped out on lunch to do it.  I knew I had to get back into it so even though my numbers were down today, I expect to rebound quickly.

• Like 4

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I haven’t found the kneeling swings to be too bad.  Of course I’m *only* 32 so that could have something to do with it.  I haven’t needed a pad or anything as the yard has been soft enough.  I actually got a green swing up to 102 today which I think is the fastest I’ve gotten a kneeling swing.  I have to agree it feels a lot like a baseball swing.

I have one week left in Level 2, but I hadn’t done a session in almost 2 weeks and man did I feel slow today.  That was part of why I jumped out on lunch to do it.  I knew I had to get back into it so even though my numbers were down today, I expect to rebound quickly.

I hit 101 with the green and blue sticks right handed, but left handed was a hot mess.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

I hit 101 with the green and blue sticks right handed, but left handed was a hot mess.

So you weren’t a switch hitter in baseball either huh? Haha. I feel like every time you do a new drill with the off-hand it takes extra time to process the moves and coordination.  But I guess that’s why we swing from the side that we do.

• Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats