Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

Hello all, I've had a great time reading the first 35 pages of posts today.  I'm in my late 60s and have lost a lot of clubhead speed in the last couple of years. I swung my driver with just a Swing Speed Radar a few weeks ago and was shocked to learn my clubhead speed on those swings was in the high 70s. I also have a Flightscope LM and looked up swings from two years back. My 9 iron was in the high 70s at that time. So, I recently got the SuperSpeed sticks and I am on week 2 or protocol 1.  I bought a Swing Speed Radar when I bought the sticks, but I haven't been disciplined about writing down my results. I think my dominant step swings have been high 80s and my dominant regular swings have been 85-86 mph with the blue club so far.

Recently, I found  a paper by par4success with research showing overspeed training with just one stick, the blue one is more effective with faster and greater overall results. I've read something similar from TPI as well.

Has anyone come across data like this? I wonder if @SuperSpeed Golf would like to comment of discuss this?

Here's a link to the par4success white paper

• Like 5

It looks like a good day to play golf!

I was chasing the weather tonight - I knew rain was coming and the first few drops hit me while I was finishing up the last driver swings. It was the fastest I've ever made it through all the swings and I felt like I was going to pass out when I finished. Numbers were good again. Final driver swings were 114, 116, 117, 116, and 114 and hit 126 with green stick in its final round. Before driver swings were a little lower than they have been the last week, but about even with where it has been earlier in this protocol.

• Like 6

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Slow swing speed category - yellow/green/blue speed sticks.

Last week of level 2 wrapped up and seeing similar numbers as the
last few weeks , not complaining but hoping the next level a can get over the hurdle.

Been golfing a lot and really seeing some significant gains with most clubs not just driver, but the driver is making me happy. Reaching 235-240 more frequently and put one out in “position A” on the 18th hole yesterday at 261 yards, second longest drive to date.

The longer drives are really taking the long irons/fairway/hybrid out of my hands, I had 2 birdies in my round yesterday and one this morning. Going driver- 7 iron or shorter makes such a massive difference.

Using arccos I can see my club usage and due to lack of use it allowed me the opportunity to add in another wedge and a rescue as I’ve take out my 3 wood and 3 hybrid.

Distance off the tee is making golf more enjoyable, massive thanks to MGS and super speed.

As always let me know is there is anything that you want to see or know .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

51 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Last week of level 2 wrapped up and seeing similar numbers as the

Level 2 is 8 weeks, no? Or have you finished 8 already?

• Like 3

Level 2 is 8 weeks, no? Or have you finished 8 already?

Dang it maybe so, I can’t access the spreadsheet to update speeds from my phone so I’ll have to check tomorrow when I update it.

I’m sure your right, My mistake

• Like 5

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Fix me!
http://

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Alright @SuperSpeed Golf consider me in on the posting my swing video. Be nice haha. 

Nice yard dude!! Tank tops add at least 5mph. Trust me, I know from extensive experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Fix me! http:// [/url]

Since I was correct with cnosil, I’ll give a shot with yours.

IMG_6953.PNG.452bd9b3f16756009e483514f912c74a.PNG

Here in the backswing, your trail leg and knee are bent quite a bit as opposed to braced more like a fence post.

IMG_6954.PNG.44625789b42969606c2c532d0d06f3c0.PNG

Here it looks like you’re dumping the club a little too early (releasing a little early).

IMG_6952.PNG.12bc512fb327a800325aa421f244325f.PNG

Here, perhaps would like to see more upper body rotation, but you’ve got the shaft and lead arm in alignment, which is good. Those would be my guesses.

• Like 2

WITB:

23 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Nice yard dude!! Tank tops add at least 5mph. Trust me, I know from extensive experience. emoji6.png

Might have to find a tank top with a collar to wear to the course, if that's the case.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Fix me!
http://

For what it’s worth, I agree completely with @ChasingScratch’s assessment.  Trail leg flex was a big thing for me to work on too.

This video offers a good explanation on that:

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Might have to find a tank top with a collar to wear to the course, if that's the case.

Think about why they don’t allow them. We’d make the course obsolete with all the added distance!!

• Haha 1

WITB:

Since I was correct with cnosil, I’ll give a shot with yours. 
IMG_6953.PNG.452bd9b3f16756009e483514f912c74a.PNG

Here in the backswing, your trail leg and knee are bent quite a bit as opposed to braced more like a fence post.

IMG_6954.PNG.44625789b42969606c2c532d0d06f3c0.PNG

Here it looks like you’re dumping the club a little too early (releasing a little early).

IMG_6952.PNG.12bc512fb327a800325aa421f244325f.PNG

Here, perhaps would like to see more upper body rotation, but you’ve got the shaft and lead arm in alignment, which is good. Those would be my guesses.

I was hoping you’d say I was perfect
Either way, how do you get lag?
This was from about a month ago and I’m better at not coiling (old baseball habits)
What do you mean regarding the upper body rotation? (Again my old baseball mechanics were keep the front shoulder in)

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

I was hoping you’d say I was perfect Either way, how do you get lag? This was from about a month ago and I’m better at not coiling (old baseball habits)What do you mean regarding the upper body rotation? (Again my old baseball mechanics were keep the front shoulder in) 

Upper body rotation: the amount open/facing the target the chest and/or shoulders are at impact (my definition for our purposes). Looks like your upper body (both shoulder and chest) is pretty close to facing the ball (parallel to the flight line). Looking at some professionals, their chest rotation greatly exceeds amateurs’. However it is tough to tell from a face on view (DTL is clearer). Some have the shoulders more open at impact and others have the chest open but shoulders closer to parallel at impact. This is very unique to the individual golfer and I should think that there certainly isn’t any one ideal for everyone. 

