GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

On 7/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, cnosil said:

@SuperSpeed Golf must have been the day;  I took my driver today and speed was  much better.    Hit 115 on a later swing but didn't take a photo.  

40705861_IMG_0552(2)(Small).JPG.1c605ad84ad219cc3ca46b509f78ae19.JPG917513872_IMG_0553(2)(Small).JPG.588daab7130062b99fcc7dfae18d19fb.JPG

Anyway,  here is a down the line and face on view if you see anything.    

@cnosil @ChasingScratch thanks for the videos here. Tony is spot on about the upper body. It looks like your having trouble separating the pelvis from the torso during transition leading to your upper body leaning towards the target too soon. During transition the upper body should still be rotating back while the pelvis is beginning to move in the opposite direction towards the target. This is what is referred to as the X Factor stretch and is highly correlated to club head speed. 

Without a physical assessment these drills from private players of ours should give you some things to work on.

https://app.coachnow.io/posts/c2ac0b761ae64e2cae804021e7f257e4

https://app.coachnow.io/posts/28e1d7a35a7f48668a846a3d7eb40cad

https://app.coachnow.io/posts/bb4c9fb048224eecb9d465501f9c12c3

• Like 4

On 7/27/2020 at 11:32 PM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@BLW15 @Mike Lambert for the original orange whip we would recommend alternating days due to the weight of it. It is somewhat confusing to the nervous system if you do it on the same day as speed training due to the overall weight. We have seen it work best for those who have trouble separating the pelvis from the torso during transition. It forces the pelvis to lead which is the proper sequence. This in turn also can assist in creating better lag. It is promoted as tempo and rhythm but we often forget a good tempo and rhythm doesn’t necessarily have to do with a swing that looks smooth or slower. A fast looking swing may have a great tempo just with the parts moving quicker. 

Thanks for the feedback!  I had been a little hesitant to use the orange whip during SS training (I haven't swung it since starting the SS training a few weeks back), thinking that it might work at cross-purposes with the speed training.  On the other hand, I do struggle a little with sequencing, and know exactly what you mean about it forcing the hip to lead, that's what I like about it.

• Like 3

@SuperSpeed Golf I’m a few weeks in to the third protocol, and I’ve been playing a lot of golf. My hands are sore, like I just completed an extremely hard workout, and my swing speed is down 7-8mph. I was thinking of taking a few days rest, but not sure where to resume the program. If I take 3-4 days, can I jump back in where I left off?

• Like 3

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

20 minutes ago, zrumble said:

@SuperSpeed Golf I’m a few weeks in to the third protocol, and I’ve been playing a lot of golf. My hands are sore, like I just completed an extremely hard workout, and my swing speed is down 7-8mph. I was thinking of taking a few days rest, but not sure where to resume the program. If I take 3-4 days, can I jump back in where I left off?

Good question; I have a similar question of @SuperSpeed Golf.  In 3 weeks I'm going to wrap up Level 2, but then immediately have 2 weeks of vacation and bringing the sticks with me won't be an option. When I come back, my plan was to jump back in by doing 1 "extra" week of Level 2, and then move on to Level 3, but I'm wondering if that's the recommended way to go.

• Like 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

It's going to be a perfect evening for speed - forecast in mid 80's with lower-than-normal humidity. Let's see if I can produce similar numbers to Wednesday ....

• Like 6

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

9 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@cnosil @ChasingScratch thanks for the videos here. Tony is spot on about the upper body. It looks like your having trouble separating the pelvis from the torso during transition leading to your upper body leaning towards the target too soon. During transition the upper body should still be rotating back while the pelvis is beginning to move in the opposite direction towards the target. This is what is referred to as the X Factor stretch and is highly correlated to club head speed. 

Without a physical assessment these drills from private players of ours should give you some things to work on.

https://app.coachnow.io/posts/c2ac0b761ae64e2cae804021e7f257e4

https://app.coachnow.io/posts/28e1d7a35a7f48668a846a3d7eb40cad

https://app.coachnow.io/posts/bb4c9fb048224eecb9d465501f9c12c3

thanks.  When I try to access those links on coachnow,  I get an error that I don't have enough permissions. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

thanks.  When I try to access those links on coachnow,  I get an error that I don't have enough permissions. 

Same for me, says you need a login.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Same for me, says you need a login.

I have an account as that is where my coach and I exchange information;  so it is more than just being able to log in.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just finished week 3 of level 2...overall, speed is down a little the past couple of weeks, but I think that could be a combo of hot days and humidity, plus I've been back at the gym the past 4 weeks, so maybe a little fatigue there as I transition back from being a slug.

