GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

For club fitting purposes the best time would be when entering a plateau phase. This is often about 8 weeks in but varies per player. Then sometime after level 2 into Level 3.

Keep in mind that a ball fitting can help too although this is rarely done. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

For club fitting purposes the best time would be when entering a plateau phase. This is often about 8 weeks in but varies per player. Then sometime after level 2 into Level 3.

Keep in mind that a ball fitting can help too although this is rarely done. 

Great timing on this message. I had already scheduled a fitting for July 15th - without thinking of what would be the best time re: SuperSpeed. Turns out I'll be wrapping up week 8 simultaneously with the fitting. and have also plateaued. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

@SuperSpeed Golf are you able to go over some of the differences between the Superspeed sticks we are using and the SuperSpeed C that I've noticed go up on your youtube channel? I know its counter balanced, but who would you recommend that for vs the ones we are using? Or is it simply another option you are offering? Thanks!

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

4 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@edingc the C club will be faster than the lightest club but we don’t have enough data yet to give a percentage in relation to the other SuperSpeed clubs. 

Good to hear on the warmup! That can be very individual based on how you know what your body feels like after. Those that tend to do well with a SuperSpeed session before playing have been performing the training for quite some time already. 

Thanks for answering my question! I've seen some good progress since adding the C club this winter.

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

@SuperSpeed Golf are you able to go over some of the differences between the Superspeed sticks we are using and the SuperSpeed C that I've noticed go up on your youtube channel? I know its counter balanced, but who would you recommend that for vs the ones we are using? Or is it simply another option you are offering? Thanks!

@Apolloshowl it is just another offering and our first new release since the original set in 2014. It tends to work best for those that have been training for sometime to break through a plateau. It can also be used on its own. 

Counterweight training and Overspeed training are different in a few ways. Overspeed training increases the neuromuscular reaction speed of the body to a known motor program. This training uses lightweight clubs first to create a faster reaction in the muscles of the body to the signal sent by the brain. After only a few repetitions, the brain remembers and begins to expect this faster reaction speed. We then challenge the system with the middle and heavy weight clubs to increase the player’s swing speed.

Counterweight training, in contrast, only uses one club which is significantly counterweighted compared to a normal driver. The player grips the club below the counterweighted portion of the grip. This changes the physics of the club, altering the MOI and the potential release velocity and acceleration. We see a significant increase in velocity of the hands and arms in the golf swing around the area of impact. We also see an increase in release speed. These increases allow players who have both been working with overspeed training for some time and those who have never worked with overspeed training to see significant swing speed gains from the hand and arm segments of the swing.

• Like 7

On 7/4/2020 at 6:56 PM, cnosil said:

Had a good day with the sticks today;  I  have now crossed 120mph with the green, blue, and red on both right and left side.   This weeks speeds were:

Green: 132/127

Blue: 120/125

Red: 124/123

It was interesting that some of those speeds really didn't feel like that fast of a swing until I looked at the number.   They weren't 1 offs since other numbers were in the same ball park.  

Need to figure out what I was doing today so I can continue with these speeds.  

That's great!

I don't recall seeing it - what was your starting driver swing speed and what is typical now?

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Knocked out my first Level 2 workout this morning. The kneeling swings...so that;s some work.  Did anyone else feel overall clumsy doing those the first time out?  I kept getting the feeling like I was coming out of it, like I wasn't maintaining my spine angle at all. I'll go back and watch the protocol video on the SuperSpeed website, but overall I just felt very uncoordinated doing them.

• Like 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Knocked out my first Level 2 workout this morning. The kneeling swings...so that;s some work.  Did anyone else feel overall clumsy doing those the first time out?  I kept getting the feeling like I was coming out of it, like I wasn't maintaining my spine angle at all. I'll go back and watch the protocol video on the SuperSpeed website, but overall I just felt very uncoordinated doing them.

Absolutely felt awkward at the start (and still does sometimes 2 weeks into it). The first few swings, I almost fell over. I also caught myself trying to take a mini step with my lead knee on the non-dominant swings.

For me, since I played baseball/softball for so many years, I really want to raise my elbow up during the backswing - all those years of being told to keep my elbow up have apparently stuck. When I do that, it seems to hinder my rotation, but it feels more natural to me.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Had a good session today. Hit 137mph with the green stick on a normal swing. That is 1mph shy of my fastest from level 1 (which happened on week 1).

I also also had a PR with the red stick (normal swing) of 121mph.

Driver is still stuck at 120mph with no ball. Kyle and I are now looking into possible ankle mobility limitations I may have. The quest continues!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 9

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's great!

I don't recall seeing it - what was your starting driver swing speed and what is typical now?

Last year when I started it was 103.  During most wanted driver testing it was about 108.   I haven't measured my "normal" ball hitting speed by hit 117 as an after training speed about a month ago.  

• Like 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Last year when I started it was 103.  During most wanted driver testing it was about 108.   I haven't measured my "normal" ball hitting speed by hit 117 as an after training speed about a month ago.  

That's great! Since I started around the same, I hope I can get your results.

• Like 4

We’re a lot closer in swing speed than I thought.

As if I needed another reason to follow your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

19 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Now the bad news... I have started to notice I’m hooking my irons and not getting the distance I was after doing some google work it appears that part of that cause could be to light of shaft.. I went to my fitter and it looks like I’ve out grown my project x catalyst 55 light flex irons and once he put me in a 65 reg flex catalyst .. I gain distance , accuracy and just a total different feel. Looking like my 3 month old irons will be going in for some cosmetic surgery..

Started tinkering with the driver as well and demoed a stiff shaft and I’ll be damned if I did not gain 7 yards off the tee in the sim max 9 degree.. including 3 drives over 245 on the launch monitor. Borrowed the shaft and put it in my sim driver and adjusted to 9.75 and vs the reg at 10.5 I was 6 yards longer on average. Going to revisit my whole bag now this coming weekend.

Anyway, please feel free to ask me anything about the testing and I’ll be happy to try and provide the answer.

So you’ve graduated shaft flexes, can justify new sticks or at least new shafts, and have picked up distance and accuracy...where is the bad news?  (I get it, costs money, just saying...)

• Like 5

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

So you’ve graduated shaft flexes, can justify new sticks or at least new shafts, and have picked up distance and accuracy...where is the bad news?  (I get it, costs money, just saying...)

Sorry, was trying to be funny .. guess it did work. It’s really not bad news I’m f’ing stoked to see the improvement.

The potential extra cost is one thing, but the big thing for me is to find something in a shaft that I’m going to be happy with, and do I stay in graphite or steel. If I’m going to invest in my set I want to be sure I’m getting something I can grow with. Time to research..

• Like 8

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

6 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Sorry, was trying to be funny .. guess it did work. It’s really not bad news I’m f’ing stoked to see the improvement.

The potential extra cost is one thing, but the big thing for me is to find something in a shaft that I’m going to be happy with, and do I stay in graphite or steel. If I’m going to invest in my set I want to be sure I’m getting something I can grow with. Time to research..

Don't worry your humor hit the mark 😁

It's a ringing endorsement for @SuperSpeed Golf that you have to have heavier and stiffer shafts. Congrats on the big improvements so far!!

• Like 6

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3