2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

Here is something interesting: if you go to SuperSpeed’s Instagram page, one of their most recent posts is of John Rahm swinging the sticks. Here is how he has the PRGR set up:

IMG_6860.PNG.9e56126f2e9fff6d29364bb34d6da966.PNG

It looks like it’s pointed down at almost 90*. I’m starting level 2 today, so I’m going to play around with that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

So after a week of moving and getting settled in our new place - not to mention excessive temps/humidity, I'm back at it. This mornings session was a bit on the weak side - especially with the dominant hand. Not sure if it's the change-up of doing it early morning vs. previous afternoon sessions. Just for giggles I'm going to redo the protocol 2 this afternoon and see if there's a speed difference. 

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Did my session today in a feels like temp of 105

Should have taken my shirt off before the session because I struggled to get it off afterwards.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I was quite a bit "fresher" today than I was Saturday. Focussing on fast backswing worked well! All 3 of the first set of swings with the green stick were above 120, which is a first for me. Even though it's cooler today, it was still hot and I started losing speed.  Then I realized my rain gloves were nearly soaked with sweat, so I ran and grabbed a normal glove from my basement for the final 5 driver swings: 117, 111, 116, 115, and 111. I've hit 115 before, but but don't thinks I've ever had more than 1 swing above 111 or 112. I took a video of the first swings and will try to do a side-by-side with a swing from last week to see how much faster the backswing is. I'll post it tomorrow.

• Like 8

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

I was able to jump outside between calls and #CCC4 business today to get a training session in after not doing any for probably 3 weeks.  This is the start of my "week 14" so the last week of the second protocol.  I think I may just have broken through the first plateau!
I felt like I was swinging fast and was really going after it on my final swings with the green stick.  I recorded swings of 128, 127, 129, and with just one more than the protocol required... 130! 
I've never been faster than 126 in the prior 13 weeks (really the past year+) so this was very exciting for me.  I've been wanting to break that 130 barrier since basically the first week of training last spring.  I also set a new PB on the blue stick at 122.
I hope this trend continues, but for anyone struggling through the first plateau, keep going! 

I was at the same speed and the point! Through the second protocol I’m around 136-138 with the green stick. The biggest change I’m seeing the the difference from the blue to the green speed in negligible. On the course I’m not swinging all that harder, but my effortless 3/4 speed is now at 105 range and I can hit a baby fade/ straight a lot easier. I’m no Langer fighting the big right miss cause I feel less effort in the swing

• Like 8

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Just finished week 1 (3 days) and was absolutely shocked at the results. Thought I would share. 

A little background. I have been playing for 3 years and am a 16 handicap. I am 26 years old and in fairly good shape. I get regular lessons and have always struggled with driver swing speed. I recently got a fitting and my driver swing speed's average was 91.8. Granted, it was a fitting so I was exhausted, but after seeing the trackman report, my coach suggested I get these and try out the program. Below are my results.. 

Day 1 

- Driver Max (5 swings after warming up) - 98 MPH

- Driver Average - 95.4 MPH

Day 3 - After Super Speed Routine

- Driver Max - 109 (+11 MPH)

- Driver Average - 104.8 (+9.4 MPH) 

I have hit on trackman a ton and have NEVER seen my swing speed get above 103. Seeing it at 109 after 3 workouts was unbelievable. Really looking forward to getting to the range!

• Like 7
22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

So after a week of moving and getting settled in our new place - not to mention excessive temps/humidity, I'm back at it. This mornings session was a bit on the weak side - especially with the dominant hand. Not sure if it's the change-up of doing it early morning vs. previous afternoon sessions. Just for giggles I'm going to redo the protocol 2 this afternoon and see if there's a speed difference. 

Reminder to myself: DON"T do 2 sets of protocols in one day - my back will thank me! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Here is a side-by-side of a swing from last week (left) and last night (right). Backswing is quite a bit faster. @SuperSpeed Golf - is that fast enough or should I try to go even faster?

Based on the image @ChasingScratch posted from Rahm's post, I tried to tilt the radar a little bit last night. The results were much more consistent with a lot fewer "false ball speeds". Give it a shot if you are seeing strange things.

• Like 3

Left handed, slow swing speed tester-  Yellow, green , Blue   sticks.  

Felt good on "wrap up sunday" , played 18 in the morning and felt great , drove the ball very well. kind of a tale of 2 nine's --  front 9 I averaged 224 off the tee,  turned the corner on the back 9 and went 247,247,238,239, 249,  221....  that last one was me trying to push the accelerator through the floor board. Back 9 average minus the ugly one.. 244 yards.  

Looking at my arccos data , 224 is amount the norm ,  the 244 got me excited, it felt repeatable based on the focus I am putting on ball striking right now after my last lesson where set up and watching the club hit the ball and not pulling up to see how far i hit it and topping it. 

Now to the superspeed-  like most on here I feel somewhat stuck at 102/103 mph with the yellow stick, why I am not as concerned is I am seeing upticks in the green and blue sticks , got the green stick up to 100 mph on first set of swings sunday for the first time ever. got the blue into the 90's for the first time ever on "normal" swings. 