Lag is not necessarily something you have to create consciously and it’s something that you can hold onto for too long (I do this and am actually working to unload the lag earlier to shallow my angle of attack with irons and woods. My arms are laid off but my angle down into the ball is steep).

I can send you a video in a PM if you want. I did one for consil as well.

If you have a good kinematic sequence, there really isn’t much need to create any extra lag, provided you don’t come over the top and need a scoop to compensate so you don’t hit a huge slice.

But again your lead arm and shaft seem to be aligned at impact which is all you want/need. You have good speed already. If you are hitting it with a good shape and consistently, I wouldn’t mess too much with it.

Only reason I said anything was because you said “fix me”

How far to you hit driver already?

WITB:

On 8/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, ChasingScratch said:

For this Level 2 protocol, my main focus is to increase vertical ground forces. Today, I worked on slamming the lead heel and then jumping off the ground (that’s the feel). I even got to where my lead foot was coming off the ground then turning like Bubba.

Check out the slow swing below:

@ChasingScratch great looking here. There are many ways to get it done with the swing and this is perfect for what Tony was working towards. However, you’ll see guys like Gary Woodland and Brooks Koepka have zero jump and gain their power from more torque and lateral pressure into the ground. We are all unique but it can be fun to figure out that puzzle. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

Hello all, I've had a great time reading the first 35 pages of posts today.  I'm in my late 60s and have lost a lot of clubhead speed in the last couple of years. I swung my driver with just a Swing Speed Radar a few weeks ago and was shocked to learn my clubhead speed on those swings was in the high 70s. I also have a Flightscope LM and looked up swings from two years back. My 9 iron was in the high 70s at that time. So, I recently got the SuperSpeed sticks and I am on week 2 or protocol 1.  I bought a Swing Speed Radar when I bought the sticks, but I haven't been disciplined about writing down my results. I think my dominant step swings have been high 80s and my dominant regular swings have been 85-86 mph with the blue club so far.

Recently, I found  a paper by par4success with research showing overspeed training with just one stick, the blue one is more effective with faster and greater overall results. I've read something similar from TPI as well.

Has anyone come across data like this? I wonder if @SuperSpeed Golf would like to comment of discuss this?

Here's a link to the par4success white paper

@TaketheCannoli thanks for the question. Yes we know the work of Par 4 Success and spoken to them many times. Unfortunately they did not perform our protocols correctly and did way too many reps in the initial phase than we recommend  which is the main reason they saw what they saw. They also had a very low amount of participants so there is no way to make a conclusion from that few of people. 

The concept of OverSpeed training or overload/Underload training requires the use of lighter and heavier implements to stimulate an increase in central nervous system firing rates and reduction in the inhibitory mechanism within the neuromuscular system. In other words, using just 1 light weight will not sufficiently stimulate the nervous system to adapt leading to a large speed increase and potential a permanent change. 

We have personally seen and worked with thousands upon thousands of players so we have the most data of anyone in golf on this subject and this is also what another successful sports do in their training. 

Hope that helps

• Like 4
[mention=31260]TaketheCannoli[/mention] thanks for the question. Yes we know the work of Par 4 Success and spoken to them many times. Unfortunately they did not perform our protocols correctly and did way too many reps in the initial phase than we recommend  which is the main reason they saw what they saw. They also had a very low amount of participants so there is no way to make a conclusion from that few of people. 

The concept of OverSpeed training or overload/Underload training requires the use of lighter and heavier implements to stimulate an increase in central nervous system firing rates and reduction in the inhibitory mechanism within the neuromuscular system. In other words, using just 1 light weight will not sufficiently stimulate the nervous system to adapt leading to a large speed increase and potential a permanent change. 

We have personally seen and worked with thousands upon thousands of players so we have the most data of anyone in golf on this subject and this is also what another successful sports do in their training. 

Hope that helps

Thank you!!!

As a follow up I’ve switched to the blue stick for the dynamic warm up. It seems to get me to a faster point right out of the gate.

Thoughts there SuperSpeed?

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

8 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm no prize, but I've seen you in a golf shirt...please don't. 🤣

• Haha 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I’m getting closer to that magical 130mph driver swing from the very first week of training.

Hit 127mph today and a few others of 125 and 126. But some others also read 117–119. It seems that when I get the swing path in relation to the PRGR juuuuuuuust right, I get accurate readings.

I actually got off the ground today in my training lol. Literally both feet jumped off the ground. I may be over doing it just a bit on the jump, but hey, this is overspeed training right?

• Like 5

WITB:

1 minute ago, ChasingScratch said:

I’m getting closer to that magical 130mph driver swing from the very first week of training.

Hit 127mph today and a few others of 125 and 126. But some others also read 117–119. It seems that when I get the swing path in relation to the PRGR juuuuuuuust right, I get accurate readings.

I actually got off the ground today in my training lol. Literally both feet jumped off the ground. I may be over doing it just a bit on the jump, but hey, this is overspeed training right?

That's awesome.  Hell no you're not overdoing it.  Exaggerating a move to better incorporate it into your "real" swing is proven to help. Watch Alex Noren on the range working on a fade motion...crazy exaggeration of the motion.

Keep at it, big numbers!

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver