GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Today was one of those days I wish I didn't have the radar. Totally demotivating, especially for the amount of sweat I produced. There was just no speed today. Almost everything was down a few mph. Tempo, timing, mechanics, a little bit of all of them? Who knows, but we'll see what Saturday brings.

• Like 6

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

4 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Today was one of those days I wish I didn't have the radar. Totally demotivating, especially for the amount of sweat I produced. There was just no speed today. Almost everything was down a few mph. Tempo, timing, mechanics, a little bit of all of them? Who knows, but we'll see what Saturday brings.

I know you're not asking for a motivational speech, I'd likely have the same reaction, but there's a reason the progress and speed charts aren't linear...don't beat yourself up over it.  Outside temperature, your blood sugar and your diet, other physical activity, how much sleep you got...tons of contributing factors.  The important part is long-term progress.  Just come back more motivated for the next workout!

• Like 5

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I know you're not asking for a motivational speech, I'd likely have the same reaction, but there's a reason the progress and speed charts aren't linear...don't beat yourself up over it.  Outside temperature, your blood sugar and your diet, other physical activity, how much sleep you got...tons of contributing factors.  The important part is long-term progress.  Just come back more motivated for the next workout!

I know it's part of the deal, and I'm OK with it. I try to remind myself that this is like any other workout I might do - there are days it's just not there, but I need to soldier through and do it anyway to see the long-term benefit.

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I know it's part of the deal, and I'm OK with it. I try to remind myself that this is like any other workout I might do - there are days it's just not there, but I need to soldier through and do it anyway to see the long-term benefit.

GIF saturday night live chris farley snl - animated GIF on GIFER ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Level 1 Week 4 Review video is live:

• Like 8

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

New personal best tonight. Post-workout second driver swing was 119. By my standards that is SMOKED. Breaking through that second plateau. 

• Like 9

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

9 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Slow swing speed 80ish mph, yellow/green/blue sticks , also a lefty.
One of my best sessions tonight, back outside after 3 days of rain. Was able to get more out of the knee swings.
Finished my session hitting 102mph 3 swings in a row. Hit 100 mph on the stomp swing 2 times and hit over 90mph with the “heavy” blue stick today

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's awesome! I hope I'm right behind you with those numbers.. 

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Testers, hypothetically, how well do you think you could hit a ball with your off hand swing? You've had a few weeks now to speed up and make it feel a little more "normal".

Feel free to take this out of the hypothetical, hit some and film them for posterity 😁😎 

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

4 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Testers, hypothetically, how well do you think you could hit a ball with your off hand swing? You've had a few weeks now to speed up and make it feel a little more "normal".

Feel free to take this out of the hypothetical, hit some and film them for posterity 😁😎 

I'll get a video or two and post it later today! I may have mentioned it before, but I can swing fast just not sure about contact with the ball. Been too scared to try yet. That being said I would also like to change my grip off hand before. I found my hands getting sore normal grip so I went to 10 finger grip. 

At some point I'll do a little 9 right handed... Hopefully alone and with very very wide fairways. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

July 1st Week 4 Protocol 1 Update: Jamie Danbrook

Another week down and some gains and some slower days. The overall feeling for me is that I am gaining on my base, but I can only reach my peaks on certain days. The floor is being raised and the ceiling is about the same as it has been. That being said my off hand swings continue to improve and feel more strong. This week of course there was focus on being as fast as I can be, but there was also focus on technique and making sure I am staying relatively in position. I found with some swings my back swing was getting abnormally long which then through some timing off when I did go to the range and hit some golf balls. So there has been a bit of a balance there to ensure that the game won't go completely out the window. 

However we need to see some numbers! Don't forget to check out the link at the top of the thread to see everyones fastest week by week numbers!

Start   End   Light ND Light D  Med ND  Med D  Heavy ND  Heavy D    MAX

107     119        111       131        109        123          104             117         130   
104     111        101       121        100        111           97              103         118   
105     110        108       119        101        116           99              111         128   

Step Change

131/114    123/110    114/103

114/101    109/101    104/96

125/108    116/102    110/101

All in all what I would classify as a good week. I do realize that I had a bit of a down period the last two sessions, however the feeling is definitely there and I am very confident the program is working well for me and that I am gaining speed. I feel faster and stronger and even more coordinated. Off hand swings as mentioned are gaining in speed and for me I feel that is a sign that the overall speed is without question! 

