Jump to content

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System


Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

1 minute ago, ChasingScratch said:

 


I mean..... that would have you swinging as fast as World Long Drive champion Kyle Berkshire.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

i can get it up to 139-141 now, with my standard driver swing being 135. it would just be cool to know where my physical limit is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

i can get it up to 139-141 now, with my standard driver swing being 135. it would just be cool to know where my physical limit is. 

 

You should reach out to Kyle at SuperSpeed. He might recommend the Long Drivers version of the sticks/program.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been getting all sorts of funky readings. Was at 131 green, then couldn’t get over 107.  Today was 122 max.

So I am a bit discouraged... flipped the green stick over and took a few swings with the weight in my hands.  146, 144, 147, 147...

 

what is that all about?.  It feels waaay slower than swinging it the right way with the weight at the bottom.

counter weighted driver in my future?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I have been getting all sorts of funky readings. Was at 131 green, then couldn’t get over 107.  Today was 122 max.
So I am a bit discouraged... flipped the green stick over and took a few swings with the weight in my hands.  146, 144, 147, 147...
 
what is that all about?.  It feels waaay slower than swinging it the right way with the weight at the bottom.
counter weighted driver in my future?


I do know they make a counter-weighted stick now.

I’ve given up on putting to much emphasis on the PRGR readings for me. I’ll just focus on GC Quad data and actual course data during rounds. The PRGR just doesn’t seem to like my swing for some reason. Maybe your path was off that day?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

 


I do know they make a counter-weighted stick now.

I’ve given up on putting to much emphasis on the PRGR readings for me. I’ll just focus on GC Quad data and actual course data during rounds. The PRGR just doesn’t seem to like my swing for some reason. Maybe your path was off that day?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

My path is probably off every day... 😂😂

Using the swing radar, not the PRGR thing.  Just weird it that it picks up the handle end of the club, but doesn’t pick up the weighted end.  I know this thing is moving faster than some of the low readings I’m getting.

Makes it hard to capture any progress, if there is any.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

i can get it up to 139-141 now, with my standard driver swing being 135. it would just be cool to know where my physical limit is. 

Do you participate in long drive events?

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
Link to post
Share on other sites

As this winds down I wanted to thank our test group one more time.

I’ve now been using the sticks for 2 years - I stopped last summer in the heat and regressed for sure so I resumed in January and got my speed back up to where it was when I stopped.

This summer I’ve vowed to do at least one workout per week with a goal of resuming protocols in October when the cooler weather returns. That will now move to November as I will need to focus on the Wilson D7 forged testing.

Here’s a couple of scenes from today’s workout. As a side note we are being brushed by a tropical system and so it was cooler than it has been in a long time.

IMG_2209.JPG

Workouts can be tough on the yard particularly when it’s wet. Fortunately I’m no maniacal about my lawn - it’s a functional space for grilling out, playing whiffle ball and catch with the grandkids - that sort of stuff.

IMG_2210.JPG

You need a speed device of some sort. This is a record green stick high for me. It came on my last swing of the day. When I swung I didn’t think anything of it. It felt about the same as the one before which was 117 - about where it’s been throughout the maintenance time.

Sometimes you can be surprised by what comes up on the radar. :)


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites

So update on my GCQuad session.

My swing and AOA have changed substantially. When I was fit for this driver, I had a +5 AOA. As such, I needed a low spin head and low spin shaft. My launch was high enough to get the benefit of no spin.

Since doing the heel stomp drills and working on a flatter AOA, my AOA is now closer to 0 to +1. As such, the driver setup doesn’t really fit that swing. It is a much more consistent AOA and my irons are flying with proper trajectory now. Divots are better and more forgiving as well.

Long story short, I may need a new driver setup. We cranked up the loft and added a heavier weight to my current driver. I’ll see how it handles on the course, but I was basically hitting baby cuts that would carry 295-300 and roll out to 315-325. My fitter told me that this is all that DJ, Rahm, and all the others are looking for out of their drivers. If they wanted to go +5 and no spin like Bryson has done, they could, but their accuracy would go south.

I was very tired (have been battling insomnia for the past few weeks), so I wasn’t feeling fast at all, and my speeds were a little slower than last time. But I’m chalking that’s up to sleep deprivation, not regression.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 6

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 7:12 AM, Shankster said:

My path is probably off every day... 😂😂

Using the swing radar, not the PRGR thing.  Just weird it that it picks up the handle end of the club, but doesn’t pick up the weighted end.  I know this thing is moving faster than some of the low readings I’m getting.