If I were not seeing gains on the course off the tee and also with the irons i would be a bit more concerned. I am very happy with how things are progressing utilizing the super speed system along with continuing my lessons as well as a fitness routine. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Reminder to myself: DON"T do 2 sets of protocols in one day - my back will thank me! 

I'm constantly yelling at myself to not pickup a club and swing more after doing a workout in the afternoon. 

"But I feel so fast, I just want to swing!" my mind says. 🤦‍♂️

I can only imagine how tight I would feel after doing 2 sessions in one day! 

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

51 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'm constantly yelling at myself to not pickup a club and swing more after doing a workout in the afternoon. 

"But I feel so fast, I just want to swing!" my mind says. 🤦‍♂️

I can only imagine how tight I would feel after doing 2 sessions in one day! 

I could not imagine doing this twice in one day..  I am drained after one session. 

• Like 5

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Here is a side-by-side of a swing from last week (left) and last night (right). Backswing is quite a bit faster. [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] - is that fast enough or should I try to go even faster?

[/url] Based on the image [mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] posted from Rahm's post, I tried to tilt the radar a little bit last night. The results were much more consistent with a lot fewer "false ball speeds". Give it a shot if you are seeing strange things.

The faster backswing actually doesn’t look all that fast to me. It looks like a good tempo. It shows you how slow the prior version of your backswing actually was.

Most tour players’ backswing is much faster than we realize. It’s not until you put them side by side with an amateur’s swing that you realize just how fast it is.

I have a book called ‘Tour Tempo’ that discusses this.

• Like 4

WITB:

3 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

The faster backswing actually doesn’t look all that fast to me. It looks like a good tempo. It shows you how slow the prior version of your backswing actually was.

Excellent point. I'm guessing that over the years, since tempo is a near-constant struggle, I've subconsciously substituted speed for tempo, thinking slower speed = better tempo. I'll have to hit the range before league tonight and see what happens with a faster backswing. I'm willing to make a bet the first driver I hit will be a high flare.

• Like 1

Excellent point. I'm guessing that over the years, since tempo is a near-constant struggle, I've subconsciously substituted speed for tempo, thinking slower speed = better tempo. I'll have to hit the range before league tonight and see what happens with a faster backswing. I'm willing to make a bet the first driver I hit will be a high flare.

Yeah compare your swings to a tour player. You’ll see how much closer to their speed your “fast” backswing is. Fast is always a relative concept given what you are used to.

• Like 2

WITB:

On 7/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, MaxEntropy said:

I was quite a bit "fresher" today than I was Saturday. Focussing on fast backswing worked well! All 3 of the first set of swings with the green stick were above 120, which is a first for me. Even though it's cooler today, it was still hot and I started losing speed.  Then I realized my rain gloves were nearly soaked with sweat, so I ran and grabbed a normal glove from my basement for the final 5 driver swings: 117, 111, 116, 115, and 111. I've hit 115 before, but but don't thinks I've ever had more than 1 swing above 111 or 112. I took a video of the first swings and will try to do a side-by-side with a swing from last week to see how much faster the backswing is. I'll post it tomorrow.

@MaxEntropy great to hear that the faster backswings worked! 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy great to hear that the faster backswings worked! 

Yesterday was the first day on the course with an intentionally faster backswing and the results were shockingly good - I still have issues to resolve but the two-way miss was gone, at least for the limited number of driving holes.

• Like 5

On 7/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, MaxEntropy said:

Here is a side-by-side of a swing from last week (left) and last night (right). Backswing is quite a bit faster. @SuperSpeed Golf - is that fast enough or should I try to go even faster?

Based on the image @ChasingScratch posted from Rahm's post, I tried to tilt the radar a little bit last night. The results were much more consistent with a lot fewer "false ball speeds". Give it a shot if you are seeing strange things.

@MaxEntropy so much better here! You’re basically at impact now when you were just finishing the backswing before. Try to maintain that backswing speed or slightly faster.

Here is a good look at the swing change Bryson made with the speed of his backswing. What a huge difference. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy so much better here! You’re basically at impact now when you were just finishing the backswing before. Try to maintain that backswing speed or slightly faster.

Here is a good look at the swing change Bryson made with the speed of his backswing. What a huge difference. 

Exactly.  Want to go faster, move faster LOL.  Seems stupidly simple, but hey.  Think about how our brains work.  If we tell our bodies to move slow and then all of a sudden want to move fast, those are two conflicting ideas.  So thinking of a slow back swing would be counter-productive if maximum speed is the goal. I'm not saying we need to throw it back as fast as Bryson, but he is obviously at the extremes of human capacity. 

Here is an example of the Tour Tempo book:

When you first start with the metronomes, it feel's crazy fast if you already have a "slower" back swing, but you get the feeling pretty quickly. 

Here is an example of the 3/1 tempos discussed in the book:

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 2

WITB: