2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I don't recall exactly when the second jump occurs - I believe some time late in the 2nd level (which is rapidly approaching)? What confuses me is that the green and red sticks have been mostly stagnant since the very first session. There have been a couple spikes, but after so many swings now, I believe they were bad measurements on the radar as I've never seen them again. There has been some consistent progress with the blue stick, though. While these things confuse me, all that really matters, I suppose, is progress with the driver on the golf course. I saw the first jump pretty early and my "before" swings are essentially the same as after now and on the course has worked out really well. My concern with the lack of progress with the sticks is whether I am delaying the second jump or if I'm totally stuck. I don't really know. That's why I'm going to reach out to Kyle at SuperSpeed.

Arccos driver stats filtered to before SuperSpeed:

image.png

Same stats filtered to after starting SuperSpeed:

image.png

@MaxEntropy thanks for sharing this with everyone. Just responded to the email which was very helpful. The videos especially gave us some troubleshooting ideas right away. Blake has done an awesome job here and wanted to circle back on that discussion on the speed of the backswing. Feel free to post a video Blake if you’d like but in short Blake was one of those that a faster backswing would really help. Remember it’s not for everyone as it can mess with timing but in this case we highly recommended to give it a go. 
Here is a video explaining it further. For those already seeing good gains with the protocols no need to add this but it could be helpful for some.

• Like 6
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

From the time I was fit into my Mavrik irons in March to now I’m seeing at least a 6-8mph difference. I was barely touching 70 mph and the majority of my fitting shots were around 68/69 mph. A couple days ago when I went in I was consistently hitting 76/78 mph on my 7 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Very nice improvement

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

was not able to make it to the fitter as I said yesterday, I intend on going today and will get the list of what I tried. 

I messaged my fitter/coach and got the list of what we tried. 

I was in a Project X catalyst 55 lite flex 

Project X Catalyst 65 and 75 reg flex -  dispersion and feel of the 55 was why I came back for the fitting and did not get what I was looking for from these two.

Aerotech FC 80-  really liked the feel of this shaft and was in the running, but when I was working through eliminating shafts , I could not find anything that compared to the KBS 80 r steel I settled on. this was close. Pretty significant price tag difference as well. 

Tensei 60 -  hated the feel and dispersion , not able to say anything good about it, just did not work for me. 

UST Recoil ESX 460 -  another close contender-  went into the fitting wanting to go to this shaft based on some reading and research I had done prior to going to the fitting and it did not disappoint. really good option. 

6 different graphite  shafts including the one I use now,  spent a good hour going back and forth 5 shots at a time between these shafts and the couple steel ones and time after time the KBS 80 just won. I actually went in close minded wanting to stay in graphite and I wanted to the UST , but results and data changed my mind. hard to argue with what the GC was saying. 

• Like 5

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

1 minute ago, Jbmullin said:

I messaged my fitter/coach and got the list of what we tried. 

I was in a Project X catalyst 55 lite flex 

Project X Catalyst 65 and 75 reg flex -  dispersion and feel of the 55 was why I came back for the fitting and did not get what I was looking for from these two.

Aerotech FC 80-  really liked the feel of this shaft and was in the running, but when I was working through eliminating shafts , I could not find anything that compared to the KBS 80 r steel I settled on. this was close. Pretty significant price tag difference as well. 

Tensei 60 -  hated the feel and dispersion , not able to say anything good about it, just did not work for me. 

UST Recoil ESX 460 -  another close contender-  went into the fitting wanting to go to this shaft based on some reading and research I had done prior to going to the fitting and it did not disappoint. really good option. 

6 different graphite  shafts including the one I use now,  spent a good hour going back and forth 5 shots at a time between these shafts and the couple steel ones and time after time the KBS 80 just won. I actually went in close minded wanting to stay in graphite and I wanted to the UST , but results and data changed my mind. hard to argue with what the GC was saying. 