Makes it hard to capture any progress, if there is any.

I've not had that kind of variance with the SSR. Seems very odd to me that it went from 130s to 107. Radar in same place in stance? Perhaps lighting issues? I've seen more funkiness in readings if sun bounces off the club head in a certain way.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.4 (Last Updated Nov. 10, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edingc said:

I've not had that kind of variance with the SSR. Seems very odd to me that it went from 130s to 107. Radar in same place in stance? Perhaps lighting issues? I've seen more funkiness in readings if sun bounces off the club head in a certain way.

Yeah.  Same spot, same amount of shade... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, Shankster said:

Yeah.  Same spot, same amount of shade... 

Try new batteries, in my experience misreads increases and the batteries get worn down. 

  • Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 5-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:taylormade-small: TP Berwick

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, ChasingScratch said:

 

You should reach out to Kyle at SuperSpeed. He might recommend the Long Drivers version of the sticks/program.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@ChasingScratch @Chip Strokes we’ve worked with many of the top Long Drive pros or consulted with them. Quite amazing what they can do. Happy to answer any questions. We have a Long Drive specific set that is designed for those competing in Long Drive competitions. For reference one of the guys actually hit 183 mph with the green club. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, MaxEntropy said:

Well that was interesting.....

@SuperSpeed Golf had recommended I do the "Advanced Speed Protocol 3" once per week in place of a normal level 3 protocol. This protocol is all dominant side, standing swings only. They call it a sprint, but you are supposed to rip off 8 consecutive (really hard) swings as quickly as you can. Light, medium, heavy, then repeat light. This protocol is supposed to help with lag. Tonight was the first night of this. I learned my balance is terrible - resetting to do another hard swing quickly wasn't nearly as easy as they make it look in the demo video. I might have to post a video of it for giggles so you can compare them and me.

Question for SuperSpeed: I assume I am still supposed to do the 5 before and after driver swings? 

@MaxEntropy it’s definitely not easy at the start of the sprint protocol! Has it gotten any better since the first session? 
It’s not necessarily to do the driver swings before and after on the ASD protocols since they are working on something a little different. Would be good to compare the start video face on and then see how it changes though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 6:12 AM, Shankster said:

My path is probably off every day... 😂😂

Using the swing radar, not the PRGR thing.  Just weird it that it picks up the handle end of the club, but doesn’t pick up the weighted end.  I know this thing is moving faster than some of the low readings I’m getting.

Makes it hard to capture any progress, if there is any.

@Shankster could you post a picture of where you have it set up compared to the clubs? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, ChasingScratch said:

So update on my GCQuad session.

My swing and AOA have changed substantially. When I was fit for this driver, I had a +5 AOA. As such, I needed a low spin head and low spin shaft. My launch was high enough to get the benefit of no spin.

Since doing the heel stomp drills and working on a flatter AOA, my AOA is now closer to 0 to +1. As such, the driver setup doesn’t really fit that swing. It is a much more consistent AOA and my irons are flying with proper trajectory now. Divots are better and more forgiving as well.

Long story short, I may need a new driver setup. We cranked up the loft and added a heavier weight to my current driver. I’ll see how it handles on the course, but I was basically hitting baby cuts that would carry 295-300 and roll out to 315-325. My fitter told me that this is all that DJ, Rahm, and all the others are looking for out of their drivers. If they wanted to go +5 and no spin like Bryson has done, they could, but their accuracy would go south.

I was very tired (have been battling insomnia for the past few weeks), so I wasn’t feeling fast at all, and my speeds were a little slower than last time. But I’m chalking that’s up to sleep deprivation, not regression.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@ChasingScratch it’s always good to see how much clubs change with more speed and not just spin. Club path, angle of attack, dynamic loft are all important if possible to track. Dialing in a new driver with that new AoA would be great to see results wise and when fresh. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

😍😍😍😍

 

  • Like 6

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlukes said:

😍😍😍😍

 

That's awesome, Joe!

  • Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy it’s definitely not easy at the start of the sprint protocol! Has it gotten any better since the first session? 
It’s not necessarily to do the driver swings before and after on the ASD protocols since they are working on something a little different. Would be good to compare the start video face on and then see how it changes though. 

Because of the weather and amount of golf I have been playing with the end of season approaching, I ended up with a couple 4-5 day breaks. I will be doing the second session of the ASD tomorrow and will report back.

  • Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@Shankster could you post a picture of where you have it set up compared to the clubs? 

Roughly the same spot for the training sticks too.  

9CF4E628-036B-45A5-B03C-38627BBD6A5A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...