Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Embrace your inner Hulk!

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 2

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, jlukes said:
Just finished my first ever protocol. What type of sorcery is this... 

IMG_20200505_142201-picsay.thumb.jpg.b3496fa0bb6f445a8d5a1e6ba5e87371.jpg
IMG_20200505_161113-picsay.thumb.jpg.7c912f585abc672a0acab6799a82433f.jpg

Unleash the power of Thor’s mighty hammer!!

thor hammer.png

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 4

WITB:

My SuperSpeed package came in today! I’m excited to take this journey and share the results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

WITB:

Just finished my first ever protocol. What type of sorcery is this... 

IMG_20200505_142201-picsay.thumb.jpg.b3496fa0bb6f445a8d5a1e6ba5e87371.jpg
IMG_20200505_161113-picsay.thumb.jpg.7c912f585abc672a0acab6799a82433f.jpg

The boom stick kind.
  • Like 3

[mention]Bucky CC [/mention] any SuperSpeed C updates? I’m thinking about giving it a shot since
I typically feel like my hands and arms are along for the ride in my swing.

[mention]SuperSpeed Golf [/mention] any advice here... I’m almost done with “week 11” workouts and have noticed my max green speeds seem slow compared to my actual driver swings.

If I take a session of dry swings with driver making as good a “real” swing as I can I hit 108-111 with regularity. My top speeds with the green stick tend to be around 120. I feel like I should be swinging the green faster.

Is this within a normal range you guys see?
Is the SuperSpeed C club good to help someone with “dead hands” get a little more action? Or is it more suited to someone who already uses their hands actively?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjustments.jpg
  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Great zoom meeting today with all the testers, what a great kick off to this testing session. Only been a part of one other test session so far but the video session and q&a was awesome. Nice to put faces to names. So excited for mine to show up on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7
  • Love 1

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

[mention]Bucky CC [/mention] any SuperSpeed C updates? I’m thinking about giving it a shot since

[mention]SuperSpeed Golf [/mention] any advice here... I’m almost done with “week 11” workouts and have noticed my max green speeds seem slow compared to my actual driver swings.

If I take a session of dry swings with driver making as good a “real” swing as I can I hit 108-111 with regularity. My top speeds with the green stick tend to be around 120. I feel like I should be swinging the green faster.

Is the SuperSpeed C club good to help someone with “dead hands” get a little more action? Or is it more suited to someone who already uses their hands actively?

Adjustments.jpg

Only have done one day so far, but my Max on the green on the final 3 swings was 128 (followed by max driver speed of 114) 

• Like 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Only have done one day so far, but my Max on the green on the final 3 swings was 128 (followed by max driver speed of 114) 

Back on the old thread or maybe even one of the main site articles there was mention of swinging the driver at 80% of green speed so 114 driver speed could see 140ish on the green stick. I am currently seeing closer to 90%. Not that I’m complaining as the end result in the course is what matters. Just curious if there’s anything else I can do or should try.

(But that’s freaking awesome for a first session man!)

I can already tell this is going to be a good group to follow.

• Like 5

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

Adjustments.jpg.30a086e98042ead91176170f3671dad8.jpg
I saw the green stick go through some serious up and downs when I was heavily in to it over a year ago. For a time I really struggled and was actually swinging the blue faster then the green. Now with this second test group I've tried picking it back up more consistently. Lefty swing is actually faster then is used to be but righty still has some catching up to do(I'm a right handed golfer). Good luck to everyone just starting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3
I saw the green stick go through some serious up and downs when I was heavily in to it over a year ago. For a time I really struggled and was actually swinging the blue faster then the green. Now with this second test group I've tried picking it back up more consistently. Lefty swing is actually faster then is used to be but righty still has some catching up to do(I'm a right handed golfer). Good luck to everyone just starting.

The off hand swings are crazy. I had one session last week where all of my peak lefty swings were faster than my peak righty swings.

I’ve had plenty of ups and downs with the training so far. But my actual driver swings have remained pretty consistent. It’s been said so many times but it really is true..
Some days I’m just slower than others lol

I love those days where you’re getting loose and can tell it’s going to be a fast swing day.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg
  • Like 5

#cuetheduckboats

I'm glad to see you all getting your speed sticks and hearing about you starting out. The Zoom meetings are a great source of information plus, Daisy and Kyle are very helpful if you have any questions or concerns. 

It's crazy, but you'll definitely see days where one set of swings or one club will outperform the others. My fastest swing ever happened with the middle stick and it 3 mph faster than any light stick this go round. There are days that the non dominant swings are faster, I think that might have to do with feeling looser on that side and it's something I've tried to incorporate on the dominant side. 

• Like 7

The off hand swings are crazy. I had one session last week where all of my peak lefty swings were faster than my peak righty swings.

I’ve had plenty of ups and downs with the training so far. But my actual driver swings have remained pretty consistent. It’s been said so many times but it really is true..
Some days I’m just slower than others lol

I love those days where you’re getting loose and can tell it’s going to be a fast swing day.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg.bf3a35f6d82f468655635a87a233076d.jpg
Those days really are the best when you feel that you can really push all your high numbers.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

More of a video documentary of the entire process. Basically a video version of what will be happening in the thread. Some people are more visual and it might be useful to them.

I think it's a great idea. When I was looking at SuperSpeed before starting my routine, one of the first things I looked at was YouTube. There wasn't a lot of quality stuff out there for actual "real world" results. I felt like most videos didn't actually show results, or some started a series and never finished it.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.4 (Last Updated Oct. 22, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / 
srixon.png.43e385967a8ed97dd1678520c0dc8ef3.png Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I think it's a great idea. When I was looking at SuperSpeed before starting my routine, one of the first things I looked at was YouTube. There wasn't a lot of quality stuff out there for actual "real world" results. I felt like most videos didn't actually show results, or some started a series and never finished it.

I am planning on videoing my sessions , or some of them as i start out and progress. I was going to put them up on a YouTube channel and share the link in my reviews if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

12 hours ago, B.Boston said:

For me the C stick was a marginal gain at best.  On the plus side that means the regular SuperSpeed sticks and my fitness program have been working great since I really focused on increasing club head speed these last two years.  On the negative side it means there are no easy gains left.  I think it's time to go into maintenance mode with CHS and look to save strokes elsewhere.

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

For me the C stick was a marginal gain at best.  On the plus side that means the regular SuperSpeed sticks and my fitness program have been working great since I really focused on increasing club head speed these last two years.  On the negative side it means there are no easy gains left.  I think it's time to go into maintenance mode with CHS and look to save strokes elsewhere.

Speed is great, but there is much truth to also obviously working on the rest of the golf skills. While there is a statistically significant positive correlation between swing speed and earnings on the PGA Tour and a statistically significant negative correlation between swing speed and average score(see an analyses I ran below), we have seen golfers of all speeds win multiple at the highest levels.

IMG_6173.PNG
IMG_6174.PNG
IMG_6175.PNG
IMG_6176.PNG

• Like 4

WITB:

15 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Back on the old thread or maybe even one of the main site articles there was mention of swinging the driver at 80% of green speed so 114 driver speed could see 140ish on the green stick. I am currently seeing closer to 90%. Not that I’m complaining as the end result in the course is what matters. Just curious if there’s anything else I can do or should try.

(But that’s freaking awesome for a first session man!)

I can already tell this is going to be a good group to follow.

Yes - the 80 percent is a starting point and where you are at before you do a protocol.  Right at the end of the protocol you will be faster with your own driver than you are normally.  Try it some time.  If you do your dry swings first - without the full dynamic warm up - you'll be at a significant slower speed than you will when you swing driver at the tail end of a protocol.  I've even tried doing a protocol and going out on the course - the speed lasts about 3 holes and I still am swinging faster than normal around 9 but then it's gone. The idea of course is to lock that faster speed in permanently - that's when the jumps occur.

The numbers that you showed would be similar to mine - just a tad faster but percentage wise similar to mine.  Everyone seems all over the place speed wise - I don't know if that's real or the radar doesn't quite pick some swings up right. 

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them