Really nice, I am glad you were able to get the best shaft for your swing, despite wanting something different.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

19 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy thanks for sharing this with everyone. Just responded to the email which was very helpful. The videos especially gave us some troubleshooting ideas right away. Blake has done an awesome job here and wanted to circle back on that discussion on the speed of the backswing. Feel free to post a video Blake if you’d like but in short Blake was one of those that a faster backswing would really help. Remember it’s not for everyone as it can mess with timing but in this case we highly recommended to give it a go. 
Here is a video explaining it further. For those already seeing good gains with the protocols no need to add this but it could be helpful for some.

For reference, here are the swings I sent to SuperSpeed:

Normal swing (120, 121, 120 mph) - 

Step-change (119, 119, 117 mph) - 

In the email, as above, Kyle suggested I aim to double the speed of my backswing so I get more of a "rebound" effect. He also suggested a couple tests to diagnose potential flexibility issues that may be hindering weight transfer and stability.

Stay tuned....

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

I just spent a little bit of time reviewing the data in the spread sheet, over 7 miles per hour faster speeds in average for the first round is absolutely impressive.

I know that are a lot more variants to be considered but by all means those are more yards off the tee.

• Like 5

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

First round with shotscope in the books. Bombs confirmed. 
89BA9FBB-2132-4B06-9D7E-ACC4368B29A3.png.205a3b037ef022fadc81c575ab2bb48a.png

• Like 8

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

26 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Awesome! Was dispersion as expected?

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Haven’t checked in here in a while but I had something happen on the range yesterday that was most certainly a first for me...

Wish I could believe it was true! 🤣

My fastest dry swing with driver has been 117 with most actual hitting swings 108-111 max.  Now, I’m not ruling out the possibility that it was accurate, considering the tee doesn’t move and that’s clearly not ball speed... but I also doubt it.  However, there is now video proof on the internet (so it must be true!).  💪💪💪

Keep swinging fast guys!  I’m enjoying all the updates from the testers and feedback from SuperSpeed on this thread! 

• Like 8

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

WITB:

Just now, ChasingScratch said:

Nice! My PRGR read 165mph driver speed on the first ball I hit on it. I’ll take it. The Incredible Hulk speed is now mine! emoji23.png

It did seem to carry further than the others... but I’m really just happy it was straight! Haha

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

I've got to make this one of my next purchases, too many positive results happening!

• Like 6

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Hey everyone! Just got my sticks today and started on day 1 of the first session. Saw some pretty cool gains right off the jump. 

A question I had...does anyone do their sessions on concrete? I managed to dig up a decent amount of grass by swinging as hard as I was trying to. 

Any other tips if concrete is a bad move?

• Like 6

Here are my top 10 swings from the GC Quad session.  By good, I mean the ones that didn't have 3,500+ rpm of backspin and weren't push-faded 50yds right of target.

I'll be finishing up my Level 1 Week 6 video and making a shortened video of the GC Quad session soon.  I've got to get some range time in to hit the middle of the face more often, otherwise all the speed is pointless.

GC QUAD Good swings.png

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

WITB:

3 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Hey everyone! Just got my sticks today and started on day 1 of the first session. Saw some pretty cool gains right off the jump. 

A question I had...does anyone do their sessions on concrete? I managed to dig up a decent amount of grass by swinging as hard as I was trying to. 

Can always snag a piece of carpet or buy a hitting Mat?

• Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On a few days where the grass was still wet or was snow covered I did the drills on my driveway but swung the club over the grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

#cuetheduckboats

4 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

I'm going to recommend a big fat NO on swinging on concrete.  People have reported hitting the ground on accident and that can really scratch up the speed sticks, not to mention bad vibrations (not good ones like Marky Mark said) up your arms, wrists, and hands. 

• Like 6

WITB:

1 minute ago, ChasingScratch said:

I'm going to recommend a big fat NO on swinging on concrete.  People have reported hitting the ground on accident and that can really scratch up the speed sticks, not to mention bad vibrations (not good ones like Marky Mark said) up your arms, wrists, and hands. 

That was my fear...

We are moving soon to a townhouse with no grass but a pretty large garage. Will probably pick up a strip of turf to put under the club but will stand on the concrete. 

• Like 5