I don't have too much else to update on that I can think of right now, however if anyone has any questions please let me know and I would be more then happy to answer!

• Like 6

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Feel free to take this out of the hypothetical, hit some and film them for posterity  

With a lefty driver..... that would be interesting. I know I can generate speed, but accuracy... yeah.... I’m not sure on that.

• Like 3

WITB:

Ok I've been on hold for hours trying to get some flight stuff sorted out and figured I'd do up a quick graph for everyone. To show the numbers from Dominant only swings so far.

White - first driver swing before protocol

Orange - driver swing after protocol

Green/blue/red dominant handed swings

Non Dom may come depending on how much further I'll be on hold!

IMG_20200703_133720.jpg

• Like 6

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Soooo who thinks I can actually get the shaft to touch my shoulder on the downswing transition?  I never realized how close it is before looking at these videos! LOL

It is not intentional in the slightest, just a by-product of my flatter swing and transition I think.

550370976_shaftonshoulder.png.29a20198c14cfbf98939be835f672e01.png

• Like 6

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Soooo who thinks I can actually get the shaft to touch my shoulder on the downswing transition?  I never realized how close it is before looking at these videos! LOL

It is not intentional in the slightest, just a by-product of my flatter swing and transition I think.

550370976_shaftonshoulder.png.29a20198c14cfbf98939be835f672e01.png

What does it look like from DTL?  it may actually be a bit behind your shoulder. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Definitely need a new driver shaft. My PWR65 Stiff felt like a limp noodle today on my hard swings, and I had some bad hooks. Not quite ducks, but they were turning hard. 

Sidenote: I flipped a 4 iron upside down and hit it lefty out of a bush from 80 yards and put it on the front fringe today. Guess those lefty swings are paying off. 

• Like 5

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

What does it look like from DTL?  it may actually be a bit behind your shoulder. 

Good call. It is definitely behind me (I get the hands pretty deep). It is still pretty close to shoulder level when I transition.

IMG_6694.PNG

• Like 4

WITB:

On 7/1/2020 at 8:19 AM, RollingGreens said:

Interesting reports of improvement. Unless the suspected areas of limitation have improved mobility vs causing the other regions that typically compensate to become overworked/stressed. I think it would be something that would be interesting to pay attention to over the long term. Large example I would be thinking of is Tiger Woods after his low back fusion and the continued stress with his high swing speeds

@RollingGreens one thing to keep in mind that we continually stress is that these are dry swings only meaning no impact forces from the turf or ball contact. Impact forces never seem to be talked about when speaking of golf injuries. However, swing speed is the number #1 thing that gets all the blame. A proper golf fitness program can only assist. It’s been helpful for golfers to hear Tiger actually admit recently how his poor training program caused injury. He was the face of golf fitness until it was revealed how poorly he trained during different stretches of his career. 

We have seen good success with using SuperSpeed helping to return to golf after an injury. Especially those such as lumbar spine and shoulder/wrist. With no contact in the turf, it can help to begin slowly building back speed with less risk. These wouldn’t include full out swings to begin but ramping up as the body allows. We actually built a SuperSpeed program for Tiger with his trainer just for this type of case. 

• Like 8

On 7/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, edingc said:

I don't think this has been answered yet, so a question for @SuperSpeed Golf regarding the counterweighted club: How does the counterweighted club speeds relate to the speeds with the original sticks?

I hit a personal best with the C-club after my round this morning. 

IMG_03072020_094649_(800_x_1067_pixel).jpg.87fe58ddf01a6bdc855703d925fa0706.jpg

I actually did a slightly abbreviated SuperSpeed routine yesterday for warmup before my round and I really enjoyed how loose my swing felt after that. I might have to start doing that more often!

@edingc the C club will be faster than the lightest club but we don’t have enough data yet to give a percentage in relation to the other SuperSpeed clubs. 

Good to hear on the warmup! That can be very individual based on how you know what your body feels like after. Those that tend to do well with a SuperSpeed session before playing have been performing the training for quite some time already. 

• Like 4