2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

On 9/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@MaxEntropy it’s definitely not easy at the start of the sprint protocol! Has it gotten any better since the first session? 
It’s not necessarily to do the driver swings before and after on the ASD protocols since they are working on something a little different. Would be good to compare the start video face on and then see how it changes though. 

I did my second session of ASD 3 last night. Overall, my balance was a little better, but still a little tricky to quickly get reset and swing. I forgot to record the swings, so I'll do it next week.

• Like 4

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

I’ll be posting my official review sometime next week most likely. I broke my left foot pinky toe so I’ll be down for another 4-6 weeks. Come on 2021, you can’t get here fast enough! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Review to drop Friday! Compiling all the data and getting some good figures for everyone. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Review to drop Friday! Compiling all the data and getting some good figures for everyone. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

After a few weeks of ‘mostly’ following a 3 day per week training session, I am seeing a consistent 116mph with driver.  Still getting odd numbers with the training sticks.

116 Driver

111 3 Wood

106 2 Hybrid

103 3 iron

Friday outing planned to see what this does on the course.

A74174C0-31B0-4188-91A6-23F7B3B92DB7.jpeg

• Like 7

Since I am "done" for the purposes of the review, I decided to play around with the radar positioning the last few weeks - I didn't want to potentially mess with the "official" results but I learned a few interesting things: due to my deck layout, I have to swing in the same spot both RH and LH and I was moving the radar between every set. I can leave the radar in place and swing at it left-handed. I had found that there seem to be more flaky numbers doing that (how much is due to my crappy LH swing being on the wrong path?), but tonight I stood further away from it (~6 feet) and no LH readings were weird. The numbers were also in line with what I had been seeing. Just FYI if you can't just step to the other side to do non-dominant swings.

• Like 2

Uh... yep!  This training system works. Made absolute dead center square contact... 

I hit a whole bucket with the driver alone and the swing speed radar.  Only one of the ll was below 115mph. Most were 117-118, and a handful of 119’s. Two 120’s...

Uncharted territory....

Goal is now 130+

17208BBF-4932-4DFA-8E37-D9979DBC95F5.jpeg

• Like 8

It is a day earlier then expected, but for those who are needing some evening reading my review is up! Of course there will be much follow up as the program continues and expect a updated scoring on the review in the coming months when I have more rounds in! 
Also final note will be I am going to try and find GC quad or trackman and get a full round up of numbers then fire them off to TXG and say give me a driver since they ship worldwide and will likely be cheaper then anything I can find here in Switzerland. 
Thanks everyone for following along and please feel free to send any follow up if you have them. 
I did not post kneeling swing or step swing numbers as I figured the other data was more relevant to the review, but can go over them if so desired. 
Cheers! 

• Like 7

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

I learned from being a part of the first test group that I’m fastest late afternoon.

I don’t often go to the range or play in the morning but I did go to the range this morning at 9 AM.

I was primarily working on the D7 forged test but for kicks pulled driver and hit 6 with it. I was swinging very well so it was a good test. My average SS was 89, carry 208. That’s compared to a 10 ball sequence hit at 330 PM a few weeks back where it was 93, 220 carry.

No wonder I almost always shoot my better score in the afternoon round of a 2 day tournament. I will now be able to factor this in whenever I play in the morning - take an extra club, always!!!

• Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Thanks to all the testers who made it through the complete Level 2! 

Some choose now to take a break and some keep going. We have three more levels for those who would like to continue. If you choose to take a break starting at the beginning of Level 3 is fine. If you take an extended break feel free to ask where the best place to start is. 

We will be on the forum to continue to assist for new testers or those going through the protocols. 

• Like 5

Some choose now to take a break and some keep going. We have three more levels for those who would like to continue. If you choose to take a break starting at the beginning of Level 3 is fine. If you take an extended break feel free to ask where the best place to start is. 

We will be on the forum to continue to assist for new testers or those going through the protocols. 

Thanks SuperSpeed - I haven’t taken a break but have been doing maintenance all summer. I’m going to resume next week and was thinking I’d start at level 3 - I finished 2 when I backed off in mid June - I’ve been doing 1-2 level 1 protocols per week since then.

What would you recommend as I start back up in earnest?

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

5 minutes ago, revkev said:

Thanks SuperSpeed - I haven’t taken a break but have been doing maintenance all summer. I’m going to resume next week and was thinking I’d start at level 3 - I finished 2 when I backed off in mid June - I’ve been doing 1-2 level 1 protocols per week since then.

What would you recommend as I start back up in earnest?

@revkev yes Level 3 would be the best place to start up if you can do the 3x per week sessions again.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Thank you for all your input and activity in this thread. Speaking for myself, it was a huge help!

I promised to post a video of one of the sprint protocols. Here is is:

This was my third session doing this protocol - I feel like my balance is improving every time out, but you can still see a couple swing in this video where it is more of a scramble for me to get reset quickly. Question for @SuperSpeed Golf: just for giggles, I have the radar set up, knowing it does not have the response time to capture all the swings, but I was curious what my speeds are doing this versus starting stationary. I have been losing about 10 mph doing this protocol, regardless of which stick I'm swinging. Is this normal? I also understand this protocol is designed to help create lag - is there some specific feeling I am going for or will it just "happen" as I progress?

• Like 1

Guys and Gals, my stage 2/protocol 2 review is up. My apologies for taking so long to post - let's just say there have been external factors that rose to the top of the priority list. I have a bunch of charts, etc. but I chose not to include videos since I would look like a slow poke compared to the rest of the testers - they're swing speed simply amazes me. The most important pic is not of charts, or the PRGR monitor or the sticks but of on- course results. This past spring I started out with a 22.5 index and 10 days ago I got it to a low of18. It's up a bit from that low - for the same reasons this review is late. The reason I'm dropping my Index? More GIR as I mentioned in my review. Why? Because I'm longer not only off the tee but with my second shot. SuperSpeed works. 

202327494_Image-1(20).jpg.265d08fb42e00c889a8f9c0aeafd06b9.jpg

• Like 9

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Great job @tony@CIC and @Apolloshowl - I think it's great that between all of us we span around 4 decades in age with a big variety in swing speeds and have almost universally seen positive results. Something to consider going forward is doing some of the tests for the advanced speed protocols and fitting them in as needed. I've found that I am fresher (and faster) on Fridays since doing that (my usual routine is M, W, F).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Great job @tony@CIC and @Apolloshowl - I think it's great that between all of us we span around 4 decades in age with a big variety in swing speeds and have almost universally seen positive results. Something to consider going forward is doing some of the tests for the advanced speed protocols and fitting them in as needed. I've found that I am fresher (and faster) on Fridays since doing that (my usual routine is M, W, F).

That's interesting. I think part of my speed hiccups were the result of doing them on a day I played 18 (didn't want to miss a day doing protocols). We're on our way to Florida this week to look for a winter place, so I missed the workouts. I did take the sticks with me so come Monday, I'm back at it again. I'm absolutely convinced that I'm going to pick up a few more mph to hit my target of 90 come next spring.  

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

We're on our way to Florida this week to look for a winter place

You'll have to let us know where because it's on the Gulf side you could get in on the March spectacular that @revkev, @fozcycle and I always play.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That's interesting. I think part of my speed hiccups were the result of doing them on a day I played 18 (didn't want to miss a day doing protocols). We're on our way to Florida this week to look for a winter place, so I missed the workouts. I did take the sticks with me so come Monday, I'm back at it again. I'm absolutely convinced that I'm going to pick up a few more mph to hit my target of 90 come next spring.  

Where are you heading?

• Like 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

On 9/17/2020 at 7:24 AM, MaxEntropy said:

I did my second session of ASD 3 last night. Overall, my balance was a little better, but still a little tricky to quickly get reset and swing. I forgot to record the swings, so I'll do it next week.

Have you incorporated that feel in your on course swing? If so, have you noticed any difference in ball striking or length you hit clubs doing that?

It looks like a good day to play golf!

Nice 2nd Protocol review! Do you think the clubhead speed variances between the different weight clubs was more due to your move and the weather? I was a little surprised the different clubs didn't increase at the same rates over time.   @tony@CIC

It looks like a good day to play golf!