Couple of interesting things I'm noticing:

• My non-dominant (left) step-change swings feel great - really smooth and a nice transition from back-swing to down-swing - since I shortened my step and are quite a bit faster than dominant side swings.  Now if I can re-create that on the right side, I'll be cookin'
  • The last knuckle on my left pinkie has been sore and a bit swollen for a few weeks now, I was getting worried that it might be arthritis starting.  But I think I just figured it out:  I've been using a baseball swing due to some tendinitis in my left thumb, and apparently my pinkie is gripping too tightly and getting mashed a bit when I swing.  Funny how compensating for one little thing can cascade to another thing.

Also wanted to add that I've keep learning things from everyone's posts, that's been really helpful too.  Thanks everybody!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Level 2 - Modified - Week 1 Summary video is now live:

I'm going to be really focusing on a squat/jump move this week (think Bubba and Justin Thomas) to see if I can't continue to work on vertical ground forces vs horizontal pushing. 

Hope you all are doing well and pushing yourselves to the limit!

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 3

WITB:

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

@cnosil 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, zrumble said:

@zrumble drop the training down to 2 days per week with more rest in between sessions. Make sure you’re wearing a glove on each hand. 

Also, grip strength is highly correlated with club head speed so some grip strength exercises may really benefit you. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Good question; I have a similar question of @SuperSpeed Golf.  In 3 weeks I'm going to wrap up Level 2, but then immediately have 2 weeks of vacation and bringing the sticks with me won't be an option. When I come back, my plan was to jump back in by doing 1 "extra" week of Level 2, and then move on to Level 3, but I'm wondering if that's the recommended way to go.

@Getoffmylawn yes we’d recommend doing exactly as you stated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Level 2 - Modified - Week 1 Summary video is now live:

I'm going to be really focusing on a squat/jump move this week (think Bubba and Justin Thomas) to see if I can't continue to work on vertical ground forces vs horizontal pushing. 

Hope you all are doing well and pushing yourselves to the limit!

@ChasingScratch these are looking so much better! Much less slide and it looks faster. 

• Like 2

It was another good night tonight. Not as fast as Wednesday, but still faster than pretty much every other session. I did have a pretty exhausting week, so that may have contributed. "After" driver was still in the 113-117 range for all 5 swings as opposed to 109-111 for the last month, or so. "Before" speeds were a little quicker than Wednesday, so I'm going to assume the second jump is here and that before and after will start converging.

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Will have updates shortly. Made the move across the pond to mountain land and of course gold clubs and Superspeed sticks were priority and would have come carry on if they could have! These sticks have done some travel in their short time and don't a lot of good for my swing speed too!

Promise I will also get some of those videos too.

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

18 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@zrumble drop the training down to 2 days per week with more rest in between sessions. Make sure you’re wearing a glove on each hand. 

Also, grip strength is highly correlated with club head speed so some grip strength exercises may really benefit you. 

That sounds like a plan. I’ve read a bunch of official reviews threads and @SuperSpeed Golf has THE best service. Love how you guys are always here for the MGS community, and I’m not even an official tester. 

• Like 5

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

For this Level 2 protocol, my main focus is to increase vertical ground forces. Today, I worked on slamming the lead heel and then jumping off the ground (that’s the feel). I even got to where my lead foot was coming off the ground then turning like Bubba.

Check out the slow swing below:

• Like 7

WITB:

I’m not a tester but wanted to update again. After a few weeks off due to vacation and work craziness i started the third protocol today and wow! It seems I haven’t missed a beat and hit a PR across the board! Even hit 125 with a drive dry swing after the workout! The biggest takeaway I’ve seen however is my accuracy has greatly improved, I’m swinging easier on the course and still hitting it farther than my max out swings. Last time I played I didn’t have a single big right miss which I usually have 2-3 around!

Here are my numbers from the start of protocol 3! 🏌🏼‍♂️IMG_2635.thumb.JPG.0864414545befad8860abea877bfd000.JPG

• Like 9

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 3

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 4

Irons- Cobra F8 One Length 5-G

Wedges- TM Milled grind 54* and 58*

Putter- Tommy Armour Impact No3 CB

IMG_2121.JPG

Left handed with the blue stick. I had to post it. I’ve been only doing maintenance sessions this summer due to heat indexes around 110 every day. I will get back to level 3 in earnest in September when it’s a it cooler in the evening at least.

My swing speed and distance on course are holding up nicely, unlike last summer when I stopped training altogether

• Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them